Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2014, 10:20   #241
Senior - BHPian

re: Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift

Good news for all existing and potential Innova customers. Toyota Innova tops the J.D. Power Initial Quality Study 2014. According to J.D. Power Asia Pacific 2014 India Initial Quality StudySM (IQS), Toyota Innova ranks highest in the MUV/MPV segment scoring the least with respect to PP100 (problems per 100 vehicles).

Further details can be found in the below article published in Motoroids:

http://www.motoroids.com/news/toyota...ty-study-2014/
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 11:23   #242
Senior - BHPian

Friends I am planning to go for the side foot steps/ foot board for my Innova. Can someone suggest the best brand and the tentative price range. I want the step to be as much flush as possible to the wheels. Higher protrusion beyond the wheels would increase the risk of scraping the wheels to the pillars in my apartment parking.
Old 14th December 2014, 12:18   #243
BHPian

Armrest console box for Innova

Checked again with Toyota for the console box during my vehicle's 40K service yesterday at Nandi Toyota. This time got a friendly SA and got the got the proper details.
Placed the order for the same which cost around Rs 9500 and will be getting the same around Tuesday.
Will post the picture after fixing the same.
Old 14th December 2014, 13:59   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavu75 View Post
Checked again with Toyota for the console box during my vehicle's 40K service yesterday at Nandi Toyota. This time got a friendly SA and got the got the proper details.
Placed the order for the same which cost around Rs 9500 and will be getting the same around Tuesday.
Will post the picture after fixing the same.
What do you mean by console box, is it the music player? Or something. Please give details.
Old 14th December 2014, 15:04   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
What do you mean by console box, is it the music player? Or something. Please give details.

He means to say the centre console. The panel which has the armrest and the gear lever cover. This is absent in the lower trims. The lower trims gear lever is like the Qualis and there is just one compartment in place of the armrest.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2014, 16:01   #246
BHPian

i am on lookout for a sturdy roof carrier which can be easily installed and removed.
Thule is expensive. I like Rouf Rail but there is no dealer in Delhi. Any other idea please?
Old 14th December 2014, 19:46   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mroptimist View Post
Please look at this link for the details. Will post the snaps post installation.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3591101
kavu75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2014, 00:36   #248
BHPian

Hey bhpians!
I want a reverse camera which fits around the license plate,I have a Sony system and its built in ready for reverse camera.I did some research and found out optional camera supplied by Sony as XA-R800
C but the problem is its not officially launched here in India.Please let me know any other quality camera/brand which is available,Thanks.
Old 4th January 2015, 23:16   #249
BHPian

Is the Innova's suspension setup a bit stiff?

The Toyota Innova diesel is a good MUV. Every person I've spoken to and all the threads in the websites I've visited have heavily praised the ride comfort of the vehicle. My dad owns a 2008-G4-7seater and it handles extremely well at moderate to high speeds. My home town is Pathanamthitta, the beautiful hill district of Kerala that is also notorius for bad roads. Oncoming trucks and busses have, on two or three occassions made me jump off one-foot-high shoulders, and the van responded with only slight thuds. It never lost composure nor did it sway from side to side much. Now that is impressive. However, I personally feel that the ride comfort at lower speeds, especially over bad roads leaves much to be desired. It dosent sway heavily like the popular SUV's we see, but its certainly on the stiffer side. Patchworked roads seem create the biggest problems. Is there anybody who feels the same?

One cant' always drive fast, especially with elders or toddlers on board. My problem is that I always have either my parents or my wife and our baby girl with me. I therefore, always have to drive slow over anything other than rubberised highways. The Innova tends to sway in sharp jerks that upset occupants on all seats. I've tried different speeds and different tyre pressures over the same roads. Its always the same, speed up or wobble around. I really love the vehicle for every other aspect of it. We had an Etios Liva for a short while before it got totalled one night. It actually behaved better under 50 kmph. I've fitted Michellins of the stock 205 size on all four rims. Two thousand kilometers say they are much better than the OE Bridgestone B390s. I regularly check and set the pressure at 30psi. I have also gotten the shock absorbers inspected at the nearest Toyota Service center. They're OK. What more should I do? I am on the brink of trading off this vehicle (thats actually good in other aspects) for a used corolla. Maybe its my driving or even the roads in my area, but is there any viable explanation or solution to this? Can anything be possibly done to soften the front coil springs atleast, or maybe even install shocks with different damping rates. The rear seems to be soft enough atleast when fully laden (the rear shocks seem perfectly caliberated as well). Any help or advice will be highly appreciated. I also hope that this post is in the correct thread/location. Thanks in advance.
Attached Thumbnails
Review: 2013 Toyota Innova Facelift-innova_01-copy.jpg  

aravind422 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 09:20   #250
BHPian

The Innova's suspension is not that stiff. And it never bounces off potholes. I suggest you get your suspension checked. I keep 31psi at all tyres. See if that helps. Even I have Michelins.
To actually see whether it's your cars fault try test driving a new Innova if you feel the same way even then then let go off the Innova. And I don't think Corolla will help you in such a situation.
dean5545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 09:49   #251
BHPian

Re: Is the Innova's suspension setup a bit stiff?

Speaking from 2 and half years of ownership , I do not find the suspension to be too stiff. It depends on the load ,I find it a bit bouncy if I am travelling alone. On the other hand if I travel with 4 -5 people or with lots of weekend luggage , the suspension is a lot softer and handles more comfortably. None of my passengers have complained about bouncy rides so far.

I thought Michellin tyres were softer than the stock B390s and you still feel the suspension is hard ? Try changing the service center .
girimajiananth is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 10:28   #252
Senior - BHPian

In previous years I used to travel a lot, and have gone through two Innovas. First was used 1.9 Lakh km and the second 1.6 Lakh km. Suspension or otherwise the vehicle is perfect, only two issues I faced were chassis cross member immediately behind front wheels scraping speed breakers, and high engine noise above 80 kph due to overall low gearing.

If your vehicle hasn't run much some components in the suspension may have hardened. The shock absorber bushes etc in the Innova are changable, and should be changed after a particular age.

Rahul
Rahul Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2015, 17:51   #253
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind422 View Post
My dad owns a 2008-G4-7seater and it handles extremely well at moderate to high speeds. However, I personally feel that the ride comfort at lower speeds, especially over bad roads leaves much to be desired. It dosent sway heavily like the popular SUV's we see, but its certainly on the stiffer side.
I think your observations are spot on. I also find the Innova a tad too firm at low speed. However, most cars with excellent high speed ride quality & road manners are stiffer at low speeds (drive any German ).

First thing to do is check how severe the problem is with your Innova, and whether it's isolated. Drive another Innova with identical tyre pressures and confirm.

Speaking of which, you can drop the air pressure by 2 PSI in the city. This'll make a noticeable difference. Also make sure the air pressure gauge you're using is accurate. Could be that your tyres are over-inflated.

Please don't sell it just for the ride quality (or lack of). There are lots of things you can do to improve comfort levels: Softer premium seat upholstery, downsizing the wheel size to 14" with taller tyre sidewalls, dropping the air pressure by 2 PSI in the city etc. etc.
GTO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th January 2015, 18:27   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind422 View Post
One cant' always drive fast, especially with elders or toddlers on board. My problem is that I always have either my parents or my wife and our baby girl with me. I therefore, always have to drive slow over anything other than rubberised highways. The Innova tends to sway in sharp jerks that upset occupants on all seats.
IMHO, this is a basic S/M-UV vs Sedan question. UV's give you great advantages on Indian roads, but due to higer ground clearance, would tend to sway more than low-slung sedans. I understand your issue, but I dont suppose you would be able to get better ride quality in UV's.
Also, isn't the recommended tyre pressure 33 PSI?
Old 9th January 2015, 20:30   #255
Senior - BHPian

Friends, can anyone please guide me to the location from where I can get the user manual soft copy (pdf) for Type-1 Innova. I searched the Owner's Manual thread over here ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...ml#post2708999, however the file is no longer available on Rapid Share. Need one asap before giving my car for 55K service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks