Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 20:44   #976
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush78 View Post
Hello friends, I have a dec. 2011 zdi with upgraded tyres, but still am not satisfied with the braking performance . My 2006 swift zxi has better braking, & also feels more direct. So guys , please tell me whether i should get it inspected as somewhere in the forum it was mentioned that newer batches have better brakes. Have they changed/upgraded any component like the booster? Please give your opinion, thanks in advance..
Dettoo here. My dec 2011 swift ZDI brake is no where compare to my 2006 VXI with ABS, even after 80,000kms. Even upgrade in tyre didn't help.
Did everything, including escalation to Maruti, but of no use. Now, I am like driving an Indica, where I used to be extremely defensive driver.
Old 28th February 2012, 21:05   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
- I want out and out drivers car
- I want decent space better than my existing swift
- should offer good space in the rear for three passengers.
- the car being leased I would not like to invest extra in the car to add accessories so should give the most out of the standard car.
Why don't you try the Vista VX. It offers some features that none of the 3 mentioned by you do. VX is the mid model and offers ABS, Bluetooth, Steering mounted controls for Stereo and Calls. It lacks the snob value, however it has loads of space and is definately better compared to the 3 mentioned by you. 3 people can Easily seat in the back. Has better space than the old swift. And you need not spend a single rupee once you take the car out as it also offers a nice 2 DIN system. Pricewise it is 25-30k less than the Swift VDi.
Old 28th February 2012, 21:19   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8

Why don't you try the Vista VX. It offers some features that none of the 3 mentioned by you do. VX is the mid model and offers ABS, Bluetooth, Steering mounted controls for Stereo and Calls. It lacks the snob value, however it has .
thanks Gaurav for the suggestion Vista is definitely good on paper with all best known features and awesome space. However one thing I personally feel it lacks is the delightful driving experience, which is my first preference :-)
Old 28th February 2012, 21:35   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi

thanks Gaurav for the suggestion Vista is definitely good on paper with all best known features and awesome space. However one thing I personally feel it lacks is the delightful driving experience, which is my first preference :-)
Indica Vista has soft suspension n cant be termed a drivers car (unless you hire a driver and sit behind hehe)

If you are not averse to Fiat try Punto. If you prefer a little more space, try Polo. But Punto has a better (4 cyl) engine, though.
Old 28th February 2012, 21:45   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkyp View Post
went on another TD of the swift diesel to try and make up my mind over the jazz vs swift zdi debate.

Love the way the car drove yet again! but the SA is now quoting 50 weeks.. yes 50 weeks of waiting for the Zdi. he was hell bent on pushing me for a vdi or the vxi.
There seem to be a huge variation in the waiting times being quoted by dealers. While i was waiting for my Jazz's delivery, petrol prices kept zooming and i also booked a swift zdi. the sales guy told me 2 months of wait when everyone else was quoting 6 months. i assumed it must be a sales trick, but went ahead with the booking.

Today i got a call from the dealer (its been a month) that my car will be dispatched tomm from maruti! to think that on sunday i was quoted 50 weeks by another maruti dealer for a zdi!!

I have finally made up my mind to take the Swift and cancel my Jazz booking. Although i love the jazz, the more fun to drive and cheaper running cost took precedence.
Old 28th February 2012, 22:04   #981
BHPian

Got a call from my sales guy about a brand new Black VDI ready for delivery, Just in case if anyone is interested, let me know.
7.19L is the onroad price as of today.
Old 28th February 2012, 22:33   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Dettoo here. My dec 2011 swift ZDI brake is no where compare to my 2006 VXI with ABS, even after 80,000kms. Even upgrade in tyre didn't help.
Did everything, including escalation to Maruti, but of no use. Now, I am like driving an Indica, where I used to be extremely defensive driver.
But , i am actually apprehensive to take my car to the a.s.s & then they will try out all the permutations & combinations on my car. Atleast , what i think is that maybe maruti will introduce an upgrade of some brake component in near future. Does anybody have any info on any upgrade that maruti has done on the newer batches? Kindly help..
Old 29th February 2012, 09:27   #983
BHPian

Quote:
There seem to be a huge variation in the waiting times being quoted by dealers. While i was waiting for my Jazz's delivery, petrol prices kept zooming and i also booked a swift zdi. the sales guy told me 2 months of wait when everyone else was quoting 6 months. i assumed it must be a sales trick, but went ahead with the booking.
Congrats. You seems to be the first guy got ZDI within a month of booking. I have been successfully entered 7th month of waiting. Did you got the color you preferred?
Old 29th February 2012, 09:37   #984
BHPian

Quote:
Today i got a call from the dealer (its been a month) that my car will be dispatched tomm from maruti! to think that on sunday i was quoted 50 weeks by another maruti dealer for a zdi!!
Congrats, you are lucky to get a ZDi delivered in one month. I am still waiting with 2 bookings for ZDi, one is in the 5th month of waiting and the other is in the first month (booked the second one through Wipro, which maruti is *said* to offer priority in delivery).
Old 29th February 2012, 10:13   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm
Congrats. You seems to be the first guy got ZDI within a month of booking. I have been successfully entered 7th month of waiting. Did you got the color you preferred?
Thanks. Yes I feel lucky but given my record with the jazz will wait until the car comes home yes I got my choice of color. I picked the torque blue. That's could be the reason I got it early as most bookings were for white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jingaboysr

Congrats, you are lucky to get a ZDi delivered in one month. I am still waiting with 2 bookings for ZDi, one is in the 5th month of waiting and the other is in the first month (booked the second one through Wipro, which maruti is *said* to offer priority in delivery).
Hopefully with the fiat engine deal things will move faster. Wish you get your car quicker
Old 29th February 2012, 10:16   #986
BHPian

Somewhere in the internet I came across the information that all dzire models come with 15' brake boosters. Is it same for Swift as well ?
Does the dzire v/l model come with same problem?
Old 29th February 2012, 13:26   #987
BHPian

Has anybody installed front windshield sunfilm on the new swift? There is a problem regarding water seeping into ECU,reported in a separate thread. Is the problem also in the new swift. I am planning to install one hence the query.
Old 29th February 2012, 13:50   #988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Has anybody installed front windshield sunfilm on the new swift? There is a problem regarding water seeping into ECU,reported in a separate thread. Is the problem also in the new swift. I am planning to install one hence the query.
It is installed on my friends ZDI. Not sure whether the risk of water seepage has been eliminated in the new model, but in case you want to do it, better do it at a M.A.S.S as they generally are aware of the risk and take the neccessary precautions. In the worst case, the onus is on them to change the ECU under warranty
Old 29th February 2012, 14:28   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
It is installed on my friends ZDI. Not sure whether the risk of water seepage has been eliminated in the new model, but in case you want to do it, better do it at a M.A.S.S as they generally are aware of the risk and take the neccessary precautions. In the worst case, the onus is on them to change the ECU under warranty
I am planning to do the sun films over this weekend for my Dzire and I am going to seal the tweeters, front A/C vents and the front defogger vents with good quality plastic covers and scotch tape to prevent any water seepage.
Old 29th February 2012, 22:27   #990
BHPian

Any idea what's the current waiting period for SWIFT ZDI in Bangalore. I am contemplating to book ZDI in the next one week.

Most Viewed