Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2013, 18:12   #91
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by canwill View Post
Last 20 hours to get behind the wheel of my dream-machine!
Good to see more of these beauties on the road. Waiting to see your review..
Old 13th October 2013, 13:25   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
What type of oil is used?
Grade of oil?
Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Satpal what are the typical servicing costs of the Pajero Sport? Including the oil and oil filter. Also what is the paid service cost?
Quote:
Originally Posted by satpalsharma View Post
I only had one service done till now where they only checked oil levels etc. So not sure how much will it cost. I'll post the first hand experience as soon as I'll go for my next service.

2nd Service | 10,000 kms or 6 months | ₹ 9,282/-

Done with my 2nd Service. They did the usual checkup, topped up oils wherever necessary, cleaned the break pads and replaced the Engine Oil along with Oil Filter.

For Engine Oil they gave me two options:
2k+ - Regular
8k+ - Synthetic, Brand Motul 8100 X-cess , SAE 5W-40

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-8100.jpg
URL: http://www.motul.com/in/en/products/52

I opted for Synthetic. They also told me that all the new vehicles from Mitsubishi is now coming with Synthetic Oil only.

So changing the engine oil along with oil filter costed me ₹9282/- other things like labour charges, washing, wheel alignment etc. were free being a free service.
satpalsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 14:31   #93
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by canwill View Post
Last 20 hours to get behind the wheel of my dream-machine!
Had booked a White Pajero Sports Anniversary Edition last week.
Taking the delivery tomorrow morning at 10 from Pethkar Motors , Pune.
Super excited & super thrilled!
Hi canwill,

Have you brought your beast home? How was the delivery experience?
We are waiting for details.

I am about to take TD of Pajero Sports next week at the same dealer hence the curiosity.
Also, would be helpful if you share the discount details, if any. Thanks!
Old 10th November 2013, 00:15   #94

Skyliner,

Did you do the TD and what was your experience / view of vehicle. I am in the process of deciding between a fortuner and pajero sport. After my first TD Of both vehicles, was sold on the pajero and was willing to risk the thin dealer coverage and relatively unknown a.s.s.

After a second TD of both vehicles today, I found I did not enjoy the Pajero as much. The pliant suspension of the Pajero that I liked for its ride comfort (read less bumpy when compared to the fortuner) felt awkward and unsettling around corners and the better responsiveness at low revs of the fortuner made it a better drive in the city where most of my usage will be. I still prefer the pajero's looks, interior space, "fold-flat" third row, braking and ICE. Enough has been said elsewhere on this site on TKM's quality, reliability etc.

So it is back to a state of indecisiveness for me, which is kind of reflected in the manner In which I have written the para above. Hence I am looking for other views.

Cheers
knganapathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2013, 11:20   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knganapathy View Post
Skyliner,

Did you do the TD and what was your experience / view of vehicle. I am in the process of deciding between a fortuner and pajero sport.
Hi knganapathy,

I didn't go for TD. After lot of thinking I came to a conclusion that SUV is not something I want right now. Hence shifted my focus to Octavia and 3 series.

All I can say is that Pajero looks way better than Fortuner, especially those tyres. Looks are subjective though.

Good luck with the purchase!
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th December 2013, 20:53   #96
BHPian

Glad to see Pajero Sport in a famous US TV series Homeland.

It's a left hand drive, with a different front grill and roof rails missing.

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-homeland.jpg
Old 16th December 2013, 16:44   #97
Senior - BHPian

@satpal: Congratulations on your ride.
Just as Gaurav's thread is where the Cedia guys hang out, I think your thread is where the Pajero Sports guys will hang out, since there are hardly any of the on them active on forum.

@canwill: Please do post a review of Pethkar Motors and the car, both.
S_U_N is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2013, 12:35   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran Ahmad Ali View Post
Can't wait till Sunday . I am sure you know the feeling . Haha
Hey Imran.. how are you doing? I didn't see any ownership thread from you on your new Pajero Sport acquisition. So how'z your experience and anything specific you would like to share?
Old 17th December 2013, 18:56   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Hey Imran.. how are you doing? I didn't see any ownership thread from you on your new Pajero Sport acquisition. So how'z your experience and anything specific you would like to share?
Greetings
I am good . How've you been ? . Just got done with my exam today . Will do so at the earliest . I've clocked about 9 k and am loving every kilometre . I got the anniversary edition kit but refrained from puting the stickers like we discussed earlier.
Regards
Imran

Last edited by moralfibre : 30th December 2013 at 06:53. Reason: Only two smileys per post please.
Imran Ahmad Ali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 12:42   #100
BHPian

BTW I did a HYD-BOM-HYD (1600kms) in October 2013. Added the details already to the Mumbai-Hyderabad thread, thought of linking it from this thread as well.

The overall drive experience was very comfortable. By the time we reached Mumbai we're not feeling tired as we were expecting that we might feel. This is my first self driven long drive and Pajero Sport felt like a home away from home

One funny thing happened, due to a really bad stretch (Zaheerabad to Humnabad), one of the screws of my front number plate got out and the number plate was hanging with just one screw left which was also about to fall when somebody pointed that to us (Glad that the number plate was still there hanging). We got it fixed from the local market there.
satpalsharma is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 14:03   #101
BANNED

Quote:
The overall drive experience was very comfortable. By the time we reached Mumbai we're not feeling tired as we were expecting that we might feel. This is my first self driven long drive and Pajero Sport felt like a home away from home
That is nice to know. What speeds did you maintain on 4 lane roads and what your fuel efficiency for the drive? How many passengers were there in the car?
Old 19th December 2013, 14:58   #102
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
That is nice to know. What speeds did you maintain on 4 lane roads and what your fuel efficiency for the drive? How many passengers were there in the car?
Speed varied a lot overall.

The mileage I got is around 10 for the overall trip start to end includes driving on that bad stretch, 4 lane driving, driving in the city etc.

Only me and my wife went on this trip.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2013 at 17:31.
satpalsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th December 2013, 18:44   #103
BHPian

Just came back from Hyderabad - Mysore - Bandipur - Ooty - Bangalore - Hyderabad (1911 Kms) road trip.

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-ooty.jpg

Overall Pajero Sport performed really well, a comfortable drive across different stretches.

The Hyderabad-Bangalore highway is so much fun to drive. Pajero Sport is exceptionally stable at higher speeds.

On ghat sections especially the steep hairpin bends of Ooty, I noticed that I've to drive in 2nd gear only otherwise Pajero Sport looses the power to climb. The RPM over 1500 it picks up fine.. below that I've to shift to lower gear in order to get the proper thrust to move forward. So if I'm driving in 2nd gear and the RPM goes below 1500 then I've to shift to 1st gear in order for it to recover the momentum and move forward.

For the full trip I got mileage of around 10 kmpl. While going on Bangalore highway at higher speeds, it impacted the average where I got only around 8 kmpl for a particular stretch of around 350 km. While coming back when I maintained a moderate driving speed I got an average of 13 kmpl for a 400km stretch.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2013 at 17:56.
satpalsharma is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th December 2013, 12:13   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So if I'm driving in 2nd gear and the RPM goes below 1500 then I've to shift to 1st gear in order for it to recover the momentum and move forward.
This is nothing but the turbo lag and is evident in most of the modern turbo-charged diesel cars. This is where the old-school diesels, like the Pajero SFX or the Bolero GLX, come out with flying colors!! In fact last week I had the opportunity to drive my BIL's SFX and was blown over by the effortless city driving as well as the way it handles bad roads/no roads, not to mention the way it takes to the hills. Also, highway cruising is not an issue if you are okay with speeds in the range of 100-110 kph beyond which the engine seems to get strained. I see myself hunting for a well maintained example soon

Last edited by Aditya : 30th December 2013 at 17:38.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 15:47   #105
BHPian

Just received these Mitsubishi branded Anti-Theft caps which I ordered from eBay. This particular seller provides custom logo caps for various car manufacturers. For Mitsubishi logo there are different variations sold by the seller but I like this specific design/color due to its subtleness.

eBay Link for this listing

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-antitheftcaps.jpg

Most Viewed