Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2014, 14:19   #2326
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Do you have any news about launch of the new face-lifted version of swift?
The online pictures of the face-lifted versions are great, but have Maruthi made any changes in the interior of the car?
From what I've read,the face-lifted Swift will have folding mirrors,push start button and may be even cruise control,not very sure of cruise control though. Changes on exterior would be DRL's and redesigned bumpers.
shashank.nk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 14:39   #2327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Major changes are to the exterior. I don't remember seeing a noticeable change to the interiors.

Expecting the Swift by year end mostly though there is no such news confirming the same.

Anurag.
Seriously Anurag is it going to be year end ? I heard that it will happen in July ( though Maruthi has been silent about it so far).

Is the face lifted version going to make a ripple in the market or is it just an act by Maruti to "milk" the last drop out of swift ?

Shashank:

So the changes are just cosmetic ( save for the cruise control) . Even the fixture for LED park lights in the front bumper appear to be that of the existing model only.

Last edited by Turbo car : 21st July 2014 at 14:44.
Old 26th July 2014, 23:36   #2328
BHPian

Guys, just a thought.
Is the sheet metal used in Swift is so light that it easily attracts dents even at the slightest impacts?

Lately I have been seeing mostly all the Swifts on road with dents on various panels on the body especially in fenders, bumpers, bonnet area just above the radiator grille and also the line scratches which run just below the window line somewhat appears to be deeper in Swifts.

For instance, few months ago there was a hailstorm in Jaipur and I can see that many Swifts have got their bonnets dented due to the hailstones. Even our WagonR was standing outside but the damage is not that much visible in my Waggie as compared to our neighbour's Glistening Grey Swift

On the other hand, sheet metal of Swift Dzire looks okay and not majority of them which I see on road have their body panels dented as compared to the Swift.

Can the current owners please share their views on this. How is your Swift holding up externally considering the lack of traffic discipline which we see everyday on our roads.
Thanks.

Last edited by Sherlocked : 26th July 2014 at 23:38.
Old 27th July 2014, 06:53   #2329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Guys, just a thought.
Is the sheet metal used in Swift is so light that it easily attracts dents even at the slightest impacts?

Lately I have been seeing mostly all the Swifts on road with dents on various panels on the body especially in fenders, bumpers, bonnet area just above the radiator grille and also the line scratches which run just below the window line somewhat appears to be deeper in Swifts.

For instance, few months ago there was a hailstorm in Jaipur and I can see that many Swifts have got their bonnets dented due to the hailstones. Even our WagonR was standing outside but the damage is not that much visible in my Waggie as compared to our neighbour's Glistening Grey Swift

On the other hand, sheet metal of Swift Dzire looks okay and not majority of them which I see on road have their body panels dented as compared to the Swift.

Can the current owners please share their views on this. How is your Swift holding up externally considering the lack of traffic discipline which we see everyday on our roads.
Thanks.
In that matter even Honda uses very light sheet metal. Even I have been using new City and find sheet metal quality really light.
For uncompromising build quality European cars are the best in the market. Volkswagon and FIAT have one of the best build quality I have seen.
Old 27th July 2014, 08:37   #2330
BANNED

Quote:

One word that we Indians strive on is the reason for your doubt in mind.

"Fuel Efficiency!"

To satisfy all of us in this parameter, almost everything is paper light and thin so the sheet metal is less in turn to keep the car light so it efficient. With your thumb you can press into the doors and body.

Nothing much can be done but IMO the current situation is not that bad I guess. Dents and scratches are regular and till date haven't faced any. *Touchwood*

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2014, 10:48   #2331
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
For uncompromising build quality European cars are the best in the market. Volkswagon and FIAT have one of the best build quality I have seen.
My friend was leaning on his Punto's boot and left a visible sent on it. Duster fenders prone to get dents. It's not European or non European
Brand, it's making the car more efficient I guess.
Old 29th July 2014, 11:27   #2332
BHPian

Did a Chennai-Bangalore-Mysore-Bangalore-Chennai (1100Kms) trip and got an avg mileage of 18.5 kmpl In spite of continuously driving at speeds over 100 kmph, though the roads were a dream to drive on.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-1406613070034.jpg  

SRTH1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2014, 11:37   #2333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, just a thought.
Yeah, it is very light indeed. The bonnet and fenders will hold good and wouldn't cause a problem as there are folds and curves on the surface which adds to the strength of the sheet metal and keep it tight.

But the area which is so prone to dents are the doors, especially the upper portion. MSIL should use a higher gauge steel there.
Old 1st August 2014, 13:59   #2334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post

But the area which is so prone to dents are the doors, especially the upper portion. MSIL should use a higher gauge steel there.
And this is the area where bikers frequently brush their handle bars at traffic signals.
Old 19th August 2014, 05:01   #2335
BHPian

Completed 20K service. Total cost came out to be 9660. There were rattles from dash which i was unable to reproduce. I insisted on staying in service bay during oil change which the friendly SA allowed. Made sure the mechanic is draining the oil completely. They haven't done anything extra outside what is there in service checklist. I opted for turbo cleaning and rejected wheel balancing and alignment check which i will do from outside. Overall happy with the servicing.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 09:48   #2336
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Completed 20K service. Total cost came out to be 9660.

I opted for turbo cleaning
I too had got a similar bill for my 20K service. Can you post the bill data / picture if it?

Can I know what Turbo cleaning is? Hearing it for the first time. Did you mean intercooler cleaning by a by chance?

Anurag.
Old 19th August 2014, 12:23   #2337
BHPian

Guys, has anyone here calculated the difference between the fuel efficiency figures shown in the MID and the actual numbers? I own a 2012 swift petrol and the MID displayed figure is always around 3 KMPL higher than the actual for every trip (calculated by the tankful method). I usually reset the average and tripmeter to zero everytime I fill up the tank.

Has anyone else noticed deviations to this extent? Any corrective actions I can take?
Old 19th August 2014, 14:11   #2338
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyDeewar View Post
Guys, has anyone here calculated the difference between the fuel efficiency figures shown in the MID and the actual numbers? I own a 2012 swift petrol and the MID displayed figure is always around 3 KMPL higher than the actual for every trip (calculated by the tankful method). I usually reset the average and tripmeter to zero everytime I fill up the tank.

Has anyone else noticed deviations to this extent? Any corrective actions I can take?
I am experiencing a difference of 0.5-1 kmpl between the MID and Actual full tank calculation. The MID displays higher than the actual calculation.

I hope you are running on stock tyre setup?!

LXi/LDi/VXi/VDi - 165/80 R14
ZXi - 185/65 R14 (older)
ZXi/ZDi - 185/65 R15 (New)

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2014, 18:29   #2339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am experiencing a difference of 0.5-1 kmpl between the MID and Actual full tank calculation. The MID displays higher than the actual calculation.

I hope you are running on stock tyre setup?!

LXi/LDi/VXi/VDi - 165/80 R14
ZXi - 185/65 R14 (older)
ZXi/ZDi - 185/65 R15 (New)

Anurag.
Yup, the car is entirely stock. Its a ZXi, so runs on 185/65 R15s... And I maintain a tyre pressure of 31 PSI in all 4 tyres, which I check every time I refuel (Which is once every 2 weeks on average).
Old 26th August 2014, 12:36   #2340
BHPian

Guys. I need some advice. My Swift ZDI is about 2 years 8 months old and has run about 40,000 kms. The car had undergone 40,000 kms service about 3 weeks back. After the service, only I have been using the car. On cold start, the car seemed to be struggling to move forward and it used to move forward only with shuddering. Once it heated up, there seemed to be no problem. I donot know if the problem was there earlier.

This morning, the car failed to start despite repeated tries. I did not have anyone around to push start the car, so I left it as such. The remote lock sounded normal and the radio also seemed to be playing normal. I need advice as to whether I need to have the battery checked/replaced or whether I have to contact the service station to check whether it is a glow plug or some other starting problem. Advice solicited. Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks