Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2014, 20:16   #2266
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJAXN View Post
Hi Anurag,
the poor braking issue is only with Swift and Swift Dzire (LXI and VXI variant)

Below quotes are from GTO's official review:

For RITZ :
"Nothing to write about the brakes. Standard fare. Brakes are reassuring and have decent feel. ABS available (and highly recommended) as an option on the VXI / VDI."

For SWIFT:
"Mediocre brakes (LXi / LDi & VXi / VDi). Inadequate for emergency braking conditions"

For DZire
"Mediocre brakes (LXi / LDi & VXi / VDi), just like the mechanically-identical Swift"

I had Model-I swift VXI with ABS(~80K KMs), and then switched over to New Swift ZDI with ABS(~32K KMs). I gave up my Swift ZDI to VW Vento, for non-confidence inspiring breaking system in ZDI. Even after tyre upgrade to Michelin PLC (195/60), I was not satisfied on breaking. It is not that I had any scary situations, but in back of my mind the lack of breaking always forced a extremely defensive driving. So decided to give up otherwise a good car on indian road and switch to Vento.

Certainly the tyre upgrade enhanced the breaking and I would certainly recommend tyre upgrade for Swift.

Last edited by manjubp : 23rd June 2014 at 20:18.
Old 23rd June 2014, 20:26   #2267
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the new swift (facelift) is going to be launched in the month of July? I am planning to get it within few weeks.
Not within the next few weeks, that is for sure. I am expecting the New Swift to come out either by the end of this year or after Ciaz. I feel buy the car now as waiting is useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by livyodream View Post
SA informed that the axle beam needs replacement and will be done FOC as Maruti has already identified as faulty and will be replaced as per recall.

BTW, Bill came to 6k with 1250 rs as useless add-on work done without prior approval from me, Yet to escalate on it.
I am happy that MASS is doing it FOC but this is new news to me. Can you share the details of your (MFD and date of purchase) as others who are using cars manufactured from the same time can go to their dealers and enquire. If possible share the bill details too. Thanks.

A silent recall I guess or FOC replacement to customers who are complaining. Nevertheless escalate the question of why no recall was called earlier when you do escalate about the bill amount.

Hope the 'kat-kat' sound has disappeared?!

Were you not present when the job card was prepared?

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2014, 20:53   #2268
BHPian

Quote:
Just got the car from 30K service. Had told them about kat kat sound coming from/near rear suspension when on incline or slope taken in an angle (articulation). SA informed that the axle beam needs replacement and will be done FOC as Maruti has already identified as faulty and will be replaced as per recall.

Wondering if it was identified as manufacturing defect, how come no one called me for replacement and waited till I complained?

BTW, Bill came to 6k with 1250 rs as useless add-on work done without prior approval from me, Yet to escalate on it.
From my experience with maruti ,I will suggest sending an email to maruti ,it will result in prompt resolution. Directly talking to dealer is useless in most of the cases.
If emailing is not working out,please do post a comment on their facebook page.
Old 23rd June 2014, 21:27   #2269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
I am happy that MASS is doing it FOC but this is new news to me. Can you share the details of your (MFD and date of purchase) as others who are using cars manufactured from the same time can go to their dealers and enquire. If possible share the bill details too. Thanks.

A silent recall I guess or FOC replacement to customers who are complaining. Nevertheless escalate the question of why no recall was called earlier when you do escalate about the bill amount.

Hope the 'kat-kat' sound has disappeared?!

Were you not present when the job card was prepared?

Anurag.
My car is December 2011 registered. SA went on to say that there are few specific chassis numbers which needed this replacement as identified by maruti.

When I said that my cousin's LXi registered somewhere in may-june 2013 has the same problem (similar sound) he went blank and just made an excuse that we need to check. I informed my cousin to get it checked anyways.
All in all if there is an kind of abnormal sound coming from rear suspension, better get it checked.

As per him this wasn't a silent recall as he said maruti has contacted the customers for the replacement. I wasn't contacted though.
As i did not have time, i fixed an appointment later this week which will take around 2 hours for replacement.

Regarding the job card, it wasn't mentioned in the job-card that they will be cleaning the AC, lubricating the door and window, painting the battery terminals and what not. The initial bill was 7600. When i raised an alarm, they removed few of them then made a final bill of 6100. The actual 30k service is just around 4700Rs.
Old 23rd June 2014, 21:34   #2270
BANNED

Quote:

As per him this wasn't a silent recall as he said maruti has contacted the customers for the replacement. I wasn't contacted though.

When i raised an alarm, they removed few of them then made a final bill of 6100. The actual 30k service is just around 4700Rs.
Thank you for the information. Will try and talk to my SA on this silent issue.

Please do shoot a mail to the ATM (Any-Time Maruti), their customer care wrong who will get the issue solved quick.

Anurag.
Old 25th June 2014, 12:30   #2271
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilntny View Post

To be frank,I was a bit disappointed with my car.I had persistent issues with front right side brake.Brake Pads kept worn out every 7000 km on the same side.There was excessive dusting too .After persistent pushing,finally Maruti replaced the whole braking unit on that side including calipers.

I had my new swift's gearbox synchronization units changed twice under warranty in last 1 year.

So I was forced to sell it off, few weeks back and bought a Renault Duster.

Swift is an absolute fun car to drive,but you need to be lucky to get a trouble free car.This is just out of my personal experience.So just keep a watchful eye.

There must be lakhs of happy Swift owners.
Anil..i am thinking of going for a swift ZDI ..I am worried about the break issues i keep reading about..should i opt for a vento/ polo instead ?
Old 25th June 2014, 15:13   #2272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
I had Model-I swift VXI with ABS(~80K KMs), and then switched over to New Swift ZDI with ABS(~32K KMs). I gave up my Swift ZDI to VW Vento, for non-confidence inspiring breaking system in ZDI.
Certainly the tyre upgrade enhanced the breaking and I would certainly recommend tyre upgrade for Swift.
What problem did you face with ZDI braking? I thought the issue is with LX and VX versions only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo car View Post
Anil..i am thinking of going for a swift ZDI ..I am worried about the break issues i keep reading about..should i opt for a vento/ polo instead ?
ZXI/ZDI has ABS and has better tyres, there should not be an issue.
INJAXN is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2014, 15:46   #2273
BHPian

Quote:
I support your decision. But still swift is an absolute fun car to drive,peppy engine and great handling!

But compared my old swift ,newer swift was lacking in quality in most of the departments.Atleast thats what I feel like.I had to change jammed wheel lug nuts thrice .That too was done in some crude way.Once during the process my alloy wheel's painting was affected,which the dealer repainted for free.

I was shocked to find rust on every door under rubber beading near windows.Please see photo below.This I noticed while cleaning my car just before I sold it off.So it was another reason for me to be happy that I sold my car.

About polo/vento ,I can assure you the quality of vehicle ,since we took delivery of polo TDi highline for my father recently. But please do wait for 2 to 3 weeks an update with a better 4 cylinder engine is likely to be launched in July.
If you ask dealer they may not confirm the same as they will be wishing to clear their stock.

Also look into new etios/liva ,very good mechanicals.The initial issues of low ground clearance and engine vibrations are all rectified in 2013 model onwards.Now the engine comes with hydraulic engine mounts ,same is the case of Polo.Except for the looks ,its will be a nice option too.Please do test drive etios before making a decision.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-20140513-19.35.42.jpg  

Old 26th June 2014, 20:16   #2274
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you for the information. Will try and talk to my SA on this silent issue.

Please do shoot a mail to the ATM (Any-Time Maruti), their customer care wrong who will get the issue solved quick.

Anurag.
Complained. Hell broke loose in RNS. Driver came home, took the vehicle, changed the axle beam, Gave a complete wash, gave a 3M exterior polish, a Mysheldon. All complimentary. Overall, a satisfactory service.

Regarding the axle beam replacement, SA said its for the batch before certain chassis number. Please refer below chassis number :

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-20140626-17.44.57.jpg

Servicing a maruti is anyday cheaper. 30k service actually costs 4000 Rs
livyodream is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2014, 21:05   #2275
BANNED

Quote:
Complained. Hell broke loose in RNS. Driver came home, took the vehicle, changed the axle beam, Gave a complete wash, gave a 3M exterior polish, a Mysheldon. All complimentary. Overall, a satisfactory service.

Regarding the axle beam replacement, SA said its for the batch before certain chassis number. Please refer below chassis number :

Thanks for the picture and the details on the issue. Is there any reason why Maruti is being silent when the part that is being replaced is a critical one?!

Good that the servicing and replacement was quick and good.

Anurag.
Old 29th June 2014, 03:11   #2276
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1254568

Guys my chassis number is MA3FHEB1S00168730 and that sheet image says the Swift cut off vin no. is MA3FHEB1S00535909 so do I fall within it it's ambit or outside it?
Car by the way is also Dec 2011
Old 29th June 2014, 08:09   #2277
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post

Guys my chassis number is MA3FHEB1S00168730 and that sheet image says the Swift cut off vin no. is MA3FHEB1S00535909 so do I fall within it it's ambit or outside it?
Car by the way is also Dec 2011
You do fall in the list of cars that need attention. Go to MASS and ask for this issue. If they say nothing show this picture and talk to the service head there.

Anurag.
Old 29th June 2014, 08:44   #2278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
Can anyone confirm if the new swift (facelift) is going to be launched in the month of July? I am planning to get it within few weeks.
Giri.
Even i am thinking of going for a swift ZDI. Is there any new face lift coming soon ? I didnt read about that in any online forums though. Have you come across such a reporting ?
reg
Turbo car

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th June 2014 at 09:57. Reason: Please use proper punctuation/capital letters & avoid typing.. like... this..
Old 29th June 2014, 08:52   #2279
BANNED

Quote:

Giri..
even i am thinking of going for a swift ZDI ..is there any new face lift coming soon ? I didnt read about that in any online forums though..have you come across such a reporting?
No news of launch anytime soon. Maruti is concentrating on the Ciaz and S-Cross. Go and get yourself the ZDi.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2014, 10:16   #2280
BHPian

Quote:
No news of launch anytime soon. Maruti is concentrating on the Ciaz and S-Cross. Go and get yourself the ZDi.

Anurag.
Anurag
thanks
then y are they offering hefty discounts ( by maruthi standards) for swift..and the car is readily available too..
the pics of the new face lifted ones look cuter..please let me know of any updates in this reg
turbo car

MOD NOTE:

Dear BHPian,

There are several grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers. Also, please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 29th June 2014 at 10:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks