Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 12:04   #1306
BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Wonderful. Congratulations and wishing you a very pleasant and peaceful ownership experience.

- You should have taken the dealer to task for not cleaning the car properly before delivery.
- Yoko A drives are a good choice - You could have gone for C-drives too, which are more comfort oriented.
- Gear shift will become alright (or you will get used to it) shortly. Also, the engine clatter will definitely reduce post the run-in period.
- The old swift had dual horns, doesnt the new one have dual horns too? I'd be surprised if they dont.
Thanks Bala.
1) Did not have vitamin m for c drives (Rs 300 more than a-drives per tyre) and secondly was wondering if C-drives could be too soft for the kind of roads in my area.
2) The clatter has already become less which as I have driven 150k so far and the crappy 5 litres of diesel given by the dealer would have been consumed.
3) The vehicle as double horns which is decent for city but may not good enough for Chennai suburban areas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrithraj.sagar View Post
I checked out the Scosche website and the published price for the bluetooth kit is $139.90, which is close to INR 7500. Can you please let me know where you purchased it for INR 3990? Thanks.
I was quoted similar figures for the blue tooth kit by the Maruti dealer as well. Not sure whether they were scosches though.
Sridhar K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 15:57   #1307
BHPian

Looks like the Waiting for Swift has come down to realistic levels now. A friend of mine who was keen to book Vdi was given 20 days to 1 month depending on the Dealer. But after he saw the dezire, he is leaning towards it which has 4 months waiting.

I guess only the ZDi orders are getting delayed now.
Old 24th May 2012, 21:54   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r
Looks like the Waiting for Swift has come down to realistic levels now. A friend of mine who was keen to book Vdi was given 20 days to 1 month depending on the Dealer. But after he saw the dezire, he is leaning towards it which has 4 months waiting.

I guess only the ZDi orders are getting delayed now.
Not really my ZDI was booked through Leaseplan on 11 Apr and now getting it delivered in a day or two.

Slowdown seems to have hit all variants.
Old 25th May 2012, 10:42   #1309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
The Swift Zxi has gone up to 7.02L on road - as on 15 May 2012
Exactly 2 years before, on 16th May 2012, I got my ZXi for 5.9L. VDi ABS was around ~6.1L back then, I do not remember the exact price.

Its another matter that I paid for various unneeded "coatings" and overpriced accessories at the dealer pushing its price up, but I feel even the ZXi is no longer VFM.
Old 25th May 2012, 11:36   #1310
BHPian

Thanks to the feeling of "Zero Control" our country has on Petrol prizes I'm changing my booking from ZXi to ZDi
...wish me luch
Old 25th May 2012, 11:56   #1311
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX View Post
The Swift Zxi has gone up to 7.02L on road - as on 15 May 2012
Is it? In Delhi the OTR is 6.25 and in Ghaziabad the price is 6.36.
Old 25th May 2012, 12:13   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhdadhichi View Post
Not really my ZDI was booked through Leaseplan on 11 Apr and now getting it delivered in a day or two.

Slowdown seems to have hit all variants.
That is better. Now they must be getting steady supply of engines from Fiat.
Old 25th May 2012, 15:44   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
That is better. Now they must be getting steady supply of engines from Fiat.
Add to that Fiat cars not selling well should further help Maruti's cause. And then there is the D-Zire which will cannibalize Swift sales to some extent. It'll be interesting to see if actual lead times for the Swift ZDi can reduce to tolerable levels of 1-2 months in all cities. 9-10 months was the peak. I expect DZire and Ertiga VDi/ZDi lead times to go up.

Last edited by fuel_addict : 25th May 2012 at 15:45.
Old 25th May 2012, 17:22   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Add to that Fiat cars not selling well should further help Maruti's cause. And then there is the D-Zire which will cannibalize Swift sales to some extent. It'll be interesting to see if actual lead times for the Swift ZDi can reduce to tolerable levels of 1-2 months in all cities. 9-10 months was the peak. I expect DZire and Ertiga VDi/ZDi lead times to go up.
Agreed that D-zire can cannibalize sales to some extent. My friend who was so keen on swift vdi is ready to shell 65k more for D-zire Vdi. That should propel Maruti to introduce ABS as as option in the lower segments to hold sales.

Swift may actually kill sales of majority of the competition if it is available of the shelf. Overall Swift Family may still keep growing. But easy availability of new swift may reduce resale value by atleast 50k. Other than that we can be assured of spares for a long time to come

But what a timing from them to partner with Fiat for additional engines Somehow Tata is not able to take the same advantage
Old 25th May 2012, 19:14   #1315
BHPian

I got to drive the new Swift VDi (2012 Jan / Feb model, 5500 Kms on the ODO) for quite some time over the last weekend. My impressions are:
- Good ride / handling - would still rate Punto a little higher in this department though, mostly because of the hydraulic steering as well as high speed stability.
- NVH levels are bloody well controlled, the engine feels quite refined - couldn't believe that it is the same engine that is sitting under my Punto's (2010 August, 37K on ODO) hood!
- Gear shift feel as well as the ratios are too good - I would love to have this in my car.
- Good interiors
- Although I hear that the VDi brakes are dangerously bad, I did not feel so. It is indeed poor, especially with the absence of ABS, but not so dangerously poor.
- This almost brand new car that has not been abused at all, has started rattling (although minor) here and there
- A 1.5 hour 100 Km spirited drive on a mix of twisty roads and highways was surprisingly tiring. I have never felt this in my Punto (~ 2 Years old car and tyres - Goodyear) ever. I have done two Mumbai-Kerala-Mumbai trips and can easily say that with the Swift, I may not have done the second round trip.
Old 25th May 2012, 21:48   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn View Post
- This almost brand new car that has not been abused at all, has started rattling (although minor) here and there
The rattling bit is a little surprising. Hopefully better managed than in the older model.
Old 26th May 2012, 17:25   #1317
BANNED

ZXI or ZDI? Which of the two is driver's delight? Let's keep aside petrol price and mileage for the time being.
Old 27th May 2012, 01:03   #1318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLIX

The rattling bit is a little surprising. Hopefully better managed than in the older model.
It all depends on ones driving style and road conditions. For example Moralfibre has put an 18k+ Kms update on his new gen Swift and has not faced any rattling issue.

Last edited by saurabhdadhichi : 27th May 2012 at 01:10.
saurabhdadhichi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2012, 10:46   #1319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devansn
!
Surprising. Quite possible your friend has had the door panels opened up for fitting after market speakers and any other accessories. More often than not, the guys don't do a good job fitting the panels properly back in place leading to rattles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandjha
ZXI or ZDI? Which of the two is driver's delight? Let's keep aside petrol price and mileage for the time being.
Most people would admit its the ZDi unless you want to rev all the way to 6500 rpm to enjoy a free revving petrol engine. Cannot overlook the rising petrol costs.
Old 27th May 2012, 11:48   #1320
Senior - BHPian

There is a news in todays TOI (and other newspapers) that a Swift Diesel caught fire in Delhi and the driver charred to death as he couldnt get out as central locking got activated and doors could not be opened.

Man dies after getting trapped in burning car - The Times of India

Are there any other such Swift related hazards? There is a VW Vento thread also regarding fires and all of them have been Diesels. I was just wondering if theres something wrong with Diesel engines or the fuel itself.

Last edited by joslicx : 27th May 2012 at 11:49.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks