Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2013, 16:51   #91
BHPian

Re: The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Not sure if I can post this here or not, I booked the Octavia TSI 1.8 yesterday. I asked them today to send me the brochure in pdf format, but instead i was sent the entire collection of Team-Bhp 's first unveiling report now how proud does one feel eh? T-Bhp, respect! Dealer in discussion is Torque Automotive Ahmedabad.
Congratulations on booking the 1.8 TSI. Did the dealer mention what is the price and when it will be delivered?

Looks like you will be one of the first owners. Looking forward to your ownership thread
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 17:07   #92
Senior - BHPian

Fantastic stuff and congratulations , look forward to seeing your review soon!!

Quote:
Not sure if I can post this here or not, I booked the Octavia TSI 1.8 yesterday. I asked them today to send me the brochure in pdf format, but instead i was sent the entire collection of Team-Bhp 's first unveiling report now how proud does one feel eh? T-Bhp, respect! Dealer in discussion is Torque Automotive Ahmedabad.
puchoo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 17:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Congratulations on booking the 1.8 TSI. Did the dealer mention what is the price and when it will be delivered? Looks like you will be one of the first owners. Looking forward to your ownership thread
Hey thanks a lot! Delivery about 5th October
Old 17th September 2013, 18:19   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Hey thanks a lot! Delivery about 5th October
Congrats! Its the variant to go for given the specs.

I guess then the news I had heard from someone about the launch being on 2nd October +/- a day are true.

Another question for the gurus: what is the remap potential for the diesel given that the 6 speed dsg does support a higher state of tune. Can one remap it to the specs found on the Audi's (177 bhp 380 NM torque)?
Old 17th September 2013, 18:28   #95
BHPian

The skoda website says prices starting from 9.9 lacs. That seems to hit the sweet spot !!
Old 17th September 2013, 19:06   #96
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
The skoda website says prices starting from 9.9 lacs. That seems to hit the sweet spot !!
Where does it say 9.9 lakhs? Website doesnt show anything.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:36   #97
BHPian

The 2013 Skoda Octavia | Views of an Unofficial Expert-image2483624773.jpg

www.skoda-auto.co.in/.../TheNewOctavia
New Octavia range now starts from Rs. 9,90,705 ( Ex Showroom Thane) SKODA India, a fully owned ...

For a second I thought I had misread it.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:37   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Please post the link, I could not find 9.9 anywhere. It could be you are pulling up old Octavia rates from Google. Has happened before. Please confirm.

Edit - dude that's the old Octavia. It has been posted before. It gives a bad request when you open the page.

Last edited by eq24 : 17th September 2013 at 19:38.
Old 17th September 2013, 19:46   #99
BHPian

I just browsed the site on my comp. just check through a PC. Or google. And click on the link. This price was mentioned along with pictures of the new octavia. So cannot be the old one.
Old 17th September 2013, 20:28   #100
BHPian

Quote:
I just browsed the site on my comp. just check through a PC. Or google. And click on the link. This price was mentioned along with pictures of the new octavia. So cannot be the old one.
That price is from 2008. Here is the news from that page. At 9.9 lakhs myself and tons of others would cancel their existing bookings and go for the Octavia.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/TheNewOctavia

2/14/2008
New Octavia range now starts from Rs. 9,90,705 ( Ex Showroom Thane)
SKODA India, a fully owned subsidiary of SKODA Auto a.s. Czech Republic (Volkswagen Group), one of the fastest growing car manufacturers in Europe, today announced the launch of the new SKODA Octavia range. The Octavia product line is now available with a new high-value introduction and is a part of product realignment strategy where SKODA India wants to offer their clientele the very best. Representing the best mix of performance, safety, power and comfort the SKODA Octavia is offered at an attractive price range starting from Rs.9,90,705 (Ex showroom Thane).​​​

Last edited by wysiwyg25 : 17th September 2013 at 20:30.
wysiwyg25 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 23:52   #101
Senior - BHPian

Launching Day After at Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi. A friend has an invite from SKODA.
Old 18th September 2013, 00:13   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Launching Day After at Taj Palace Hotel in New Delhi. A friend has an invite from SKODA.
Already launched here in Ahmedabad. Ok how many of you are booking it or already did?
Old 18th September 2013, 10:53   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg25 View Post
That price is from 2008. Here is the news from that page. At 9.9 lakhs myself and tons of others would cancel their existing bookings and go for the Octavia.

http://www.skoda-auto.co.in/news/TheNewOctavia

2/14/2008
New Octavia range now starts from Rs. 9,90,705 ( Ex Showroom Thane)
SKODA India, a fully owned subsidiary of SKODA Auto a.s. Czech Republic (Volkswagen Group), one of the fastest growing car manufacturers in Europe, today announced the launch of the new SKODA Octavia range. The Octavia product line is now available with a new high-value introduction and is a part of product realignment strategy where SKODA India wants to offer their clientele the very best. Representing the best mix of performance, safety, power and comfort the SKODA Octavia is offered at an attractive price range starting from Rs.9,90,705 (Ex showroom Thane).​​​
My bad,

On the other hand, someone from Skoda is keenly observing this page. The page in question was opening yesterday and was visible along with pictures of the new car. I am sure of that. Later I could not check it, and today when I checked, the link is no longer active.
Old 20th September 2013, 12:01   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
3. Why the rear 110/220V power socket was removed is beyond comprehension. It would have been a talking point of the car and a very practical addition.
The 110/220V power socket is being shown in the image that Skoda has put up on its website where they describe the dual zone climatronic system. If it is not being offered in India Skoda should at least display a correct image. Probably they took a stock image from the European spec car.
Old 20th September 2013, 12:26   #105
Senior - BHPian

I cannot see it either now , not even in page descriptors in the search results but what a sweet pricing this is if it turns out to be true!!

Quote:
The page in question was opening yesterday and was visible along with pictures of the new car. I am sure of that. Later I could not check it, and today when I checked, the link is no longer active.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks