Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2015, 13:18   #211
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by V12Doc View Post
I own a Pajero sport so wanted to share a few things
1. What is the average fuel consumption on driving at speeds above 80. For me its around 17kmpl at 70 and at 100 it drops down to 10. Such a drastic difference. Do you experience the same?

2. The car is difficult to drive in rain. With difficult i mean a disaster. Going to some good size puddles which are easy to find in India the water is pushed both forwards and onto windshield instead of dissipating the to sides at speed over 40 and if its on a highway then its like getting ready for a disaster.
I believe point 1 holds true for most vehicles. In my 4WD S10, I get close to 14+ FE if I am sticking between 80-90kmph. The moment I sustain speeds close to 100 or 100+ (just nudging above 100) I get poor FE.

I believe aerodynamics, engine size plays a big role in this. And in a diesel, try to stick to 2,000 revs while cruising, above that, it will start gulping instead of sipping.

Point 2 held good for the earlier gen Scorpio as well. Unsure about new Scorpio/Fortuner or Pajero Sport, but the SFX didn't have this issue. Safari too doesn't have this issue.
Old 18th February 2015, 17:20   #212
BHPian

Quote:
I own a Pajero sport so wanted to share a few things
1. What is the average fuel consumption on driving at speeds above 80. For me its around 17kmpl at 70 and at 100 it drops down to 10. Such a drastic difference. Do you experience the same?

2. The car is difficult to drive in rain. With difficult i mean a disaster. Going to some good size puddles which are easy to find in India the water is pushed both forwards and onto windshield instead of dissipating the to sides at speed over 40 and if its on a highway then its like getting ready for a disaster.

3. There are rattles and creaking inside the dashboard

4. The Turbo Lag is annoying
1. Last I checked, I was getting around 13 kmpl at 100 which drops down to 8-10 kmpl for speed over 140

2. I haven't experienced any heavy stagnant water but putting the vehicle to 4wd from 2wd really make the difference during rain and results in better grip

3. No rattles and creaking noticed. The passenger side window makes some swooshing noise when go above 100 but this is handled by opening it just a bit.. May be some gap causing the air at high speed to enter and through that sound.

4. Turbo lag is annoying at first but you get used to it after driving it for a while.
Old 18th February 2015, 17:32   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
1. Last I checked, I was getting around 13 kmpl at 100 which drops down to 8-10 kmpl for speed over 140

2. I haven't experienced any heavy stagnant water but putting the vehicle to 4wd from 2wd really make the difference during rain and results in better grip

3. No rattles and creaking noticed. The passenger side window makes some swooshing noise when go above 100 but this is handled by opening it just a bit.. May be some gap causing the air at high speed to enter and through that sound.

4. Turbo lag is annoying at first but you get used to it after driving it for a while.
About the fuel efficiency the efficiency actually increases near 140 look at instantaneous mileage at 100 and estimate it it works out to be around 10 in mid. 13 is what I get at 80
Old 19th February 2015, 17:31   #214
BHPian

Quote:
About the fuel efficiency the efficiency actually increases near 140 look at instantaneous mileage at 100 and estimate it it works out to be around 10 in mid. 13 is what I get at 80
I checked mine during a 350-400km stretch. Got 8kmpl when I drove around/over 140. While coming back on the same stretch
when drove at around 100 I got 13kmpl
Old 8th March 2015, 15:30   #215
BHPian

He he, I have never managed to get more than 10 under any circumstances. Though 7-8 kmpl i manage very easily.

'I am arguably one of the worst drivers' is something I always nursed as doubt. Hence confirmed!
Old 14th March 2015, 01:48   #216
BHPian

Thats more like my brother talking! I am the only one who can manager over 10 from pajero in the family. everyone else barely get 6. We have good drivers in the family
Old 15th March 2015, 13:34   #217
BHPian

Hi,
I have clocked 80k on my 4wd PS.
I drive very fast on any given stretch.
Mine has never given me even 10 kmpl.
It's always 8 - 9.5, also depends on where you get your fuel.
I did an in depth analysis at different speeds.

As for the water coming onto the windscreen , I am yet to see a vehicle which doesn't do that and the pajero sport is no exception.

No rattles at all in the dashboard in mine.

Turbo lag very easy to get used to.
Old 6th May 2015, 17:12   #218
BHPian

Long time no post :P .. stuck up in life bit lately. Got my regular service done couple of weeks ago and here's the update

5th Service | 40,000 kms or 24 months | ₹ 20,647/-
Done with my 5th Service. Dropped in the morning, picked up in the evening. I didn't have any complaints on the vehicle from my side. Did the usual checkup and changed these items:
- Engine Oil (Synthetic)
- Oil Filter
- Windscreen Wash Fluid
- Fuel Filter
- Element, Air Cleaner
- Coolant
- Brake Fluid
- Wheel Alignment and Balancing

This was the second paid service. Out of the total cost mentioned above, the labor cost for this paid service amounts to ₹ 4,356/-

Last edited by satpalsharma : 6th May 2015 at 17:13. Reason: minor update
satpalsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 00:32   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
5th Service | 40,000 kms or 24 months | ₹ 20,647/-
Sir, could you kindly provide a detailed breakdown on your service bill. Rs. 20k sounds like an awfully high bill to me.

Also you'll pardon my comparison to the Fortuner here, but our good ol' General (RIP) reported that his cost at the same point cost Rs. 7265 in 2013 inclusive of all that you mentioned above. Even adjusting that figure for inflation i don't think the total would exceed Rs. 10k.

Does this imply that the Pajero Sport is heavier on the wallet as compared to the Fortuner? I know there are plenty of excellent comparison threads between the two, perhaps the addition of life-cycle costs might be a great parameter to throw into the mix.
shady_lawyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 11:37   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post
Sir, could you kindly provide a detailed breakdown on your service bill. Rs. 20k sounds like an awfully high bill to me.

Also you'll pardon my comparison to the Fortuner here, but our good ol' General (RIP) reported that his cost at the same point cost Rs. 7265 in 2013 inclusive of all that you mentioned above. Even adjusting that figure for inflation i don't think the total would exceed Rs. 10k.

Does this imply that the Pajero Sport is heavier on the wallet as compared to the Fortuner? I know there are plenty of excellent comparison threads between the two, perhaps the addition of life-cycle costs might be a great parameter to throw into the mix.
There would be some additional cost for the synthetic oil. Apart from that, yes, the normal opex for a Fortuner is better than for other vehicles in its class (4WD, body on frame).
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 18:09   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady_lawyer View Post

Here's the bill snapshot:
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-imageuploadedbyteambhp1431261552.868035.jpg
satpalsharma is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 14:10   #222
BHPian

I changed the tyres on my Pajero sport some days back at 62500 kms. Came with Apollo Hawks AT but now i have gone in for Michelin Latitude Cross.

So far we've done about 1500 kms on the new tyres. They are extremely silent. Can hardly hear the road, just the engine and the wind can be heard. Grip is good. Steering feels smoother. Havent taken the new tyres offroad yet but people say they are good.
Old 2nd September 2015, 19:07   #223
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
I changed the tyres on my Pajero sport some days back at 62500 kms. Came with Apollo Hawks AT but now i have gone in for Michelin Latitude Cross.
How is the truck behaving at 63k kms? What have been your maintenance costs till date?

How has been the service experience so far? A few photos would be great too.
Old 3rd September 2015, 03:47   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
How is the truck behaving at 63k kms? What have been your maintenance costs till date?

How has been the service experience so far? A few photos would be great too.
Behaving really well i must say. A few rattles from the windows. But that will be fixed. The confidence on the highways is as good as always.
Got us podium finishes in 2 TSD rallies.

Service while at the earlier dealer was horrible. But the new dealer Pahwa Mitsubishi at Indore is very good. They try to do as much as they possibly can.

Service cost at 60k was approx 18000. Other than that the brake pads have been changed twice. Total approx 30k if i remember correctly.

Picture recieving the prize is of my father and me. In the rallies he drives and I navigate.

Some pictures:
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_20141014_170653.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_20141014_214512.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_20141221_183101.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_20150419_235045.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-1424190688979.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_160659548375381.jpeg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_28690885496613.jpeg  

abhinavsureka is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2015, 10:05   #225
BANNED

Quote:
Got us podium finishes in 2 TSD rallies.
Well, that is in its DNA.

But feels nice to see a stock vehicle getting trophies. Any modifications planned as yet?
Quote:
Service while at the earlier dealer was horrible. But the new dealer Pahwa Mitsubishi at Indore is very good.
That is nice to know. Dealers are indeed inconsistent in terms of service quality and costs.

What is the FE you get on the highways and at what speeds?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks