Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2012, 07:44   #121
Team-BHP Support

re: Review: 2011 Toyota Fortuner 4x2 (MT & AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Regardless of the price I think the Fortuner will continue its crazy sales for some more months. Only difference I see is that most people will either go for the MT 2WD or the AT variant. The 4WD may see some fall in numbers.
Totally agree. I don’t foresee any dip in the Forturner sales. Probably it will increase with the added variants. Afterall it’s a proven vehicle in our market.
And more importantly I feel the refreshed models / new competition will be priced similar or above. Remember reading in some other thread that the Pajero Sport is expected to launch with a price tag of Rs.26 lakhs!

On a side note, I liked the new nomenclature trends – the old Fortuner being referred as Fortuner Classic. There is a certain feel-good factor to the name
Old 6th January 2012, 08:25   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Totally agree. I don’t foresee any dip in the Forturner sales. Probably it will increase with the added variants. Afterall it’s a proven vehicle in our market.
And more importantly I feel the refreshed models / new competition will be priced similar or above. Remember reading in some other thread that the Pajero Sport is expected to launch with a price tag of Rs.26 lakhs!
I am eagerly waiting for the Captiva and Audi Q3 price tags. I have always felt Captiva is a very capable SUV which suits the needs of close to 90% of the people buying an SUV ( the so called mall going SUV users). But somehow due to lack of proper advertising and a general unknown long term reliability of Chevrolet has let it down. But with so many number of Cruze and Beat on the road its no longer a foreign brand on our shores. If priced around 19L or little below the 2WD MT Fortuner then this car can surely take away some of the fortuner sales away.

The Q3 is an aspirational car. And if priced near about the X1 prices ( which I doubt though) it can surely be a run away success too. X1 lost out a little because it looks quirky to many and is not really imposing SUV kinds.

Quote:
On a side note, I liked the new nomenclature trends – the old Fortuner being referred as Fortuner Classic. There is a certain feel-good factor to the name
yea Fortuner Classic sounds great. May be they should continue marketing that along side the new Fortuner and reduce the price to 18L. I will be a happy customer!

Last edited by drmohitg : 6th January 2012 at 08:26.
Old 6th January 2012, 09:22   #123
BHPian

Earlier i had booked the old Fortuner and now i have successfully changed my booking to the new one. Thanks to Team-Bhp on the quick test drive and review of the new Fortuner that made me change my mind.

I don't know what the fuss is about the vehicle being overpriced. As far as i see its an excellent all-rounder real world 4X4 capabilities which i would definetly use on my weekend escapades. I can live with bumpy ride to an extent, having driven the test ride vehicle for a good hour on all kinds of terrain i would say its just a pleasure to handle the beast. As a buyer i had both the options, having added features like ESP/VSC which is a life saver in our great highways is alone worth an increase in price tag, along with HID's, head lamp washers, better integrated stereo setup etc. I am told the delivery would be end jan/early feb i am glad i made the decision and waited for the new one. Of course the old Fortuner/Classic Fortuner would have been an excellent choice no doubt, but for me the added features sealed it.
Old 6th January 2012, 10:12   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ym-enjn View Post
I like the Fortuner classic more and will be on a lookout for it in the resale market.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
It feels good and looks better too, overall. I am now more than glad to have opted for the Classic, which gels design elements better than the current one. Except the front end, everything else seems pasted on, whether its the kinky tail lights, down market Fortuner embossed rear chrome garnish, greyish/silverish cheap looking finish on the interiors and the steering or the outside accessorised looking stereo, some things don't gel well with the new facelift. It's only the front which is the saving grace and some essential gizmos like the VSC, which incidentally is only on the 4x4.

Toyota needs to get their act together when they do facelifts. They, more often than not, end up destroying a classic shape.
Old 6th January 2012, 15:34   #125
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The Fortuner facelift is priced at (in rupees, ex-showroom Delhi)

4X2 MT – 19, 99,000
4X2 AT – 20, 69,000
4X4 MT – 20, 99,000

The 4 x 2 is exactly 1 lakh cheaper than the 4 x 4. IMHO, with this pricing strategy the 4 x 2 will not cannibalize the 4 x 4 sales.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:09   #126
Senior - BHPian

I disagree. Most sales should shift to 4x2 version, why would anyone want a 4x4 unless he wants to off-road. And in India how many ppl want to off-road in a 25L vehicle.
Old 6th January 2012, 16:24   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
I disagree. Most sales should shift to 4x2 version, why would anyone want a 4x4 unless he wants to off-road. And in India how many ppl want to off-road in a 25L vehicle.
Rightly said, most of the SUV's in India are brought for the individual ego satisfaction & road presence rather than the offroading purposes (this includes me )
Old 6th January 2012, 16:30   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRaven View Post
Prices announced. Still overpriced in my opinion.

19.99(2WD), 20.69(2WD Auto), 20.99(4WD)
19.99 Lacs 2WD wil El Chepo interiors, kills my appetite for this vehicle. So it is back to the market to explore other options .
Old 6th January 2012, 17:03   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
It feels good and looks better too, overall. I am now more than glad to have opted for the Classic, which gels design elements better than the current one.
I so agree with you there.
For me, its only the VSC that I'm gonna miss.
Most of the Rest, I can get an aftermarket job done..

Re: The prices. I was expecting the new facelifted and fully loaded Fortuner to be more expensive than the classic version, simply because there are quite a lot of bells and whistles added.
Old 6th January 2012, 19:03   #130
BHPian

I've decided to go for the 2WD auto in super white. Hope to take delivery around the 20th of this month.

Vehicles will be available for display in almost all bangalore dealerships by 9th jan
Old 6th January 2012, 19:10   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 View Post
Lately the craze for 4x4 is on the rise in India. At least now people know there is something known as Offroad. But still the majority of people will never take such an expensive vehicle off the road.

Quote:
I've decided to go for the 2WD auto in super white. Hope to take delivery around the 20th of this month.

Vehicles will be available for display in almost all bangalore dealerships by 9th jan
Hey that's a nice choice.. Is there a waiting period like there was earlier or you booked long back and your delivery is now due.
Old 6th January 2012, 19:30   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Lately the craze for 4x4 is on the rise in India. At least now people know there is something known as Offroad. But still the majority of people will never take such an expensive vehicle off the road.
You are right. I was tilted towards 4x4 just for the VSC, but I know I would never take this to hardcore offroading and hence thought auto box is a better choice. It was bad of Toyota to skip VSC in non 4x4 variants.

Quote:

Hey that's a nice choice.. Is there a waiting period like there was earlier or you booked long back and your delivery is now due.
Booked the facelift model long back and delivery is due now. For people booking now, the SA told me that the waiting period should not exceed 30 to 45 days.
BlackRaven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2012, 20:51   #133
BHPian

Quote:
You are right. I was tilted towards 4x4 just for the VSC, but I know I would never take this to hardcore offroading and hence thought auto box is a better choice. It was bad of Toyota to skip VSC in non 4x4 variants.

Booked the facelift model long back and delivery is due now. For people booking now, the SA told me that the waiting period should not exceed 30 to 45 days.
Hi black raven i have also booked the 2wd at in white i booked the now classic f ortuner in november and later changed it to present fortuner here in punjab the waiting period is a bit longer i have been qouted delivery time in end of feb
Old 7th January 2012, 17:44   #134
BHPian

So here is the official bangalore price for the 2WD AT model

Ex-Showroom : 20,86,717 (Car Value - 18,30,453 + 14% VAT - 2,56,263)
Insurance : 64,119
Road Tax : 4,16,927
Handling Charges : 6,500

TOTAL ON ROAD : 25,74,263/-
Old 7th January 2012, 17:49   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaro CV8 View Post
I so agree with you there.
For me, its only the VSC that I'm gonna miss.
Most of the Rest, I can get an aftermarket job done..
I have exactly the same feeling. HID, ICE etc. I can get done. VSC I can't.

Not a big thing though if one drives the vehicle appropriately.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks