Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2013, 14:44   #16
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Wow the first ownership review on the site of the Pajero Sports. Wish you many happy and safe miles with the PS.

You will never miss the Cruise Control, I have not even removed the plastic from my CC stalk on the Fortuner. CC does not work in India. You will need to export your car to another country to experience CC.

Why the black smoke, get this checked.

Great photos.
eq24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 14:51   #17
Senior - BHPian

Now that's an awesome upgrade mate! Congratulations and Wishing you all the best for your new ride.

For some reason I am unable to view the images one below the other and have to browse extensively from Left to Right, could you have that corrected or am I the only one facing this.
Maverick5490 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 15:08   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arup.misra View Post
Noticed "Sonar Off" on the instrument cluster, just under the handbrake engaged indicator. What is that for?
That's for the reverse parking sensor. It beeps during reverse and if it's off it displays that sign.. I usually keep it on but just to highlight it for the photo I kept it off.. glad you noticed :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Drive in 2 H only on tarmac, hard ground and graded track, otherwise you will damage the gear cogs of your vehicle, perhaps you have damaged it already.
Mmm.. Not sure about that.. Pajero Sport has 4 modes (2H, 4H, 4HLc, 4LLc). I never tried the last two if you're mentioning about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick5490 View Post
For some reason I am unable to view the images one below the other and have to browse extensively from Left to Right, could you have that corrected or am I the only one facing this.
The thread opens up fine for me in IE, Firefox & Chrome. Also it works fine in the iPhone App. Not sure if you're the only one facing this issue.
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 15:15   #19
Senior - BHPian

Many congratulations Satpal for the fantastic purchase.
If taken care, these beasts do really last long.
Enjoy the mighty Pajero to the fullest and post your log from time to time.

Drive safe.
Sommos is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 15:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Even 4 H is to be applied only on unpaved loose, slippery surfaces.

HLc is Central Diff lock engaged, only in off road conditions on loose sand, mud, slush and LLc is Central diff lock with Low range engaged. This also in similar condition in a tough situation.

But caution here, on a loose surface in LLc the wheels will spin, better to do it in 3 rd or 4th gear low range.

This is Mitsubishi's Super Select system. It even has options to engage a rear diff lock if the vehicle is equipped with one, in your case I think there is a rear Limited SLip differential.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 16:04   #21
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic review of a fabulous SUV! The Pajero, IMO, is the best in that price range. It beats the Endy and Fortuner in most parameters, as far as I heard.

I was lucky to check it out on the first day you brought it to work---how could I not notice when it was parked right next to my car?

Wish you many many miles of munching in it.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 16:08   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
I happily described the super select feature and while on the move shifted to 4WD and accelerated a bit and suddenly he also felt the power and told me it’s fine.. it’s fine.. let’s move back to 2WD and this with 8 people sitting in Pajero Sport.
And how exactly did the passenger 'feel' the power when you shifted to 4WD?

On dry tarmac does not 2WD give the same acceleration as 4WD? Which is why most of the performance cars come with 2WD (of course weight saving could be a major criteria).

With 4WD, would not the transmission loss of power from the engine to the 4 wheels be more compared to just 2 wheels assuming the 2 wheels have enough traction to prevent wheel spin.

Last edited by revintup : 25th July 2013 at 16:16.
Old 25th July 2013, 16:14   #23
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post

On dry tarmac does not 2WD give the same acceleration as 4WD? Which is why most of the performance cars come with 2WD.
The minute you engage 4WD you feel this extra pull, extra torque. It's very noticeable in an SUV. The minute you change from 2WD to 4WD the characteristics change which a passenger can "feel".

First time I noticed it was in Khan's Gypsy, then his Prado then a friend's Thar.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 16:17   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
Even 4 H is to be applied only on unpaved loose, slippery surfaces.
So does that mean people having all time 4wd will be damaging their gear cogs all the time? I understand about the 4HLc & 4LLc modes for special situations.. and feel good about this Super Select system which actually gives an option to choose from various modes instead of just running with one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revintup View Post

On dry tarmac does not 2WD give the same acceleration as 4WD? Which is why most of the performance cars come with 2WD.
You've to experience it yourself to know.. As soon as you shift to 4WD suddenly you'll feel that the car sticks to the ground.. may be because of the feedback/vibrations it throws up and since all four wheels are powered it takes much less effort to move forward.. so with same acceleration I feel more power in the car.

And I don't think you can feel that if you drive two different vehicles one after the other.. While driving the same vehicle at a certain speed, change it to 4wd on the fly and immediately notice that extra traction and the power it gives.
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 18:50   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
So does that mean people having all time 4wd will be damaging their gear cogs all the time? I understand about the 4HLc & 4LLc modes for special situations.. and feel good about this Super Select system which actually gives an option to choose from various modes instead of just running with one.

You've to experience it yourself to know.. As soon as you shift to 4WD suddenly you'll feel that the car sticks to the ground.. may be because of the feedback/vibrations it throws up and since all four wheels are powered it takes much less effort to move forward.. so with same acceleration I feel more power in the car.

And I don't think you can feel that if you drive two different vehicles one after the other.. While driving the same vehicle at a certain speed, change it to 4wd on the fly and immediately notice that extra traction and the power it gives.
pajero sport has a brilliant gear 4H, wherein you can drive on slippery or bad roads etc for added traction as long as you drive at speeds below 100 kmph without damaging nothing..For proper offroading on bad or no roads use 4Hlc and 4Llc with locked central differential. do not use this on tarmac..
Love your beast.
enjoy her for years and years to come. Pajero's are known to outlast their owner and are super reliable. I remember a 25 year old pajero in my family which can still kick, you know what, when offroad.
blurust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 19:12   #26
BHPian

Congrats on the acquiring the Wolf in Sheep's clothes. I had been searching the site for reviews on Pajero Sport, so your review is very helpful.

Did you get a chance to review the difference in mileage between 2WD and 4WD?

Also I noticed that you vehicle perhaps has a touch screen display? Am I correct, and did you buy the anniversary edition?

Also what was the month and year of manufacture?

Thanks for all the great pics, makes me want to upgrade my honda city.

BTW one thing is missing, you need to take it off road and share your experience
bharatbs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 19:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatbs View Post
Did you get a chance to review the difference in mileage between 2WD and 4WD?
Not thoroughly but yeah I noticed at times that the mileage drops by around 1.5-2 kmpl with 4WD

Quote:
Also I noticed that you vehicle perhaps has a touch screen display? Am I correct, and did you buy the anniversary edition?
No it's the standard console and It's not the anniversary edition as well.

Quote:
BTW one thing is missing, you need to take it off road and share your experience
Yes.. that's surely on the cards.. Will update once I do some off-roading.
Old 25th July 2013, 19:46   #28
BHPian

Satpal, that indeed was a super upgrade. In our office parking lot, I never miss a chance to pause and droll over your car. Looks smashing. The Team BHP stickers are conspicuous by their absence though

Wishing you miles and miles of happy motoring.
Klever is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 22:04   #29
BHPian

Congrats on the amazing buy! That is one hell of a beast you have got there. Quick question: I didn't see a mention of the Ssangyong Rexton in there. What was the reason?
Congrats again on that giant leap.
Cheers!
Batfreak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2013, 22:31   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfreak View Post
Quick question: I didn't see a mention of the Ssangyong Rexton in there. What was the reason?
Just a personal thing.. I was not too keen on Mahindra

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks