Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st December 2014, 21:48   #16
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Some random interior shots:

Driver and Passenger seat viewed from RHS

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-driver-passenger-seat-viewed-rhs.jpg

Second row seats viewed from RHS

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-second-row-seats-viewed-rhs.jpg

Third row seats viewed from front

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-third-row-seats-viewed-front.jpg

Second and Third row seats viewed from front

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-second-third-row-seats-viewed-front.jpg

Second and Front row seats viewed from back
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-second-front-row-seats-viewed-back.jpg

Pioneer 779BT system in red colour

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-pioneer-779bt-system-red-colour.jpg

Cockpit - Simple yet classy dials

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-cockpit-simple-yet-classy-dials.jpg

Speedometer dial

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-speedometer-dial.jpg

Tachometer dial

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-tachometer-dial.jpg

Dual Tone Steering wheel cover
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dual-tone-steering-wheel-cover.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st December 2014, 22:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Some closing shots:

Floor Lamination in front of driver seat

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-floor-lamination-front-driver-seat.jpg

ABC pedals in the backdrop of floor lamination

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-abc-pedals-backdrop-floor-lamination.jpg

The gear lever and floor lamination below

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-gear-lever-floor-lamination-below.jpg

Floor Lamination in front of second row seats
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-floor-lamination-front-second-row-seats.jpg

Closer view of Floor Lamination in front of second row seats

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-closer-view-floor-lamination-front-second-row-seats.jpg

Rear side of car with boot open
. Isn't it an irony, the "Duster" inside the Innova
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-rear-side-car-boot-open.jpg

All three rows of seats viewed from rear

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-all-three-rows-seats-viewed-rear.jpg

This is what matters the most - Under the Hood

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-what-matters-most-under-hood.jpg

The Golden rotating pagoda. This I got in legacy from the previous owner. It rotates on solar power.
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-golden-rotating-pagoda.jpg

Without his blessings all this would not have been possible - Lord Ganesha

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-without-his-blessings-nothing-possible-lord-ganesha.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 12:51   #18
Team-BHP Support

Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Aditya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:29   #19
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Congrats AutoIndian on your new "old" car. It sure is an awesome deal and the looks super cool after all the work you have carried out.

Wishing you lots of miles on your new car.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 17:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

autoIndian - congrats. I think you made a focussed approach to look for an Innova and got a good car.

Went through the TLC that you have done to the vehicle and I think again it shows careful planning and prudent spending. This is a good way to spend money on a used vehicle to bring it back to the best possible "new car" condition/feel.

Did you consider painting the door handles/wing mirrors/roof carrier also black ? In my personal view, it would have looked good.

The rotating "pagoda" is something I saw often in my recent trip to Sikkim and it was widely sold at many shops. I regret not picking up one.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 18:55   #21
BHPian

the side foot steps goes very well with your black innova ,what brand are those and price ?
I have not seen this on any innova down south .
i remember having seen those reflections in range rover or x 5 , the holes reflecting on the side lower body.
Rovergen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 19:30   #22
BHPian

Congrats on your Innova and wish you many miles ahead

Your pics reminded me of our previous innova 2008 model(V),black color -8 seater.We sold it off in 2012 after doing 2.5L kms.We never had any major works done on it except for regular service,brake pads and cultch overhaul(at 1.4L kms or so).It was 95% Chauffeur driven and has been driven on different types of terrain(no roads,state highway and 4-lane roads)

After selling Innova we thought of purchasing XUV/Fortuner but after multiple TD's and with all the complaints/issues cropping up in XUV decided against it and finally a bought another Innova but this time a 7-seater one in grey color.

As of today it has munched 1.2L kms with just regular service and a tyre change.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 20:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
We never had any major works done on it except for regular service,brake pads and cultch overhaul(at 1.4L kms or so).It was 95% Chauffeur driven and has been driven on different types of terrain(no roads,state highway and 4-lane roads)

As of today it has munched 1.2L kms with just regular service and a tyre change.
Weren't even shock absorbers changed in either vehicle even once ?
Old 22nd December 2014, 21:21   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Weren't even shock absorbers changed in either vehicle even once ?

We were advised to do suspension overhaul soon just before selling it.
The buyer was a taxi fleet owner and he didnt seem to have problem with it.
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2014, 23:05   #25
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Hello AutoIndian,

Congratulations on the Innova!
I have been following your posts on the forum regarding your search for a used Innova for quite sometime. Even though it took some time but all's well that ends well. Kudos to your patience. The car looks good and i for one always feel that after buying any used car one should keep 50k-100k aside for sorting out some minor niggles and addition of some accessories. As you are getting the painting work done, may i suggest you blacken the alloys. It will just enhance the looks of your car.

All the best with one of the best car in the Indian market.

Asit Kulkarni
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 00:28   #26
BHPian

Congrats AutoIndian for your Innova. Black Workhorse is a apt name for Innova. You have got a sweet deal and I am sure you will have a wonderful time with it. for your efforts in penning comprehensive review.
prabhu789 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 07:50   #27
BANNED

Now that is a beautiful car which you have laid your hands on. Been following every post of yours in almost all MUV/UV threads when you were on a searching spree.

Was more curious as to how the car would be but I was happy seeing the car and the is current state. Sit back and relax the enjoyable drive you'll have with this workhorse.

The colour, Black is divine but a pain during maintenance.

I have just seen that you have done floor lamination from end-to-end. Do you have any plans of getting for mats over this lamination?

Congratulations once again and wish you happy long (s)miles with this beauty.

Anurag.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:33   #28
BHPian

Congratulations on the car. Great to see that the vehicle is enjoying your care with all modifications. What was the total cost for all the modifications that were carried out? Enjoy the car and Drive safe.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:20   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thread moved from the Assembly Line to the Initial Ownership Section. Thanks for sharing!
Thank you Aditya and the whole moderator team (GTO, Eddy etc) for moving my thread to the "Assembly Line" forum, giving me private space to write a detailed review at my own pace and then moving it back over here. I now understand the importance of "Assembly Line" forum. It gives you complete flexibility and whole time in the world to write a comprehensive review as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Congrats AutoIndietan on your new "old" car. It sure is an awesome deal and the looks super cool after all the work you have carried out.

Wishing you lots of miles on your new car.
Thank you satan's_valet for your wishes. The long wait of 10 months was really worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
autoIndian - congrats. I think you made a focussed approach to look for an Innova and got a good car.
Thank you narayan for your wishes. Once I made up my mind to go for an Innova, there was no looking back. However the price of a brand new V model from showroom (close to 17 lacs) was a big deterrent. Though I had the capacity to make 100% downpayment, it did not make much financial sense. To tell you the truth there is hardly any difference between a brand new Innova and a 5 year old Innova. So when I am getting a good 5 year old car at half the price, then which one should I opt for?

Quote:
Went through the TLC that you have done to the vehicle and I think again it shows careful planning and prudent spending. This is a good way to spend money on a used vehicle to bring it back to the best possible "new car" condition/feel.
I had a budget of 8 lacs. I was indeed lucky to get this vintage car @ 7.4 lacs. This meant I had the luxury to splurge the balance 60K on sprucing up the car and that is exactly what I did.

Quote:
Did you consider painting the door handles/wing mirrors/roof carrier also black ? In my personal view, it would have looked good.
I appreciate your view, but right now I have exhausted all the budget. May be this I can plan during the second renewal phase 2-3 years down the line.

Quote:
The rotating "pagoda" is something I saw often in my recent trip to Sikkim and it was widely sold at many shops. I regret not picking up one.
It is indeed an eye catcher. It keeps on rotating when sunlight falls on its sensor and stops when there is none. Wish the rotation could have been more silent, it makes a mild "grr..grr" noise while rotating. To be honest I don't like any sounds other than that of the engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovergen View Post
the side foot steps goes very well with your black innova ,what brand are those and price ?
I have not seen this on any innova down south .
i remember having seen those reflections in range rover or x 5 , the holes reflecting on the side lower body.
Thank you Rovergen for your kind words. The foot steps are of M-Tek make. This is one of the best brands currently available in the market. Costed me 5.8K with fitting. Just a minor correction, those are not holes on the steps, but are rubber buttons, to give that extra grip to the footwear while getting in the car. The plain aluminum ones become slippery after usage, moreover this gives a sporty look, doesn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Congrats on your Innova and wish you many miles ahead
Thank you harsha.muvva for your wishes.

Quote:
Your pics reminded me of our previous innova 2008 model(V),black color -8 seater.We sold it off in 2012 after doing 2.5L kms.We never had any major works done on it except for regular service,brake pads and cultch overhaul(at 1.4L kms or so).It was 95% Chauffeur driven and has been driven on different types of terrain(no roads,state highway and 4-lane roads)
My goodness, 2.5L kms in 4 years flat , it means you were averaging out more than 80K kms a year. Did you ever shut down that Innova engine for resting in garage or was it perennially "ON" the road?

Quote:
After selling Innova we thought of purchasing XUV/Fortuner but after multiple TD's and with all the complaints/issues cropping up in XUV decided against it and finally a bought another Innova but this time a 7-seater one in grey color.

So an "Innova"ian would always be an "Innova"ian, no wonder you brought another Innova. But it is interesting to know that you switched over form 8 seater to a 7 seater, why the change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asit.kulkarni93 View Post
Hello AutoIndian,

Congratulations on the Innova!
I have been following your posts on the forum regarding your search for a used Innova for quite sometime. Even though it took some time but all's well that ends well. Kudos to your patience.
Thank you for your wishes asit.kulkarni93. My search for a worthy replacement to my Indica has stretched well over 5 years and then the search for a used Innova for well over 10 months. You are right, I had been very patient all this while. Rather I had so much overdose of patience that my family members had lost all of theirs and were getting very frustrated by each passing day.

Quote:
The car looks good and i for one always feel that after buying any used car one should keep 50k-100k aside for sorting out some minor niggles and addition of some accessories.
You are so very right. I had kept aside the 60K for addition of some accessories and those have been spent well. Fortunately I haven't come across any major niggles yet (touchwood). Will run it for 2K more kms, before giving it for the 55K service. That time I am plannig to spend some more to get some missing stuff in place.

Quote:
As you are getting the painting work done, may i suggest you blacken the alloys. It will just enhance the looks of your car.

All the best with one of the best car in the Indian market.

Asit Kulkarni
I have note down your suggestion and will surely give it a thought in the second round of renowation, 2-3 years down the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhu789 View Post
Congrats AutoIndian for your Innova. Black Workhorse is a apt name for Innova. You have got a sweet deal and I am sure you will have a wonderful time with it. for your efforts in penning comprehensive review.
Thank you prabhu789 for those sweet words. When I brought it home on 8th Nov, I had named it "Sullivan" which means dark coloured or dark eyed one and there is also a "van" in this name, so apt for the Innova as it is a van. However later on I thought, why to complicate a name and lets rechristen it as plain simple "Black Workhorse"

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Now that is a beautiful car which you have laid your hands on. Been following every post of yours in almost all MUV/UV threads when you were on a searching spree.
Thank you a4anurag for your compliments. Yes I was madly searching for a replacement in almost all MUV/UV threads, hence posted queries everywhere. Also I remember you responding to most of those, I really appreciate the efforts taken by you. I can also recollect your comment that though you/ your Dad has gone with the Ertiga you always had a soft corner for the Innova and given a choice you would have gone for it over the Ertiga.

Quote:
Was more curious as to how the car would be but I was happy seeing the car and the is current state. Sit back and relax the enjoyable drive you'll have with this workhorse.
You know what, I do exactly the same thing during my daily commutes to office. I have pulled the seat back and sit in a relaxed position. I enjoy driving it in a leisurely manner.

Quote:
The colour, Black is divine but a pain during maintenance.
No doubt about that, but to be honest I had no choice. So decided to live with it and the first thing I did was to purchase a Jopasu Duster. Just one swipe and it removes all the unwanted dust, cleaning the car has never been so convenient and enjoyable. The rubbing and polishing I did from my friendly garage has completely change the car's outlook. I have now made it a point to repeat this polishing ritual at least once or twice a year.

Quote:
I have just seen that you have done floor lamination from end-to-end. Do you have any plans of getting for mats over this lamination?
The earlier owner had laid down two sets of mats, one black rubber make and the other biege palstic (translucent type). I have removed the plastic mats altogether and put the black rubber mats on top of the lamination. Will use this combination for couple of months to see how it holds.

Quote:
Congratulations on the car. Great to see that the vehicle is enjoying your care with all modifications. What was the total cost for all the modifications that were carried out? Enjoy the car and Drive safe.
Thank you JoseVijay for your wishes. As I mentioned earlier the modifications/ accessories costed me around 40K and the new set of 4 tyres 20K. For the benefit of all members I am giving below the break-up of total cost.

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-accessories-breakup.jpg
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dentingpainting-polishing-breakup.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 23rd December 2014 at 10:32.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2014, 10:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Anurag.
The floor lamination makes the floor very slippery.

My friend who did the same had to use some rubber mats to get them to stay in one piece.

Even I am curious to know how OP resolved this.

Edit:

We seem to have posted at the same time.

Thank you and wish you happy motoring

Last edited by batterylow : 23rd December 2014 at 10:22. Reason: Question answered
batterylow is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks