Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2014, 11:41   #2386
BHPian

Just had a clutch failure on my Swift VDi /2008/59K on Blr-Tirupati Highway.
Maruti on road assistance were quick and reached the spot within 30 minutes after logging my complaint.
Awesome support! Thank you Maruti Suzuki!
Old 27th October 2014, 10:26   #2387
BHPian

re: Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
Just had a clutch failure on my Swift VDi /2008/59K on Blr-Tirupati Highway.
Maruti on road assistance were quick and reached the spot within 30 minutes after logging my complaint.
Awesome support! Thank you Maruti Suzuki!
I have always wondered what I would do when this happens to me. Is this the number to call the one Maruti puts as a sticker on your windshield? And how much do they charge for this service?
Old 27th October 2014, 13:38   #2388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
I have always wondered what I would do when this happens to me. Is this the number to call the one Maruti puts as a sticker on your windshield? And how much do they charge for this service?
I called Maruti On road assistance on 1800 102 1800.
Their response was lighting quick.

However, I'm still shocked and surprised that most of the Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) stores and service centers do not have 'release bearings' in stock. It's been 4 days and my car is stranded with required spares not available.
The guy at MGP store suggested me to raise a complaint. He mentioned that since 1.5 months, some spares are not made available by Maruti.
Old 27th October 2014, 23:40   #2389
Senior - BHPian

Guys need your help with rather strange behaviour on my Zdi.

I shifted over to shell diesel for the last 2 tanks and approx 1300 kms or so. I was unhappy with the noticeable drop in performance on Shell diesel, so I went back to PSU diesel post 2 full tanks. After close to 100kms on PSU diesel, the performance still remains lethargic. It certainly wasn't the case before.

Will the ECU need more time to adjust or should I be getting this checked ? Swift has now become like my old Polo
Old 28th October 2014, 00:21   #2390
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Guys need your help with rather strange behaviour on my Zdi.

I shifted over to shell diesel for the last 2 tanks and approx 1300 kms or so. I was unhappy with the noticeable drop in performance on Shell diesel, so I went back to PSU diesel post 2 full tanks. After close to 100kms on PSU diesel, the performance still remains lethargic. It certainly wasn't the case before.

Will the ECU need more time to adjust or should I be getting this checked ? Swift has now become like my old Polo
Remove the negative terminal of the battery for 15 minutes, fix it back. Go for a drive and give it a good fast run. I ll be fine.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 08:36   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
After close to 100kms on PSU diesel, the performance still remains lethargic. It certainly wasn't the case before.
Hope the air filter is clean. Do check that. Air Filter gets clogged up pretty fast during intermittent rains as the water will bring a lot of muck on the roads and they become loose dust after the water dries up.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2014, 17:25   #2392
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has refreshed the Swift with "a rich equipment list like push start button, a 60:40 split rear seat, electric retractable outside mirrors, reverse parking sensor and others".

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/44959045.cms
Old 29th October 2014, 15:05   #2393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Remove the negative terminal of the battery for 15 minutes, fix it back. Go for a drive and give it a good fast run. I ll be fine.
Will try this and see if helps

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Hope the air filter is clean. Do check that. Air Filter gets clogged up pretty fast during intermittent rains as the water will bring a lot of muck on the roads and they become loose dust after the water dries up.
Yeah I thought of this too, but then ruled it out since the drop in power was immediate after filling up shell diesel. I think if the air filter was clogged up it would have been more gradual.
Old 30th October 2014, 13:27   #2394
BHPian

Guys I can see a green colored sticky substance on the negative terminal of battery in my bro's Swift vxi. Car is just 2 months old.
What can it be? Is this normal?
Old 3rd November 2014, 11:01   #2395
BHPian

I came across this news article and thought it might be worth sharing it:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/now-maruti...-lateststories
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:05   #2396
BHPian

Is the SWIFT windshield is not as good as competition

I always felt that light of vehicle coming from opposite directions scatters more on Swift as compared to my dad's old gen i-10, and my doubt was confirmed when I was back home this diwali and drove i-10 in night.

On Dad's 4 year old i-10, light did not scattered as much as it scatters on my 9 months old swift. Certainly Maruti has used low grade material.

Any pointers to reduce the amount of scattered light? Sometimes I really go blind as most of the vehicles are on high beams
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:27   #2397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balajisv View Post
I called Maruti On road assistance on 1800 102 1800.
Their response was lighting quick.

However, I'm still shocked and surprised that most of the Maruti Genuine Parts (MGP) stores and service centers do not have 'release bearings' in stock. It's been 4 days and my car is stranded with required spares not available.
The guy at MGP store suggested me to raise a complaint. He mentioned that since 1.5 months, some spares are not made available by Maruti.
The wait is getting longer! It's been10 days now and my car is in the garage.
Maruti has still not supplied the 'release bearing' for the diesel version and not available across MGP stores nor authorized service centers.
Is anyone else outside of Bangalore also facing this delay due to non-availability?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:40   #2398
Distinguished - BHPian

Global NCAP score of 0 for Swift & GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe1980 View Post
I came across this news article and thought it might be worth sharing it:

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/now-maruti...-lateststories
Yeah, its out on Times too now.

Go and Swift Global NCAP failure

This is dis-heartening but not a huge surprise. The GO anyway is an economy car & our country has used millions of cars like this one since the 80's without any safety features. The Swift has optional safety features and hopefully will fare well with those versions instead of the base model without any safety. Yet, worth a thought especially when every other leaflet, pamphlet about Maruti's cars screams about safety added due to its ingenious crumple zones. Perhaps their "Reduce 1 gram per component" drive went too far and made the monocoque too delicate.

What are the Global NCAP figures for the Euro spec Swift? Are they different than the Euro NCAP tests for same car?

Also, these results sometimes feel a bit deceptive as well. We all know countless people who've walked away miraculously uninjured in sever crashes with the Swift. So obviously there are plenty factors that these tests can never simulate...
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:44   #2399
e46
BHPian

Maruti Swift LXI (Made in India) has failed to get any star in NCAP tests! The ZXI with ABS and airbags scored 3 stars.

This is in stark contrast to the European model, which recieved 5 stars. Although, Suzuki's cash register is mostly filled by Indian market, it is depressing to see this.

Details over here.
Old 3rd November 2014, 18:53   #2400
BHPian

Guess its time to do away with this piece in the opening post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
This car has received a 5 star rating in the NCAP (Link). Sure, the European Swift gets more safety kit & airbags, yet the 5 star rating says a lot about the crash worthiness of the monocoque.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...tests-too.html
Arkin evoisrevo is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks