Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2015, 11:25   #226
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Well, that is in its DNA.

But feels nice to see a stock vehicle getting trophies. Any modifications planned as yet?

That is nice to know. Dealers are indeed inconsistent in terms of service quality and costs.

What is the FE you get on the highways and at what speeds?
The rallies have been 1 and 2 day rallies. But all with fmsci associated clubs. No modification done yet or planned in the near future.

Costs i feel are high but same as the previous dealer. There's peace of mind now which wasnt there earlier.

Best I've got so far is about 11.5 on the highway at speeds of upto 120 kmph. Normally cruising between 100-110. Worst so far with city and a bit of highway combined was 9.5
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 00:04   #227
BHPian

hi
have been just busy with life...

Kms done 94000 Kms.

Problems:-
Had a jammed radiator. Ended up stopping every 45 kms (basically every time I would see the temp gauge move i'd fill it with water) on my way to Delhi. Will not name the dealership in Delhi who tried to tell me (typical like the hospitals) that i had a problem with the head etc and quoted me a repair estimate of close to 35k and leaving the vehicle for 4 days.

I returned home (it rained all the way hence pits stops were at every 110kms).

Got a local mechanic to open it and flush the radiator etc. And its working great ever since. So please do take second opinions when visiting dealerships.

Have been using the "non dealer" brake pads but they have been getting bald pretty fast.

I almost forgot to mention, on a trip to Delhi i must have been at 90 kms/hr and a out of control safari out of the blue came close from behind he had lost control over one of the bumps in a dip in the road, and hit me hard at the left side back. Usually a hit in that portion (in movies) usually send the car that has been hit toppling and this car did not flinch. I was really impressed. to cut the story short i let it pass as when i stopped the kid driving was shaking and so were his parents and kids. Got the car repaired luckily not too much damage.

Other than that everything is running well have not had a chance to complain.

its been 3 years, has anyone upgraded the filters, shockers , re-tuned their engines if yes do share the details.
daebis is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 07:51   #228
BHPian

I saw a Pajero Sport today. It was fitted with rear drum brakes. Since when did that happen ? That was one of their USP !
Old 8th September 2015, 11:11   #229
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
Kms done 94000 Kms.
Congrats, you would be the first Pajero Sport to hit the big number here..!!

Quote:
So please do take second opinions when visiting dealerships.
Absolutely. In fact, post warranty, I see no point in going to an ASC at all unless one is forced to.

Quote:
Have been using the "non dealer" brake pads but they have been getting bald pretty fast.
Which brand? How soon do they wear out? Are you a fast driver?

Quote:
Got the car repaired luckily not too much damage.
That is good to know. Any photos?

There are quite a few PS owners I know who have upgraded their suspension, filters and have put diff locks but am yet to meet someone who has re-tuned their ECU.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2015, 14:29   #230
BHPian

Sorry for Hijacking threads, first Anshuma's and now Satpal's
But its you guys who had me jump for a PS

Small updates from my end :
Completed first 1000 Kms run arnd 20th Aug. First service was carried out at Vivek Motors Gbz, without any issues. and zero bill.

Took the PS for a 1700 kms run Delhi-Shimla-Kaza-Chandartal-Manali-Delhi post that . Since above was completed in 4 days the car was driven for long hrs on the run.

Have to admit the vehicle performed exceptionally across the terrain.
Only complaints being of RLHS Break pad giving hissing sound going in the hills for 4-5 hrs continuous run. Solution to it was to pour spring water on the disc , leading to vapors and finally cooling and steering audio control acting funny.
The Kaza -Chandertal-Manali section is a riverbed to drive on and apart from some minor sections requiring 4x4 rest all were done easily in 2 Wheel drive . Yes the low end grunt need adjustment to driving style , however once in power band the vehicle roars. FE was arnd 8.5 in mountains and 11 on highways.
Max Alt 15060 Ft i.e. Kunzum La
Thanx again to all the inputs , loved it all the more among the mountains.

Pls change the quality of the video !

Cheers
Kartik
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-dsc_0047.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-dsc_0067.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-dsc_0094.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-dsc_0332.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-dsc_0433.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_1094.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_1205.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_1449.jpg  

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-img_1529.jpg  

kartik.virmani is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 23:52   #231
BHPian

awesome pictures, the car looks absolutely at home...specially the last photograph. And Congrats.
Old 6th October 2015, 23:58   #232
BHPian

Congrats, you would be the first Pajero Sport to hit the big number here..!!

Thanks.

Which brand? How soon do they wear out? Are you a fast driver?

Have been using non-dealer since 45000 Kms.
The dealer brands do tend to last longer but not to the degree of price difference.
I buy mine from Sood in Khan market, last i remembered was 2770 +1700 , but i found a cheaper place in karol bagh i think they are saini autos, they lasted same as khan market were a bit different but were cheaper.

But last change i had was at the place at 93000 kms from Namdharris in Punjab, they gave me their own and have said will be better than the ones i have been using.

That is good to know. Any photos?

Photos of ?

There are quite a few PS owners I know who have upgraded their suspension, filters and have put diff locks but am yet to meet someone who has re-tuned their ECU.

Has the suspension change made a big difference.

The music system upgrade that i did is fantastic.
Old 12th November 2015, 22:56   #233

I own a pre owned pajero sports 2012.

Upgardes done so far
Racedynamics dual box : there is substantial gain in torque and power which is very noticeable.
K&N air filter.
ARB : old man emu suspension : height increased by 2 inches- less of body roll - good at cornering - bounce is good.
Tires : yomohama A/T
Exhaust : replaced muffler with magna flow and entire exhaust system made of 304 grade stainless steel pipes with dia of 2.5 inches + magnaflow end tip.
Old 13th November 2015, 13:54   #234
BANNED

Quote:
Photos of ?
Photos of the damage caused due to the accident/s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkazi View Post
ARB : old man emu suspension : height increased by 2 inches- less of body roll - good at cornering - bounce is good.
Is the 2" lift a part of the suspension or did you opt for it separately?
Also, what did the RD Tuning box cost you?
Old 13th November 2015, 14:09   #235

Its part of the suspension
Nothing needs to be done.

There are quiet a few opts available in the market as well
Old 15th November 2015, 17:09   #236

Music system installed in my pre owned 2012 pajero sports

Head unit : Kenwood BT 9930- 7 inches touch screen.
Front speakers : German Maestro : status series - 2 way components - 6.5 inches.
Rear speakers : Morel virtu - 2 way components -6.5 inches.
Subwoofer : 10 inches - Morel ultimo .
Amplifier : JL audio : 6 channel amplifer : powering the 4 speakers.
Pioneer mono block amp to power the subwoofer : GM D9601.
mkazi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 23:31   #237
BHPian

I have a rather basic question friends, how does the Pajero Sport AT compare to a 4x4 MT as far as negotiating slush, streams and generally offroading.
I was told by the dealer at Dimapur that the AT has a sports mode which is as good as 4x4 or AWD, is that true? How does the sports mode in AT compare to the 4x4 in MT model for difficult terrain.
Old 15th March 2016, 07:00   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
I have a rather basic question friends, how does the Pajero Sport AT compare to a 4x4 MT as far as negotiating slush, streams and generally offroading.
I was told by the dealer at Dimapur that the AT has a sports mode which is as good as 4x4 or AWD, is that true? How does the sports mode in AT compare to the 4x4 in MT model for difficult terrain.
Haha! That's totally baseless what your dealer has been telling you. As far as I know, the sports mode is nothing but the 'S' mode on the gear lever that hold the gears for a little longer letting you revv the engine more. It's nothing like or not even close to the 4X4 system of the Pajero.

P.S- there were news from Mitsubishi somewhere that a 4X4 AT has also been launched. Why don't you check out the same if you need an AT with 4X4 and if it's available.

EDIT- Just checked on Mitsubishi website, the sports mode is the tiptronic function of the gearbox, that is, it is like a manual mode where you can change the gears yourself.

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 15th March 2016 at 07:08.
shreyak_ss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 09:32   #239
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
Well, what the dealer told you was a lie. There can be no comparison between a 2WD and a 4WD of the same vehicle since the 4WD will always have a distinct advantage over the 2WD.

Having said that, a 2WD can go through some slush, wade small streams and go on bad to very bad roads as well if the driver is skilled. Look at all the Sumo taxis in your area and Kashmir and HP. They are all battered 2WDs and traverse the hills laden with passengers and luggage. Here are 2 videos which will help you get a rough idea of what a 2WD can do with a capable driver.

Also, there is no AT 4WD Pajero Sport available or planned for the near future.

The Pajero Sport, with is higher ground clearance, bigger tires and better torque can do a lot more than this. Here is a point of reference.

n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 14:58   #240

Hi devdath, I too own the beast. 6000km six month relationship with it. I want to install the cruise control in my pajero sport . Tried to pm you but couldn't as I'm a newbie and do not have the rights. Please pm me if you can help. I reside in new bombay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks