Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2011, 13:59   #451
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
Workers at Suzuki Powertrain adopt

Here's a new problem, at Suzuki Powertrain this time. Just hoping it does not flare up like the last.
I guess another strike is quite IMMINENT from what I read on news papers. Looks like the workers are quite irritated with the previous leaders taking some money and quitting. The workers believe that "the leaders took a Crore rupees as bribe & agreed to pull off the strike" and plan to protest again. Truly bad time for Maruti & I guess a good time to buy it's stocks.
Old 9th November 2011, 14:58   #452
Distinguished - BHPian

Swift EV to debut..

"Now, India’s most popular hatchback – The Swift is also heading the EV route. In an effort to showcase its prowess in making small cars, Suzuki will bring 3 unique concept to the Tokyo Motor show, one of which is the Swift EV Hybrid.
The Swift EV, as a project, was conceived a long time back for the States. Unfortunately, due to lack of resources and rising yen prices, Suzuki had to shelve the plan. Later, Suzuki hoped to tap in to some technologies from their partner VW, but that partnership is now hanging by the cliff.
Finally Suzuki engineers have got their act together and a concept version will debut at Tokyo Motor show. However, it is not be a complete EV like the Nissan Leaf. The Swift EV will have a range extending gasoline engine just like the Chevy Volt. The Swift EV runs like an EV for daily commutes of 11.2 miles. When the battery wears down, a gasoline-powered engine generator kicks in to recharge it."

Suzuki Swift EV hybrid heads to Tokyo Motor show
Old 12th November 2011, 17:17   #453
BHPian

The new Swift thread seems to be in silent mode. Similar to the factory strike, the members also seem to be on a strike with no new ownership threads or updates for quite some time. Is it the lull before the storm or has the new Swift ceased to excite?
Old 14th November 2011, 17:37   #454
BHPian

Yes thesilentone-nomore excitement for me. Cancelling my close to 5 months old booking of zdi. Will be taking delivery of fabia elegance next week.
Old 14th November 2011, 19:22   #455
Senior - BHPian

Just saw that maruti is hiking prices for its diesel variant citing rise in input cost.
Maruti's diesel cars costlier by Rs 10,000 - Rediff.com Business
Old 15th November 2011, 00:18   #456
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
The new Swift thread seems to be in silent mode. Similar to the factory strike, the members also seem to be on a strike with no new ownership threads or updates for quite some time. Is it the lull before the storm or has the new Swift ceased to excite?
Yes, the thread has gone into silent mode. Most of us are waiting for deliveries to happen which run into May next year!

Plus, the car has been discussed to death from whatever the review had said. Now all that's left to do is look forward to the ownership reviews

EDIT: RacerX and moralfibre keep their threads updated regularly
Old 15th November 2011, 08:52   #457
Team-BHP Support

The only exciting thing that happened recently was the way Maruti is handling customers having reported issues with their cars.

The car which had the stalling issue was replaced by Maruti within a month, and moralfibre has also been contacted by MS for the brake issue. (And hopefully - his concerns will be addressed satisfactorily soon).

And ya, inder reported 25kmpl (highway) for his new Swift VDi.

EDIT - And Maruti decided to thank customers waiting 6-8 months with an 'exciting' 10k price increase! Ritz has 3k increase while same engine in swift attracts 10k increase due to raw material costs? Pure marketing BS!

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 15th November 2011 at 08:56.
Old 15th November 2011, 09:44   #458
BHPian

The thread has got silent as most of us are waiting for the deliveries. To a surprise, I got call from my dealer yesterday confirming that I might get my Zdi delivered by 1st week of December.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 15th November 2011, 10:24   #459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
The thread has got silent as most of us are waiting for the deliveries. To a surprise, I got call from my dealer yesterday confirming that I might get my Zdi delivered by 1st week of December.
Keeping my fingers crossed.
Congrats.

And now the obvious question- when did you book and which colour?
Old 15th November 2011, 11:58   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
And now the obvious question- when did you book and which colour?
Initially I had booked Vdi on 17th July, but after the car was launched I got it changed to Zdi on 20th Aug.
So I guess the waiting period would have started from 20th Aug.

Color: White
Old 15th November 2011, 17:44   #461
Senior - BHPian

A few days back the prices had been hiked by 2-3k, not sure for what reason. Now another 10k hike. That makes it about 12 k hike already. Wonder what final prices will be like once delivery dates next year mature
Old 15th November 2011, 18:03   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
A few days back the prices had been hiked by 2-3k, not sure for what reason.
The previous rise was for the additional 3rd and 4th year extended warranty
, it went up from 5K to 7K.

Though there are quite a few options in diesel hatch segment but the sheer value swift bring in (minus the ongoing braking issue), Indian buyers will find it difficult to move to a different car.
Old 16th November 2011, 15:27   #463
BHPian

Guys I need your help.
I had a word with my dealership today regarding my booking status and the reply that I got was that Maruti is making very few ZDi's and that my booking will most probably be honored next year .
My question is that Is this really true? Are Maruti not making any ZDi's? It would be really helpful if someone can tell me whom to contact for true and accurate information.
I had upgraded to ZDi around 20th July and booked it in White.

The only thing worse than paying 7 lac for a hatch is still not being able to get it .
Old 16th November 2011, 16:50   #464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra'ul M View Post
My question is that Is this really true? Are Maruti not making any ZDi's? It would be really helpful if someone can tell me whom to contact for true and accurate information.
I had upgraded to ZDi around 20th July and booked it in White.

The only thing worse than paying 7 lac for a hatch is still not being able to get it .
I guess that's true - Z variants logically will have few bookings compared to Vs. Add to it, Maruti always had huge waiting periods on the ABS variants as well. So they might focus on churning out more V varaiants for some time.

To get authentic information, please call up the regional sales division [contact # provided in Maruti website] and talk to them in an assertive way showing the delay in your delivery. Please don't put up a fight with them and they actually can positively influence the delivery time.Tell them you are ready to pay a huge cost for the Z variant but the wait is not worth and you may consider canceling the vehicle and go for some other car.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th November 2011 at 16:52.
Old 17th November 2011, 10:09   #465
BHPian

Alongwith Poor brakes in L & V variants, New Swift's build quality is really poor & flimsy, not only relative to the competition but its elder cheaper sibling Ritz too.
The latter feels much better build & well put together as compared to New Swift & is having better brakes too, even in the Non-ABS variants.

Even I don't believe the fact that this New Swift have scored 5-star Rating at NCAP Crash tests.
Leave aside the extra airbags, ESP, TCS excuses. New Swift doesn't seems to score even 3-star safety ratings with Indian spec build New Swift at NCAP.

I've also heard that Manufacturing processes for Euro-spec cars are different & way costly as compared to Indian spec manufacturing pattern.
Does MSIL follows that pattern to build the New Swift or is just following a 'Fix-it either way' method.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks