Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2023, 16:47   #976
BHPian

Re: 1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
ABS sensor can be replaced. Why replace the hub?
In another thread (ABS light stays ON! Reason?), I read that the hub is integrated with the sensor, which doesn't make sense. I think this is the part from Boodmo. Anyway, I will check a friend who is an expert in electronics before ordering this. He might be able to fix it.
Old 19th January 2023, 16:54   #977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romins View Post
In another thread (ABS light stays ON! Reason?), I read that the hub is integrated with the sensor, which doesn't make sense. I think this is the part from Boodmo. Anyway, I will check a friend who is an expert in electronics before ordering this. He might be able to fix it.
I got the ABS Sensor only replaced few months back at Hyundai Service Center for my 2013 i20.
They themselves suggested that he will try the sensor first and it if does not work them only he will replace the hub. Although some service centers will ask for whole assembly replacement, there are actually two parts for the assembly. Sensor is cheaper. Ask them to first replace only the sensor. Some manual hammering is required to separate the sensor part which they obviously know.
vidyanand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 19:34   #978
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidyanand View Post
I got the ABS Sensor only replaced few months back at Hyundai Service Center for my 2013 i20.
Can you please give me the part number from your invoice? I will order from Boodmo.
Old 19th January 2023, 20:15   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Can you please give me the part number from your invoice? I will order from Boodmo.
I tried searching for Invoice but not able to locate that one or he did under running repairs. Just call them and they will provide the part number.
Old 19th January 2023, 20:24   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot. I see ABS light on the dashboard, it was intermittent for a while and it is constant now. I got the scanning done and the following is the error:

"C1207 Wheel Speed sensor rear-lh range /performance / intermittent present". More details here
Same issue here on my 2013 i20, ABS light pops up under medium-hard braking and then goes away. Will try to do an OBD scan, btw how much were you charged for scanning?
Old 19th January 2023, 21:17   #981
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoBlip View Post
Same issue here on my 2013 i20, ABS light pops up under medium-hard braking and then goes away. Will try to do an OBD scan, btw how much were you charged for scanning?
I had gone to a local workshop where I usually go for service. They did scanning, removed the wheel and hub, cleaned everything. Scanned the errors one more time. Labour was Rs 300.
Old 30th January 2023, 14:59   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Same issue here on my 2013 i20, ABS light pops up under medium-hard braking and then goes away.
I got the part replaced. Part Number 52750-1G101. Boodmo link

As someone had posted, it comes as a single assembly, so the part is expensive - Rs 3773. I got the work done at an FNG near Electronic City Phase 1 - Arodhana

Service Advisor Mr. Praveen checked the issues using scanning tool and the speed was getting stuck at 254 for rear LHS wheel. He confirmed that hub assembly needs to be replaced and ordered the part. I visited the workshop again today and it was done in one hour. Scanning was done again and the errors were gone and ABS light is off. I am happy about the quality of service- right tools, clean workshop, good mechanics.

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img_0828.jpg
Boodmo package and part-number.

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img_0830.jpg
Old hub assembly

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img_0831.jpg
Old hub assembly after removing.

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img_0829.jpg
New part.

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-img_0832.jpg
Errors are gone. It gets reset to zero.

I have kept the old hub assembly with me, will see if this can be repaired. I will update on that later.

P.S: I am not associated with Arodhana and just sharing my experience. YMMV.

Last edited by Romins : 30th January 2023 at 15:02.
Romins is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2023, 05:07   #983
BHPian

Quote:

As someone had posted, it comes as a single assembly, so the part is expensive - Rs 3773. I got the work done at an FNG near Electronic City Phase 1 - Arodhana
Did you consider replacing the sensor only like vidyanand mentions in his posts above?

10th year of ownership seems to be bringing a lot of unforeseen expenses & issues for me, of late even bluetooth music streaming, calls etc. have stopped working(although the system connects just fine), USB already conked off sometime ago so this has restricted me to using the system in purely aux mode. The anemic rear speakers which although have been inherent to this system since the beginning too have started bothering me lately, but seeing as I can retain it for only a couple more years before the ban kicks in, I wonder if I should invest in a HU upgrade?
Old 7th February 2023, 07:35   #984
BHPian

Quote:
10th year of ownership seems to be bringing a lot of unforeseen expenses & issues for me, of late even bluetooth music streaming, calls etc. have stopped working(although the system connects just fine), USB already conked off sometime ago so this has restricted me to using the system in purely aux mode. The anemic rear speakers which although have been inherent to this system since the beginning too have started bothering me lately, but seeing as I can retain it for only a couple more years before the ban kicks in, I wonder if I should invest in a HU upgrade?
Why live with the issues, give it a mid life upgrade if you're thinking of keeping it for longer. You can upgrade the music system to Android HU's starting at 7k, and these will work with your audio controls as well. You can also change the seat covers, steering cover, if necessary. Some decent ones shouldn't cost more than 4 to 6k. 1 to 2k for a decent pair of speakers.

Last edited by revvharder : 7th February 2023 at 07:36.
Old 7th February 2023, 14:57   #985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvharder View Post
Why live with the issues, give it a mid life upgrade if you're thinking of keeping it for longer. You can upgrade the music system to Android HU's starting at 7k, and these will work with your audio controls as well. You can also change the seat covers, steering cover, if necessary. Some decent ones shouldn't cost more than 4 to 6k. 1 to 2k for a decent pair of speakers.
Agree with you, infact that was the plan initially. Have already upgraded to infinity components all around along with damping, but left the stock HU as it is since it served the purpose. Like I said before, there have been some expenses including some suspension work and the infamous steering rattle finally knocked my door, it's still minor so haven't got around to fixing it yet but looks like it's going to cost a bomb.

Checked out some android HU's but don't think I can live with those, have been eyeing the Pioneers for sometime but my first priority is to get everything mechanically sorted. Let's see how the finances work out for me although I do hope to retain it for the remaining permissible years.
Old 9th February 2023, 14:40   #986
BHPian

Quote:
Did you consider replacing the sensor only like vidyanand mentions in his posts above?
Yes, I did. Hyundai used to make that part available separately some years ago. But now the whole assembly had to be bought. According to the mechanic at Arodhana there were issues even after replacing one side of the hub. Even before ordering the part, he was recommending to replace both the parts. Then he realized it doesn't come separately as of now.

10 years and some parts failing is acceptable according to me. It is better than brand new vehicles breaking down on the way home after delivery.
Old 24th February 2023, 11:35   #987

Dear team, it's been almost 10 years and 1L km since I bought my i20 Asta Diesel, and has properly followed the Service schedule and replaced all parts as necessary. I have started experiencing aging issues with the car over the last couple of years. Below are some of them that I can remember which happened over the last 4 years.

1. AC plastic knobs are all broken.
2. AC evaporator leak.
3. Side view mirror motor issues.
4. Air Bag coil springs failure.
5. Clutch Rehaul done at 60K Km.
6. Power Steering motor failure happened around 30K Km.
7. Head Light bulbs replace multiple times.

Though I have had these issues, I really don't have a solid reason to move to a different car yet as I think these are usual issues that happen with any car when it ages. So instead of buying a new car, I was hoping to get the opinion from this forum on doing a refresh of my car and what components should I focus on. Appreciate if you can provide your valuable comments.

From what I have read in the forum, below are the ones that I have on my list.

1. Interior refresh (Seats and Floor mats).
2. Engine Remap - Though I'm not so sure about this, hence I would definitely need your help. I'm not looking for more power, it's just that the gear ratios in the Diesel i20 are strange and I was hoping if the remap would help make it better.
3. Should I do just detailing or full repaint?
4. Suspension replacement/upgrade.
5. Engine mount replacement - off late the vibrations have increased a lot inside the cabin.
6. Speaker upgrade - nothing fancy, just a good enough speaker system as Im sure a couple of the current speakers are gone for good.

This is what I have in my list currently. It would be a great help for you if you can suggest anything that I have missed or challenge my options. Thank you.
Old 3rd March 2023, 06:52   #988

The I20 diesel is a great car and even now i still regret buying the petrol at that time. I have also had majority of the issues in your car and have got it fixed with the current Odo reading standing at 95k kms. I would personally suggest getting all the mechanical issues sorted out like the engine mount and suspension before carrying out any modifications on the car.

Coming to modifications, the remap will be one of the best investments you can do, I don't think the gear ratios can be changed what a good remap can do is not only increase the power but also improves the drivability across the rev range. It should cost you somewhere between 25-30k from a good tuner like Wolf-Moto, Etuners etc.

A good detail improves the gloss and brings back the showroom finish to the car especially to an older car like yours which has completed a decade. I detailed my I20 and it really brought back that shiny silver. Highly recommended. First check if your car actually needs detailing and then proceed accordingly. A full repaint is up to you in case you want to change the color of the car or repaint it the same color.

The seats and floor mats are again your choice. I would recommend 7d mats in case you don't already have them.

Most of all, enjoy each and every drive.
Rohan613 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 12:53   #989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealityLemon View Post
This is what I have in my list currently. It would be a great help for you if you can suggest anything that I have missed or challenge my options. Thank you.
That seems to be a complete list. The key is to find a good workshop with right set of tools and skilled mechanics. Stick to the OEM parts as much as possible. For example - it will cost just 6k for OEM speakers (all speakers) in Boodmo. You might want to check the seats and fix if the foam is not in good shape.
Don't waste money and time on things working fine. Why Fix Something That's Not Broken? It is a great car to invest some money and keep for a few more years.
Old 9th April 2023, 19:36   #990
BHPian

Guys, I need your help.

Have recently bought a pioneer 7 inch unit, thanks to @himalidaa for the lead. The issue I'm facing right now is sourcing a commensurate 7" frame for my 2013 i20. Most shops are selling the 9/10" android frame with a adapter for 7" units. Now the end result in such a case would look very ugly and bulky with huge bezels all around. I have asked around in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore(Amazon too), but so far no success.

If any of you have any leads on where I could find such a frame, I would very much appreciate the help. I'm attaching a picture I found online for reference.

1st-gen Hyundai i20 (2008 - 2014) : Review-screenshot-20230409-193112.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks