Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2013, 15:08   #91
BANNED

re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

The national engine of India produces 75 & 90 BHP for a 1.25L CC. That makes for about 60 & 72 BHP/CC and the engine is amongst the most reliable. So amount of power per CC shouldn't have an effect on reliability IMO. It's just the positioning of the vehicle to prevent fortuner sales cannibalisation, that the innova is kept intentionally low on power.
chaudh2s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2013, 02:57   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicks View Post
thanks for the lovely review parrys!

i just booked mine today, VX 7 seater in grey mica
If you do a lot of highway / triple digit speed stints - I suggest upgrade to 225/60R15 tires for their amazing steering feel and leech like grip. My exp is though limited to yokohama c.drives whch I have now purchased four times across cars, for their performance.

On the other hand, the stock setup should do well for normal driving
Buffetfan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 11:34   #93
Senior - BHPian

Friends, couldn't find a relevant thread, hence posting my query here, hope you don't mind. I am looking for a pre-worshipped Innova, preferably a "GX" or a "VX" variant, because this is the only variant which offers both ABS & Airbags. I want to know since when this naming convention started "GX" or "VX". The older models came with "G3", "G4", "V" etc. Amongst the older which is the lowest variant that has ABS & at least driver side airbags?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 12:17   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friends, couldn't find a relevant thread, hence posting my query here, hope you don't mind. I am looking for a pre-worshipped Innova, preferably a "GX" or a "VX" variant, because this is the only variant which offers both ABS & Airbags. I want to know since when this naming convention started "GX" or "VX". The older models came with "G3", "G4", "V" etc. Amongst the older which is the lowest variant that has ABS & at least driver side airbags?
None of the Gen 1 (G2,G3,G4) had airbags and ABS. only the "V" had ABS+Airbags. Innova does NOT offer curtain airbags in any model
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 12:32   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The nomenclature of VX, GX, etc. started with the previous facelift of Innova.

Only V/VX has Airbags and ABS in Innova.
raj_5004 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 13:35   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
None of the Gen 1 (G2,G3,G4) had airbags and ABS. only the "V" had ABS+Airbags. Innova does NOT offer curtain airbags in any model
Thanks for pitching in scopriobharath. So for me it is only the "V" variant. I don't mind the absence of curtain bags, but ABS & front airbags is a must

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
The nomenclature of VX, GX, etc. started with the previous facelift of Innova.

Only V/VX has Airbags and ABS in Innova.
Thanks for your inputs as well raj_5004. Any idea since when the previous facelift of Innova started, 2007 or 2008? Not sure if you noticed it but it seems the GX variant offers only driver side airbags, where the VX offers both driver & passenger side. Refer the brochure screen shot below, which I downloaded in July '13.

Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-innova-variant-airbags.jpg
Old 31st December 2013, 13:47   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I want to know since when this naming convention started "GX" or "VX". The older models came with "G3", "G4", "V" etc. Amongst the older which is the lowest variant that has ABS & at least driver side airbags?
First generation was till early 2009. 2009 saw first facelift with horizontal chrome slats in front grill & change in tail lamps. 2010 saw addition of intercooler with no other changes. GX variant & change in nomenclature of variants was done somewhere in 2009 or 2010.
2012 was major facelift with change in headlamps, bonnet among others. 2012 change also introduced GX variant having ABS.

I hope this answers your queries.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2013, 16:07   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for pitching in scopriobharath. So for me it is only the "V" variant. I don't mind the absence of curtain bags, but ABS & front airbags is a must

Thanks for your inputs as well raj_5004. Any idea since when the previous facelift of Innova started, 2007 or 2008? Not sure if you noticed it but it seems the GX variant offers only driver side airbags, where the VX offers both driver & passenger side. Refer the brochure screen shot below, which I downloaded in July '13.
Yes - Gen 1 Innovas have Airbags on the V model only. the 2012 facelift model had driver side only airbags even for the GX version.
Old 31st December 2013, 16:21   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Yes - Gen 1 Innovas have Airbags on the V model only. the 2012 facelift model had driver side only airbags even for the GX version.
Thanks for the clarification scopriobharath. In that case then do the Gen 1 Innovas have ABS on variants like G2, G3, G4 etc?

edit: Saw your earlier post & it seems the variants like G2, G3, G4 did not come with ABS, correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 31st December 2013 at 16:23.
Old 31st December 2013, 18:13   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification scopriobharath. In that case then do the Gen 1 Innovas have ABS on variants like G2, G3, G4 etc?

edit: Saw your earlier post & it seems the variants like G2, G3, G4 did not come with ABS, correct me if I am wrong.
yes - other than "V", none of the models have ABS.
Old 1st January 2014, 11:02   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry, I though you were talking about dual airbags.

As others correctly mentioned, only the facelifted Innovas (with the new headlights and bumpers) have driver Airbag and ABS in the GX variant.

Before that, only 'V' had Airbags and ABS.
Old 1st January 2014, 11:12   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
Sorry, I though you were talking about dual airbags.

As others correctly mentioned, only the facelifted Innovas (with the new headlights and bumpers) have driver Airbag and ABS in the GX variant.

Before that, only 'V' had Airbags and ABS.
No worries mate. So if it is the older models then it is only "V" for me. If it is the facelifted ones then either "GX" or "VX" is fine with me. Now the question is since when (Month-Year) the GX/VX variants were introduced?
Old 1st January 2014, 23:21   #103
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now the question is since when (Month-Year) the GX/VX variants were introduced?
I digged out anniversary issues(September) of Autocar India from 2008 & 2009. Buyer's guide in 2008 showed variants as G1, G4 & V whereas 2009 showed variants as G, GX & VX. So, I feel change in variant nomenclature was done when facelift was introduced in Q1 2009.

As I have only anniversary issues of Autocar, I can't pinpoint exact month for this change.
sukiwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2014, 09:04   #104
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
No worries mate. So if it is the older models then it is only "V" for me. If it is the facelifted ones then either "GX" or "VX" is fine with me. Now the question is since when (Month-Year) the GX/VX variants were introduced?
Why don't you write to Toyota asking for this information? They might be able to solve your confusion regarding variants and when it all changed.
Old 2nd January 2014, 20:13   #105
BHPian

I have a lot of respect for the innova, as a car that just muches away lacs of kilometers without breaking into a sweat.

My relative bought one of the first innovas in 2005 it was a V variant, at around 10.2 lakhs on road. It is still in really good nick even after 1 lakh kms and commands a resale value of 6.5 Lakhs. This is great VALUE!

In 2005 with cars like Honda City costing nearly 8 lakhs the Innova was good value for money. Thus attracting a lot of sedan buyers towards the innova. The ASS, Performance and Reliability and the Diesel factor was all icing on the cake back then.

Periodic Serivice though at a frequent 5000kms is rarely expensive. According to my relative it is cheaper to maintain than his Santro.

The only gripe is that Toyota' greediness and the Government taxes have brought up the car price by nearly 60% over the last 9 years.

Now in comparison to the 2005 scenario the car doesnot seem value at all. That to a car that hasnt changed much. And keep in mind that diesel prices have also gone through the roof and fuel consumption isnt really a strength for the innova. Also the engine performance is inadequate in comparison to the contemporary engines.

After Sales Service and the Reliability is still a major factor going for it and may be those are the only factor pulling 5000 customers towards it month on month.

Will have to wait and see whether they are able to sustain the same volume in the months to come. I seriously have my doubts.
sureshkishore is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks