Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2013, 12:57   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Probably they took a stock image from the European spec car.
They always do like this. The Superb's page used to show ventilated sun roof which was never available as an option in India.
Old 20th September 2013, 20:42   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Some photos from the drive, forwarded by Chetan:

Breakfast with Ardy
The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-img_7475.jpg

Ready to drive out of Wildflower Hall
The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-img_7482.jpg

Photoshoot at Chail Palace in the rain

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-637skoda-octavia.jpg

On the way down from Chail to Parwanoo

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-img_7518.jpg

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-img_7528.jpg

Last edited by SS-Traveller : 20th September 2013 at 20:45.
SS-Traveller is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 10:24   #108
BHPian

Have anyone got any links to the price list of new octavia? ? I saw a website which listed an emi calculator for the new octavia with ex show room prices. Have been searching in vain for the website since morning.

http://www.oncars.in/skoda/rapid/emi-calculator

Kindly use the drop box to choose octavia. I think it is the new edition cause the old one sold a couple of lacs below the mentioned pricing ( if I remember correctly)

Last edited by aah78 : 25th September 2013 at 23:39. Reason: Posts merged.
Old 22nd September 2013, 16:26   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
The Wildflower Hall is an iconic hotel. This is where we stay for the night.

Over dinner, we meet Mr. Sudhir Rao, the Managing Director of Skoda India.
Do you want to have a group discussion with him? Oh yes!
Attachment 1136564

And thus began an illuminating discussion with a very receptive person heading Skoda.

How did you find the car?

The new Octavia is definitely a brilliant little piece of engineering, whatever little quirks there might be. It is out-and-out a driver's car, and is a joy to be at the wheel of - much like most other Skoda products. This was the unanimous opinion of the group.

Would you recommend the car to your friends & associates?

The reservation against recommending a Skoda wholeheartedly, was evident in the faces of all present. What held us all back was the poor reputation of Skoda when it comes to service and maintenance of their cars.

Is Skoda service really that bad?

Skodas in India are painfully expensive to own, and service centres have a reputation, built up carefully over the years, of cheating customers. The initial reaction by Mr. Rao seemed to me, to be one of trying to dissociate the marketing and sales arms from the service and customer care aspects. But then, more discussions seemed to hint at the fact that there is large-scale soul-searching happening inside Skoda.

So how do you propose we handle the service aspects better?
There were Skoda owners there, close friends and relatives of Skoda owners, and non-owners who aspired to own one but were scared to take on the heavy burden of maintenance costs. One of the suggestions put up was that Skoda start something similar to BMW's Service Inclusive plan. Mr. Rao wouldn't commit, but I think his enigmatic smile and guarded response gave away some little secret. The need of the hour would be to wait and watch until Skoda comes out with an announcement.

Should I be easily approachable for unhappy customers or not?
Mr. Rao is scared that he would be swamped by nasty, irate, unhappy customers with broken down Skodas wanting him to redress their grievances personally within the next day. Obviously, that is not going to be a pleasant experience for him, and Mr. Rao wouldn't allow that to happen if he can help it! However, our suggestion was that he should at least have a mechanism in place for escalating major issues directly to him.

You people are suggesting that I take the bull by the horns?
Frankly speaking, Mr. Rao, a big YES! After speaking with you, all of us had nothing but positive vibes to take away. We understand how keen you are to improve Skoda's position in India, and we understand that you may have certain limitations in changing promises to reality.

The final verdict is that a great car marred by poor after-sales support doesn't get a big market share. Some Skodas are already cult cars - the Octavia vRS, the Superb V6 - yet their maintenance issues and spare parts sourcing is taken care of to a large extent by independent garages and importers. We love our cars, Mr. Rao, and we love the warmth that Skoda has shown to us (in fact, having been a part of the first Skoda Unofficial Experts Drive during the launch of the Rapid too, I can vouch for the fact that Skoda's approach this time has been much more warm and thoughtful). It would be wonderful if this warmth and care can be taken forward to each customer of the company. For now, we'll wait and watch how Skoda India evolves under your leadership.

The next morning, Ardy and I will drive the 1.8TSi DSG to Chandigarh via Chail. But in the next post, I shall talk about the next few hours at the hotel...
A leap from the last generation skoda octavia in terms of exterior looks and asthetics. Being a Superb owner i just wanted to ask is the drivetrain similar to the current Skoda superb?And also any idea on the Superb upgrade?
vaibhav amlekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:06   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 View Post
http://www.oncars.in/skoda/rapid/emi-calculator Kindly use the drop box to choose octavia. I think it is the new edition cause the old one sold a couple of lacs below the mentioned pricing ( if I remember correctly)
Sir if this is true, my choice the 1.8 TSI will be a killer!!!!
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:47   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Sir if this is true, my choice the 1.8 TSI will be a killer!!!!
I highly doubt if it would be true for the base version of the Laura itself costs 15 big ones Ex-showroom! It is highly unlikely that SKODA will position the Octavia below the Laura.

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-capture.png

Name:  Capture2.PNG
Views: 1743
Size:  10.6 KB

Last edited by Warwithwheels : 22nd September 2013 at 18:54.
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:54   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warwithwheels View Post
I highly doubt if it would be true for the base version of the Laura itself costs 15 big ones Ex-showroom! It is highly unlikely that SKODA will position the Octavia below the Laura.
Laura will be discontinued shortly after the Octavia is launched. Already 1.8 TSi has been discontinued only the diesels MT and DSG and the VRS version are available.
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:57   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.surgeon1985 View Post

Kindly use the drop box to choose octavia. I think it is the new edition cause the old one sold a couple of lacs below the mentioned pricing ( if I remember correctly)
I doubt if this is correct, since the drop-down menu gives choices of 1.8 TSi and 2.0 TDi in Elegance trim without DSG - whereas Skoda is not planning to introduce manual gearbox option for either engine in Elegance trim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibhav amlekar View Post
Being a Superb owner i just wanted to ask is the drivetrain similar to the current Skoda superb?And also any idea on the Superb upgrade?
Drivetrain similarity between the Superb and the new Octavia - the layout is the same (transverse mounted engine with FWD), but I have no idea how many of the components are shared, apart from the engine and gearbox.

No discussions happened about the Superb upgrade either.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2013, 18:59   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Laura will be discontinued shortly after the Octavia is launched. Already 1.8 TSi has been discontinued only the diesels MT and DSG and the VRS version are available.
Just called skoda chennai. Got the info that octavia would be priced in and around the laura category although the 1.4 might be a tad cheaper for obvious reasons. So heartbreak !!! I could've afforded the 1.4 :(
Old 22nd September 2013, 19:03   #115
Senior - BHPian

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image4232072408.jpg

Leaked trim levels
adi_petrolhead is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:53   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1141900

Leaked trim levels
do you have pics of the other pages of the brochure. also any confirmation on the price

the link has now been updated. it doesn't show 1.8 TSI in anything but Elegance and DSG 2.0 is being shown only in ambition and elegance. but 2.0 Manual is being shown in elegance and Ambition instead of Ambition and Active. it could be an error

The 1.4 TSI Active is starting from 12.4. and 1.8 TSI at 16.25. If true, it is pretty good pricing
Attached Thumbnails
The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-octavia-pricing.jpg  

Last edited by Mohan Mathew A : 23rd September 2013 at 12:11. Reason: More details
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:37   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
do you have pics of the other pages of the brochure. also any confirmation on the price http://www.oncars.in/skoda/rapid/emi-calculator the link has now been updated. it doesn't show 1.8 TSI in anything but Elegance and DSG 2.0 is being shown only in ambition and elegance. but 2.0 Manual is being shown in elegance and Ambition instead of Ambition and Active. it could be an error The 1.4 TSI Active is starting from 12.4. and 1.8 TSI at 16.25. If true, it is pretty good pricing
Source: Rushlane.com

The prices seem too good to be true. Current Ambition TSI DSG is 16 lacs ex showroom. How can we imagine the top of the line TSI DSG Octavia to be just 25000 dearer?

Lets wait and watch what Skoda has planned, but surely it will be in this range.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image517148424.jpg  

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image2921066477.jpg  

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image2243896538.jpg  

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image1495004644.jpg  

adi_petrolhead is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:47   #118
Senior - BHPian

My guess is the TSI ELEGANCE would be 17.25 L ex showroom.
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:09   #119
BHPian

Skoda will be introducing the all-new Octavia in India on October 3. With this new car, the carmaker looks to revive the name of its first landmark model in the country.

The all-new Skoda Octavia will be available in 1.8 and 1.4 petrol versions and 2.0 diesel version, with the 1.8 TSI good for 177bhp, the 1.4 TSI good for 138bhp and the 2.0 TDI making 141bhp.

The 1.8 TSI will be available only with the option of a seven-speed automatic transmission while the base petrol will be available only with the option of a manual gearbox. The 2.0-litre diesel will be available with the option of both a manual and a six-speed automatic transmission.

All variants of the all-new Skoda Octavia will come with features like 16-inch alloy wheels, powered mirror adjustment, power windows, ABS, dual front airbags, traction control, driver's seat height adjust, steering adjust, remote locking and rear air-con vents, among other things.

Price for the base petrol version is estimated to start at Rs 15 lakh.
Old 23rd September 2013, 13:40   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdeepakk View Post
Skoda will be introducing the all-new Octavia in India on October 3. With this new car, the carmaker looks to revive the name of its first landmark model in the country. The all-new Skoda Octavia will be available in 1.8 and 1.4 petrol versions and 2.0 diesel version, with the 1.8 TSI good for 177bhp, the 1.4 TSI good for 138bhp and the 2.0 TDI making 141bhp. The 1.8 TSI will be available only with the option of a seven-speed automatic transmission while the base petrol will be available only with the option of a manual gearbox. The 2.0-litre diesel will be available with the option of both a manual and a six-speed automatic transmission. All variants of the all-new Skoda Octavia will come with features like 16-inch alloy wheels, powered mirror adjustment, power windows, ABS, dual front airbags, traction control, driver's seat height adjust, steering adjust, remote locking and rear air-con vents, among other things. Price for the base petrol version is estimated to start at Rs 15 lakh.
At least care to mention the source? P.s. Its Autocarindia.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks