Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2013, 21:50   #1831
Senior - BHPian

re: Maruti Swift : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
^^
Practicality - For Adarsh this is a self drive within city limits. I would advice to go for a hatch in the busy cities due to the terrific traffic.
the new dzire is just 3.75 % lengthier than the Swift. it just needs a couple of weeks to get used to. And I'm sure, he'll be able to manage the car even in peak city traffic with ease.

Quote:
Dezire is not a complete sedan. it is a notch back. Didn't understand " Upgrade is more easier"??
Ford Figo has a boot space of 270 l. the dzire is basically an extended hatch in the shape of a sedan.

Quote:
Agreeing on the cost factor. But that depends on the type of oil used also. Don't want to start that debate again
no, it's not just the oil. it's applicable for
fuel filter
air filter
transmission oil
clutch fluid
brake fluid
coolant
and even the injectors.

check the comparison chart I had posted earlier.
Old 13th March 2013, 22:01   #1832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Ford Figo has a boot space of 270 l. the dzire is basically an extended hatch in the shape of a sedan.
Ford Figo has massive boot of 284 L the other biggest boot in hatch is i20 with 290L of boot space.

The 2012 Swift's boot of 210 L is a big let down when you needs to getaway for weekend trips. The old gen Swift had 232L which was not that small as new Swift's
HighOctane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2013, 23:27   #1833
BHPian

Quote:

the new dzire is just 3.75 % lengthier than the Swift. it just needs a couple of weeks to get used to. And I'm sure, he'll be able to manage the car even in peak city traffic with ease.

Not even a couple of weeks ! Dzire is as easy as any other premium hatchback to drive. Thanks to the compact size and small wheelbase. This is where this car scores. It is not as big as Sunny or Manza which may feel little cumbersome for city drive. And you get the adequate boot space which is sorely missing in the new Swift. 315 litres can comfortably hold three medium sized suitcases and some space for other nick nacks.
Turbokick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2013, 17:45   #1834
BHPian

Quote:
no, it's not just the oil. it's applicable for
fuel filter
air filter
transmission oil
clutch fluid
brake fluid
coolant
and even the injectors.

check the comparison chart I had posted earlier.
That was a good comparison from an owner of Etios .
Some of them are unbelievable. Theoretically they are lasting for ever but need to know this from real users other than A$$ guys.
And Toyo says periodic check. So in case they find any issues they may be replaced?? Can you post the link to the thread which had this discussions
Old 15th March 2013, 10:20   #1835
BHPian

Hi Mates,

My sincere thanks to prime, devil_klm, amalji, turbokick, highoctane, sourabhzen, drmohitg, vaisakhr, The suggestions and thoughts were really insightful and was really helpful. Especially the comparisons of maintenance which was an eyeopener to me. The aspect of practicality as suggested by devil_klm struck a strong note and i believe this will be the fey deciding factor. I feel more confident now that i will be able to arrive at a decision over the weekend once i do a test drive of both Swift and Dzire once again.

Once again, thanks to all.

- Rgds

Adarsh
adarsh.n is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th March 2013, 18:04   #1836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That was a good comparison from an owner of Etios .
Some of them are unbelievable. Theoretically they are lasting for ever but need to know this from real users other than A$$ guys.
And Toyo says periodic check. So in case they find any issues they may be replaced?? Can you post the link to the thread which had this discussions
1) Link to the thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post3062893

2) When the Service center guys told me this, the first thing I did was to ask them what was the highest odo reading of an Etios which does service in Cochin. They mentioned it as 1.5 lakhs, then I asked them to show the service record. Even though, initially he was hesitant, he showed me the service record. I can confirm that there is absolutely 0 unplanned replacements for the components I've mentioned in the chart.

Then I took the mobile number of the customer from them, called him and confirmed. I'll be visiting this person in a week's time. Will surely post the minutes of discussion later.

I own an Etios and it has completed 30,000 service. My close friend in Calicut owns a Liva and completed 40,000 kms service. There is absolutely 0 unplanned replacements of the components mentioned in the comparison chart for both of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adarsh.n View Post
I feel more confident now that i will be able to arrive at a decision over the weekend once i do a test drive of both Swift and Dzire once again.
Do try out the test drive in peak city traffic this time because that is what seems to be your priority.

Mod Note: Posts merged

Last edited by amalji : 15th March 2013 at 18:12.
Old 19th March 2013, 11:38   #1837
BHPian

Fellow Swifters. My cars insurance is expiring on this friday. I got a call from dealership and they are quoting 12,728. IDV is 5.6L. It is a one year old ZDI. Insurance is from national insurance tied up with maruti. Is this a good deal(dont think so )?
Anyone took insurance renewal from outside dealership? Is it possible to get something having tieup with maruti from outside?
Mods: Posting in swift thread to get a faster response than in insurance thread.
Old 19th March 2013, 12:59   #1838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Fellow Swifters. My cars insurance is expiring on this friday. I got a call from dealership and they are quoting 12,728. IDV is 5.6L. It is a one year old ZDI. Insurance is from national insurance tied up with maruti. Is this a good deal(dont think so )?
Anyone took insurance renewal from outside dealership? Is it possible to get something having tieup with maruti from outside?
Mods: Posting in swift thread to get a faster response than in insurance thread.
Did you try Policy Bazaar (http://www.policybazaar.com/)? It can be confusing, due to sheer number of options available, but you would have more choices.
Old 19th March 2013, 15:03   #1839
BHPian

Quote:
I took it from Outside for 11.2K from TATA AIG for one year old VDi (IDV - 5.3L IIRC)
Old 19th March 2013, 15:08   #1840
BHPian

Quote:
I renewed my insurance last week. Mine is also a ZDi with IDV 540000, and I paid 13k, took it directly from national insurance. I did not have NCB discount.

I think maruti has tie-up with all major insurance providers. So you are free to take insurance from each of them separately. I think you might get a better deal if you take the insurance directly. I had royal sundaram in the previous year, but they were late in responding and the zero dep was costlier this year(4k compared to 1.8k that I paid last year), so I opted for national.
Hope this helps.
Old 19th March 2013, 15:41   #1841
BHPian

Quote:
my ZDI insurance is up for renewal in 15 days time. i have taken quotes from most players in the market and the best i have got is from bharti axa for 14900.
This is for a IDV of 6 lakhs and 0 dep cover and 20% NCB

i had 0 dep in the previous policy too and would want to take this time also given that plastic parts are the ones most prone to damage.

existing provider future generali gave a quote of 16500.
Old 20th March 2013, 09:06   #1842
BHPian

Looks like you guys are getting really good deals. I paid 16811 /- for Zdi with zero depreciation, 20% NCB and IDV value of 5.3 Lakhs from ICICI in December.

ICICI is offering multiple claims @ Zero dep compared to the competition.
Old 20th March 2013, 23:25   #1843
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
Looks like you guys are getting really good deals. I paid 16811 /- for Zdi with zero depreciation, 20% NCB and IDV value of 5.3 Lakhs from ICICI in December.

ICICI is offering multiple claims @ Zero dep compared to the competition.
Most players including ICICI I guess offer 2 claims at 0 dep. are you sure it's more than 2? I checked with ICICI also and they were quoting high premiums for normal insurance. Infact the call centre said they don't do 0 dep for Maruti and Tata cars!!
Old 21st March 2013, 22:55   #1844
BHPian

Sorry for back to back post and continuing the insurance post on this thread. Was checking quotes for my zdi renewal on reliance general and it is even cheaper than Bharti Axa at about 13.5k. Axa is 14900 for the same. Reliance also has cashless with the service station I usually visit. How's the feedback on them as an insurer?
Old 21st March 2013, 23:28   #1845
Distinguished - BHPian

My friend is into insurance business and he says SBI General Insurance is the BEST of the lot when it comes to premium amount. He deals with multiple vendors and usually picks the BEST for his customers.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks