Old 27th July 2013, 13:14   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Sawyer, long time.

OT: What do you drive these days?
Indeed.

I exchanged my Pajero SFX for a new Gypsy, a hatchback for the wife and a fixed deposit. I use the Gypsy almost all the time, except for 2 months in Pune summers, because other than better tyres, the soft top Gypsy is in stock form for reliability. Brilliant car even in Pune traffic, where I can drive without any worries about other traffic, that keeps a safe distance.

And to complement the Gypsy for city use, I have just booked a 2013 Nano. Perfect city runabout, now that Tata has debugged it fully.

My only issue with the Pajero was parking troubles, and things have just gotten worse since the time I had it. And for all its size, only 4 people could sit in it comfortably. But in all other respects, it was a fantastic car.
Sawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2013, 21:16   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Check out the video of the Pajero Sport & LR D4s attempt
That's one great video, thanks for sharing Karan

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
There is a lot happening here with TBHPians Hyderabad. Check out this thread:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/team-b...2013-a-34.html

And please do join the meet if you can and display your mighty beast to our fellow BHPians.
I would love to.. but maybe sometime in future.. I already have some personal commitment that weekend. Thanks for the invite though.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 9th August 2013 at 07:30. Reason: removing video link from the quote
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 17:23   #63
BHPian

HEART IN MOUTH EVENT - HYDERABAD
Just came back from 'heart in mouth' event at hyderabad organized by Mitsubishi for Pajero owners. This was our first off-road excursion as such with Pajero Sport where we experienced different types of obstacles all at one place. The overall experience was great.

In the track we experienced descent/ascent, water & slush, just water, articulation & side incline, steep incline and rocks. We just had to follow the queue and there was nobody from the crew sitting in our vehicle, so basically we crossed these obstacles on our own. Only tip we got was on which mode to use at which obstacle. This actually created more excitement because we had to do everything else on our own.

Pajero Sport performed very well in all the obstacles and with our first hand experience driving through all of them, it gave us more confidence on what it can do. My wife was a bit scared at times maybe because she was not on the steering wheel and couldn’t feel the control/confidence Pajero Sport gives to the driver.

While going through water & slush we stuck for a while, reversed it and then went through fine. I think it was for good that we stuck there, at least we got a practical experience on how to move out of that situation. I tried accelerating for a while but that’s the thing I should not do because the vehicle will start to digg more at the same place which I quickly learned, so I reversed it a bit and then got out in a flow.

There were lots of camera men and media people there shooting every move of all the vehicles so we’ll get to see more photos or videos when they’ll publish them. Since we’re mostly into experiencing the whole track so we clicked only a few pics that too whenever we were waiting in between the obstacles. Here are some of those pics:

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-him1.jpgMitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-him2.jpgMitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-him3.jpgMitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-him4.jpgMitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-him5.jpg
satpalsharma is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th July 2013, 11:04   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The biggest drawback however, is that this unit now takes the place of the older MFD unit and hence the Pajero Sports now loses its MFD with its altimeter, barometer, compass, fuel consumption and outside temparature readings, in other words the complete Mitsubishi experience.
I asked this specific question to few Mitsubishi officials I met during the Heart in Mouth event. They said that it was not looking good when we put it at the bottom so that's why the company didn't put it by default because of aesthetic reasons. But it'll be available as an accessory to those who want to put it. When I asked the cost they told me it should be around 15,000/-.

I also saw the latest changes they made in the anniversary edition which they've put there on display. Earlier buyers, like me, can get all those accessories installed at around 74,000/-. I'm not particularly interested in all of the accessories but I do ask the price for the double din system which they said around 55,000/- and the rear spoiler on top which they said of around 9,000/-
Old 31st July 2013, 22:51   #65
BHPian

Why does the front grill keep reminding me of Darth Vader?
But I like it. It exudes a strong sense of character that is so characteristic of all Mitsubishi models.
Chewbacca is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 13:01   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Ahmad Ali View Post
Yeah but this probably has Map my India ? I am not sure on that but it's developed with kenwood. One of the things earlier holding me back was the system. A lot of people put the existing info system where the music system is and put a touchscreen on top . I was worried of the fit and finish and warranty. With the new system atleast I don't have to worry on those issues.
Yup that system is using Mapmyindia maps. And they're no longer providing the original info system anymore with the anniversary edition and that information is not provided through the new kenwood system. In case somebody wants it they can install it as an accessory later on.

I'm more inclined on using Google Maps if I possibly can. I heard there is one system Pioneer makes by the name of AppRadio 3 which support smartphone linking. So you can plug your iPhone with it and share apps & media on the dashboard screen. Not sure how good it is.. will try to explore in that area.
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:37   #67
BHPian

Congrats on the great buy. I have been using the Pajero Sport for 7 months. A great SUV. good offroader. Have done light offroading a few times. planning to go into thhe jungles this sunday.
my experience with the car has been good so far. been getting about 9.5 kmpl in mixed conditions and about 10.5 on the highways (all the people driving it have a heavy foot, considering that its good)
Wish mitsubishi does the heart in mouth event in indore as well.
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 18:37   #68
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post

Yup that system is using Mapmyindia maps. And they're no longer providing the original info system anymore with the anniversary edition and that information is not provided through the new kenwood system. In case somebody wants it they can install it as an accessory later on.

I'm more inclined on using Google Maps if I possibly can. I heard there is one system Pioneer makes by the name of AppRadio 3 which support smartphone linking. So you can plug your iPhone with it and share apps & media on the dashboard screen. Not sure how good it is.. will try to explore in that area.
That is plain and simple sad I agree. Right from the Pajero Glxs we've had to the Montero all had the Altimeter and incline angle and temperature etc . But if this one doesn't have it it's not a good decision taken by them. Probably it's the fortuner competition that's getting them to take these decisions ! Ohhh keep us posted on the system and you're thinking of shifting the existing system down ? If so please take pictures of the process ?
Best wishes
Imran
Old 3rd August 2013, 01:29   #69

Congratz for the super upgrade and many thanks for sharing the interior/exterior photos. I am also dreaming of owning this vehicle for long and Insha Allah, the dream may fulfilled in 2-3 months.

Some doubts: In Carwale.com the On road price was calculated as 27,71,000 (23,24,572 Ex + 3,60,686 RTO (Kerala) + 85,779 as insurance). But in your case, it is over 28 Lac and the insurance amount is much higher. Is there anything special in this insurance? Did you get any discounts from this price? Also, was there any exchange bonus available?

Quote:
Is it really so? I saw a video in youtube which shows the interior of the anniversary edition and a glimpse of the touch screen. If it can be believed, all the MID is there - even more brilliant than the old MID. Please see the pics I captured from the video.

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-screenshot_03_08_13_12_47_am.png

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-screenshot_03_08_13_12_48_am.png

The video is available below

Can anyone please confirm ?
hafees is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2013, 14:20   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafees View Post
Is there anything special in this insurance? Did you get any discounts from this price? Also, was there any exchange bonus available?
You can expect around 35k discount on insurance and around 15k on handling & logistics. I think this is one thing which differs from dealer to dealer. So its better you check with your local dealer for the same.

They do offer exchange programs as well from time to time and the offer on that is generally given after valuation of your old vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafees View Post
Is it really so? I saw a video in Youtube which shows the interior of the anniversary edition and a glimpse of the touch screen. If it can be believed, all the MID is there - even more brilliant than the old MID. Please see the pics I captured from the video.
The video which you saw is incorrect. The actual system they are providing is Kenwood which 'i think' doesn't have the MID. And the rear view camera is inserted in the system only and not the rear view mirror as shown in the video.

Here's the photo of that system.

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-image1930052460.jpg

See Mitsubishi's site for more details:
http://www.pajerosport.in/new_features.html
Old 9th August 2013, 00:39   #71

Congrats on your purchase. Happy to read your ownership experience so far, considering I am in the market for an SUV and have been toying with the idea of getting the Pajero Sport. Quick question - how are me headlights on the vehicle are they halogens?

Look forward to reading more about the PS experience.
knganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2013, 17:21   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knganapathy View Post
how are me headlights on the vehicle are they halogens?
Yes. They are Projector type Halogen Headlamp with Leveling.
Old 9th August 2013, 18:20   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Congrats Satpal. I only wish Mitsubishi would get more realistic with their pricing.

Quote:
So does that mean people having all time 4wd will be damaging their gear cogs all the time?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Not true. Indeed, .
Sawyer is absolutely correct. Super Select 4WD system can be run in 4H without any damage to 4WD System. Just don't use 4H with center diff locked or 4L with center diff locked in dry/hard roads.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 22:10   #74
BHPian

Test drove the Pajero Sport and Fortuner back to back just day before, and the Pajero shines in most aspects.
I went to a dealership close to my place ad was offered a test drive at once though next day because it was already around 6 o'clock and their TD car was at their service centre.

Their senior sales manager accompanied me for the TD, along with a showroom sales guy. He was completely acquaint with the vehicle and he drove like a rally pro at a secluded and empty road, the car has brilliant handling characteristics and sticks to the road like leech! Braking was good too! The TD car was around 10k kms old but zero signs of wear.

Next it was my turn to drive, i am pretty used to a towering driving position because i own a scorpio but this is another league all together.
Brilliant, responsive engine, excellent visibility, tight braking, i did test the handling extensively and the car never feels out of control. Ride is way way better than the Fortuner IMHO. The transfer case is a joy to use and is smoother than most transfer cases i have experienced ( in the Gypsy, Fortuner, Thar and a few earlier Mahindra Jeeps!)
Unlike most i didnt really notice a difference when i shifted to 4H from 2WD mode on smooth tarmac.

The SUV is priced decently, a few offers are there too. The sales guy took me to their service centre too, its decently equipped though not huge but good enough for the number of Mitsubishis on road( my city has another bigger, older service centre!). I also test drove the Cedia, though discontinued now and has spartan interiors, the car is a complete hoot to drive! But thats for another thread.

Now the Fortuner, after the Pajero, the only thing that made me drive to the Toyota dealership is the way the Fortuner looks and the fact that the Toyota dealership is just about 300 mts from home.

Decent car, strong built, light clutch, good looks, the brand Toyota! Thats where the advantages of the Fortuner over the Pajero end!

The TD car was a manual 2WD, the sales guy was pretty over confident about the Fortuner. He has reasons too! He told me "Sir Fortuner ki batich alag hai!" And thats when he got busy on the phone and i got busy driving, the TD was just about 2 kms long where as i lost count of the kms i did in the Pajero.

It was a 17k kms old car and visibly worn out because of frequent TDs i think, the powered seat motor was making a weird weird noise.
The engine is more responsive than the Pajero, clutch and steering is lighter but comparatively low on feel.

The ride was not to my liking, every little patch or marker on the road could be felt and felt very well (this is where the Pajero shines!). I couldn't test the handling though i dont think it will be as good as the Pajero.

Though the Fortuner is really nice SUV but my money is definitely on the Pajero Sport.

Test drove the XUV too but that car doesn't deserve to be mentioned with these two. It belongs to a different set of customers i suppose! I need a reliable and strong SUV not something thats cuts on quality in the name of being value for money, no intentions of offending XUV owners, its a successful vehicle but didnt cut it for me.
599gto is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th August 2013, 22:28   #75
BHPian

Quote:
HEART IN MOUTH EVENT - HYDERABAD
Just came back from 'heart in mouth' event at hyderabad organized by Mitsubishi for Pajero owners. This was our first off-road excursion as such with Pajero Sport where we experienced different types of obstacles all at one place. The overall experience was great.

There were lots of camera men and media people there shooting every move of all the vehicles so we’ll get to see more photos or videos when they’ll publish them.
And here's the video published by Mitsubishi of that Heart in Mouth event that we attended earlier...
satpalsharma is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks