Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th January 2015, 18:45   #91
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

That's a great average considering the fact that you drove a good amount of kms in city(office). Going through your writeups I feel to highjack your thread by posting some pics of my car. Thought they both are black, it will be no problem as the thread name too states "Black workhorse".
What type of mud flaps did you fit? Original fully grown curved ones or flat after market?
I am just curious because I have gone for the original ones but Type-1 were not available. Ordered and waited for a month to get Type-2 mudflaps. Hence there is a gap between thm and the mudguard at the rear.
Anyways below are few pics of my Ajmer trip. If you can spot the mudflaps with gap then let me know.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0824_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0821_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0814_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0776_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0775_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0774_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0773_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0772_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0745aaaaa.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0752aaaaaa.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0849___f.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0805___.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0790jjj.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0733_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0715_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0721_a.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0615.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dsc_0558_a.jpg  

Last edited by SHAHBAAZ : 7th January 2015 at 19:02.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2015, 22:15   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
That's a great average considering the fact that you drove a good amount of kms in city(office).
I am fortunate to get almost clear roads during my return trips from office as I work in second shift and usually leave the office @ 10:30pm. So that time of the day there is sparse traffic and majority of the signals have called it off for the day. This can be a major contributor in the increased mileage, besides the one outstation trip and the increased tyre pressure (34-35 psi)

Quote:
Going through your writeups I feel to highjack your thread by posting some pics of my car. Thought they both are black, it will be no problem as the thread name too states "Black workhorse".
By all means . You can use this thread itself to share the details of your car/ travelogues, post pictures etc. If you want I can even request the mods to change the thread title to "A Story of Two Black Workhorses"

Quote:
What type of mud flaps did you fit? Original fully grown curved ones or flat after market? I am just curious because I have gone for the original ones but Type-1 were not available. Ordered and waited for a month to get Type-2 mudflaps. Hence there is a gap between thm and the mudguard at the rear.
Anyways below are few pics of my Ajmer trip. If you can spot the mudflaps with gap then let me know.
I don't know whether the ones, which I have fitted are Type-1 or Type-2, however these have fitted perfectly on the wheel guards. They have Innova embossed on them and are curved ones. Will try to take some pictures tomorrow and post here.

Nice pictures of your Ajmer trip. I can co-relate as I had done Ajmer and Pushkar during my Delhi trip in 2010.
Old 8th January 2015, 10:31   #93
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I don't know whether the ones, which I have fitted are Type-1 or Type-2, however these have fitted perfectly on the wheel guards. They have Innova embossed on them and are curved ones. Will try to take some pictures tomorrow and post here.
Here are some pictures of the mud flaps that I fitted yesterday. Just notice the amount of muck collected on the wheel fenders prior to the fitment of mud flaps (even in this non-rainy season). I cannot imagine what would be the condition of the car in rainy season without these mud flaps.

LHS Front Wheel mud-flap Exterior Shot
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-lhs-front-wheel-mudflap-exterior-shot.jpg

LHS Front Wheel mud-flap Interior Shot

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-lhs-front-wheel-mudflap-interior-shot.jpg

LHS Rear Wheel mud-flap Exterior Shot

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-lhs-rear-wheel-mudflap-exterior-shot.jpg

LHS Rear Wheel mud-flap Interior shot

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-lhs-rear-wheel-mudflap-interior-shot.jpg

RHS Front Wheel mud-flap Exterior Shot

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-rhs-front-wheel-mudflap-exterior-shot.jpg

RHS Front Wheel mud-flap Interior Shot
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-rhs-front-wheel-mudflap-interior-shot.jpg

RHS Rear Wheel mud-flap Interior Shot
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-rhs-rear-wheel-mudflap-exterior-shot.jpg

RHS Rear Wheel mud-flap Exterior Shot
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-rhs-rear-wheel-mudflap-interior-shot.jpg
Old 9th January 2015, 18:11   #94
BHPian

AutoIndian, Thanks for clicking the pictures and sharing them here. They are type-1 fitments.
It seems that you have purchased the the mudflaps from local accessory shop. If so then just to let you know that my cousin had bad experiences with these local mudflaps as they break off quickly. Hence on his recommendation I purchased a set from the dealer but they are for type-2 Innova.
Type-1 and Type-2 Innova mudguards have different profiles. Though the holes match, but there remains a gap between the broader mudflaps and mudguard. I am attaching here one of the picture, may be this will help you understand the difference.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-mudflaps.jpg  

SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 19:54   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
AutoIndian, Thanks for clicking the pictures and sharing them here. They are type-1 fitments.
It seems that you have purchased the the mudflaps from local accessory shop. If so then just to let you know that my cousin had bad experiences with these local mudflaps as they break off quickly.
Yes,you are right. I purchased the set of these 4 mud flaps from the accessories shop near my house for Rs 350/-. I am well aware and that these mud flaps may not serve me for long, since they are made of fibre material and on getting a stone hit they are likely to get cracked or broken off. For this very reason I wanted to go for rubber (flexible) mud flaps, however these were not available in the shop.

Quote:
Hence on his recommendation I purchased a set from the dealer but they are for type-2 Innova. Type-1 and Type-2 Innova mudguards have different profiles. Though the holes match, but there remains a gap between the broader mudflaps and mudguard. I am attaching here one of the picture, may be this will help you understand the difference.
Thank you for sharing the picture. I can see there is a gap in your mudflap at the bottom side . If the current set that I have fitted serve me for at least 2-3 years, then I would assume the money was well spent. If not then I would get them replaced from Toyota Service Centre at my 55K or 60K service. Currently my odo is @ 54.4K and I am planning to give the car for the 55K service by end of this month. How many days in advance do I need to book the slot for servicing at DSK Toyota?

Note: My 2004 Indica's mud flaps are still serving me well (it has been more than 10.5 years now)
Old 9th January 2015, 20:09   #96
BANNED

Quote:
For this very reason I wanted to go for rubber (flexible) mud flaps, however these were not available in the shop.
Why not search online for the flexible type of mud guards?!

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Toyota-INNOVA...item3a929e89a0

Hope this helps and this is the one you are looking for! Found this link while googling!

Do ask the seller a question whether these mud flaps would fit the 2009 Innova which is the model of your car!
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 20:24   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Why not search online for the flexible type of mud guards?!

http://www.ebay.in/itm/Toyota-INNOVA...item3a929e89a0

Hope this helps and this is the one you are looking for! Found this link while googling!

Do ask the seller a question whether these mud flaps would fit the 2009 Innova which is the model of your car!
Thank you Anurag for sharing the link. But now that I have already fitted a set on my car, I won't be opting for these right away. Moreover I am wary of purchasing things online which are non-standard and where some kind of fitment, setting is required. Don't get me wrong, I have purchased, two smartphones, one tab, one router and many other mobile accessories online, but when it came to purchasing the music system for my Innova, I relied on the brick and mortar supplier (though I could have saved few hundred bucks from online purchase), because tomorrow if something goes wrong, I know whose neck to catch.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 00:02   #98
BHPian

Few online stuffs are good to order but I too shy away from it. Atleast for automobile parts, one need to purchase it directly either from shop or dealer.
Another Innova comes in our house as One of my Cousin who runs a Car rental business has purchased a new V model.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-img20150109wa0024.jpg  

Last edited by SHAHBAAZ : 10th January 2015 at 00:03.
Old 10th January 2015, 13:37   #99
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Few online stuffs are good to order but I too shy away from it. Atleast for automobile parts, one need to purchase it directly either from shop or dealer.
Another Innova comes in our house as One of my Cousin who runs a Car rental business has purchased a new V model.
Many congratulations to your cousin on getting the new Innova V home. Could you pl let us know what was the on road price and the breakup of that?
Old 17th January 2015, 09:28   #100
Senior - BHPian

Friends an update from my side on the car ownership transfer. It was only yesterday that I could initiate the RTO ownership transfer process for my Innova. Last month I had gone to the RTO agent, but was falling short on some forms. Hence I had to again request my previous owner (who is in the US), to send me the balance forms duly signed. Yesterday I handed over the below mentioned documents to the RTO agent:
  1. Form# 28 (in triplicate)
  2. Form# 29 (in duplicate), the above two forms are required for ownership transfer
  3. Form# 30 (single copy), this form is required for obtaining the NOC from Pune RTO, as the car registration is MH12 and I my permanent address is in PCMC (MH14)
  4. Address proof (MSEB Bill)
  5. Photo ID proof (PAN card)
  6. RC Card copy
  7. Original RC card
  8. Car Insurance copy.
Besides the above the agent took a pencil trace of the chasis number on a white paper. He took 4 traces on a single sheet of paper. Initially he was struggling to find the exact location of the chasis number embossing. Checked on the front axle/frame both left side and right side, but could not find. Then on the rear left side, it was not even there. Finally could locate it on the rear right side frame just above the wheel. His shirt sleeves got a bit dirty but he did not mind it. Strangely the PUC is not required for the transfer.

He told me it will take at least a weeks time to get the NOC from Pune RTO after filing the application and then another weeks time for the ownership transfer. Getting the RC card delivered to my residential address may take further two weeks (if the postal dept is efficient enough, otherwise it can get delayed further). So I am considering a lead time of at least a month to get the car registered on my name. Shaahbaz, how much time did it take for your to get the ownership transferred on your name after submitting all the documents?

My current insurance is getting expired on 20-Feb-2015. If I don't get the new RC Card by that time, then I am thinking of renewing the insurance on previous owner's name itself and later get it transferred to my name after I get the RC Card. Can the insurance transfer be done on my name before the renewal though the car is not registered on my name? Need some expert advice.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 17th January 2015 at 09:34.
Old 17th January 2015, 09:50   #101
BHPian

Quote:

My current insurance is getting expired on 20-Feb-2015. If I don't get the new RC Card by that time, then I am thinking of renewing the insurance on previous owner's name itself and later get it transferred to my name after I get the RC Card. Can the insurance transfer be done on my name before the renewal though the car is not registered on my name? Need some expert advice.
The insurance cannot be transferred in your name until and unless you have your name on the RC Card.
You will have to pay the insurance premium and let the insurance be in the previous owner's name only.
When you get the car transferred in your name, then you can get the insurance transferred. The insurance company charges a nominal fee for the transfer.
You will also have to pay the NCB (if any) at the time of insurance transfer.
You may want to take an insurance claim (if required) before the transfer of ownership as you will be losing the NCB anyways
I recently did the same on my recently bought pre-owned Brio.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th January 2015, 14:06   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.mitsuvolk View Post
The insurance cannot be transferred in your name until and unless you have your name on the RC Card.
You will have to pay the insurance premium and let the insurance be in the previous owner's name only.
When you get the car transferred in your name, then you can get the insurance transferred. The insurance company charges a nominal fee for the transfer.
You will also have to pay the NCB (if any) at the time of insurance transfer.
You may want to take an insurance claim (if required) before the transfer of ownership as you will be losing the NCB anyways
I recently did the same on my recently bought pre-owned Brio.
Thank you for your inputs Mr.mitsuvolk. So if I simply renew the existing insurance, then I can retain the NCB, rather if the existing NCB is 25% then I can avail 35%, correct? I am also planning to sell my current Indica (10.5 years old), whose insurance is valid till Sep-2015. I am enjoying a 50% NCB on that car. Any idea how do I go about transferring the NCB from my Indica to Innova?

I forgot to mention the agent charges above. Below are the charges:
  • Getting NOC from Pune RTO - Rs 1200/-
  • Getting the car transferred on my name in PCMC RTO and getting the RC Smart Card - Rs 1800/-
Old 17th January 2015, 16:25   #103
BHPian

Quote:

Thank you for your inputs Mr.mitsuvolk. So if I simply renew the existing insurance, then I can retain the NCB, rather if the existing NCB is 25% then I can avail 35%, correct? I am also planning to sell my current Indica (10.5 years old), whose insurance is valid till Sep-2015. I am enjoying a 50% NCB on that car. Any idea how do I go about transferring the NCB from my Indica to Innova?

I forgot to mention the agent charges above. Below are the charges:
[*]Getting NOC from Pune RTO - Rs 1200/-[*]Getting the car transferred on my name in PCMC RTO and getting the RC Smart Card - Rs 1800/-
Technically you will have no benefit by retaining the NCB as this NCB can only be availed by the previous owner. You can save the NCB only till the car is not transferred in your name. Once the car is transferred to your name, you will have to transfer the insurance policy as well and at that time you will have to pay the NCB again to the insurance company because NCB does not get transferred to the "new" owner.
Getting the Indica's NCB is a great option in your case, for that you can get the entire insurance policy of Indica transferred to Innova and pay the difference in the premiums of Indica and Innova. You can get a new third party insurance for the Indica as you will be selling it soon.

Regarding the Agent charges, they look fine to me.
Mr.mitsuvolk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2015, 01:19   #104
BHPian

AutoIndian, I first got my vehicle transferred to my brothers name and later got the Insurance transferred by paying the NCB. I will get the details from my cousin brother and let you know as I have to pay d amount to him.
Regarding the Smart card, I received it after a month (35-40 days )by post. It was a long wait but no worries.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 15:41   #105
Senior - BHPian

Guys Toyota Service/ Customer Care really rocks . Got the first hand experience today morning. Actually yesterday evening @ 06:05pm I had called up DSK Toyota to fix an appointment for 55K kms service of my car. However I got an automated response that the office timings are 9am to 6pm and there was an option that can be selected if I wanted to talk to customer care executive. However I disconnected the phone thinking that I will call again today morning.

As usual due to daily chores I forgot to call them. Around 11:00am I got a call back from DSK Toyota asking me if I had called them up yesterday during after office hours and the reason for calling. I said yes as I wanted to fix an appointment for 55K service. The lady on the other side asked me the registration number. On telling the number she gave the service history. She said the car was last serviced @ 40K kms. She said that I can avail regular service or express service (1.5 hours), but the express service does not cater to tyre rotation, wheel alignment and balancing. I said I am fine with that as I can easily get that done from outside. I was to know that the service centre starts @ 07:30am in the morning . I was ready to be there at that time, but the lady honestly confessed that not all technicians/ service advisors reach there by that time. I said I will come there with the car @ 09:00am. She also offered me car pick and drop facility @ Rs 350/-, which I was not very keen on as I want to see the service centre myself and experience the world class Toyota service first hand.

I said I have a list of other issues. She said I can tell these issues to the service advisor once I meet him. Just FYI I am listing down the issues over here.

1 RHS rear door play and rattling over bad roads
2 RHS front door play but no rattling over bad roads (These two are not that serious, but there is a minor play in the hinges on both the right side doors. This creates minor rattles, when going over bad patches of road. I want to get rid of even these minor irritants).
3 Humming noise from rear wheels @ speeds of 70 kmph and above, hope the bearings are not shot.
4 Driver seat height adjust knob fitment
5 ABC pedals height check
6 Clutch and brakes checking for ease and effectiveness
7 Middle row seat railing covers fitment (if possible, because after the laminate fitment, it has become very difficult to put those railing covers in place)
8 New key with Immobilizer

I have a trip lined up to Thane-Mumbai over this week end (24th Jan). If I notice any further issues during the trip I will add them to the above list and get them addressed over the next week end.

Hope my first service experience with Toyota would be a pleasant one. Need your wishes.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 20th January 2015 at 15:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks