Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th April 2014, 20:47   #121
BHPian

Re: Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade

3rd Service | 20,000 kms or 12 months | ₹ 11,797/-
Done with my 3rd Service. It went pretty smooth. I didn't have any complaints on the vehicle from my side. They did the usual checkup, replaced the Engine Oil, Oil Filter and Diesel Filter.

I definitely saw an increased number of vehicles in the workshop in comparison to the earlier visits. Pajero Sport owners are on the rise
satpalsharma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 10:06   #122
BHPian

Indeed a super upgrade!

Few questions
Heard that it has a massive turbo lag at slow speeds and especially during hill climbs? Do you have any experiences to share?
Does this have hill-hold feature? Finally, at what value the fuel efficiency has stabilized? Both city and highway.
I always wished they launched a lighter SWB version.

Thank you
Invader is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 10:36   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invader View Post
Indeed a super upgrade!

Few questions
Heard that it has a massive turbo lag at slow speeds and especially during hill climbs? Do you have any experiences to share?
Does this have hill-hold feature? Finally, at what value the fuel efficiency has stabilized? Both city and highway.
I always wished they launched a lighter SWB version.

Thank you
Not at All. Hill climbing is good and i have done that with 6 people on board.
There is no Hill Hold as far as I know.
I am getting a average of 9 to slightly over 10 depending on the kin d of drive with Regular diesel. will try out shell to see if Cost/Km is any lower
sh@rpshooter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2014, 14:53   #124
BHPian

The average which I'm getting is 10 kmpl. Most of it is city driving with some highway driving. I tried all the popular diesel fuel available. BP, HP & Indian Oil are more or less similar and gives me a mileage of 10. Shell however is more efficient and I got a mileage of 11 from it. Only thing is the Shell bunk in my city seems to be closed down, so I switched back to the regular lot.
Old 27th April 2014, 11:59   #125
BHPian

Yup 9.25-10 is what I get.
I live in the hills and this is handles so well. In my thread I wrote that I once took potato seed 50 kg sacks close to 20 in it thru steep hills. It didn't even feel the weight. There was a little bit of a lag in the pickup with that weight.

Am not sure about the turbo lag. It does what I want it to do...

Lastly synthetic oil did help. I used Indian oil synthetic oil and usually use iocl pumps fuel considering they supply the fuel to all other company's rest is marketing ...

Did get better milage by using the higher grade diesel but wasn't worth the cost difference.
daebis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 15:51   #126
BHPian

Mitsubishi India's abruptness and internal confusion never seems to end. After my nightmarish experience at Patwa motors indore i was delighted when the cancelled their dealership and brought in S&R cars (existing mitsubishi dealer for bhopal and jabalpur) who did a brilliant job despite having a very small service facility.
And now they have again changed the dealer. new one expected to open his showroom and workshop early next month. Hope they are able to keep up with the quality of S&R cars.. in fact do much better with the bigger service facility they are coming with.

My Pajero Sport just got ts 30,000 KM service done. Brake pads changed. rest all routine stuff. total bill Rs.23,0000/- (includes all taxes and engine oil put is now synthetic)
Drives much better.

Dad and I took part in a short 150 KM TSD rally organised my malwa motorsport club. The car drove very well and we finished 3rd in the SUV category.
Attached Thumbnails
Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-rally.jpg  

abhinavsureka is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th May 2014, 20:05   #127
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
...My Pajero Sport just got ts 30,000 KM service done. Brake pads changed. rest all routine stuff. total bill Rs.23,0000/- (includes all taxes and engine oil put is now synthetic).Drives much better...
That's quite an expensive service at Rs. 2,30,000/- !

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinavsureka View Post
...Dad and I took part in a short 150 KM TSD rally organised my malwa motorsport club. The car drove very well and we finished 3rd in the SUV category.
Congrats! Would have loved to see a detailed report though.
Old 30th May 2014, 12:00   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
That's quite an expensive service at Rs. 2,30,000/- !
hahaha.. Sorry for the typo error. it is 23,000 (Rupees twenty three thousand only)

The i will soon out up the details of the rally in consultation with the organisers (Malwa Motorsport Club)
abhinavsureka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2014, 18:01   #129
BANNED

There is a peculiar issue that I ve been observing with my Pajero Sport and wanted to share it with all for mutual understanding and knowledge.

At times when traversing steep, sudden speed breakers in 2wd mode, if the engine is revved in 1st or 2nd gear with the clutch fully released when the rear axles/wheels are traveling down the crest of the speed breaker, there is a sudden grunt accompanied by vibration from the rear drive train.
This grunt doesnt last for more than 1.5 seconds and the vehicle is back to normal.
This is not observed at any other speeds/situations.

I suspect a faulty propellor shaft or a cross but would like to know if any other PS owners have faced a similar situation and if yes, the remedy thereof.
Old 13th July 2014, 18:24   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
with my Pajero Sport.
OT:
So you bought it finally!!
Was waiting to know your final outcome.
Since that thread was a long thread with many people interested in your final decision. I suggest you update that thread.
Cheers
Old 23rd July 2014, 07:04   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
There is a peculiar issue that I ve been observing with my Pajero Sport and wanted to share it with all for mutual understanding and knowledge.

At times when traversing steep, sudden speed breakers in 2wd mode, if the engine is revved in 1st or 2nd gear with the clutch fully released when the rear axles/wheels are traveling down the crest of the speed breaker, there is a sudden grunt accompanied by vibration from the rear drive train.
This grunt doesnt last for more than 1.5 seconds and the vehicle is back to normal.
This is not observed at any other speeds/situations.

I suspect a faulty propellor shaft or a cross but would like to know if any other PS owners have faced a similar situation and if yes, the remedy thereof.
i faced a similar/related sound when i suddenly climb up/down a speedbreaker and was downshifting to 2/1 and my clutch pressed while on breaker. a strange grunt. have since changed to be on the brakes only and its not there now.
This is not for as long as 1.5 secs but instant.

Did you hear anything ? BTW what is the colour of your Paj ? Congratulations i see quite a few on the roads these days
Old 23rd July 2014, 10:59   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sh@rpshooter View Post
i faced a similar/related sound when i suddenly climb up/down a speedbreaker and was downshifting to 2/1 and my clutch pressed while on breaker. a strange grunt. have since changed to be on the brakes only and its not there now.
This is not for as long as 1.5 secs but instant.

Did you hear anything ? BTW what is the colour of your Paj ? Congratulations I see quite a few on the roads these days
Oh, that is nice to hear that this sound has been faced by someone else too, and at Bangalore.

There has been no remedy to my noise yet, in spite of speaking to the HML Head of Service, India. I tried swapping the propellor shaft, the rear axle assy and the gearbox and transfer case mounts.

What components were changed in your vehicle that eliminated the sound?

Thank you. Chetak is black in color.
Old 19th August 2014, 14:15   #133
BHPian

Question for PajeroSport owners, does it have SeatBelt Warning?

Hi guys, need some help. I recently sent in my Pajero Sport for 30k kms service. At the time of leaving the car for service, I mentioned that the seat belt warning light had stopped functioning. At some time later in the day, I got a call from the service adviser and he mentioned that the Pajero Sport did not come with a seat belt warning light. I took his word for it as I was in office and did not have time to research it and asked him to send the car back post service. Once I got back home, I checked the owners manual and found reference to the seat belt warning lamp in 2 places. At this time, I called back the service adviser and he again said that the Pajero Sport did not come with a seat belt warning light. He also said, while I was on the call, that he checked with other vehicles, including a new one that they had in the showroom and none of them had a seat belt warning light. I also wrote to Mitsu on their India website but was not surprised to not hear back from them. I distinctly remember seeing the seat belt warning light earlier and now it is not working, can someone please confirm (with pictures, if possible) so that I can talk to the dealer and service center to get this sorted on my car? Thanks in advance.
Old 1st September 2014, 15:50   #134
BHPian

Re: Question for PajeroSport owners, does it have SeatBelt Warning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Hi guys, need some help. I recently sent in my Pajero Sport for 30k kms service. At the time of leaving the car for service, I mentioned that the seat belt warning light had stopped functioning. At some time later in the day, I got a call from the service adviser and he mentioned that the Pajero Sport did not come with a seat belt warning light. I took his word for it as I was in office and did not have time to research it and asked him to send the car back post service. Once I got back home, I checked the owners manual and found reference to the seat belt warning lamp in 2 places. At this time, I called back the service adviser and he again said that the Pajero Sport did not come with a seat belt warning light. He also said, while I was on the call, that he checked with other vehicles, including a new one that they had in the showroom and none of them had a seat belt warning light. I also wrote to Mitsu on their India website but was not surprised to not hear back from them. I distinctly remember seeing the seat belt warning light earlier and now it is not working, can someone please confirm (with pictures, if possible) so that I can talk to the dealer and service center to get this sorted on my car? Thanks in advance.
I personally haven't noticed any seat-belt sign. However, there's one sign which closely resembles seat-belt but has a large round circle in front of the icon, I suppose it's an airbag sign which comes on when you put the key in and start.. and this sign disappears after few seconds whether you've started on the vehicle or not or whether you've put on the seat-belt or not. Attaching the photos for reference, in case you're talking about this sign..

Mitsubishi Pajero Sport - A Super Upgrade-airbag.jpg
Old 1st September 2014, 18:21   #135
BHPian

Satpal, Devnath, Sharpshooter - good to see the Pajero Sport fraternity growing in Bangalore. I am currently in the same boat - Paj or T Fort. This thread is useful in indicating the service costs and a longer term ownership in terms of any issues, niggles. For me - heart says Paj, mind says T Fort. Lets see which one wins
anshuman_v is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks