Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2011, 02:00   #586
Team-BHP Support

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Yeah, you can tell the dealer in advance. He will of course try to convince you to buy Maruti insurance. I explained to him the 0% dep. clauses, that i will be paying more than for Maruti insurance - he then understood and gave up

You need to do this and compute the final payment / loan amount. I was paying by draft, so sat with him to compute the draft amount, after deducting insurance premium, advance amount etc.

Maruti has a tie-up with Royal Sundaram - atleast that's what it was till last year, my Alto was always with Maruti insurance and that was a Sundaram policy. They too have 0% dep, but did not have 'return to invoice' in bangalore (they have it only in some cities), so i went for tata-aig. But yeah, they may be preferable as Sundaram claims to be cashless in ALL Maruti A.S.S.

So anyway, end result was, i now have my cover note, but need to get the car registration number added - since the cover note only has Chassis/Engine numbers (guess all new car policies must be like that, since insurance is needed for regn). Just got the policy docs today, will read them and figure out how to proceed. Still have to read the car's manual too ...
OT: Would be great if you could explain the benefits on 0 depreciation, and 'return to invoice' policies? No idea what 'return to invoice' means!

Do TATA AIG accept work done at all dealerships? Or do they insist on specific dealerships?
Old 16th December 2011, 10:00   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
OT: Would be great if you could explain the benefits on 0 depreciation, and 'return to invoice' policies? No idea what 'return to invoice' means!
Sure sir, my pleasure:

The main advantage of 0% depreciation is full cover for parts (like Plastics, Airbags), which are normally at 50% depreciation in the usual comprehensive policies. So in case of a claim, we need to spend very less (maybe just the mandatory deductible of Rs 500/-), from our pocket.

The 'return to invoice' is an added benefit, where in case of a Total loss (theft, or damage beyond repair), we get back other costs like road tax. Again, in the normal comprehensive policies, only the IDV is returned. So net effect is, in this kind of unfortunate event, we would loose much less - (i believe only costs like insurance premium + ext. warranty + handling charges etc).

Then there are some other clauses, like key replacement, emergency transport & hotel expenses, loss of personal belongings (which i feel is fairly useless as it doesnt cover electronics like laptops etc), Daily Allowance, NCB Protection.

The 'diamond' package, as per my understanding (it's not mentioned on tata-aig's website) = Gold + Depreciation Reimbursement + Return to invoice. Where, Gold = Key replacement + Emergency Transport & Hotel expenses + Loss of Personal Belongings.

Tata-AIG policy page:
Car Insurance Quotes, Car Insurance Policy – Tata AIG Insurance

Team-bhp threads on 0% dep and tata-aig's 0% dep insurance:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...rked-me-2.html
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...insurance.html

Quote:
Do TATA AIG accept work done at all dealerships? Or do they insist on specific dealerships?
No, they don't. They have a list of Maruti workshops at which they accept work and give cashless. Agent explained that all dealerships anyway dont do bodywork (which is true), and website lists the branches which have the bodyshop. He also said that tata-aig will pay upto Rs 1500/- to get vehicle towed to a workshop that is in their list. For others, it seems they will only clear 90% of the amount, even for zero-dep. policies. I was told all of this on phone by agent, need to read the policy docs to confirm these.

This was my main concern too, but i still went ahead due to the 'return to invoice' feature. Royal Sundaram also has it, but they offer only in some places. But bangalore is not in the list, maybe due to the high road taxes here
akj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 12:17   #588

Got my Swift ZDI on Aug 30 (Blazing Red). Noticed the front panel of factory fitted music system getting heated up (35-45 Degree Centigrade) after 15-20 min of usage even with the AC on.

Informed the same to my Maruti dealer on the second day of my car delivery. Been following with them since then, didn't get any positive response except the same answer "Have informed to Maruti Suzuki, will get back to you once they respond".

I contacted Maruti Customer Care helpline and logged a complaint regarding this heating issue. After severe followup with my dealer, I happen to get the contact details of Maruti Regional technician (By Name Jose) in Bangalore.

Last evening Jose informed me that, this heating issue exists in all the Z variants of new Swift and I am the first person who actually complained about the same. He said he has escalated this to Maruti Factory and awaiting their response.
Old 16th December 2011, 19:47   #589
BHPian

I had booked a Glistering Grey color ZDI Variant in Septeber 2011. Got a call from dealer that he can deliver a White VDI in next 10 days for which I declied . He also mentioned that VDI is the most sought out variant and is also the most produced variant.
Further he informed that the production would be stopped for next couple of days. Can anybody let me know the reason for stopping the production.
Old 17th December 2011, 12:38   #590

Hello Friends,

This is my first post on Team-BHP. I got my new Swift Zxi Peal Metallic White yesterday . I had booked the car on 15th October so it was a 2 month wait. I really didn't mind the December delivery as my old car Tata Indigo was giving constant niggles and am planning to keep this for a long period of time.

The car is very rev happy happy and quite FTD. The acceleration is quite linear as compared to my friend's petrol Ritz. I chose petrol because my running would be in the range of 300 kms/month. I have driven the car for around 30 kms in average mumbai traffic with 100 % AC and the display is showing average fuel efficiency of 14.2 kmpl.
Old 17th December 2011, 15:14   #591
BHPian

The reason for shutdown could be plant maintenance.
Old 17th December 2011, 15:51   #592
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj123 View Post
Sure sir, my pleasure
Thanks a lot for the detailed description akj123!

Will speak to my dealer and try to get Maruti's own 0% depreciation scheme. I'd prefer convenience of having most dealerships covered, than 'return to invoice' feature. Hopefully - dealer is aware of 0% depreciation schemes and doesn't make me run around!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolphin_v78 View Post
Last evening Jose informed me that, this heating issue exists in all the Z variants of new Swift and I am the first person who actually complained about the same. He said he has escalated this to Maruti Factory and awaiting their response.
Thats new!

Razer X / ankurvirmani19 / beejay - Can you guys please check and tell if the issue exists in your cars?
Quote:
Originally Posted by beast_within View Post
Can anybody let me know the reason for stopping the productionplease
Maruti's annual scheduled plant maintainence happens in January.

But better don't settle for the VDi if you have decided to get the ZDi.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th December 2011 at 15:52.
Old 17th December 2011, 18:23   #593
BHPian

My week old VDi's battery discharged completely today. Cause - Alternator (dynamo) not working. Fault - Loose wiring connection somewhere near it.

All this diagnosed by the Exide Road Assistance guys. Going to the Service Center tomorrow to get it fixed. Hope no other issue arises.

The only thing I got installed was the ICE, and the trouble started two days after it.
Old 17th December 2011, 19:26   #594
Senior - BHPian

In addition, the 0% depreciation scheme also covers standard accessories such as alloys. In the event of any unfortunate instance of the alloy getting damaged, having this insurance covers you for the damage. Though the alloys of maruti wouldnt be as expensive as some german manufacturers, its nice to have if you frequently travel on highways/no roads.

If I remember correctly, this 0% scheme will be applicable only for the first 3 years of your ownership, please check how much you need to pay over and above the standard quote and take a call accordingly.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your ownership report.

Quote:

Will speak to my dealer and try to get Maruti's own 0% depreciation scheme. I'd prefer convenience of having most dealerships covered, than 'return to invoice' feature. Hopefully - dealer is aware of 0% depreciation schemes and doesn't make me run around!
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 16:31   #595

Guys after reading the thread on Teflon coating, I am confused about getting any paint protection treatment done on my new swift. Even the 3M paint protection treatment takes off 5-6 microns off the paint coat. So what should I do ?
Go for the 3M Treatment or just get it waxed from either 3M or the dealership or just let it be as it is for the time being ?
Old 18th December 2011, 18:24   #596
BHPian

My suggestion. Let it be as it is for some time. When you feel the car lost its new look or freshness give it for 3M treatment. Also avoid the ones dealers and service centers are offering.
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2011, 19:12   #597
Senior - BHPian

TD'ed the Swift ZDi today and came back mighty impressed. Its definitely an improved Swift.
Same great handling and much improved ride quality.
Better interiors and build quality (read better THUD, not to be confused with the European/American thud).
Great features.
Plastics could be better though. Like GTO said, its great quality for a LXi but not so great for a ZDi.
Very nice driving position. Lot of adjustments options in seat and steering help to find the right one.
Turbo kick has almost died down. It almost behaves like a petrol. There are two downsided to this: 1) I miss the turbo kick, 2) The A/C affects the pick-up slightly more than before. But no where as much as petrol cars. The torque is very much there. Its just milder.
Tiny boot, the worst disappointment in the new Swift.
Front seats are extremely comfortable
Rear seats not so much. They are same as the outgoing model.
Old 19th December 2011, 10:02   #598
BHPian

Finally after a wait of 5 months I have received my Swift Zdi Torque Blue. (Booked on July 21st). The car is awesome. Did just 30 odd km yesterday but man was it fun.

The car is November 2011 manufactured. I was lucky that Road tax hike was not yet implemented. Here are some Pics of the ride. I will Post a detailed review once I go back to Hyderabad and get my hands on the car.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8568.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8569.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8579.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8580.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8594.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8619.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8595.jpg  

Old 19th December 2011, 10:08   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Finally after a wait of 5 months I have received my Swift Zdi Torque Blue.
Congratulations! Real sweet colour, in my opinion, the best of all the colours offered on the new Swift. Looks especially great in natural light! The new raked back headlamps also look awesome from the front three quarter angle. Some interior pics please!

I also am waiting for my Torque Blue Swift VXi, coming very soon, in a month or so hopefully!

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th December 2011 at 10:11.
Old 19th December 2011, 10:27   #600
BHPian

@arindambasu13,

I am yet to take proper interior pics. Here are all the shots I have taken.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8576.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8607.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8622.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8624.jpg  

Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-img_8623.jpg  

indian21r is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks