Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2014, 13:26   #136
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

People like their cars clean but there is also fun in getting it really dirty

This weekend I attended an off-roading boot camp organised by Pride Mitsubishi dealer in Hyderabad for Mitsubishi vehicles in association with Charminar Off road adventure club. I don't have much of the pics since I was busy driving the vehicle.. I'm waiting for the organizers to publish the pics and videos they clicked.

Here's one for your viewing pleasure:

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-pajju.jpg

Last edited by satpalsharma : 2nd September 2014 at 13:27. Reason: Minor Correction
satpalsharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 14:38   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshuman_v View Post
Satpal, Devnath, Sharpshooter - good to see the Pajero Sport fraternity growing in Bangalore. I am currently in the same boat - Paj or T Fort. This thread is useful in indicating the service costs and a longer term ownership in terms of any issues, niggles. For me - heart says Paj, mind says T Fort. Lets see which one wins
Welcome here and take your time.. depends on whether you think of it as owning an Asset or as a Marriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
People like their cars clean but there is also fun in getting it really dirty

This weekend I attended an off-roading boot camp organised by Pride Mitsubishi dealer in Hyderabad for Mitsubishi vehicles in association with Charminar Off road adventure club. I don't have much of the pics since I was busy driving the vehicle.. I'm waiting for the organizers to publish the pics and videos they clicked.

Here's one for your viewing pleasure:

Attachment 1282033
way to go

Last edited by sh@rpshooter : 2nd September 2014 at 14:47.
sh@rpshooter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 18:35   #138
BHPian

That is one big dilemma which one undergoes with the choices oscillating between Pajero and Fortuner.

I myself am an avid Mitsubishi fan and have not faced the problem of getting it serviced. I've got my Cedia serviced at Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Indore and Hyderabad. The staff is courteous and the quality of servicing is good. The product from Mitsubishi itself is so good and agronomical that it is a joy owning and using it with pride.

The only sore point is that the cost of accidental spares is much higher as compared to other brands.

I wish we could get a comparison of prices of various spares of different brands including the accidental ones for our convenience.
Old 2nd September 2014, 19:13   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
depends on whether you think of it as owning an Asset or as a Marriage
Will you prefer a Beautiful Girl or an Intelligent

Quote:
I myself am an avid Mitsubishi fan and have not faced the problem of getting it serviced. I've got my Cedia serviced at Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Indore and Hyderabad. The staff is courteous and the quality of servicing is good.
I can say you are plain lucky - I had such a bad experience with their erstwhile dealer in Gurgaon & then at Mohali that I sold my SFX in less then 2 Years . What do you do when Dealer puts fake Belts & Brakes ? No idea what else did they changed .

If anything is to run on Road and needs periodic maintenance and maybe some accidental repairs its very important to get associated with a brand on which you can trust . I recently picked a 1 1/2 year old Petrol Innova from a Toyota Dealer without any second thoughts - would I have picked a similar Skoda / VW or Mitsubishi - Nope , Never . Who knows how many parts these dealers might have changed from unsold cars .

Toyota's costs of ownership are lowest worldwide & Fortuner is a great SUV , ofcourse we can't get everything in one car but after ownership of so many Toyota's and couple of Mitsubishi's I can suggest Fortuner to everyone .

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd September 2014 at 19:20.
Turbanator is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2014, 20:42   #140
BHPian

I just now did a pune Mumbai trip in the middle seat of a fortuner. It was a horrible experience and I have requested that I only get an innova the next time. That is so far better at half the price that it's not funny !

The only person who has fun in a fortuner seems to be the driver.. more of a MISfortuner for others :(

There is no doubt on the value for money of the fortuner and a 4x4 would be great for 2 . But as a stock 7 seater it is a miserable choice at that price. The pajero.sports is far superior.
While my experience at bangalore has been good I do understand it is dealer specific ..and if I had that problem may have gone for a fortuner only with Tien suspensions despite its 25 mm reduction in road clearance.

Last edited by sh@rpshooter : 2nd September 2014 at 20:49.
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:23   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I can say you are plain lucky - I had such a bad experience with their erstwhile dealer in Gurgaon & then at Mohali that I sold my SFX in less then 2 Years . What do you do when Dealer puts fake Belts & Brakes ? No idea what else did they changed .

If anything is to run on Road and needs periodic maintenance and maybe some accidental repairs its very important to get associated with a brand on which you can trust . I recently picked a 1 1/2 year old Petrol Innova from a Toyota Dealer without any second thoughts - would I have picked a similar Skoda / VW or Mitsubishi - Nope , Never . Who knows how many parts these dealers might have changed from unsold cars .

Toyota's costs of ownership are lowest worldwide & Fortuner is a great SUV , ofcourse we can't get everything in one car but after ownership of so many Toyota's and couple of Mitsubishi's I can suggest Fortuner to everyone .
Lucky..? I wouldn't know about that. I had the brake pads replaced at the Hyderabad dealership. The pads might be fake, but they are working at par with the originals! I did not check the make or brand of the same, but they work fine. It is sad that things did not work out for you on such a legendary vehicle.

I read about the petrol Innova you picked up. That seems to be a very wise and logical decision in the backdrop of the calculation you carried out between the petrol and the diesel vehicle.

I would still appreciate if we could get the comparison of prices of various spares of different brands including the accidental ones for our convenience.
Old 2nd September 2014, 21:52   #142
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
middle seat of a fortuner. It was a horrible experience and I have requested that I only get an innova the next time
Yes ,its a pain but since I started keeping 30 Psi its more bearable specially in front seat.

Quote:
Tien suspensions despite its 25 mm reduction in road clearance.
Are you sure on this ?

Quote:
The pads might be fake, but they are working at par with the originals!
That's good , I was in love with my SFX - but the dealers screwed things . It kept pulling left and brakes // rotors were done twice in less than 30 K besides other expenses & during that time I picked Fortuner & then the comparisons started before I sold SFX . It was surely much solidly built & probably i would have never sold it but for the smart dealers .

Quote:
comparison of prices of various spares of different brands including the accidental ones for our convenience

Yes , this will be really useful . But I am very sure Mitsubishi will be far expensive .

Last edited by Turbanator : 2nd September 2014 at 21:55.
Old 2nd September 2014, 22:23   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Yes , this will be really useful . But I am very sure Mitsubishi will be far expensive .
You are dead right on this one. The front bumper of the cedia costs a mere 36,000/-
Old 3rd September 2014, 08:40   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Yes ,its a pain but since I started keeping 30 Psi its more bearable specially in front seat.

Are you sure on this ?

I actually told the driver to try out a lower psi

On the Tiens yes.. I found that in a south African forum while I was comparing the two. While that was a smaller issue I somehow did not like the idea of making that change on a new vehicle and having another person take care of the warranty for that

Another review mentioned downsizing the tires also made a +ve impact on drive quality
Old 4th September 2014, 21:57   #145
BHPian

So Pajero fraternity - I am leaning heavily towards the Pajero Sport! However, one question: I believe there is an Automatic Pajero Sport headed in the near future. It was supposedly due in Aug 2014, but delayed by maybe a couple of months.

Question: Do you have any insights into when the Sport AT might be available? Any scoop on it being a 2WD/4WD - plus would you suggest waiting for it than going ahead with the existing Sport? Thanks!
Old 5th September 2014, 11:34   #146
BHPian

Quote:
So Pajero fraternity - I am leaning heavily towards the Pajero Sport! However, one question: I believe there is an Automatic Pajero Sport headed in the near future. It was supposedly due in Aug 2014, but delayed by maybe a couple of months.

Question: Do you have any insights into when the Sport AT might be available? Any scoop on it being a 2WD/4WD - plus would you suggest waiting for it than going ahead with the existing Sport? Thanks!
The information I've with a recent talk to a dealer is that Pajero Sport AT will 'probably' be coming by November 2014. And it'll be a 4x2 and not 4x4.
Old 5th September 2014, 11:47   #147
BHPian

Quote:

historically, they have already delayed it a couple of time I believe, so it very well could be a test of patience if there are any delays
Old 5th September 2014, 16:26   #148
BHPian

@satpalsharma, thanks man. I thought I remembered seeing another warning light for seat belt not hooked up. I have marked the position where I can actually see the outline if I look hard in the attached picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-airbag.jpg  

Old 5th September 2014, 18:02   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
@satpalsharma, thanks man. I thought I remembered seeing another warning light for seat belt not hooked up. I have marked the position where I can actually see the outline if I look hard in the attached picture.
hi killjoy i checked and even i dont have that and never did.
Old 8th September 2014, 15:11   #150
BHPian

Guys, it looks like the heart is winning.... I hope to be able to update in next couple of weeks!

Special thanks to Sh@rpshooter who let me TD his Pajero Sport!
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks