Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th July 2012, 18:00   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz View Post
I went to TAFE today to discuss and same story there too, the are adamant that the VIN number will be of a 2011 MFD date. I have PMed fellow BHPian Avinash requesting for the VIN number so that i can hold both Vinayak and TAFE to that.
Azeem, why don't you get the VIN from the dealer and check out this thread, or drop a note to Wildon?
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...ml#post2852484
vb-saan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 18:08   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Azeem, why don't you get the VIN from the dealer and check out this thread, or drop a note to Wildon?]
Thank you, Vb-san.

I did exactly, that - Just got off the phone with Vinayak and TAFE - Both of them equally amused that 2012 car was sold. They have taken time till the next few days where they follow up with Skoda and get back to me.

The power of Team-BHP cannot be undervalued. My pals at both Vinayak and TAFE must have realized that by now
azeemhafiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2012, 23:51   #123
BHPian

Confirmed with our fellow BHPian, Avinash - the sales guys were right, the manufacturing date will be of 2011. the Model year will be 2012, as will be mentioned on the RC book.
Old 29th July 2012, 00:10   #124
BHPian

Guys, need some suggestion from vRS owners.

I own Cedia Sports (5 year old) and upgrade is long overdue. Well obvious option is Laura Tsi and have managed to squeeze discount of 1.5L(possibility of 25k more) but its 2011 model. Now I chcked with all dealers in Mumbai (multiple times) and everyone is saying Petrol Lauras are only available in 2011.

I am kind of tempted to go ahead with this deal, but this 2011 factor is making me bit uncomfortable.
I am planning to get complete VIN report for the veichle , but still doesn't gurantee considering car is sitting in Aurangabad factory for 4-5 months atleast.

What do you all suggest?
Old 29th July 2012, 01:15   #125
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishaltanksale View Post

I am kind of tempted to go ahead with this deal, but this 2011 factor is making me bit uncomfortable.
I am planning to get complete VIN report for the veichle , but still doesn't gurantee considering car is sitting in Aurangabad factory for 4-5 months atleast.

What do you all suggest?
Honestly its not a big deal, just have a look at the car before taking delivery. It seems like a long time, but I don't think anything can really go wrong with the car. If anything look at the tyres to check that there are no flat spots.
Old 30th July 2012, 23:47   #126
BHPian

Quote:

What do you all suggest?
I got that too from both the dealers in Bangalore. All the petrol TSI's are gonna have 'BA' in their VIN indicating that it is a 2011 mfd date, however on your RC the model year will be mentioned as 2012. I've got both the dealers to call Skoda atleast 4 times in the last 1 week. Although my query was specific to vRS, I was told the same story on TSI models.
Old 5th August 2012, 00:19   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234

Honestly its not a big deal, just have a look at the car before taking delivery. It seems like a long time, but I don't think anything can really go wrong with the car. If anything look at the tyres to check that there are no flat spots.
Agree with you and in any case VRS is launched only in Nov last year, so not a big issue. Went ahead with the booking of Black colour vRS and delivery expected in next 2 weeks.

It's kind of difficult these days shortlisting petrol when everyone around you is blindfolded to diesel cars. Kind of reaction you get from people when you tell them about petrol car as if you are one of the biggest idiot out there.
But then I feel this is the best time to buy petrol cars with the kind of discounts on offer.
And anyways for me, after Cedia, VRS / TSI is the most logical upgrade.

Will keep you guys posted.

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 5th August 2012 at 00:20.
Old 6th August 2012, 03:16   #128
BHPian

Quote:

It's kind of difficult these days shortlisting petrol when everyone around you is blindfolded to diesel cars. Kind of reaction you get from people when you tell them about petrol car as if you are one of the biggest idiot out there.
But then I feel this is the best time to buy petrol cars with the kind of discounts on offer.
Congratulations, black is a very fine choice. I made the booking too last week and i am hoping to get the car by the end of this week. In my case, finalizing the car was easy (to me there was no absolute alternative) the colour took more time. Mom had her heart set on yellow, while my sister was adamant on race blue. I went ahead and booked the white (by not taking the sides of either party, negotiating for peace-treaty at home should be fairly easy although not straightforward)
Old 6th August 2012, 16:14   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Oh and can any Laura vRS owner here help Rehaan, he wanted to know if the back seat bottom part folds in front. I keep forgetting to check
Rehaan/Akshay: Nope, don't think it does. However the rear seats flatten out to a near 180 degree angle and moreover in that state, is almost flush with the trunk floor. The whole area then metamorphoses into a super-humongous, U-haul style boot!

Vishal/Azeem: Congratulations to the both of you and welcome to the club gentlemen! Irrespective of where the "petrol logic" takes you these days with people around you, the vRS is one awesome package. You won't regret the decision after gunning the throttle of that TSI powerplant.

Gotta say it is very gratifying to see the RS' numbers steadily swelling on the forum. A healthy number of vRS units (and cars of her tribe) selling means a serious shot in the arm for the enthusiasts' car market in India. We typically tend to get shortchanged/neglected by manufacturers because there aren't enough "takers" for such cars. Practicality trumps everything else here. So a big thank you also for playing your part there.

If I'm not mistaken, we're awfully close to having 10 Laura RS' on T-BHP. That is fantastic!

Note from Team-bhp support: Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the same thread!

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th August 2012 at 22:48. Reason: Back to back posts.
Omtoatom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 00:01   #130
BHPian

After some days of anxious waiting, got a call in the afternoon stating that the car has arrived. Went in to see it (under the pretext of PDI), but excitement took over.

After calming myself down managed to get a few things off the checklist. Will take the delivery of the car tomorrow (on temp plates with registration pending next week).

A sincere thank you to all BHPians for your help, a special shout out to Avinash.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Laura vRS : Test Drive & Review-rs1.jpg  

azeemhafiz is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 17:12   #131
Team-BHP Support

Wow azeemhafiz!

From lusting after the vRS whilst considering the Polo 1.6 just last month, you've mobilized your dreams (and your finances ) -- congrats on the vRS!

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2012, 22:28   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Wow azeemhafiz!

From lusting after the vRS whilst considering the Polo 1.6 just last month, you've mobilized your dreams (and your finances ) -- congrats on the vRS!

cya
R
Thanks Rehaan! Took the delivery today and after some shot bursts of speed and cruising in Bangalore traffic, I'm in love. This is just worth every bit of stretch i had to make. Fantastic!

Will put up a detailed ownership thread soon.

Thanks,

Azeem
azeemhafiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2012, 07:42   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeemhafiz

Thanks Rehaan! Took the delivery today and after some shot bursts of speed and cruising in Bangalore traffic, I'm in love. This is just worth every bit of stretch i had to make. Fantastic!

Will put up a detailed ownership thread soon.

Thanks,

Azeem
Congrats Azeem!
I will take delivery of mine next weekend. I have the VIN from dealer, just waiting for some company formalities as its going to be company registeration.

Can't wait to get my hands on my black beast.

By the way what's your manufacturing date? Mine is Nov-11

Last edited by vishaltanksale : 11th August 2012 at 07:48.
vishaltanksale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2012, 03:24   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Azeem!
I will take delivery of mine next weekend. I have the VIN from dealer, just waiting for some company formalities as its going to be company registeration.

Can't wait to get my hands on my black beast.

By the way what's your manufacturing date? Mine is Nov-11
Thanks Vishal! Mine is Nov-11 too. Its been a little over 24 hours and 250 kms (all within Bangalore city) and she is a blast to drive at whatever speed what ever gear or even when stationary. I haven't slept since I took the delivery (Read = > 24 hours), will recharge my battery (aKa sleep for a few hours) and hit the road again!
Old 17th August 2012, 11:44   #135
BHPian

Congrats Azeem and Vishal on your new rides.

@TSI Experts.. I have few questions about the turbo.

What is the make of turbo.
What is the boost pressure.
Is it an FGT or VGT.

I searched in the net but could not get any conclusive answers.
Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks