Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2012, 15:39   #106
BHPian

Re: Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81 View Post
Skoda Dealer is offering 2L off a 2011 Built brand new VRS. Dont think they even manufactured a 2012 MY. Shall I pick it up.. ???
When I picked up my RS in April, i got 1.4 L discount on onroad price and it was Nov 2011 model. That time the dealer told he could get a 2012 made one also but the discount would be 30K. I had seen the former car in the yard and selected that. I would say, just see the car before registration and then confirm.
Old 26th June 2012, 15:50   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Skoda Dealer is offering 2L off a 2011 Built brand new VRS. Dont think they even manufactured a 2012 MY. Shall I pick it up.. ???
I think it should be fine, do check the car out before committing to buy it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Good catch!

@prithwi-81 : Just get the suspension from the vRS put onto your TSI. Everything else doesn't really make any difference (at least to me )!

cya
R
Well I disagree, the interiors are a whole lot better, and the bodykit and stuff adds to it. BUTTT see how much you are losing overall in the process. If its something like 3-4lacs then you can get Petes stage 1 on your car, + some nice rims, + leather, + maybe even the vRS front bumper.

Oh and can any Laura vRS owner here help Rehaan, he wanted to know if the back seat bottom part folds in front. I keep forgetting to check

Last edited by Rehaan : 26th June 2012 at 17:32. Reason: Adding the word "vRS". Go down and check tonight you lazy guy!
Old 26th June 2012, 18:29   #108
BHPian

Quote:
They do make 2012 model, mine is a Jan 2012 and i got Rs.1lakh discount when i bought in february. But for that discount go ahead, after all 2011 model car will most probably be late 2011 model. So you're planning to sell your Tsi and get the vRS? will the cost difference justify it? Else go for the vRS suspension, steering, bigger alloys, remaps etc. And like akshay said vRS looks way better outside and inside than regular Tsi
Old 28th June 2012, 16:25   #109
BHPian

Yea.. I plan to trade in or sell the TSI. I'm askin for a 7.5 price (got the car thru company lease ~ about 10L) so i can take the hit.

The VRS is really loaded.. i can do all that aftermarket, but warranty and a good shop in delhi to do the installs is what keeps me off that road.

Cant seem to find a 2012 MY anywhere in NCR.. Anybody know a good dealer? I'm currently talkin to Jai Auto and Giriraj. Both offer the same only on 2011 Dec MY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
I just went thorough your profile and saw that you already have Laura TSI, then why you want to buy VRs ?

There aren't much changes in the VRs as compared to the TSI, plus the heart of both the cars are same.

If you're really keen on buying one, I suggest you to wait for couple of days more, As updated cruze with 163 PS of power and 360 NM of torque is coming soon. Being a diesel, No more worries for fuel bills or hikes

Cheers,
Sameer
Sameer, the updated cruz is actually worse than the outgoing model. With more power on tap, the gearing is so wrong in the car that you cant get any performance out of it. I'm sure it'll do good in the general public but not for enthusiasts..

Last edited by Rehaan : 28th June 2012 at 17:21. Reason: Please use the EDIT button to add to an existing post within 20 minutes instead of posting another consecutive post.
Old 28th June 2012, 17:48   #110
BHPian

Indeed. I read in a leading Auto Mag that the outgoing Cruze reaches the top speed faster than the new Cruze. My neighbour owns the old Cruze and I swear by it's enthusiast appeal.
Old 28th June 2012, 19:54   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithwi-81

Cant seem to find a 2012 MY anywhere in NCR.. Anybody know a good dealer? I'm currently talkin to Jai Auto and Giriraj. Both offer the same only on 2011 Dec MY.
Trust you are aware that both Jai Auto and Giriraj are owned by JSB Auto and hence have a common stock. I bought my TSI from Giriraj but it was billed by Jai Auto.

Try Fahrenheit. A colleague recently bought a Laura TDI from them and had all good things to say about the dealer; very different from my buying experience.

Last edited by bloodred : 28th June 2012 at 19:57.
bloodred is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2012, 13:36   #112
BHPian

I've read this review several times and its fantastic. I have started reading this review all the more after reading about the 1.4 Tsi from its parent
Ever since i've read about the new Jetta petrol (with the 1.4 TSI Engine), this car has become extremely desirable. Considering, Skoda may follow suit and stop the 1.8 Tsi engine altogether in the new face lift. And if that happens then the petrol head and heart inside me will die a thousand deaths.

I have been gunning to buy the 1.6 Polo, but even if I do - I'll always drive it knowing its not 1.8 - A car that by the looks of it is the last true enthusiast car possibly. (of course lets leave the imports out of it)

Congratulations and a huge thank you to all those who listened to their hearts and bought this car.

I just wish i could afford it.
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 17:29   #113
BHPian

For TSI/vRS Is there a rev limiter in neutral gear?
Mine is going only upto 4000 rpm in neutral.
Old 20th July 2012, 17:44   #114
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
Considering, Skoda may follow suit and stop the 1.8 Tsi engine altogether in the new face lift. And if that happens then the petrol head and heart inside me will die a thousand deaths.
True and sad point.

Quote:
I have been gunning to buy the 1.6 Polo, but even if I do - I'll always drive it knowing its not 1.8 - A car that by the looks of it is the last true enthusiast car possibly.
Well, the Polo 1.6 isn't quite as good as a 1.6 could be as a driver's car. Have you considered perhaps a T-Jet, Fiesta 1.6 or maybe even a used Laura TSI (rare to find - but a good one could be had in the 8-lakh range).

Quote:
Originally Posted by motor_breathing View Post
For TSI/vRS Is there a rev limiter in neutral gear?
Mine is going only upto 4000 rpm in neutral.
Yes, this is a feature in quite a few cars these days. Revving the engine with no load on it is not a good thing, hence limited.

cya
R

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th July 2012 at 17:46.
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2012, 15:10   #115
BHPian

Quote:
True and sad point.

Well, the Polo 1.6 isn't quite as good as a 1.6 could be as a driver's car. Have you considered perhaps a T-Jet, Fiesta 1.6 or maybe even a used Laura TSI (rare to find - but a good one could be had in the 8-lakh range).

Yes, this is a feature in quite a few cars these days. Revving the engine with no load on it is not a good thing, hence limited.

cya
R
I use that feature for Launches.. hehehe.. launching in 1st at 6500rpm... is wheelspin and smoke.

Keeping the car in neutral, holding the rev at 4k (it automatically does even with full throttle), and in the last moment shift to first and let go of clutch.. pleasure guarenteed.
prithwi-81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 17:53   #116
BHPian

Quote:
True and sad point.

cya
R
I spend quite a lot of time thinking about the vRS and spent the last few days scrambling my finances. By the looks of it, I can afford the vRS. Although just barely, It is still within reach. Praying for things to fall in place over the next few days.

Went over to Vinayaka to discuss discounts and i was told that the VIN number of the car will definitely read 2011 because RS specifically is built from CKD kit and that apparently is 6 months worth of work. The sales guy assured that i will not be able to get 2012 model anywhere in the country and was willing to put me on the phone with Skoda to confirm. Have fellow BHPians heard otherwise?

And yes, there is a meaty 1+ Lakh discount available on the RS model.
Old 25th July 2012, 17:57   #117
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz

I spend quite a lot of time thinking about the vRS and spent the last few days scrambling my finances. By the looks of it, I can afford the vRS. Although just barely, It is still within reach. Praying for things to fall in place over the next few days.

Went over to Vinayaka to discuss discounts and i was told that the VIN number of the car will definitely read 2011 because RS specifically is built from CKD kit and that apparently is 6 months worth of work. The sales guy assured that i will not be able to get 2012 model anywhere in the country and was willing to put me on the phone with Skoda to confirm. Have fellow BHPians heard otherwise?

Push for more. Talk to Hemanth their GM and give him my reference if you want.
The RS doesn't sell much at all and I am sure he will be happy to shift one to you!
All the best.
cheers.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2012, 18:04   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have started reading this review all the more after reading about the 1.4 Tsi from its parent
Ever since i've read about the new Jetta petrol (with the 1.4 TSI Engine), this car has become extremely desirable. Considering, Skoda may follow suit and stop the 1.8 Tsi engine altogether in the new face lift. And if that happens then the petrol head and heart inside me will die a thousand deaths.
There are no more facelifts pending with this generation of Laura, by next year Octavia III(next Laura) will be out. Octavia is the cash cow for Skoda in Europe, VRS has been a very important variant, with a good fan following.

The popular Golf GTI is the reason why there is no Jetta GTI. I can bet next gen Octavia VRS will have the same enthusiastic engines as the Golf GTI, I am not sure whether Skoda will bring them here.
.anshuman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 15:40   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I believe the RS is as much CKD as other Skoda Lauras. FYI when I bought my Laura in May 2011 the date of mfg as per the VIN was April 2011. It is another thing that Skoda may have stopped producing RS's since 2011 inventories may be unsold at the dealers' end. I don't blame the dealers. They are trying to make the sale and will try their best to do so at the highest price possible with whatever help they can get from their principals. Ultimately you are negotiating for a 2011 Laura RS. How you negotiate the best deal out of them depends on your negotiating skills.

Have you approached TAFE? Just tell Vinayak that TAFE is offering you a 2012 RS for the same price as Vinayak's 2011 RS and tell them the discount for 2011 RS is higher. You will make them sweat.

Quote:
Ambition TSIs have gone for discounts of upto 2L. As discounts go for petrol Lauras ,1 lakh is nothing special.

Edit : See this link. Fellow Bhpian Avinash_clt has got a 2012 RS
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2834173

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 26th July 2012 at 15:58. Reason: Added link to thread
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 17:55   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post

Have you approached TAFE? Just tell Vinayak that TAFE is offering you a 2012 RS for the same price as Vinayak's 2011 RS and tell them the discount for 2011 RS is higher. You will make them sweat.

Edit : See this link. Fellow Bhpian Avinash_clt has got a 2012 RS
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post2834173
Thats true, I read Avinash's thread in detail and did not catch that part. Thank you very much indeed.

I went to TAFE today to discuss and same story there too, the are adamant that the VIN number will be of a 2011 MFD date. I have PMed fellow BHPian Avinash requesting for the VIN number so that i can hold both Vinayak and TAFE to that.

As of today, I have managed to knock of close to 1.55 Lakhs off the on road price. Including extended warranty and Drive assure (basically zero depreciation insurance), the on-road price comes down to 18,87,792.

I have asked either of the dealer to throw in the 'Skoda' horn replacing the normal ones that Laura comes with.

I'll update this thread with what i manage to accomplish.

Best,

Azeem

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks