Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 13:31   #796

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

I paid nothing for the first free service of my Swift ZXi . The manual doesnt warrant a oil change for the petrol version till the third free service. What do you guys recommend ?
Old 21st January 2012, 15:37   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer_X View Post
I roughly paid 850 odd for my first free servicing for my ZDI.
850 is a surprisingly low amount. Racer X can you please post the breakup of that amount for the benefit of others.

Though the difference must be because of using Synthetic Vs Mineral Oil, but IMO, MSIL should have a standardized policy across its entire network of dealers. Even in the past, we have seen hugely varying service charges. Though the difference in taxes & a minor difference in labour charges is acceptable.

Last edited by ScorpMan : 21st January 2012 at 15:46.
Old 21st January 2012, 18:56   #798
BHPian

Hi guys, went to the stockyard to do the PDI. Was surprized to see a few swifts had MRF ZVTK while mine and a couple more were goodyear. Does anyone else get goodyears? Which of the two is better?

My car is a Jan 12 make as per the VIN.
Old 21st January 2012, 19:59   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
Hi guys, went to the stockyard to do the PDI. Was surprized to see a few swifts had MRF ZVTK while mine and a couple more were goodyear. Does anyone else get goodyears? Which of the two is better?

Hey Mate, even I am unlucky in getting Goodyear's instead of MRF's. Mine is also Jan.12 make, with 0212 on the tires, which implies to 2nd week of Jan if I am not wrong. I have planned an upgrade to 195/60 15 BS Turanza ER-60, and Goodyear is considered to be an equally crappy tire as a JK. Hardly getting 2.8k's per tire. Whereas was quoted 3.5k for MRF's.
Old 21st January 2012, 20:25   #800
BHPian

Hey guys, I had booked Glistering Grey ZDI variant in 3rd week of September 2011 thru Sky Autoobiles. Waiting period quoted then was 6 months. Got a call from dealer today that the car has been dispached and will be getting delivery in a weeks time. SE advised me to keep cash/ finance etc ready by then as there is huge pressure from the dealership owners for quick payment. OTR price in Raipur(Chhattisgarh) is 7,66,324 excluding extended warranty. Ex showroom price post the hike is 6,96,xxx in Raipur.
Old 21st January 2012, 20:31   #801
BHPian

Quote:

My friend got Goodyear in his ZDI and I saw a couple of VDIs with JKs in the showroom. Was trying to get stock size Turanza ER60 for my friend but only 195/60 was available. My friend was not very keen on upsizing and hence dropped the idea.

I am hoping to get the better of the lot (JK, MRF and Good year) on the ZDI that I have booked.
Old 22nd January 2012, 14:52   #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
My friend got Goodyear in his ZDI and I saw a couple of VDIs with JKs in the showroom. Was trying to get stock size Turanza ER60 for my friend but only 195/60 was available. My friend was not very keen on upsizing and hence dropped the idea.

I am hoping to get the better of the lot (JK, MRF and Good year) on the ZDI that I have booked.
My Zdi is a Dec 2011 make and came with stock Goodyear Duraplus tyres. I find them Ok other than the noise. I havent used the car on the highway yet to comment on the grip .
Old 23rd January 2012, 16:06   #803
Senior - BHPian

Had been to the dealer on Saturday and he said my ZDI will come only by April.

The current price is 8,16,003 and the dealer said by the time my car is made available expect atleast a 1% hike on the ex-showroom price.

I think he meant the regular hikes in the budget, hopefully no other hike by Maruti again.
Old 24th January 2012, 00:34   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Had been to the dealer on Saturday and he said my ZDI will come only by April.

The current price is 8,16,003 and the dealer said by the time my car is made available expect atleast a 1% hike on the ex-showroom price.

I think he meant the regular hikes in the budget, hopefully no other hike by Maruti again.
Number keeps increasing, zdi is in i20 territory now in terms of price. what about the v/l di's?
Old 25th January 2012, 10:34   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMAG View Post
Generally a better idea if change to synthetic is around the 10K kms mark. An engine ideally needs to bed in properly during the running-in stage, post which moving over to synthetic is nicely complimentary.
I agree with that thought for petrol engines. Now, does that apply to diesel engines too? Or can the switch to synthetic be done earlier, lets say at 5K km.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mihirdesai View Post
I paid nothing for the first free service of my Swift ZXi . The manual doesnt warrant a oil change for the petrol version till the third free service. What do you guys recommend ?
Third service means 10K or 20K km for the petrol? I do not understand why Maruti (and many others) do not insist on an oil change at the first service. A newer engine will always wear out more in the initial period. It is always a good idea to change the oil at 5K km if not earlier in a petrol car. 10K IMO is way too optimistic considering the driving conditions in India.

Quote:

Congrats. You are lucky to get a 2012 manufactured car so early in the year. GoodYear should be equally good or bad as MRF. If you plan to upgrade your tyres, there are always better options in the market. I changed the tyres to Yokohama on my ZDi.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 25th January 2012 at 10:38.
Old 29th January 2012, 22:34   #806
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Hey guys, I had booked Glistering Grey ZDI variant in 3rd week of September 2011 thru Sky Autoobiles. Waiting period quoted then was 6 months. Got a call from dealer today that the car has been dispached and will be getting delivery in a weeks time. SE advised me to keep cash/ finance etc ready by then as there is huge pressure from the dealership owners for quick payment. OTR price in Raipur(Chhattisgarh) is 7,66,324 excluding extended warranty. Ex showroom price post the hike is 6,96,xxx in Raipur.
Hey, thats quick!

I have also booked my ZDi on September (2nd week) and I think it will arrive only in April. I think colour selection makes a big difference in waiting period!

One week is already over? Did you take delivery of the car yet? What was the OTR listed while booking the car?
Old 29th January 2012, 22:50   #807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
One week is already over? Did you take delivery of the car yet? What was the OTR listed while booking the car?
Car has already reached showroom on 27th Jan 2012. I was about to take the delivery this long weekend, but since I work in New Delhi, could not take leave owing to some official commitments. Believe me this 1 week waiting seems to be longer than my actual 4 months wating period. I have made a 50 % payment and PDI done through my friends and family there in Raipur. Shall be taking delivery on 2nd Feb.
Price quoted back in September 2011 was ~7.36 L.
Old 30th January 2012, 13:32   #808
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Believe me this 1 week waiting seems to be longer than my actual 4 months wating period.
That should hurt.

Congrats! Its well worth the wait!

I went to the dealership today to inquire about my booking status. Looks like I am in number 16 on their list (For ZDi - any colour). Exactly one month back - I was informed I am on number 32.

Quite happy with they way they responded and explained the system, and I guess I can get a delivery before mid- March (which is my deadline).
Old 30th January 2012, 14:47   #809
BHPian

What is the waiting period for the Zdi in Mumbai. I called up a couple of dealers and was told it will take upto 6 months. i have made a booking, but if some dealer offers a shorter time, i would be willing to change and book with them.

I am probably comparing apple to oranges, but my final 2 shortlist cars are Jazz x and swift zdi. Not sure which one to go for. Monthly running currently is about 1000 kms a month.

1. It will primarily be used by only 2 people, but parents will visit occasionally. I like the airy, spacious cabin of the jazz.

2. Diesel obviously is cheaper to run, and the 50k additional i will pay for zdi over the jazz can be recovered in about a year.

Currently devouring all the ownership threads on these two cars, but its only adding to the confusion. Will let my better half deal with this one
Old 30th January 2012, 15:29   #810
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
I am probably comparing apple to oranges, but my final 2 shortlist cars are Jazz x and swift zdi. Not sure which one to go for. Monthly running currently is about 1000 kms a month.
Has Honda resumed bookings for Jazz?

Last checked, Honda dealers (Chennai) were not taking any bookings for Jazz because of all the Thailand problems. Infact, my friend got his booking refunded as instructed to the dealer by Honda themselves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks