Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 20:28   #136
BHPian

Re: Rear AC Blower speed problem

Hi Guys!

I am facing a minor peculiar problem in my Innova VX BSIII 2013. The rear AC blower position 4 (last and high position) is not giving full blower speed but is identical to low (position 1) speed.

My 10,000 kms service is round the corner. I had gone to Amana Toyota Malappuram a month ago to show this and the grease monkeys there told me that they will take time (they want to strip the whole AC duct system to diagnose). I didn't have enough time then and I don't want them to open the whole system. So I will be giving my car for 10,000kms service in 10 days time and I want them to look at this problem then.

Any pointers as to what might be the problem? Your help will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 27th February 2014, 21:38   #137
BHPian

re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by babsmatter View Post
Booked Innova GX variant today and did a PDI with list provided in the forum.Clicked pics regarding the vehicle and the details of engine,chassis number etc.When the insurance form was being filled,I crosschecked the pic I took and noticed that the sales person provided the wrong chassis number so I immediately asked to correct.Guys check every details regarding documentation,they goof up !
Congratulations on your booking. an you provide more details on your booking experience. Why you chose the Innova GX, what other options you considered and why dropped them finally. What accessories you are thinking of and the wait time for the vehicle. Any other relevant information you think might be helpful.
geotracks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2014, 22:30   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Booked Innova GX variant today and did a PDI with list provided in the forum.Clicked pics regarding the vehicle and the details of engine,chassis number etc.When the insurance form was being filled,I crosschecked the pic I took and noticed that the sales person provided the wrong chassis number so I immediately asked to correct.Guys check every details regarding documentation,they goof up !
Congratulations on booking the GX, which colour? Could you please share with us the complete break-up of price. Hope you would have been quoted the price with reduced excise duty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Which lowest model of Innova has ABS ?

And what has been the impact of Budget on Innova prices, how much have they come down ?

Im evaluating between Innova, XUV & Duster.
The GX is the lowest variant of Innova having ABS & driver side airbag as well. In Pune the reduction has been around 21K for the GX model (would be higher for the VX & ZX). In the month of Jan 2014, I had received a quotation for GX model with an ex-showroom price of 12,43,207/- & just now checked the Toyota website. For the same model it lists the ex-showroom price of 12,22,073/-

Innova, XUV & Duster are very capable vehicles in their own league. If peace of mind, reliability are of prime importance, then look no further than the Innova. It is kind of fill it-shut it-forget it. XUV is a beast on the highways & equally agile to drive within city. However niggling issues crop-up every now & then, in the recent models M&M have been able to fix quite a few of them though. If visiting service centre quite frequently is not going to be much of a botheration, then you can consider the XUV. The Duster is a good softroader, if you are going to travel with 5 people or lesser (including yourself).
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 00:31   #139
AWD
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The GX is the lowest variant of Innova having ABS & driver side airbag as well. In Pune the reduction has been around 21K for the GX model

If peace of mind, reliability are of prime importance, then look no further than the Innova. XUV However niggling issues crop-up every now & then, If visiting service centre quite frequently is not going to be much of a botheration, then you can consider the XUV. The Duster is a good softroader, if you are going to travel with 5 people.
So Innova base model still does not get ABS! Don't know when will Toyotas obsession with cost cutting in the Indian market end. I don't see much reduction in prices compared to what competition has done, I was expecting a bigger cut.

Yes peace of mind is paramount, who has the time to rush to the service center every now & then. Moreover who would like to do that! Specially considering the fact that vehicles in todays times are becoming increasingly reliable & what does XUV offer above the competition that one should ignore the reliability part.

Duster seems to be a good compromise between the two, get reliability close to Innova, pick-up of XUV & with added advantage of FE. A win-win situation.

P.S: Seating more than 4 is not a requirement for me.
Old 28th February 2014, 08:55   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD View Post
Specially considering the fact that vehicles in todays times are becoming increasingly reliable & what does XUV offer above the competition that one should ignore the reliability part.
The base model of the XUV5OO, W4, which is 20K cheaper than the base model "G" of the Innova, offers ABS with EBD, all wheel disc brakes, dual front air bags, 6 speed gear box, 40% more power & almost 65% more torque (than the Innova), projector headlamps, power adjustable ORVMs, power windows, remote central locking, rear wash & wipe, rear demister, follow-me homelamps etc. If only M&M could make the XUV, half as reliable as the Innova.

Quote:
Duster seems to be a good compromise between the two, get reliability close to Innova, pick-up of XUV & with added advantage of FE. A win-win situation.

P.S: Seating more than 4 is not a requirement for me.
You are spot on, Duster is the best option for you , given your requirement of carrying no more than 4 people at any point in time. You can get the best of both worlds sedan & SUVs.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 16:22   #141
BHPian

Thanks everyone,took the delivery of Innova GX Variant Silver colour and would like to further share the experience as requested by the members.I would simply rate the toyota sales experience as 5 *****,the reason is obvious from initial calls to the delivery process everything was prompt upto the mark,no complaints whatsoever(I will elaborate this on my review of ownership).Initially considered to go with Compact SUV rage and guys I waited almost a year for my every options.I did took few test drives on broken roads with every option available and would still say Innova was the best for its ride quality amongst the lot.Will be exploring my options regarding accessories,any help regarding 2 din music system will be highly appreciated,Regards.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-img_3150.jpg  

babsmatter is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 12:11   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone,took the delivery of Innova GX Variant Silver colour and would like to further share the experience as requested by the members.I would simply rate the toyota sales experience as 5 *****,the reason is obvious from initial calls to the delivery process everything was prompt upto the mark,no complaints whatsoever(I will elaborate this on my review of ownership).Initially considered to go with Compact SUV rage and guys I waited almost a year for my every options.I did took few test drives on broken roads with every option available and would still say Innova was the best for its ride quality amongst the lot.Will be exploring my options regarding accessories,any help regarding 2 din music system will be highly appreciated,Regards.
Congratulations on your purchase!
I guarantee you that you will never repent on your decision.The Innova does make sense over those mini-suvs if space is not an issue.The only mini-suv which has a good suspension setup is the Renault Duster.I havent test-driven the Terrano so cant comment on it.The Eco-sport does ride as plush as the Duster.
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:18   #143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks everyone,took the delivery of Innova GX Variant Silver colour and would like to further share the experience as requested by the members.
Congratulations on getting the delivery of your Innova. Please share more pictures. Would appreciate if you can share your choice of Innova over other cars.

Quote:
I will elaborate this on my review of ownership
Looking forward to your ownership thread. Also please do share the price break-up. How much reduction was attributed to excise duty change? Did you take the delivery from DSK Toyota? Any discounts/freebies offered?
Old 2nd March 2014, 14:47   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
I am a proud owner of Maroon Innova G3 from the first lot introduced in early 2005. Besides periodic Service apropos Service Manual the only expense has been Change of Stock Bridgestone after 60000.00Km. Among all cars I have owned till date including Fiat, HM, Maruti, SKODA, Tata, Innova has had the lowest TCO. Surely there are many miles to go with this prized possession.

Hi, mines is a 2005 as well but is a G3 as V did not have bench seats those days and we specifically wanted bench due to kids

I have clocked 112000km and on 2nd set of tyres and battery, else everything is practically unchanged

TCO, yes you are right I don't think anyone can beat Innova. These days I usually take Smile service package
Anupam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 16:33   #145
BHPian

Thanks @dean5545 @autoindian.I am myself 6'.1" so space was a issue regarding my other choices of shootouts.The usual suspects were Renault Duster and its cousin Terrano.Both were fun to drive,had a good suspension setup etc but you cant ignore Innovas drive quality as well,regarding space and comfort ?Competition dont even exist here,right guys and the overall value for money the product offers is just awesome.My friends did argued with me for fuel economy the suspects offered and all I have to say with a smile was the maintenance cost and the resale value will add up to the tank but comfort cant to the suspects.After the excise benefit I was able to save around 30,000 rs to the previously qouted amount.The choice was obvious,Cheers!
babsmatter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2014, 18:20   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on your purchase. Innova is the best and most reliable vehicle you could buy.

I would suggest a Caska HU or Megaaudio Android HU

http://www.carlounz.com/index.php/me...ombo-3941.html

http://www.caskaindia.com/toyota
scopriobharath is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 23:03   #147
BHPian

For my Innova, 3rd service was done on Last September.
But after that the vehicle has run only 3500km for last 5 months. I understand that the next service ie the 4th one is to be done at 6months or 5000km whichever is earlier.
My question is it mandatory to follow the time schedule? or simply can I wait till the odo reaches 15000km?
regards, bbhavan
Old 5th March 2014, 09:01   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
But after that the vehicle has run only 3500km for last 5 months. I understand that the next service ie the 4th one is to be done at 6months or 5000km whichever is earlier.
My question is it mandatory to follow the time schedule? or simply can I wait till the odo reaches 15000km?
regards, bbhavan

I have been servicing my Innova at 15,000km interval as my running is quite high and can't afford to service it every month. I haven't faced any issues till now. I serviced my car at 96500 km and then directly at 111000km although I kept a watch at the oil level and kept cleaning the air filter. And I am using synthetic oil right from start. I guess that helps too. Also the 5000km intervals are totally avoidable, it is the 10,000km that's important.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 09:07   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
regards, bbhavan
As I have observed it is not necessary. I have had situations where the period got long due to some reason or other and it had no impact on the worryfree running of the Innova.

However, due to various reasons like oil and oil filter, especially if due in the service, it is better to try conform to the schedule.

But most importantly, make sure to follow the schedule atleast until the Warranty Period of 3 years is over, otherwise Toyota won't be any different from anybody else.
parsh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 17:56   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
But most importantly, make sure to follow the schedule atleast until the Warranty Period of 3 years is over, otherwise Toyota won't be any different from anybody else.
Well, I don't want to tamper the Warranty. So till then, its better to follow the rules.
bbhavan

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks