Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2013, 21:10   #1921
BHPian

re: Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsatya View Post
My 13 year old zen has no underbody coating and has been used extensively in coastal areas like Mumbai and mangalore. I don't see any signs of rusting till date.

But the Amaze has a 3 M underbody coating done. I don't think this is needed. I strongly believe it's an absolute waste of money
I wish my zen would have been as lucky as yours.
Despite being in Delhi, never ever seen sea coast in her life, always washed with fresh soft water (barring sometimes at washing centers).
If I could have gone back in time and change one thing, it would have been getting my beloved zen's underbody protected by anti-rust treatment.

However I am taking it as plain bad luck and have not got my Swift Vdi underbody protected by anything other than what manufacturer did while manufacturing it.
Grr7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 00:07   #1922
BHPian

I too live in Mumbai . My 800 and alto never rusted here . I used 800 for 8 years and alto for 9 . No under body treatment done on either cars . I have not done it on my dzire or amaze .
anky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2013, 00:22   #1923
BHPian

My 2p about this whole speed limit issue.

Disclaimer: I always believe in maintaining speeds according to the road conditions, legal speed limits and the condition/type of Car i am driving.

The point to be considered here is not whether Indian roads are safe for speeds over 140 kmph rather about the inconsistency and double standards Honda has applied vis-a-vis the Honda Amaze. I just want to know if Honda genuinely wants to take a stand on speed limit then they should apply it to all models and not apply it arbitrarily and inconsistently to a particular model.

I want to ask Honda as to why they did not employ the same 140 kmph speed limit to the Honda City as well?

I want to ask Honda as to why none of their previous models since their entry in India have this 140 kmph speed limit?

Every manufacturer reserves the right to put a top speed limit on their vehicles but to apply it arbitrarily and inconsistently is something i do not think is right. Safety features like ABS [ if not Airbag] must be made mandatory in all vehicles in India in my opinion. Manufacturers must not be allowed to get away with fitting their vehicles with narrow tyres in interest of fuel efficiency. Every vehicle irrespective of the segment must undergo mandatory crash tests so that the prospective customer knows how the car he is buying is.

Coming to the speed limit of 250 employed in high end cars like BMW its a very well known and advertized facts that 250 kmph is the speed limit employed in most countries.

The point here is not whether 140 is enough or not rather it is about the consistency about the same also when the manufacturers are so callous about basic safety features like right tyres, ABS who are they trying to preach? They have employed a 140 kmph speed limit in Amaze cos they wanted to differentiate Amaze from City and not in interest of safety. Nothing wrong in that but people these days are not gullible to accept manufacturers hidden propaganda.

Last edited by needforspeed88 : 23rd December 2013 at 00:24.
Old 23rd December 2013, 11:26   #1924
BHPian

Thanks everyone for your valuable inputs on underbody treatment. I've decided not to go for the coating.
I had already said 'No' to the service executive, but still wanted everyone's opinion if it's a worthwhile investment because the SA had pushed me for it in the 1st service, then again in 2nd. So I'm pretty sure the situation will be same in all subsequent services. Should keep saying no

Last edited by amazer2013 : 23rd December 2013 at 11:30.
Old 25th December 2013, 13:15   #1925
BHPian

Just realized there is no pause or mute button in the audio system. An important but simple feature missing.

And if anyone wants to check if the security system is working or not:
1. Lock the car with driver's side window rolled down.
2. Open the boot or door with manual switch.

This should set the alarm. Read it in the manual, will check it.
Old 25th December 2013, 17:47   #1926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
And if anyone wants to check if the security system is working or not:
1. Lock the car with driver's side window rolled down.
2. Open the boot or door with manual switch.

This should set the alarm. Read it in the manual, will check it.
This does not sound alarm . I just tried it in my vxmt . I think we all need to seriously consider auto cop .
Old 25th December 2013, 17:56   #1927
BHPian

Hi friends,
Bought a lightly used amaze Vx diesel 2weeks back with just 7400 on odo.
Had a good deal.
First thing I did was the installation of Blaukpunkt LOS ANGELES 2DINwith integrated reverse camera .
Took away the mistubushi.
Installed 140w speakers in rear and 200w in front.
Surprised when I saw the company provided speakers, the one you see in auto rickshaws
Now sound quality is pretty good, but I am concerned about lack of sound proofing.... Bass easily goes out of the car :(
I had checked with the dealer regarding whether the car was periodically serviced and about insurance claims.
But the only concern after I bought the car was the dark patches on bonet which were visible only when I wash my car.
I had previously used Fiesta classic and wagon r.I have serious concern about the paint quality of Honda Amaze.
I want your opinions regarding this.
I will soon post pictures of the patches.

What's your opinion about 3M Teflon from dealer itself ??
Heard it goes off with diesel wash, and rest of. The headache arises once u face dents and painting becomes compulsory in an area.
Wanted to fit an arm rest in front because of lack of space for keeping tissue box and all.
But stayed away due to lack of quality.
Anyone found solution for this?? Not able to keep a tissue box anywhere other than the rear seats :(
sixthsense2k6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 18:16   #1928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anky View Post
This does not sound alarm . I just tried it in my vxmt . I think we all need to seriously consider auto cop .
Nothing?
Not even flashing lights?
Old 25th December 2013, 18:38   #1929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire2892 View Post
Nothing?
Not even flashing lights?
No flashing lights or any audible alarm . If you read the manual carefully you will see where immobiliser is mentioned there is an astreix there (* not available in all models ) mentioned . Yes Honda is cheap in not providing us with a full fledged security system . No I have to fit Autocop .

Last edited by anky : 25th December 2013 at 18:39.
Old 29th December 2013, 12:30   #1930
BHPian

Been in love with ATs since buying A-star last year. Decided that my next buy will be AT only. The comfort and ease of driving through traffic overscored the additional cost.

I booked a Titanium grey S AT on 13th Dec and it was delivered on 20th Dec. On road price was 8.26L. This was done through Crystal Honda, Bavdhan on NH4. This showroom has an AT for test drive unlike the other 2 showrooms in Pune (Kharadi, Pimpri). Got the CASKA HU and few other accessories. The Sales guy there Mr. Mazhar handled the entire process very smoothly. Overall good experience dealing with this showroom people.

Can't say the same with Deccan Honda at Pimpri. Had visited the showroom twice for test ride of AT but always came back with assurance that they will arrange for a AT for test ride and call back. No call came though.

Did my first long drive to Dapoli. The car handles really well. The gear change is smooth. The only time it looks confused is when going downhill. Overall enjoying the new ride.
Some pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_2392.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_2394.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_2393.jpg  

Review: 1st-gen Honda Amaze (2013)-img_2391.jpg  

bigwheelz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 12:42   #1931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post
Been in love with ATs since buying A-star last year. Decided that my next buy will be AT only. The comfort and ease of driving through traffic overscored the additional cost.

I booked a Titanium grey S AT on 13th Dec and it was delivered on 20th Dec. On road price was 8.26L. This was done through Crystal Honda, Bavdhan on NH4. This showroom has an AT for test drive unlike the other 2 showrooms in Pune (Kharadi, Pimpri). Got the CASKA HU and few other accessories. The Sales guy there Mr. Mazhar handled the entire process very smoothly. Overall good experience dealing with this showroom people.

Can't say the same with Deccan Honda at Pimpri. Had visited the showroom twice for test ride of AT but always came back with assurance that they will arrange for a AT for test ride and call back. No call came though.

Did my first long drive to Dapoli. The car handles really well. The gear change is smooth. The only time it looks confused is when going downhill. Overall enjoying the new ride.
Some pics.
Congrats on your purchase.

Do share more info and photos of the CASKA HU(also it's cost). Does it come with bluetooth?
Old 30th December 2013, 01:35   #1932
BHPian

Re: Honda Amaze: Official Review

Looking to replace the stock steel wheels on my White Amaze to after market

alloys! Suggestions please on color/ brand and any other tips on selecting alloys. Not looking to increase tyre profile!
Old 30th December 2013, 01:42   #1933

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense2k6 View Post
Anyone found solution for this?? Not able to keep a tissue box anywhere other than the rear seats :(
I used a double side tape and stuck the tissue paper box to area over the left most speaker. I don't know what that area is called
Old 30th December 2013, 08:41   #1934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream1188 View Post
Looking to replace the stock steel wheels on my White Amaze to after market

alloys! Suggestions please on color/ brand and any other tips on selecting alloys. Not looking to increase tyre profile!
See this
http://www.alloywheelsindia.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by anants_220 View Post

I used a double side tape and stuck the tissue paper box to area over the left most speaker. I don't know what that area is called
You can use anti slip pad.
Old 30th December 2013, 08:43   #1935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheelz View Post

Some pics.
Congratulations on your new prized buy. The Honda Amaze is fast becoming a popular car. The comfort of AT is certainly worth the premium driving thru' traffic.

How much did the CASKA system cost you? I had inquired about one last year for my 2012 ANHC and was quoted around INR 55K, which I thought was a bit high at that time, hence decided not to install it.

Most Viewed