Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2012, 00:52   #256
BHPian

Finally the date arrives, 19 september 2012. Would be going to take delivery of my first car, i20 asta crdi, after a sleepness night. Thanks to this forum and the the TBHPians for helping me make this decision.
Old 19th September 2012, 05:37   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth
Finally the date arrives, 19 september 2012. Would be going to take delivery of my first car, i20 asta crdi, after a sleepness night. Thanks to this forum and the the TBHPians for helping me make this decision.
congrats and welcome to the gang
Urban Nomad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 07:10   #258
BHPian

re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

A big thumbsup to you! Congrats. I will be taking delivery on Friday!
bharat4ever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2012, 11:30   #259
Senior - BHPian

Booked a petrol 1.2 Asta and taking delivery on Sunday. Can anyone confirm if the Asta can get the Sunroof as optional? I don't want the whole package with the 6 airbags et al but only the Sunroof. Is it possible?

My only concern while booking this car was the Steering issue. I hope to God it has been fixed and doesn't plague the new iGen models. Can any iGen owners confirm this?
Old 19th September 2012, 17:16   #260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
Booked a petrol 1.2 Asta and taking delivery on Sunday. Can anyone confirm if the Asta can get the Sunroof as optional? I don't want the whole package with the 6 airbags et al but only the Sunroof. Is it possible?

My only concern while booking this car was the Steering issue. I hope to God it has been fixed and doesn't plague the new iGen models. Can any iGen owners confirm this?
Hey,

No man you cant get Sunroof on ASTA. Not even as an option. Sunroof is available only on the ASTA(O) variant which as you said comes with the whole package of 6 Airbags and all.

About the steering issue; when this 2012 model was launched i visited the Sharma Hyundai showroom to have a dekho and I casually asked the SA " Whats new" and he promptly replied that apart from all the bells and whistles we see company has taken care of the Steering & the AC issue. And this came from him without us asking him about either of the 2 in particular.

Congrats on your car. Once again
Old 19th September 2012, 19:39   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l

Hey,

No man you cant get Sunroof on ASTA. Not even as an option. Sunroof is available only on the ASTA(O) variant which as you said comes with the whole package of 6 Airbags and all.

About the steering issue; when this 2012 model was launched i visited the Sharma Hyundai showroom to have a dekho and I casually asked the SA " Whats new" and he promptly replied that apart from all the bells and whistles we see company has taken care of the Steering & the AC issue. And this came from him without us asking him about either of the 2 in particular.

Congrats on your car. Once again
So I'll have to live sans sunroof. Doesn't matter. Happy to hear about what's new. Quite a relief!
Thanks.
Old 20th September 2012, 11:30   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx View Post
So I'll have to live sans sunroof. Doesn't matter. Happy to hear about what's new. Quite a relief!
Thanks.
Congrats 9thSphinx.

My i20 Asta Petrol, again without Sunroof is also almost booked. I say almost because I am still waiting for the formal clearance from Hyundai for the loyalty bonus. Once that comes through I will hand over the cheque to the dealer.
Old 20th September 2012, 11:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car.lover View Post
Congrats 9thSphinx.

My i20 Asta Petrol, again without Sunroof is also almost booked. I say almost because I am still waiting for the formal clearance from Hyundai for the loyalty bonus. Once that comes through I will hand over the cheque to the dealer.
Well, congratulations to you too! We already have a Santro so the loyalty bonus was no issue for us.

I'll try to put up a short ownership review later down the road. Would request you to do the same. I guess, not many petrol cars are being bought these days, let alone Petrol Asta's. We're the privileged ones
Old 20th September 2012, 13:33   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9thsphinx

Thanks.
Well I took the delivery of my 2012 Asta CRDi and just out of curiosity asked the accessories guy for the sunroof fitting. He was very prompt to reply that it can be fixed in I20 the ones that open completely are charged @ 1.4 lacs and the ones that open only till a certain degrees or the one that open partly are for 80000.

I smiled and said Thank You and left the countered..

PS. Im referring to Shreenath Hyundai, Andheri West, Mumbai
Old 20th September 2012, 13:38   #265

And oh !! I forgot to mention that the music system in Asta Diesel are sized something between single DIN and double DIN. So no AVN for Asta

However the MAGNA model doesnt come with music system and so there is space for double din and the AVN can be fixed in them. The Hyundai guys are selling the Blaupunkt AVN system for 43k
Old 20th September 2012, 14:20   #266
BHPian

Took delivery of my I20 1.4 Asta crdi yesterday. delivery experience was smooth. Posting some pictures. Me thinks it looks good in bronze.

Some observations on first day drive experience:

- accelerator is very soft almost spongy
- the car feels strained while climbing flyovers. This was in 4 gear with four people on board.
- the bluetooth works seamlessly
- the gear box is superb and feels great to hold it
- glides over bad roads smoothly at 40 kph and am comparing this to a Honda city
- I found turbo lag minimal
- rear washer is god send
Attached Images

wordsworth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2012, 14:28   #267

Hmmm i'll post some pics too ... oh btw white Asta loooks beast
Old 20th September 2012, 15:54   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Took delivery of my I20 1.4 Asta crdi yesterday. delivery experience was smooth. Posting some pictures. Me thinks it looks good in bronze.

Some observations on first day drive experience:

- accelerator is very soft almost spongy
- the car feels strained while climbing flyovers. This was in 4 gear with four people on board.
- the bluetooth works seamlessly
- the gear box is superb and feels great to hold it
- glides over bad roads smoothly at 40 kph and am comparing this to a Honda city
- I found turbo lag minimal
- rear washer is god send
I hope it's not a deal breaker?

And with 4 people in the car, 4th gear on a fly over is bound to be strained for a car this size isnt it? How was it after you downshifted?
Old 20th September 2012, 16:51   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever

I hope it's not a deal breaker?

And wit
h 4 people in the car, 4th gear on a fly over is bound to be strained for a car this size isnt it? How was it after you downshifted?
Guess you are referring to soft accelerator when you say deal breaker. I did not find it irritating just different.

What gear should I use then? Well I did eventually downshift to 3 but then how do I use 6 gear on highways?

I went on the same flyover today with two people and cruised through in 4 gear.
Old 20th September 2012, 17:41   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsworth View Post
Guess you are referring to soft accelerator when you say deal breaker. I did not find it irritating just different.

What gear should I use then? Well I did eventually downshift to 3 but then how do I use 6 gear on highways?

I went on the same flyover today with two people and cruised through in 4 gear.
Which car have you owned before this? If it was a petrol car, then your confusion is justified. i20 needs to be driven in a lower gear than your typical petrol. Lets compare.

Recommended gears for Maruti Alto (manufacturer recommended for optimum fuel efficiency):

Upto 10 Kmph: 1st gear
20 kmph: 2nd gear
30 kmph: 3rd gear
40 kmph: 4th gear
60 kmph: 5th gear

For i20 CRDI:

upto 15 kmph: 1st gear
25 kmph: 2nd gear
50 kmph: 3rd gear
70 kmph: 4th gear

This practically means that upshifts will be fewer in an i20, but down shifts are more compared to a Petrol due to the latter's inherent tractable nature. Thus, on flyovers or hilly areas only 3rd gear is better suited.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks