Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2014, 23:45   #2176
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
I was referring to the 'gentle' humps and not the monster widowmaker of suspensions. The former variety of which I tackle in 2nd gear (whenever am too lazy to downshift) even in my humble K10 and immediately after, it pulls cleanly from 2nd.

This I found to be terrible in the VDI for a diesel where one is supposed to be able to potter around in 2nd in slow traffic conditions, speedbreakers or not. Of course its a different matter if one is downshifting to 1st while crawling

Except for that of course, its a proven diesel mill, no questions about that
Was it the old Vdi ? My car (ZDi) pulls cleanly from 2nd on small bumps as long as I don't come to a complete halt. The big one's are only in 1st. I rarely ever shift into 1st when pottering about town unless i'm in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
Old 1st May 2014, 09:39   #2177
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post

I was referring to the 'gentle' humps and not the monster widowmaker of suspensions.
My bad buddy, sorry to offend you but generally what I believe is once the speed drops below 15 kmph, I use the 1st gear than sticking to 2nd, be it a speed breaker or crawling traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

Was it the old Vdi ? My car (ZDi) pulls cleanly from 2nd on small bumps as long as I don't come to a complete halt. The big one's are only in 1st. I rarely ever shift into 1st when pottering about town unless i'm in bumper-to-bumper traffic.
+1
The older VDi was even more aggressive than our current VdmDi's and ZDi's. What Maruti has done is tone down that push-back effect and the turbo lag. The older generation got the turbo spooling from ~1900 RPM but the current generation seem to get it from ~1500 RPM. I am telling this from the OBD data I collect from the ECU regularly.

Anurag.
Old 2nd May 2014, 17:38   #2178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
It had done about 12k, bear in mind its a rental so not sure if it was run in correctly etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
My bad buddy, sorry to offend you but generally what I believe is once the speed drops below 15 kmph, I use the 1st gear than sticking to 2nd, be it a speed breaker or crawling traffic.

Anurag.
None taken old chap, it was a joy to drive barring this minor hiccup though
Old 3rd May 2014, 13:17   #2179
BHPian

Hello All! Since I was caught in my work, the review had to be delayed. Though the review isn't complete, I felt it is cruelty not to post a pic of my car here . Here is a pic:

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-image.jpg

This is the only picture I managed to click in 2 weeks. Hope you guys like it!

Sorry for the wait, guys! The review should be up as soon as possible!

P.S That's my Verna in the top-right corner! Jealous of the brother, huh?

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 3rd May 2014 at 13:18.
S@ndy is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:26   #2180
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@ndy View Post
Here is a pic

Sorry for the wait, guys! The review should be up as soon as possible!
The car looks smashing as usual in blue. Love this shade and white as the cars look very nice.

Congrats once again and we are waiting for the review.

A sincere advice to you: Please get rid of that sticker on the headlight. Looks odd!

Quote:
P.S That's my Verna in the top-right corner! Jealous of the brother, huh?
I guess the Verna was jealous so you are trying to harm it with a crowbar is it? Check the picture where a man is standing with the crowbar working on your Verna!

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:34   #2181
BHPian

Quote:
The car looks smashing as usual in blue. Love this shade and white as the cars look very nice.

Congrats once again and we are waiting for the review.

A sincere advice to you: Please get rid of that sticker on the headlight. Looks odd!

I guess the Verna was jealous so you are trying to harm it with a crowbar is it? Check the picture where a man is standing with the crowbar working on your Verna!

Anurag.
Lol! The Man is a sweeper who sweeps the road of our colony regularly. And yeah, I'll get rid of that sticker on the headlamp. Looks real odd! And Thanks for the kind words!

I am in love with this car. It's much sorted than the Verna which jiggles and wiggles on undulations. Though it's not as monstrous as Verna's 1.6 CRDI unit, it still feels the best out of all the 1.3 MJD cars. Best part is that the engine is really revv-happy and suitable for a long stretch of road where the Engine is spinning right into the turbo-zone. Got a lot of good things to say about this! But a detail would be given in the review!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Old 3rd May 2014, 14:37   #2182
BANNED

Quote:
Lol! The Man is a sweeper who sweeps the road of our colony regularly. And yeah, I'll get rid of that sticker on the headlamp. Looks real odd! And Thanks for the kind words!

I am in love with this car. It's much sorted than the Verna which jiggles and wiggles on undulations. Though it's not as monstrous as Verna's 1.6 CRDI unit, it still feels the best out of all the 1.3 MJD cars. Best part is that the engine is really revv-happy and suitable for a long stretch of road where the Engine is spinning right into the turbo-zone. Got a lot of good things to say about this! But a detail would be given in the review!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy
Not fair to compare the 1.6L CRDi and the 1.3 DDiS.

Where the Swift trumps the Verna is the ride and handling. The Verna is a boat whereas the Swift is razor sharp.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:07   #2183
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Though the review isn't complete, I felt it is cruelty not to post a pic of my car here . Here is a pic:

Attachment 1236698
It's a cruelty that it's just one pic! Why do I feel the stripes on the driver side has a smooth curve while the navigator side is a dead straight line?

Also, please post a pic with the mirrors open and also a top shot.

Looks nice!
swiftnfurious is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:19   #2184
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Why do I feel the stripes on the driver side has a smooth curve while the navigator side is a dead straight line?
Good observation buddy.

I missed looking so carefully at the stripes and I guess the drivers side was applied first but the passengers side was applied may be misjudged it or this differentiation was done wantedly.

I guess the stripes are influenced by your Swift. May be!

Anurag.
Old 3rd May 2014, 16:48   #2185
BHPian

Quote:
It's a cruelty that it's just one pic! Why do I feel the stripes on the driver side has a smooth curve while the navigator side is a dead straight line?

Also, please post a pic with the mirrors open and also a top shot.

Looks nice!
Quote:
Good observation buddy.

I missed looking so carefully at the stripes and I guess the drivers side was applied first but the passengers side was applied may be misjudged it or this differentiation was done wantedly.

I guess the stripes are influenced by your Swift. May be!

Anurag.
No, It may be due to the angle of photograph but the stripes on both sides are curved . @Anurag, the idea of stripes was inspired by Mini Cooper and the numerous limited-editions of Suzuki Swift in Europe like the SZ-L, Sergio Cellano edition etc. Many people liked the stripes and the contrast roof! This includes my conservative uncles and relatives etc. Thanks for the kind words, @swiftnfurious. Even your choice of Black-contrast-on-red-body looks quite appealing!

A detailed photo-shoot is on the way!

Keep revvin'
S@ndy

Last edited by S@ndy : 3rd May 2014 at 16:58.
Old 5th May 2014, 19:02   #2186
BHPian

Quote:
Why do you keep flipping between mineral & synthetic oil every 5K kms?? I am NOT sure it's a good thing to do.
Apologies if I was not clear in my post and for the late reply. The vehicle came with synthetic oil from the factory and I continued with Synthetic for the first 10k service. At 20k service I shifted to mineral and since then I have been on mineral oil every 5k kms. I just mentioned the cost that I was quoted for each service with synthetic and mineral.

BTW, they replaced the intermediate drive shaft under warranty. However, for EGR cleaning at 30k they charged me nearly 4k including labor. The new swift manual mentions EGR cleaning at every 30k interval.
Old 6th May 2014, 12:40   #2187
Senior - BHPian

Not sure if this has already been posted here, but the outside temperature in the MID is only available for Z variants. Has anyone tried to get this in the V or the L variants?Is it even possible?
Old 15th May 2014, 14:00   #2188
BHPian

Perhaps off thread, but did any one catch glimpse of the body kits of swift (volt, if I am not wrong) that were offered for sale post auto expo? Tad too expensive, did anyone give it a try?
Awaiting the facelift to be launched soon.
Old 16th May 2014, 12:04   #2189

Can any of Swift owners with OEM ICE having any issues with pen drives larger than 2GB ? Even with a 4GB per drive songs skip every few seconds. The manual suggest to use less than 4GB with Fat 32 partition. My fathers Swift is due for its first service and i am wondering if this is an issue or not.
Old 16th May 2014, 13:45   #2190
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay87kumar View Post
Perhaps off thread, but did any one catch glimpse of the body kits of swift (volt, if I am not wrong) that were offered for sale post auto expo? Tad too expensive, did anyone give it a try?
Awaiting the facelift to be launched soon.
2.15 lakhs IIRC is the cost of the body kits for the Swift and it is done for the VDi variant and not for the top-end variant (miss the safety equipment) . I liked the headlamps and tail lamps in that kit, trying to see if one can buy them separately and retro-fit them at MASS.

Here are the pictures of the headlamps and tail lamps:

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutiswiftvoltheadlampatautoexpo2014.jpg

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-marutisuzukiswiftvolt1.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolguy View Post
Can any of Swift owners with OEM ICE having any issues with pen drives larger than 2GB ? Even with a 4GB per drive songs skip every few seconds. The manual suggest to use less than 4GB with Fat 32 partition.
I keep using a SanDisk Cruzerblade 8GB pen drive for the music on the go, never experienced any skipping of songs till date.

I suggest you to format the pen drive once and see if the issue repeats. If the issue does repeat then inform the team at MASS to look into the matter.

Anurag.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks