Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2012, 18:11   #721

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Hurray ...got my Blazing Red swift Zdi delivered the last week...and I think the car is even better than i felt on the test drives I did. What a sweet sweet engine! The only addons I got done was I added a bluetooth arrangement, got 3M film on windows. Got some crappy floor mats from the dealer, also mud flap

Swift owners there, which are the best floor mats for the new Swift? All black interiors look amazing ...but the carpet on the floor attracts too much dust.

Is it only me or is the thigh support of the new swift a tad less? Also felt that the middle seat in the rear is not easy with the seat belt ends hurting . But other than that , the car is a gem.
Old 12th January 2012, 20:45   #722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Anyways, once I decided Swift ZDi is worth the asking price + 6 months wait. Everything else feels like a compromise now!
Man even I had the same dilemma, we were on the verge of Picking up a Nissan Micra or a Ritz but somehow swift always pulled us to it. And it is totally worth the wait
Old 12th January 2012, 23:04   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nri199
Hurray ...got my Blazing Red swift Zdi delivered the last week...and I think the car is even better than i felt on the test drives I did. What a sweet sweet engine! The only addons I got done was I added a bluetooth arrangement, got 3M film on windows. Got some crappy floor mats from the dealer, also mud flap

Swift owners there, which are the best floor mats for the new Swift? All black interiors look amazing ...but the carpet on the floor attracts too much dust.

Is it only me or is the thigh support of the new swift a tad less? Also felt that the middle seat in the rear is not easy with the seat belt ends hurting . But other than that , the car is a gem.
Do you mind sharing the type of Bluetooth arrangement you are referring to and the cost involved? How exactly did you get this installed?

The thigh support is same as the earlier swift IMO. I am referring to the front seats here. I however find the driver's seat to be a bit lower than the old Swift even when the seat is adjusted to the highest position. I also have the ZDi and previously the older ZXi where I think the seats were higher resulting in lesser headroom.
Old 13th January 2012, 08:51   #724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nri199 View Post

The floor mats provided by the dealer here are absolutely worthless, thin, flimsy and no good at all. The mats on my 800 were way better and provided by the same dealer. Lasted for more than 5 years without a nick on them in spite of extensive usage.

Anyways, you could go for Kagu floor mats, though a tad pricey for close to 3k, they are well worth it. Hard, covers the entire surface area of the carpet, and looks to be pretty long lasting.
Old 13th January 2012, 09:08   #725
BHPian

Quote:

You are right, the floor mats provided by dealer were too inferior in quality so I took carpet mats from dealer and on top of that I have put the rubber ones that cost me another 1700.

However, I did not find the thigh support to be less. The seat belt ends in the rear seat can be inserted below the seat, as in India we never use rear seat belts.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:29   #726
BHPian

On thigh support, after my test drive felt no difference in thigh support on the front seats but looks like it is a bit lower than the old swift at the rear. If am not mistaken, guess GTO has also mentioned that in his review.

When booking mine, the dealer told me that there is a blue tooth add on kit for the Swift ZDI from MGA and cost around Rs 2000 odd. Also got a call from the dealer asking me about my employer, official email id and the reason cited was that corporate employees are given prioritization in allotment instead of corporate discount that they give for other cars
Old 13th January 2012, 13:08   #727
Team-BHP Support

Did you guys read this Swift sport review by top gear?

Suzuki Swift Sport three-door driven full road test car review - BBC Top Gear - BBC Top Gear

Guess we can be happy too, since they are raving about the chasis and uber agile handling- not the power that the sport version gets abroad!

If a 134 bhp sport can be called a hothatch by top gear UK, I guess a remapped DDiS (Pete'd too) can be an Indian hot hatch for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
When booking mine, the dealer told me that there is a blue tooth add on kit for the Swift ZDI from MGA and cost around Rs 2000 odd.
Bluetooth add-on kit is mentioned in the accessories brochure as well.
Review: 2nd-gen Maruti Swift (2011 - 2017)-bluetooth.jpg
Old 13th January 2012, 16:40   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
I guess you wouldn't have noticed, Zxi / Zdi version have USB inbuilt, just below ACC. In case if you are looking at lower versions, installing USB is optional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Swift ZDI does have a USB, and aux in. I guess it's fitted in the lower part of the center console.
Was talking about the VDI, chaps.
The ZDi OTR is much higher than 6.5L.
Old 14th January 2012, 18:15   #729

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post

Anyways, you could go for Kagu floor mats, though a tad pricey for close to 3k, they are well worth it. Hard, covers the entire surface area of the carpet, and looks to be pretty long lasting.
Hi Arindam

Where in Bangalore did you go for the Kagu mats? i think it may be worth the price.
Old 14th January 2012, 18:17   #730

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankurvirmani19 View Post
You are right, the floor mats provided by dealer were too inferior in quality so I took carpet mats from dealer and on top of that I have put the rubber ones that cost me another 1700.

However, I did not find the thigh support to be less. The seat belt ends in the rear seat can be inserted below the seat, as in India we never use rear seat belts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar K View Post
On thigh support, after my test drive felt no difference in thigh support on the front seats but looks like it is a bit lower than the old swift at the rear. If am not mistaken, guess GTO has also mentioned that in his review.

When booking mine, the dealer told me that there is a blue tooth add on kit for the Swift ZDI from MGA and cost around Rs 2000 odd. Also got a call from the dealer asking me about my employer, official email id and the reason cited was that corporate employees are given prioritization in allotment instead of corporate discount that they give for other cars
My bad, I meant thigh support in the rear. The front seats are so comfortable, the rear in comparison feels like it has less thigh support.
Old 14th January 2012, 18:22   #731

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuel_addict View Post
Do you mind sharing the type of Bluetooth arrangement you are referring to and the cost involved? How exactly did you get this installed?
I got the Scosche Handsfree and Streaming audio kit, that can work in any car that has a music system with an Aux input. Also, this one is not fixed to the vehicle, it can be ported to another vehicle too unlike the one in the accessory list provided by Maruti. It cost me Rs. 3990/-. Works like a charm!
nri199 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 12:55   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Arindam

Where in Bangalore did you go for the Kagu mats? i think it may be worth the price.
You would get them in most accessories shop. In south Bangalore, you can go to Autoshop in Koramangala, or Junction in Jayanagar 3rd block.
Old 15th January 2012, 19:37   #733
BHPian

Is there any price hike on swift?
My dealer told there will be a price hike after December.
Also there were some news that it is due to depreciation in rupee value.
Source :Maruti mulls price hike to counter falling rupee from Jan 2012 - Business Today
Old 15th January 2012, 22:15   #734
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
Is there any price hike on swift?
My dealer told there will be a price hike after December.
Also there were some news that it is due to depreciation in rupee value.
Source :Maruti mulls price hike to counter falling rupee from Jan 2012 - Business Today
No, the prices are the same. The dealer said there is a chance of price hike anytime this month and green tax will be introduced in the budget. The dealer is of the opinion that the green tax will be around 3% of the ex-showroom price.

Disclaimer: All this is dealer speak with no evidences.
Old 15th January 2012, 22:47   #735
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
No, the prices are the same. The dealer said there is a chance of price hike anytime this month and green tax will be introduced in the budget. The dealer is of the opinion that the green tax will be around 3% of the ex-showroom price.

Disclaimer: All this is dealer speak with no evidences.
Green tax?

Is this for diesels? Could mean an additional 20k price rise for the ZDi! (And all other competing diesel cars).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks