Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2013, 21:53   #886
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Every manufacturer is trying to enter the compact sedan segment, and their higher segment models are being cannibalized, and how!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Instead Hyundai can bring a entry trim of Verna at even cheaper price point if it sees any dip in sales of Verna
Just to add. May be, Honda wants it that way and they have introduced Amaze at a right time. It is better that their own product eats in to the sales of their models, than others. Plus, once the cannibalization (whatever is left off) is complete, they might replace the city with an all new model, which might be great isn't it ?

Last edited by stringbh : 5th May 2013 at 21:55.
Old 5th May 2013, 22:15   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringbh View Post

Just to add. May be, Honda wants it that way and they have introduced Amaze at a right time. It is better that their own product eats in to the sales of their models, than others. Plus, once the cannibalization (whatever is left off) is complete, they might replace the city with an all new model, which might be great isn't it ?
City is due for all new upgrade soon in next couple of years. By that time Honda can test their diesel engine thoroughly on amaze

Besides there is no diesel Honda city as of today. So amaze petrol and Honda city have good price gap.

A genuine Honda buyer might still go for city. Amaze can never offer what city does
Old 5th May 2013, 22:36   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Looks like the success of amaze is getting on the Honda, they have started taking customers for granted.
But overall at, 6.8l for a diesel sedan with Abs, It's justified. Had the Dzire came with abs optional on Vdi, I would have bought the dzire over amaze.
When Petrol wasn't on fire (pun intended) and Honda was the no. 1; don't you recall the attitude of the sales people?
Discount? None Sir.
Wait period? Can't say, can tell when booked Sir.
Walk into the showroom in loafers, and they would run heater shelter trying to avoid you.
The DNA wouldn't have changed. It has to - top down.

Sadly, the population which seems to be a boon for our services export economy, seems to be a bane for local consumption. 'Chalta hai yaar!'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareyshaan View Post
If someone has bought a Honda recently with no complaints against the dealer and is happy with the experience please PM me, I will be grateful.
I want to buy as soon as possible.
Avoid Courtsey for sure. Prime & Ace; both were a mix bag so can't recommend any.
Have 'heard' that Gurgaon dealers are better than Noida and Delhi dealers.

Last edited by nitin.rai : 5th May 2013 at 22:40.
nitin.rai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2013, 23:29   #889
Senior - BHPian

Got a survey call from Honda for detailed customer profile and reasons to buy etc , Soon got another call from dealership where they asked if we were told about corporate discount or not .
So I think initial rush is subsiding
Old 6th May 2013, 10:43   #890
Senior - BHPian

Cancelled the booking done for Honda Amaze S Variant (Diesel) last month. After the initial rush spent a good couple of hours at the showroom observing the car for its finesse. The Dashboard is a huge let down with gaps of varying sizes. The dashboard fit and finish reminded me of Alto (Ok I might be harsh here) but then for paying 840K was expecting something really better. Engine is very noisy not sure if its due to insufficient damping material. The mind still said that it was a Honda and I could expect lesser niggles but somehow was not fully convinced.
Toyota Etios seems to be a better cry when compared to Honda Amaze.
ku69rd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 12:06   #891
BHPian

Finally seeing some news about cancellations. But I think we can not compare Toyota Etios and Honda Amaze. In my opinion former is a utilitiarian product while the latter is a nicely designed car for small families.

Regarding the dashboard panel gaps, your opinion is true. Especially the glovebox lid. Honda could have done better. Neverthless I am very happy to on Brio.
Old 6th May 2013, 12:13   #892
Senior - BHPian

One more point about the front grill and low radiator . I observed more carefully it is nearly at similar level in other cars as well but what is missing in Amaze is a honeycomb mesh in the front bumper grill. In ETIOS and liva it is nicely hidden.
Old 6th May 2013, 14:36   #893
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
One more point about the front grill and low radiator . I observed more carefully it is nearly at similar level in other cars as well but what is missing in Amaze is a honeycomb mesh in the front bumper grill. In ETIOS and liva it is nicely hidden.
I have been hearing about this low radiator related concern.
I also see people talking about the same for Ford Figo.

Is it really a huge issue/concern? We have so many Figos on the road and do we know of this being an issue? Experts in this area, could you please confirm on this?

I was waiting for Ford Ecosport launch and see how is it priced. Now, there are leaks which suggest it would be much higher than what I was expecting . So, I m more inclined towards Amaze diesel now. However, I also want to make sure that there are no apparent technical glitches with Amaze.
Old 6th May 2013, 14:51   #894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbshankar View Post
I have been hearing about this low radiator related concern.
I also see people talking about the same for Ford Figo.

Is it really a huge issue/concern? We have so many Figos on the road and do we know of this being an issue? Experts in this area, could you please confirm on this?.
As per my observation in many cars in same catagory it is at same level . Since it is exposed to naked eyes in Amaze it raises concern in first look.

They could have filled the empty space between the slits with plastic grill the fault may not functional but a cosmetic fault.
amitk26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2013, 15:00   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxTorque View Post
But I think we can not compare Toyota Etios and Honda Amaze. In my opinion former is a utilitiarian product while the latter is a nicely designed car for small families.
Mate,
Agree that Etios has higher utility in its present form. The Amaze also matches up to it equally and is probably let down by their focus to duck under the 4 M. Amaze has a good seating layout but Etios goes even better with their improved seats. The new seats on Etios (VD) are by far one of the best ones in the 8-10L segment.

Do agree to your thought process that Amaze is designed for small families as am sure that majority of Amaze owners will not require to be driven around. More of a self drive rather being driven.
Old 6th May 2013, 17:06   #896
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ku69rd View Post
Mate,
Agree that Etios has higher utility in its present form. The Amaze also matches up to it equally and is probably let down by their focus to duck under the 4 M. Amaze has a good seating layout but Etios goes even better with their improved seats. The new seats on Etios (VD) are by far one of the best ones in the 8-10L segment.

Do agree to your thought process that Amaze is designed for small families as am sure that majority of Amaze owners will not require to be driven around. More of a self drive rather being driven.
Since you mentioned that you spent a good hour checking out the Amaze, apart from the design, how would you compare the Etios and Amaze in terms of build quality, interior fit and finish, ease of entry and exit. I will need this inputs to help my cousin finalize his car purchase.
Old 6th May 2013, 17:15   #897
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Today went to ring road honda for a test drive, the attitude of the sales man there put me off. .
Agree on tht ! Here in Bangalore , Dakshin Honda has been the worst car dealership I have ever visited. I know someone who booked a Diesel VX even before the launch. No one called back after the launch. No one has called him back to tell about the delivery date ( which was promised as 2nd week of May when booking ). Put off by their attitude , we even went to cancel this booking , only to be told " we promise to call you back with all details in 2 days ". This was 2 weeks ago and till date no one has called !!
Old 6th May 2013, 17:30   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
how would you compare the Etios and Amaze in terms of build quality, interior fit and finish, ease of entry and exit. I will need this inputs to help my cousin finalize his car purchase.
The Build Quality is seemingly better on the Etios compared to the Amaze. The Rear Dickey appears to be more stronger than Amaze (both of them fail miserably when you put it up against Skoda/Fiat). Ease of entry and exit is very good in Etios where you do not have to stoop down like one does in Amaze.
Interior Fit & Finish is seemingly better in Etios with uniform gaps compared to the Amaze. Try the glovebox lid and you will understand me better.

Seats on the revised Etios are very good and welcoming. Do remember the Etios is above 4M and hence space is not a problem. Amaze will thrill you with the internal layout considering that the car is below 4M.

End of the day what tilted the decision was the maintenance. This car is primarily for Dad and am sure his running will warrant a service once a year. So that means the initial 2 years, the car will be totally maintenance free.
Old 6th May 2013, 23:02   #899
BHPian

Test drove the amaze at Magnum Honda in Bangalore. I felt the power delivery was pretty linear and it didn't really stand out as much as i expected. Space in the back is excellent and the back seat is good. Steering was nice and chunky to hold but not much feedback though. The plastics are decent but the dash looks very basic. The VMT diesel does seem overpriced at 9.5L OTR (that's what i was quoted. I didn't probe further). I was told that diesel had a 3 month waiting. The SA looked completely bored.
Flying Djinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 09:53   #900
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Djinn View Post
Test drove the amaze at Magnum Honda in Bangalore. I felt the power delivery was pretty linear and it didn't really stand out as much as i expected.
Your opinion is similar to a feedback of a disappointed fan of a superstar after watching much awaited movie. As all reviewers have been praising Honda Amaze, you might have expected a blockbuster product. That could be a reason. If you look the vehicle as a normal customer, it may make you happy.

Sales advisors will now behave like that because now lots of customers are visiting dealerships. I don't remember in which news paper I read, but Honda's marketing officials said that Honda dealerships are now forced to keep open till 10:30PM. Earlier they used to close at 08:00PM. This change happened after Amaze launch only.

Honda dealership staffs now feel like suddenly they got transferred from a Govt organization to Private organization.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks