Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 17:27   #676
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Why stop with only 15, get the 16 inchers, it will fill the wheel wheels much better Seriously, why even bother to change the spare? Just let it be of the stock spec, is the spare also an alloy in the swift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One question to all those who have put 195/65 R15 - Can the spare tyre also be fitted with the same? Does it fit in the wheel well provided in the boot, without issues?
No two opinions on BS Turanza ER 60, they are very good tyres. However, I didnt understand the part highlighted below. Can you please explain how this is different from the others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari_Beast View Post
Hi

I would recommend you to go for bridgestone turanza ER60 . These tyres are grippy , less noice and are reliable as they have double side reinforcement .
Old 6th January 2012, 21:00   #677
BHPian

Is it only me or there are more new swifts on the road than earlier. With production increasing in last two months the delivery rate seems to up.

What is the latest waiting period for Vdi and zdi? Does anyone know about the number of outstanding deliveries?
Old 6th January 2012, 23:40   #678
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Why stop with only 15, get the 16 inchers, it will fill the wheel wheels much better Seriously, why even bother to change the spare? Just let it be of the stock spec, is the spare also an alloy in the swift?
Yes you get 5 alloys in the ZDI, including the spare wheel too. When your using the spare tyre it wont look odd thanks to the alloy
Old 8th January 2012, 13:35   #679
BHPian

Got my arctic white ZDi delivered yesterday. This being my second Swift, I settled into the new car very easily. Felt good for the first time visiting a fuel station knowing that I don't have to shell out Rs.70/liter.

Changed the stock MRF tires to Yokohama ES-100 195/60/R15. Since I barely used the MRFs for 5 km, cannot comment on improvement per se. Sure, the Yokos look sporty and I am inclined to believe they are grippy and handle better than the MRFs. Time will tell. Right now, just enjoying the diesel economy and torque surge every time I cross 2K rpm.

I am still not sure about the ideal tyre pressure for this tyre spec. Right now, its 30psi on all 4 which does not seem correct. I intend to try 31F 29R as Safari Beast had recommended earlier.

While taking delivery, I noticed that the center console A/C right side vent slider was missing (visible in the last image). Have reported this to the dealer and should get a replacement in the next week. This was the only dampener in the overall delivery experience.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc02583.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc02595.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-dsc02610.jpg  

Last edited by fuel_addict : 8th January 2012 at 13:46.
Old 8th January 2012, 14:25   #680
BHPian

Congratulations brother. What was the waiting period? Looks great as always. Also, what rates did you get for the stock tyres?
Old 8th January 2012, 15:49   #681
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on the car fuel_addict! Were you allowed a PDI? Did u not notice the missing slider then?

Wish you many safe kms in your new car. Was the waiting period around 6 months?

EDIT : Please post an ownership review as soon as u clock in a few kms.

Last edited by shashank.nk : 8th January 2012 at 15:57.
Old 8th January 2012, 23:12   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome
Congratulations brother. What was the waiting period? Looks great as always. Also, what rates did you get for the stock tyres?
Thanks a lot. Wait period was 5-1/2 months. I got 3K for the stock tyres. Had to pay a differential of Rs.1650 per tyre under exchange. Around Rs 600 extra for the weights for wheel balancing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
Congrats on the car fuel_addict! Were you allowed a PDI? Did u not notice the missing slider then?

Wish you many safe kms in your new car. Was the waiting period around 6 months?

EDIT : Please post an ownership review as soon as u clock in a few kms.
PDI was an option but not possible for me as the car was in a yard quite far from my place. Due to my schedule and frequent travels, it wasn't possible to do a PDI. This is my second car from the same dealer and I just took a chance by skipping the PDI. I have violated the basic TBHP guidelines I know!

Ownership report will follow soon. Just crossed the 100 km barrier today.
Old 9th January 2012, 01:44   #683
BHPian

Hi

Double reinforcement in side walls of bridgestone turanza ER60 , as it prevent tyres from side bulge . This make it more reliable for indian conditions , as we drive more on pot holes then a good and smooth road .

Quote:

No two opinions on BS Turanza ER 60, they are very good tyres. However, I didnt understand the part highlighted below. Can you please explain how this is different from the others?
Old 9th January 2012, 09:06   #684
BHPian

Test drove my friend's new Swift ZDI white - very short drive over some bad roads. A few observations
1) Vehicle came with Good years and they are a bit noisy. Don't know how they compare with MRFs
2) Stock music system is pretty good for a OE with very decent base. Would rate the one on Figo marginally better. Bluetooth is missing
3) Boot release is going to be a big pain. In spite of reading GTO's review, myself and my friend struggled to find the 1 inch boot release button on the rear door. Imagine the plight with office security/hotels/shopping mall.
4) Turbo kick is gone and with the gearing, it is more of a petrol mill
5) Suspension- much improved than the old swift but would rate Punto and Linea better especially when it handles pot holes and superior ride quality
6) Rear leg room is improved but the old swift had better under thigh support which has been compromised.
7) Butter smooth gear shifts and clutch.
8) A/C is as good as the old swift.
9) NVH are extremely low. My friend who owns a petrol Vento does not feel that it is a diesel under the bonnet when sitting inside means something. Much better than my Manza.

Am booking a ZDI today.
Old 9th January 2012, 09:21   #685
BHPian

Looks like New Swift is a big improvement over the old one interms of NVH and refinement. DDiS always was a refined unit and any further improvement is a welcome change.
So can we now consider new Swift as the most refined diesel car in its class ? Or i20 CRDi is still better ?
Old 9th January 2012, 11:55   #686
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Spare is also an alloys. Hence it would be a lot more convenient if the spare is of the same size as the rest! Can be rotated regularly along with the others as well.

Will 195/60 R15 fit in the boot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
3) Boot release is going to be a big pain. In spite of reading GTO's review, myself and my friend struggled to find the 1 inch boot release button on the rear door. Imagine the plight with office security/hotels/shopping mall.
I wonder why Maruti designed this stupid system for ZDi! I mean, are there any advantages for this system? My office has security checking, and they open and check the boot. I guess it will be a royal pain for me!

Whats the arrangement in VDi/ LDi? Do they have internal boot release lever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Looks like New Swift is a big improvement over the old one interms of NVH and refinement. DDiS always was a refined unit and any further improvement is a welcome change.
So can we now consider new Swift as the most refined diesel car in its class ? Or i20 CRDi is still better ?
From my TD experience - idle felt very refined in both cars. However - higher in the rev range - i20 CRDi felt better refined (Swift was a new car though!).
Old 9th January 2012, 12:27   #687
BHPian

Quote:

Will 195/60 R15 fit in the boot?

I wonder why Maruti designed this stupid system for ZDi! I mean, are there any advantages for this system? My office has security checking, and they open and check the boot. I guess it will be a royal pain for me!

Whats the arrangement in VDi/ LDi? Do they have internal boot release lever?
195/60/R15 will fit in the boot easily. The wheel locking arrangement provided by MUL may not work. Doesn't matter as the wheel fits snugly in the tyre well.

The boot release mechanism was there in the old ZXi too. It is a matter of getting used to it. L and V variants will have the boot release lever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
1) Vehicle came with Good years and they are a bit noisy. Don't know how they compare with MRFs
I'm sure they are better than the stock MRFs.

The position of the button is bad. Even I struggled to find it despite previously owning the ZXi which had the same arrangement.

4) Turbo kick is gone and with the gearing, it is more of a petrol mill
I disagree. The kick may not be as prominent as the old BS3 DDiS but its there for sure. You can feel the surge around 2K rpm.

7) Butter smooth gear shifts and clutch.
Yes, gear shifts are much improved. Not that they were bad in the old Swift, this is much better.

9) NVH are extremely low. My friend who owns a petrol Vento does not feel that it is a diesel under the bonnet when sitting inside means something. Much better than my Manza.

Am booking a ZDI today.
Agreed. NVH levels are really low for a diesel car. What wait period were you quoted?
Old 9th January 2012, 12:46   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
195/60/R15 will fit in the boot easily. The wheel locking arrangement provided by MUL may not work. Doesn't matter as the wheel fits snugly in the tyre well.
That is exactly how it is. I upgraded my VXi to 195/60 R15 Yokohamas with 15 inch alloys on Saturday. The spare wheel fits snugly into the wheel well, however, the locking mechanism is no longer operative. Also with after market alloys, the normal spanner does not operate (this would depend on the design on the alloys I suppose) for unscrewing the wheels. Therefore I also had to get separate bolts and a spanner head for those bolts. Looks much better than the normal bolts given by Maruti anyways.

By the way, congrats on the ZDI!
Old 9th January 2012, 13:48   #689
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post

The boot release mechanism was there in the old ZXi too. It is a matter of getting used to it. L and V variants will have the boot release lever.
But I fall to understand why Maruti has given such an arrangement in the top end version, when the lower end versions have a simpler and better system.

Since you have used zxi before, did you feel any advantage at all for this system compared to internal release lever in vxi version?
Old 9th January 2012, 13:58   #690
BHPian

Quote:
But I fall to understand why Maruti has given such an arrangement in the top end version, when the lower end versions have a simpler and better system.

Since you have used zxi before, did you feel any advantage at all for this system compared to internal release lever in vxi version?
There is no distinct advantage per se. Its more of a convenience thing. Your boot is unlocked when you unlock your doors. That's about it. You don't have to bend and grope for the lever. Often, we end up activating the fuel cap release lever instead of the boot release lever.

My ZXi boot sensor had infact malfunctioned after 5 years. Had to replace it. Took a week for the part to arrive from Gurgaon. Like others have said, you should wait for a while before attempting to close the boot a second time. I was not aware of this earlier.

The lever arrangement is cable operated and can also malfunction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks