Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2012, 15:22   #196
BHPian

re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Extremely helpful Review. I have booked my new iGen i20 (CRDi) Sportz variant last week. I am expecting the delivery to be done next week. Completed the pre registration checks (Thanks to team-bhp) again
Old 19th July 2012, 18:33   #197
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarman_008 View Post
Extremely helpful Review. I have booked my new iGen i20 (CRDi) Sportz variant last week. I am expecting the delivery to be done next week. Completed the pre registration checks (Thanks to team-bhp) again
Congrats Aarman... CRDi Sportz is the best VFM choice. Which color did you opt for? I have been waiting for the delivery for almost 60 days now. You seem to be lucky to just get the delivery in a weeks time. Are the wait times so less in Chennai or you have insider contacts to prioritize your booking ?
Old 19th July 2012, 19:29   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Congrats Aarman... CRDi Sportz is the best VFM choice. Which color did you opt for? I have been waiting for the delivery for almost 60 days now. You seem to be lucky to just get the delivery in a weeks time. Are the wait times so less in Chennai or you have insider contacts to prioritize your booking ?
I opted for the RED color. I am not sure about the delivery date in other cities, but I did my booking in V3 Hyundai where the Sales Manager said it will take a maximum of 15 days for the car to get delivered. No inside contacts

I do have the car in the warehouse now. It arrived this Monday. Just that the registration process is getting delayed because he said Chennai RTOs need an online payment instead of Demand draft and they have booking slots.
Aarman_008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2012, 12:34   #199
BHPian

Quote:

Very true Kcz. Sportz variant is the most VFM model. I still cursr myself for opting Magna(O). I was already on an extended budget and did not even care to check beyond the price of Magna(O). Wish I had been a little more thoughtful.
Old 20th July 2012, 16:47   #200
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettooran View Post
Very true Kcz. Sportz variant is the most VFM model. I still cursr myself for opting Magna(O). I was already on an extended budget and did not even care to check beyond the price of Magna(O). Wish I had been a little more thoughtful.
True. If you haven't received the car yet, I guess it would be a good idea to stretch a little and change the choice to sportz. But above everything, I am really impressed with the 1.4l CRDi engine that drives the car. It is too good and in my opinion undoubtedly class leading
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:01   #201
BHPian

Quote:
True. If you haven't received the car yet, I guess it would be a good idea to stretch a little and change the choice to sportz. But above everything, I am really impressed with the 1.4l CRDi engine that drives the car. It is too good and in my opinion undoubtedly class leading
Thats one of the prime reason for me to go for i20. The CRDi Diesel engine. Very refined and matured power delivery.
Old 25th July 2012, 10:05   #202
BHPian

We went to check the i20 last week before we finalize the car. Interiors and features wise it is amazing. But we were not too keen on another Hyundai as we already have a Verna and its maintenance is sky rocketing as of now. We were looking for the petrol variant. Sportz variant looked the best vfm with the necessary features.

By the way this month Hyundai is offering Insurance free on i20 petrol. No offers on diesel

Last edited by indian21r : 25th July 2012 at 10:06.
Old 31st July 2012, 02:25   #203
Senior - BHPian

Guys.. whats the current OTR of the diesel sportz version in Bangalore? I know there wont be any offers on the diesel variants, but if any of you are aware of any current offers out in the market, please let me know...I am looking at buying this by end of this year or early next year....
Old 31st July 2012, 09:38   #204
kcz
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Guys.. whats the current OTR of the diesel sportz version in Bangalore? I know there wont be any offers on the diesel variants, but if any of you are aware of any current offers out in the market, please let me know...I am looking at buying this by end of this year or early next year....
I paid Rs. 859839/- to Advaith Hyundai, ORR for the diesel sportz version and will be taking delivery of the car tomorrow. There are no offers on the diesel versions. Also, they insisted that the insurance should only be bought from them and not from outside.
kcz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 09:57   #205
kcz
BHPian

Friends, just wanted to update you that I've taken the delivery of i20 CRDi Sportz yesterday from Advaith ORR, Bangalore. I haven't driven it much but it is definitely a fun car to drive in the city. I shall update the thread with more feedback on the car.

I also heard from the sales person at Advaith that prices for Hyundai cars are going to go up and the new prices will be announced today. I haven't been able to get more info on amount of increase or the models that get affected by the price hike.

Thanks,
Kiran
kcz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2012, 16:55   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I realised today that there is no way to lock your boot while you are in the car or near the car. My i20's boot is always accessible when i am inside the car even if i have locked the central lock manually.

Also even if i am any where near the car with the key in my pocket and car LOCKED. The boot is accessible. I need to be a certain distance away for the Keyless Entry not to work.
This is a very serious breach that Hyundai has overlooked. You need to register an official complaint about the same for them to look into this matter. Do talk to the customer care or your SA regarding how to proceed with the same.

Or is there some other settings that needs to be activated?

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd August 2012 at 15:09. Reason: Removing tags
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:00   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, just wanted to update you that I've taken the delivery of i20 CRDi Sportz yesterday from Advaith ORR, Bangalore. I haven't driven it much but it is definitely a fun car to drive in the city. I shall update the thread with more feedback on the car.

I also heard from the sales person at Advaith that prices for Hyundai cars are going to go up and the new prices will be announced today. I haven't been able to get more info on amount of increase or the models that get affected by the price hike.

Thanks,
Kiran
I got the delivery last week, and I must say that the overall quality of the car and drivability within city is just amazing. Though I am facing a little turbo lag and had to constantly down shift. But I am still impressed by the overall performance. Its fun to drive. Will post a detailed ownership review soon with some pictures :-)
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:28   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

This is for all i20 2012 Asta owners.

I realised today that there is no way to lock your boot while you are in the car or near the car. My i20's boot is always accessible when i am inside the car even if i have locked the central lock manually.
This happened yesterday, had been to a mall and the security guy wanted to check the boot but was unaware of how to open it. My friend pressed the boot release button in his smart key but it did not work so he had to get down and open the boot manually - Is this a common problem ?
Old 3rd August 2012, 12:31   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjimso View Post
This happened yesterday, had been to a mall and the security guy wanted to check the boot but was unaware of how to open it. My friend pressed the boot release button in his smart key but it did not work so he had to get down and open the boot manually - Is this a common problem ?
Every time i go to a mall etc where the guards need to check the boot, i just unlock the doors from inside and than the guards just open the boot. actually I am quite not sure about the entire lock setup of the i20 ASTA model.

Regards
Old 3rd August 2012, 13:19   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Every time i go to a mall etc where the guards need to check the boot, i just unlock the doors from inside and than the guards just open the boot. actually I am quite not sure about the entire lock setup of the i20 ASTA model.

Regards
h@r$h@l - How do you unlock the boot from the inside - Is there a boot release button inside the car or if it is with your smart key - how do you do it?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks