Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2015, 15:52   #106
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
3 Humming noise from rear wheels @ speeds of 70 kmph and above, hope the bearings are not shot.
You have answered your own query!

Is there an increase in the noise with increase in speed?
Old 20th January 2015, 17:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
You have answered your own query!

Is there an increase in the noise with increase in speed?
That's the strange part. There is no increase in the noise with speed. In my normal office runs, even if I drive at speeds of 90 kmph, I can hardly hear that sound. But when I hit the highways, I can distinctly make out that sound.
Old 20th January 2015, 17:57   #108
BANNED

Quote:

That's the strange part. There is no increase in the noise with speed. In my normal office runs, even if I drive at speeds of 90 kmph, I can hardly hear that sound. But when I hit the highways, I can distinctly make out that sound.
Aye! May be the bearings are on the verge of getting shot!
Old 20th January 2015, 18:26   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aye! May be the bearings are on the verge of getting shot!
May be not. I will tell you the reason why I am saying so. In Dec-14 last week when I returned to Pune from Nasik (after a 200 km trip), the first thing I did was to get down and touch both the rear wheel rims with bare hands. Both the wheels were as cool as cucumber (Siddhu style). I am sure if the bearing was shot it would have heated up the rims like anything, not allowing me to touch the wheels with bare hands.

Let's see if Toyota experts can diagnose and rectify this issue.
Old 20th January 2015, 19:26   #110
BANNED

Quote:
May be not.

Let's see if Toyota experts can diagnose and rectify this issue.
I'll wait for the update to the problems listed by you!

By when are you getting the car?
Old 20th January 2015, 21:31   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'll wait for the update to the problems listed by you!

By when are you getting the car?
I have fixed the service appointment for 31st Jan, 9 am. If I can get the car the same day with all the issues addressed then it will be really great.
Old 21st January 2015, 02:59   #112
BHPian

AutoIndian, enjoy the service experience as I am sure that you will be impressed considering the fact that you might be visiting TATA dealers workshop. Anyways, DSK Toyota is very prompt in work and delivering the car.
For sure its a start of a worn bearing hence you get to hear the sound at certain speed and at the same time the drums too remain cool. For sure you will feel the difference after the servicing.
Secondly as I said during the purchase, never believe on the seller talks stating the service done on such and such time. I always prefer to get the vehicle serviced immediately after the purchase. A seller will always try to show that you are saving an amount as service is done recently . 40000 to 55000 is a lot of kms. for an oil.
Anyways, we await your feedback after servicing.
Mine was due on 65000, Thats 7000 after the service I carried on after the purchase of vehicle.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 11:36   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
AutoIndian, enjoy the service experience as I am sure that you will be impressed considering the fact that you might be visiting TATA dealers workshop. Anyways, DSK Toyota is very prompt in work and delivering the car.
, I am quite eager to experience that. I got my Indica serviced from Tata Authorized service centres only during the initial years, when my car was under company warranty and then under extended warranty. The day warranty expired, I shifted to friendly neighborhood garage.

Quote:
For sure its a start of a worn bearing hence you get to hear the sound at certain speed and at the same time the drums too remain cool. For sure you will feel the difference after the servicing.
I will leave it upto the Toyota mechanics to decide. If they do guarantee that change of bearing would resolve this issue permanenty, then I would definitely go for it.

Quote:
Secondly as I said during the purchase, never believe on the seller talks stating the service done on such and such time. I always prefer to get the vehicle serviced immediately after the purchase. A seller will always try to show that you are saving an amount as service is done recently . 40000 to 55000 is a lot of kms. for an oil.
I appreciate your view, but in my case seller was very honest to tell me that the car was serviced from DSK during the 40K service. I have that service invoice with me. However they got the 50K service done from outside. Only change of engine oil and oil filter. Nevertheless I won't mind if DSK recommends combining 50K and 55K service together. The only reason I didn't go for service immediately after purchasing the car was that I wanted to understand the car inside-out, get to know about minor/major issues if any and then rectify all the issues in one go.

Quote:
Anyways, we await your feedback after servicing.
Mine was due on 65000, Thats 7000 after the service I carried on after the purchase of vehicle.
Sure will share here the service details on 31st Jan or 1st Feb.
Old 21st January 2015, 18:07   #114
Senior - BHPian

Friends, forgot to update you on the last tankfull that I did on 18-Jan-2015. I thought of filling diesel from Shell bunk. I thought now that crude has fallen down Shell diesel rates might have become competitive. Diesel was available there @ 57.15 Rs to a litre. Tank gulped 40.24 litres woth Rs 2300/- and car had run 546 kms from the previous tank full, giving me a mileage of 13.75 kmpl. I think this is pretty decent. Some factors, which might have contributed to the increased mileage can be listed below:
  • I have maintained tyre 35psi pressure in all the 4 wheels (2psi more than the recommended value of 33psi)
  • Due to lower temperatures during my return trips from office, engine is hardly loaded with AC (I simply shut down the blower)
  • The sparse traffic during return trips also is a contributing factor.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2015, 14:25   #115
Senior - BHPian

Crossed the 55K mark on the odo, while coming to office today. Sorry could not take any pictures. Tomorrow early morning planning to leave for Thane to attend one function. It is a one day return trip. Have to reach Naupada, Thane(W) near Eastern Express Highway. I am planning to take the following route:

Pune-Mumbai Expressway--->Kalamboli---->Belapur---->Airoli--->Airoli Toll Bridge--->Mulund Toll Post on Eastern Express Highway---->Thane

Hope the above route is fine. Is there any other better route?
Old 24th January 2015, 19:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a one day return trip. Have to reach Naupada, Thane(W) near Eastern Express Highway. I am planning to take the following route:

Pune-Mumbai Expressway--->Kalamboli---->Belapur---->Airoli--->Airoli Toll Bridge--->Mulund Toll Post on Eastern Express Highway---->Thane
Did the one day return trip to Thane today. Took the route as mentioned above. Left home @ 08:20am in the morning and reached the destination @ 10:45am (Distance 135kms). It was a non-stop drive as I didn't want to get late for the function which was expected to start @ 11:00am. Maintained steady speeds of 90-100kmph. After the function I had planned to visit some relatives in Vikhroli, but that did not materialize.

Started the return trip to Pune @ 02:30pm. Instead of Airoli, came via Vikhroli, Ghatkopar, Mankhurd, Vashi, Belapur. Reached home @ 05:30pm. Was stuck up at the Sion-Panvel toll post for quite some time. Fortunately did not get stuck up in ghat section. Just before Malavali traffic had slowed down due to an accident where an empty chicken hen carrier van had turned turtle. Apparently a black Honda Accord or Cruze (not sure which car it was) seemed to have rammed into it from behind. There was major frontal damage to the car. Fortunately I believe it was not fatal and the van driver was lying injured on the road side. Patrol van, Ambulance were on the spot. As I was driving, I didn't get a chance to click any pictures.

I tanked up from the BP bunk just beyond the Talegaon toll plaza. Tank gulped in 40.39 litres @ 54.49 Rs/lit. Car had traveled 531 kms, giving me a mileage of 13.15 kmpl (not bad). All throughout car drove flawlessly. Enjoyed driving it in the ghat section, especially during the ascend on return trip. Driving an Innova in ghats is so effortless and the low rev peak torque is such a boon for those quick overtaking maneuvers despite the car being fully loaded (5 adults and 2 kids).
Old 25th January 2015, 17:50   #117
Senior - BHPian

Friends, as I have been cross posting about my Innova on my Indica thread, it is now the time to cross post about my Indica on this thread. Today is the last day of my Indica ownership. Yes you read it right. It has been a sad moment indeed, but this had to happen some day or other. After owning it for 10 years, 6 months and 15 days and driving it for 1,51,733 km have finally managed to sell it for 1.15 lacs.

Further details can be found out on my Indica thread over here ----> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post3631219
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 11:26   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have fixed the service appointment for 31st Jan, 9 am. If I can get the car the same day with all the issues addressed then it will be really great.
Friends, right now I am at the DSK Toyota service centre , Bavdhan. Came here at 9 am. Parked the car in the entry bay. Gave my details at the reception. Immediately I was assigned a service advisor. He welcomed me, asked for tea/ coffee. I told him that I am second owner of the car and I wanted their records to get updated. He said that can be done after the car is transferred on my name and I produce the RC smart card. He then accompanied me to the car with the job card. On getting inside the car he first admired the seat covers and the mats/ lamination. He then asked for issues if any. I had brought the list with me and informed them to him one by one. He said these will be confirmed during the test drive. He then gave me the estimate and job card.

After half an hour the test driver came and took the car for a spin. I accompanied him on the test drive. He drove the car over rough patches and then over smooth road up to speeds of 80 kmph. Strangely both of us could not hear the humming sound. I said that in my two previous trips I could clearly hear that sound. I asked him if this could be because that time we were 7 adults in the car and now we are just two. Would the load make any difference. He said that there could be some stone/ pebbles stuck up in the tyres, which might have got dislodged later. He said if it is a bearing issue it will anyway get identified during the detailed check-up of tyres. He confirmed that the right side door hinges will have to replaced and door beading needs to be cleaned.

The driver seat height adjuster knob was not in stock. Will take 4 days to come after placing the order. The hinges were available but painting and drying them would take one day. I asked the SA if I can take the delivery today and bring back the car tomorror for fitting the hinges. He said it would be better if I leave my car here so that it can be delivered tomorrow by 4 pm. I agreed with him. I asked him if I can be dropped at home. He said that they have a shuttle service till model colony and not Chinchwad. I told fine. I have called up my brother in law and now waiting for him to pick me up.

All this while I noticed one thing. Whenever a car was delivered to a customer after servicing and if the client satisfaction score was a 10/10 an announcement would be made on the central addressing system, each employee would stand up and give a big round of applause. It was quite a pleasant sight to observe this appreciation.

Will share with you the servicing and cost details tomorrow after I pick up my car. Thanks for reading.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 31st January 2015 at 11:29.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2015, 17:36   #119
Senior - BHPian

I forgot to mention a couple of points in my earlier post. I was given an estimate of INR 5K for the 55K servicing. Parts - 1K (door hinges), Painting - 1K, Labor - 3K. I was also offered an injector cleaning agent. The SA told me that this needs to be added to the fuel when doing a tankfull. This will clean the injectors and prolong their life. Cost of 250ml bottle was a staggering 1,500/-. He obviously didn't force me to go for it. He said that he can show me the bottle after which I can decide. Is it really worth going for this injector cleaning agent? Has someone used it and observed any kind of benefit?

Sometime back I got a call from the SA saying that, since the doors were opened for removing the hinges, the door sealant needs to be applied. Cost of the sealant would be Rs 825/-. I gave him a go-ahead. Not sure where this sealant is to be applied. Is it applied to the door beading?

I have put up the job card picture below. It contains "Interior Disinfectant and Odor Neutralizer-Waxoyl" Is this any type of spray or treatment or is the Waxoyl polish applied on the interior plastics?

The Job Card
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-55k-service-job-card.jpg
Old 31st January 2015, 18:37   #120
BHPian

The injector cleaner makes a difference. I use it on my long highway drives. It's expensive but it works. The car had become more silent after adding the injector cleaner. I guess it's made in Japan.
dean5545 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks