Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2012, 23:10   #211
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guderian View Post
The brakes have worked really well - touch wood. No issues at all. At best I can describe it as being soft, but it does its job well, as compared to a very harsh, sharp bite of the rest.
No, it is not as though you have to plan your braking event well etc. You can indeed rely upon it totally.
And it has been upgraded too pretty well from the initial lot of Fortuners.

I've had the brake play adjusted (reduced) by 1mm from the ASC and now things are far better than stock. Just that you dont get the expected feedback from the brakes, though can never say they're ineffective/poor
Old 22nd January 2012, 13:50   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinbose View Post
I've had the brake play adjusted (reduced) by 1mm from the ASC and now things are far better than stock. Just that you dont get the expected feedback from the brakes, though can never say they're ineffective/poor
I take it you are servicing your vehicle at Nandi? Which service adviser do you use?

What you did is a good idea...but I have got used the Fortuner brakes now, so don't want to tweak my driving style again. I am still interested in HIDs - waiting for the new one to be launched so that I can piggy back on the OEM stuff.
Old 22nd January 2012, 21:50   #213
Senior - BHPian

Been to Nandi Toyota on Kanakpura road today to check on 2WD AT, they are expecting TD vehicle by end of next week. I won't say I returned empty handed since they had the brochure and price list to share, but was clue less on my basic questions around the new model. I was expecting changes to suspension to improve the ride quality, disappointed to hear in the thread that there is no improvement to the ride quality.. Will decide after making the test drive next week.
Old 23rd January 2012, 09:50   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadadhar View Post
but was clue less on my basic questions around the new model. I was expecting changes to suspension to improve the ride quality
There is NO change in suspension, engine, brakes et al. Kindly ensure that tyre pressure is exactly at 30psi while taking test drive as increased pressure is a major culprit for this 'perception' of poor ride quality.
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:32   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
There is NO change in suspension, engine, brakes et al. Kindly ensure that tyre pressure is exactly at 30psi while taking test drive as increased pressure is a major culprit for this 'perception' of poor ride quality.

Apart from the cosmetic upgrades, world over, Toyota has introduced the "diamond tech" technology for the 2012 model Fortuner engine. Do we know if this upgrade was carried over to the 2012 models sold here? Pls see below the official note from Thai and Philippines website.

Toyota has developed a latest “Diamond Tech” system that allows the 32-bit ECU to more precisely detect operating conditions within the injection system, improving fuel efficiency. New injectors feature a new “diamond-like” carbon coating that makes the process more efficient, as well as lengthening the life of the injectors and related combustion process components. The variable-geometry turbo also sees its relationship with the ECU improved, for a faster flow of more detailed information.
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:54   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Apart from the cosmetic upgrades, world over, Toyota has introduced the "diamond tech" technology for the 2012 model Fortuner engine.
No such diamond tech is being highlighted for the Indian upgrade and as far as the knowledge goes there is NO change in the engine/ecu for India. Otherwise it would have been highlighted at the Auto Expo and in all their advertisement spreads.
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:25   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
No such diamond tech is being highlighted for the Indian upgrade and as far as the knowledge goes there is NO change in the engine/ecu for India. Otherwise it would have been highlighted at the Auto Expo and in all their advertisement spreads.
The D4D 3.0 engines for the Fortuner, are they imported from Thailand or made in india? if they are imported, why would thai production line follow a different process, it is just upgraded injector nozzles. right?
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:27   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
The D4D 3.0 engines for the Fortuner, are they imported from Thailand or made in india? if they are imported, why would thai production line follow a different process, it is just upgraded injector nozzles. right?
If they have really upgraded the injector nozzles, it seems to be a covert operation as of now... lolz. Mods may clarify.
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:47   #219
BHPian

Does anyone know what is he current waiting time for the 2012 4x4 Fortuner?
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:41   #220
Senior - BHPian

I saw an Ad of Fortuner on TV today , is it a reaction to XUV 500's rocking charts ? I liked the Ad though , suits the image of Fortuner
Old 23rd January 2012, 22:52   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumitB View Post
Does anyone know what is he current waiting time for the 2012 4x4 Fortuner?
If you book today, deliveries are assured by March 2012
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 09:49   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
It is suprising to note that the Fender indicators have been removed and its only the "Mirror intergrated" turn indicator that doubles up.

This is a good way to cut costs down. The fender indicators with the chrome ring over it looks good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous Power View Post
It's just not something that only Toyota does. All manufacturers are going for ORVM mounted indicators. Even my Merc C class has side indicators on ORVM. Every new car that I see on road here in USA have ORVM mounted indicators - It is not at all cost cutting.
As a regulation at OE level, it is not permitted to have side turn signal indicators on both the fender and the ORVM. Hence it will be either one of these.

Actually, the same applies to the High Mount Stop Lamp too. You cannot provide a car with Rear Spoiler with integrated HMSL and then have the regular HMSL too.
karpusv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 21:54   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
As a regulation at OE level, it is not permitted to have side turn signal indicators on both the fender and the ORVM. Hence it will be either one of these.

Actually, the same applies to the High Mount Stop Lamp too. You cannot provide a car with Rear Spoiler with integrated HMSL and then have the regular HMSL too.
This is OT w.r.t Fortuner as a product but in line with Fender indicators not provided on the new TFORT.

The Pre-Facelift fortuner offered i guess Chrome blinker ORVM as an OEM Toyota accessory, so how does the rule enforce this. I do not have a TFORT but have a santro. I have made a similar comparison as per my Santro.

. Well, Please indicate what happens if i buy aftermarket blinkers for the ORVM. Heck, the Santro ORVM Blinkers come as an OEM Accessory and also the stock santro comes with Fender indicators.

I have seen numerous santro with High mount stop lamp AND LED OEM Spoiler and both work.

How would the Rule prevent this as both are authorized official OEM accessories manufactured and endorsed by the Manufacturer themselves.

I am attaching a picture for self explanation

Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)-img_3792.jpg

Last edited by scopriobharath : 24th January 2012 at 21:57.
Old 25th January 2012, 10:32   #224
BHPian

Enquired at the Toyota showroom yesterday for a test drive of the new fortuner but they claimed they do not have the vehicle with them for test drive neither for just plain viewing in pune. Any ideas as to when would the vehicles be available in showrooms?
Old 25th January 2012, 11:05   #225
BHPian

I will be visiting the newly opened Toyota dealership in my city today to have a dekko at the new Fortuner. With the various reports here that the dealers are yet to receive the new vehicle for display or test drives, I don't have high hopes but I am an optimistic. Hopefully, the LOH approves and I can take this forward.

Last edited by SumitB : 25th January 2012 at 11:23.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks