Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2013, 17:02   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
Just received these Mitsubishi branded Anti-Theft caps which I ordered from eBay. This particular seller provides custom logo caps for various car manufacturers. For Mitsubishi logo there are different variations sold by the seller but I like this specific design/color due to its subtleness.

eBay Link for this listing

Attachment 1184941
Looks nice. Adds a touch of class. How is this anti-theft or what exactly does it prevent from stealing?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 17:11   #107
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
How is this anti-theft or what exactly does it prevent from stealing?
I think you need the Allen Key (see picture) to remove (or fix) those. And thieves generally don't carry an Allen Key in their toolkit.
SmartCat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 17:22   #108
Senior - BHPian

Satpal,

Do not use the small screws and lock these valve caps, as they tend to rust over 2-3 months(as in my car's case) and then become a nightmare to remove them for air refilling. This has recently happened to my car when I had gone to top up the nitrogen in the tires. Just use the steel caps and do not lock them with the small screws!
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 17:37   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
I think you need the Allen Key (see picture) to remove (or fix) those. And thieves generally don't carry an Allen Key in their toolkit.
I understood the allen key part. But NOT able to understand what is the scope of theft there. Is it these caps or something else which could be stolen?
Old 31st December 2013, 17:42   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by getsurya View Post
Satpal,

Do not use the small screws and lock these valve caps, as they tend to rust over 2-3 months(as in my car's case) and then become a nightmare to remove them for air refilling. This has recently happened to my car when I had gone to top up the nitrogen in the tires. Just use the steel caps and do not lock them with the small screws!
Oh is it.. I'll keep a watch on that. Although the seller mentioned the material to be 'Steel with Chrome Silver, Anti Rust Treatment'.
Thanks for notifying. I must say your TRD caps inspired me to get one for my Pajero Sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I understood the allen key part. But NOT able to understand what is the scope of theft there. Is it these caps or something else which could be stolen?
Anti-theft for the caps itself.. Prevents somebody to stole these caps or to deflate the tyres

Last edited by satpalsharma : 31st December 2013 at 17:49.
satpalsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 18:58   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh is it.. I'll keep a watch on that. Although the seller mentioned the material to be 'Steel with Chrome Silver, Anti Rust Treatment'. Thanks for notifying. I must say your TRD caps inspired me to get one for my Pajero Sport. )
Hi Satpal,

Cool, I was able to inspire you!

It says the same thing on my pack too, the caps are of good quality, the problem is with the small lock nuts.
getsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 14:36   #112
BHPian

So HM-Mitsubishi finally launching the Automatic Version of Pajero Sport in Autumn.
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/hm-mits...tomatic-autumn

I'm wondering what would be the choice for SUV lovers.. a manual or an automatic?
Old 19th February 2014, 15:10   #113
BHPian

Quote:
So HM-Mitsubishi finally launching the Automatic Version of Pajero Sport in Autumn.
http://www.team-bhp.com/news/hm-mits...tomatic-autumn

I'm wondering what would be the choice for SUV lovers.. a manual or an automatic?
i would stick to the manual since most of my driving is on highways around indore and while off-roading a manual gives u better control.
But a lot of people living in bigger cities will prefer the auto. mainly because the manual's clutch is hard and you have to downshift too often at city speeds.

All the announcements they have made are such a relief. we now know that mitsubishi will not wind up from india leaving us stranded.

Any idea about the post-budget price reduction?
abhinavsureka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th February 2014, 16:13   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
Any idea about the post-budget price reduction?
Not really but many makers have announced the cut in the prices.. Here's one article http://profit.ndtv.com/news/budget/a...ise-cut-380893

It would surely make some difference with the 4-6% cut.. the overall cost may come down by around one lakh. Will have to wait and see if Mitsubishi makes any announcement on that.
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 23:16   #115
BHPian

Congrats on your purchase and thanks for the details everyones posting.
awesome thread.

From my personal experience i found the dealership price on parts etc incl synth oil way too expensive. Have mentioned details on my thread on prices that I got on brake pads, filters etc..

Also you will find one small problem is that it does eat brake pads fairly quickly.

Anyone changed their music system and still kept the steering wheel controls. If yes , please let me know how.

Also anyone changed the size of their tyres or changed their alloys please post pictures.

Again congrats Satpal.
daebis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 23:30   #116
BHPian

Fantastic buy... How's the turbo lag? I haven't driven one but people say it can be painful in bumper to bumper traffic. Nevertheless, Wish you tons of happy miles ahead
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 12:17   #117
BHPian

Also have given some of the details of pricing of spare parts and links to accessory shops for the PS on
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...o-sport-6.html

anyone interested can check it out.
Old 9th March 2014, 17:17   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
From my personal experience i found the dealership price on parts etc incl synth oil way too expensive. Have mentioned details on my thread on prices that I got on brake pads, filters etc..

Also you will find one small problem is that it does eat brake pads fairly quickly.
Thanks daebis. After how many kms you've to change the brake pads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdiSinghV12 View Post
Fantastic buy... How's the turbo lag? I haven't driven one but people say it can be painful in bumper to bumper traffic. Nevertheless, Wish you tons of happy miles ahead
Thanks AdiSinghV12. Turbo lag is noticeable when you try to overtake or speed up the vehicle in a bumper to bumper traffic but if you're sailing and moving at a constant speed, you'll not notice it much. I didn't feel much unless I really need to pick up the speed, and at that point for few seconds I feel the lag before the turbo kicks in.
Old 9th March 2014, 19:08   #119
BHPian

the first set of brakepads lasted a very long time.

Then i had to change them at almost 35000 kms... i dont remember if i changed them before.

But the new set needed a change in 10000 kms, which i got from a non- dealer and they r doing fine at 56000 kms currently.

Satpal wanted to know what tyre pressure do you keep? I keep it at 31 but i feel the car a bit bouncy at high speeds..
Old 15th March 2014, 11:44   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by daebis View Post
Satpal wanted to know what tyre pressure do you keep? I keep it at 31 but i feel the car a bit bouncy at high speeds..
I keep at what they prescribed on the side of door. 29 front / 32 rear. Didn't face any bouncy feeling at high speed and get the average of around 10kmpl, mostly city + some highway driving.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks