Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2013, 12:55   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by shetty_rohan View Post
CarWale comparison: Skoda Octavia vs Skoda Laura
http://www.carwale.com/news/11273-ca...undUp30Sep2013
The comparison isn't that meaningful or precise. Octavia gets 6 airbags in Elegance trim not 8 iirc.

I drive an MT Lancer in Bangalore city and I don't care for the DSG - Skoda must launch the 1.8TSI also in MT avataar.
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:47   #212
Senior - BHPian

Just got a ridiculous call from the sales dept at Torque Skoda Ahmedabad.
Sales Advisor(SA): good evening sir ek good news hai!
Me: yes pls?
SA: Sir, company has just mailed us a few details, the car is launching soon (still she had no idea that official launch is tomorrow it self), colours available are only C. Beige, C. White, M. Black and B. Silver. Also, it is compulsory to opt for 'SKODA FINANCE' and compulsory to take insurance from the dealer.
Me: what do you mean by compulsory?
SA: sir if you dont take Skoda finance, you will have to pay rs. 20000 extra.
Me: what the hell are you saying?

The talk went on for 10 mins and i asked her to give me in writing, so that I can confirm the same with Skoda India. Also, her superior is supposed to call me!

This is horrifying! Guys, O might not buy it and cancel my booking if this is the case!
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:54   #213
Senior - BHPian

[quote="adi_petrolhead;3254679"]Just got a ridiculous call from the sales dept at Torque Skoda Ahmedabad. Sales Advisor(SA): good evening sir ek good news hai! Me: yes pls? SA: Sir, company has just mailed us a few details, the car is launching soon (still she had no idea that official launch is tomorrow it self), colours available are only C. Beige, C. White, M. Black and B. Silver. Also, it is compulsory to opt for 'SKODA FINANCE' and compulsory to take insurance from the dealer. Me: what do you mean by compulsory? SA: sir if you dont take Skoda finance, you will have to pay rs. 20000 extra. Me: what the hell are you saying? The talk went on for 10 mins and i asked her to give me in writing, so that I can confirm the same with Skoda India. Also, her superior is supposed to call me! This is horrifying! Guys, O might not buy it and cancel my booking if this is the case![/QUOTE

]Just ridiculous. Skoda dealers always out do themselves. Any way keep us posted.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 17:59   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
SA: Sir, company has just mailed us a few details, the car is launching soon (still she had no idea that official launch is tomorrow it self), colours available are only C. Beige, C. White, M. Black and B. Silver. Also, it is compulsory to opt for 'SKODA FINANCE' and compulsory to take insurance from the dealer.
Me: what the hell are you saying!
She probably forgot to mention that the good news is for her and not for you that you have to take the above things from them.

Jokes apart all of them share the same genes right from Maruti to Bentley perhaps. Make hay while the sun shines. The car hasn't even been launched yet and they are so sure of its success that they have started keeping there ridiculous conditions. Please don't cancel your booking if you like the car. Such things are easily sorted by the ca maker via a simple Email. They can never make it compulsory to buy anything from them except paying the invoice price of the car. Even the registration part can be easily done by you yourself.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:02   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Me: what the hell are you saying?

The talk went on for 10 mins and i asked her to give me in writing, so that I can confirm the same with Skoda India. Also, her superior is supposed to call me!

This is horrifying! Guys, O might not buy it and cancel my booking if this is the case!
I got 3 calls from skoda chennai gurudev motors, each time a lady told me that the sales executive would give me a call back and then hung up!!!! Weird. Called to check if I was alive or what???
Old 2nd October 2013, 18:14   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
She probably forgot to mention that the good news is for her and not for you that you have to take the above things from them. Jokes apart all of them share the same genes right from Maruti to Bentley perhaps. Make hay while the sun shines. The car hasn't even been launched yet and they are so sure of its success that they have started keeping there ridiculous conditions. Please don't cancel your booking if you like the car. Such things are easily sorted by the ca maker via a simple Email. They can never make it compulsory to buy anything from them except paying the invoice price of the car. Even the registration part can be easily done by you yourself.
Exactly my point, I always take my insurance and registration on my own, just pay the car company the invoice price. Thats it. I don't know why she would act so stubborn.
Old 2nd October 2013, 20:20   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I notice that Skoda India's Octavia web page is closed! no links working whatsoever. Even those discovered by fellow BHP-ian. Prepping up for Launch tomorrow?? hope their new page is as impressive as the one by skoda.co.uk
Looks like the site is up again. All I could see is just a countdown timer apart from the usual stuff. Going by the ticker, the Launch is likely to happen by 12.30 pm tomorrow.
Old 2nd October 2013, 20:34   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
Looks like the site is up again. All I could see is just a countdown timer apart from the usual stuff. Going by the ticker, the Launch is likely to happen by 12.30 pm tomorrow.
Starting to get sick of Skoda's gimmicks. They are not launching a nuclear missile! Its just a car. @warwithwheels did you read my last post about the ridiculous phone call from Skoda?
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 20:55   #219
Senior - BHPian

First it was Ford with the ES and now Skoda with the Octavia. These companies have good products which the people want to buy. However, the sheer stupidity of the dealers and the company staffers turns off people from these brands.

Like Navjot Sidhu once said " You don't kill a person hell bent on commiting suicide"

I hope better sence prevails at Skoda and they ensure that no such customer unfriendly stunts are pulled by their dealers.

Last edited by rajneeesh : 2nd October 2013 at 20:56.
rajneeesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:10   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
..@warwithwheels did you read my last post about the ridiculous phone call from Skoda?
Yes I did. That's seriously ridiculous. I just don't know how to express my displeasure on such utterly stupid marketing gimmicks by these sales guys.

Look at the other side of it, many uninformed car buyers (which forms a major chunk of car buyers in India) take such statements at face value. They are seriously taken in for a ride.

BTW... I just can't help but remember the launch event of the BLOCKBUSTER aka Nissan Terrano. Those PR guys just kept rewinding the timer when it was nearing the ETA. The event was delayed by an hour or so, IIRC. Moreover it was handled by a bunch of amature folks, which again created a serious dent on the brand.

I just hope that SKODA has roped in a reputed PR agency to handle the launch event tomorrow.

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 2nd October 2013 at 21:17.
Warwithwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:12   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
First it was Ford with the ES and now Skoda with the Octavia. These companies have good products which the people want to buy. However, the sheer stupidity of the dealers and the company staffers turns off people from these brands.

Like Navjot Sidhu once said " You don't kill a person hell bent on commiting suicide"

I hope better sence prevails at Skoda and they ensure that no such customer unfriendly stunts are pulled by their dealers.
Quote:
Starting to get sick of Skoda's gimmicks. They are not launching a nuclear missile! Its just a car. @warwithwheels did you read my last post about the ridiculous phone call from Skoda?
Got a call again regarding my request to put everything she just said, in writing. "Sir, how can we give such a thing in writing? This is only for first one month, after that it won't be compulsory". I booked my car on 16th September!! Am I supposed to wait for the next lot, so that only those who pay the "Premium" get the first allotted cars? completely absurd is an under statement. Skoda India, i hope you are watching this page closely. Very closely. I will be waiting for their superior to call me tomorrow morning, else I am writing to Skoda HQ Aurangabad.

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 2nd October 2013 at 21:14. Reason: over quoted.
adi_petrolhead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:43   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...I will be waiting for their superior to call me tomorrow morning, else I am writing to Skoda HQ Aurangabad.
I see no point in talking to the sales person any further. Please rope in the senior management of the dealership ASAP. You could also try writing to SKODA HQ if they are still firm about their T&C.

I had to put out a big fight with a Ford dealership during my latest purchase for taking insurance outside and for not opting for the essential pack. I had to rope in the GM and sign a declaration to that effect. That's the sorry state of automobile dealerships in our country.
Old 2nd October 2013, 21:56   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I see no point in talking to the sales person any further. Please rope in the senior management of the dealership ASAP. You could also try writing to SKODA HQ if they are still firm about their T&C. I had to put out a big fight with a Ford dealership during my latest purchase for taking insurance outside and for not opting for the essential pack. I had to rope in the GM and sign a declaration to that effect. That's the sorry state of automobile dealerships in our country.
a similar experience with my friend caused him to cancel his booking!
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:06   #224
BHPian

Looks like Skoda is hell bent on killing the feel good factor associated with a launch even before the launch. The dealer in Mumbai from where is saw the car last week was pressurising me to pay 50K and block the car. he said it is not booking but just to ensure that you get preference. If i choose not to go for the car i could get it back in full. I refused and said if i decide to go for it i can wait for a few additional days

Anyway there is only a few hours left for the official launch, let us see how skoda prices it and what else they announce. Hopefully an all inclusive service package for 5 years/100000km
Old 3rd October 2013, 10:13   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Looks like Skoda is hell bent on killing the feel good factor associated with a launch even before the launch.
============Hopefully an all inclusive service package for 5 years/100000km
That is common with many showrooms. They would want to show more bookings to increase the demand and create excitement.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks