Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:09   #1441
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ary10 View Post

But I decided to do one last test,simulating real life conditions, which I might encounter in future,if I bought the car. When the car speedometer showed that the car was cruising at about 50 kmh, I suddenly applied full brakes. The car loudly protested,jerked and jerked,squealed a lot. With this, my dream of owning Amaze simply faded. I cancelled the booking and asked for refund.
I will call this an exceptional real life condition rather than a normal real life condition. In my opinion test drive cars are meant to test normal real life conditions. Imagine everyone testing and abusing the test car like this. You didnt mention if the car stopped as per your expectation or not. Also I think you mistook the ABS kicking in for the shudder and jerkiness you experienced. This is normal when the ABS kicks in.
Old 22nd August 2013, 20:30   #1442
BHPian

I got VxMT Diesel in 25 days flat . Exactly as the sales lady had promised .
Old 22nd August 2013, 21:47   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
I got VxMT Diesel in 25 days flat . Exactly as the sales lady had promised .
Apparently this trend of quick delivery is only in Mumbai as far as I have noticed. It has been almost 2 months since I have booked my S-MT diesel in Silver, still waiting impatiently.
Old 22nd August 2013, 22:16   #1444
BHPian

Is anyone in this forum participating in the "Drive To Discover 4" conducted by Honda? For those who do not know what it is, it's a convoy of Honda Amaze diesels being from Trivandrum to Kolkata. This goes a long way in showcasing the reliability of the Amaze.

Just wanted to know if anyone from TeamBHP is participating.
Old 22nd August 2013, 23:09   #1445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ary10 View Post
But I decided to do one last test,simulating real life conditions, which I might encounter in future,if I bought the car. When the car speedometer showed that the car was cruising at about 50 kmh, I suddenly applied full brakes. The car loudly protested,jerked and jerked,squealed a lot. With this, my dream of owning Amaze simply faded. I cancelled the booking and asked for refund.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Huh?

Seriously, what were you expecting? Car will come to a dead stop in a couple of metres with no sound?

In an ABS car it will be even worse when you slam the brakes. The car will shudder, make a lot of strange noises, the pedal will try to kick back and the tyres will chirp cause of ABS kicking in.

Don't know what your trying to imply but the car did exactly which you tried to make it do.
+ 1 to what Vid states above

Honda by far has the best braking systems of the class for most of the classes of mass produced cars they make.

In fact the "Honda brakes" was one of the key factors that prompted me in my decision making process to buy the Amaze

Its really like giving a dog a bad name and then shooting it because it has a bad name

Each unto himself

Best Regards & Drive/Ride Safe

Ram
Old 24th August 2013, 09:46   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazer2013 View Post
Apparently this trend of quick delivery is only in Mumbai as far as I have noticed. It has been almost 2 months since I have booked my S-MT diesel in Silver, still waiting impatiently.
Patience wins amazer 2013. Even I was waiting for S-MT diesel (white) for the past 3 months. On tuesday, august 20th 2013, my dealer gave me a call with the most sweetest message that my car has arrived and it is ready to be delivered.

The only problem is that my bank formalities have not been completed yet and is still under process I should have got it done earlier. So, I will have to wait till Monday 26th of august 2013 and possibly I would get it delivered within 30th of this month.

Please do not do the same mistake that I did. complete your financing process as soon as possible and be ready to take delivery.

Here is some of the pics of my White horse (Amaze) in the stock yard.
Sorry for the poor picture quality and angle. It was hot as hell and the car was parked in a tight spot.

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20130823_115018.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20130823_115058.jpg

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_20130823_115038.jpg

Regards,

Guru.
amazingGuru67 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 10:27   #1447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingGuru67 View Post
Patience wins amazer 2013. Even I was waiting for S-MT diesel (white) for the past 3 months. On tuesday, august 20th 2013, my dealer gave me a call with the most sweetest message that my car has arrived and it is ready to be delivered.

The only problem is that my bank formalities have not been completed yet and is still under process I should have got it done earlier. So, I will have to wait till Monday 26th of august 2013 and possibly I would get it delivered within 30th of this month.

Please do not do the same mistake that I did. complete your financing process as soon as possible and be ready to take delivery.

Sorry for the poor picture quality and angle. It was hot as hell and the car was parked in a tight spot.

Attachment 1128464

Attachment 1128465

Attachment 1128466

Regards,

Guru.
Congrats Guru
The car looks stunning. I too have a white Amaze.
The same problem occurred with me, i had not done my financing and car had arrived at showroom. Nevertheless, be patient!
Meanwhile you could look out for some accessories.
Old 24th August 2013, 11:15   #1448
BHPian

Seat Covers ?

Have any of you fitted seat covers to your cars . I hav a quote of 7500 for original honda covers from dealers . The non fix type . If to be done outside how is the rear bench removed as the back seat is fixed ?
Old 24th August 2013, 12:20   #1449
BHPian

Re: Seat Covers ?

Quote:

Hey AmazingGuru, congrats man! Your to-be car does look superb. Make sure that the dealer gives your baby a nice wash and wax before taking delivery. I'm a detailing fan and seeing your car stand in that hot n humid outdoor in Chennai makes me cry. BTW, your pics are not helping but only making me want my car delivered sooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Congrats Guru
The same problem occurred with me, i had not done my financing and car had arrived at showroom. Nevertheless, be patient!
As for the financing, I have asked the dealer to notify me once the car is ready to be dispatched from the factory. So I'll have ample time to arrange financing. I have all documents ready and form filled up. That's how desperate I am to get my car. BTW, mine is i-DTEC 'S' Sliver. Dealer said that if I change color to white/blue, he'll be able to deliver within next 10 days. But I'm OK to wait for few more days.

Quote:
Have any of you fitted seat covers to your cars . I hav a quote of 7500 for original honda covers from dealers . The non fix type . If to be done outside how is the rear bench removed as the back seat is fixed ?
Anky, the beige stock seats look good enough. I don't think you'd want to waste money on a seat cover so soon. If you are not OK with the looks of the stock seats or if you're a fan of PU leather, I don't have anything to say. But if you are planning for seat cover just to avoid the seats from getting dirty, my suggestion is to use it as long as you want. And at a later point of time when you get bored, put a cover. That way you will get to enjoy your original seats (What you have already paid for). You can get the seats cleansed and renewed by any good detailer like 3M once a year or so - shouldn't cost you more than 1.5K (just for seats) Just my 2 cents.
amazer2013 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2013, 12:34   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Guru
The car looks stunning. I too have a white Amaze.
Meanwhile you could look out for some accessories.
Thanks skyfire, I saw some of the accessories and IMO, the prices quoted by them are too high and I would consider them worthless.

here are some of the prices quoted from the dealer.

1) seat covers - Rs 9000/-

2) Floor mats - Rs 1500/-

3) Door step illuminated cladding - Rs 7500/-

4) Center console wood finish (Plastic) - Rs 4200/-

5) Car cover - Rs 1200/-

I guess all the above accessories are either too costly or useless.

I am planning to buy 3D car mats do any of you guys know the actual cost?
Old 24th August 2013, 14:08   #1451
BHPian

Quote:
It can be done. I have also seen car covers from a dealer. He himself had an amaze and had put covers on it. Although I don't know the process of the same. The price is b/w 3500-4000. It was artificial leather.
As for me, I'll stick with the fabric for time being.
The fabric is nice, doesn't get much hot as compared to leather and has a nice touch feel.
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 08:17   #1452
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks skyfire, I saw some of the accessories and IMO, the prices quoted by them are too high and I would consider them worthless.

here are some of the prices quoted from the dealer.

1) seat covers - Rs 9000/-

2) Floor mats - Rs 1500/-

3) Door step illuminated cladding - Rs 7500/-

4) Center console wood finish (Plastic) - Rs 4200/-

5) Car cover - Rs 1200/-

I guess all the above accessories are either too costly or useless.

I am planning to buy 3D car mats do any of you guys know the actual cost?
Honda accessories are mostly costly. Only buy electronic accessories due to warranty problem.
3D mats are here
http://www.carmatsindia.com/product_...r_mats_106.htm
Cost 2400

I bought them for 1200 from a dealer. The photos are on page 95

PS: They are not "real" 3D mats. Authenticated 3D mats cost b/w 7k to 15k.
Like this: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/3d-m...m_campaign=310

They also have a signature on them. If you wish to buy one, look out for signature.

Here is dedicated forum for 3D mats
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...mium-mats.html
skyfire2892 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2013, 11:33   #1453
Senior - BHPian

Honda should have added backlit switches for the headlight leveller. You would use this switch only in the night ,right now you dunno which position it's in as its not back lit.

Same way for the PW switches.

Also , there is a "khat - khat " sound from the rear that's audible ONLY when the hand brake is on and when you alight from the drivers side. Initially I was worried that its a problem with my vehicle. The idiots at Dakshin Honda even said that they didn't do a proper PDI and hence had forgotten to check the torque on the bolts in the at suspension !!!!!

Later on ,while checking out other cars , I realised this is there in all cars.
Old 27th August 2013, 13:23   #1454
BHPian

Had first service of amaze The person from showroom came to our home, picked up the car and returned after 3 hours. Cost : Rs 0
- basic checkup
- car was washed thoroughly

Name:  ForumRunner_20130827_131440.png
Views: 4599
Size:  510.4 KB

The interiors were polished.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130827_131333.png
Views: 4724
Size:  703.0 KB

And here are some pics of parking sensors.
The feedback is nice!

Name:  ForumRunner_20130827_132236.png
Views: 3883
Size:  344.2 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130827_132030.png
Views: 3938
Size:  547.1 KB

Name:  ForumRunner_20130827_131922.png
Views: 3942
Size:  597.8 KB
Attached Images

skyfire2892 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2013, 14:16   #1455
BHPian

Quote:
Had first service of amaze The person from showroom came to our home, picked up the car and returned after 3 hours. Cost : Rs 0
- basic checkup
- car was washed thoroughly

Attachment 1129906

The interiors were polished.

Attachment 1129905

And here are some pics of parking sensors.
The feedback is nice!
Hey that's super cool..! That parking system is from Blackcat if I'm not wrong.
How much did Honda charge you for installing the parking assist?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks