Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2015, 21:53   #151
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse

Today I fitted another set of fibre mudflaps from Car Studio (Kasarwadi). When I enquired for Type-1, the shop attendant told me that they have only the Type-3 ones. I told lets try them and fortunately the two front ones fitted perfectly. I asked him if I can purchase only two front ones, to which he plainly refused. There was no option for me but for go for the set of four. I did not remove the two existing rear ones (why fix something, which ain't broken) and have put the two new rear ones in the boot. Will keep them spare as of now.

This set of 4 costed me Rs 400/-. Will try to share some pictures tomorrow after I give the car a good wash.
Old 8th March 2015, 17:11   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
This set of 4 costed me Rs 400/-. Will try to share some pictures tomorrow after I give the car a good wash.
Due to last weekends unseasonal rains in Pune, no front mudflaps and venturing into a marshy area, meant the car becoming murky and there was lot of slush splashed on the side foot steps. Hence had a good underbody wash of the car today (for Rs 100/-) from a nearby washing centre. Took some pictures of the new front mud flaps and the car. Sharing those below.

LHS Front Wheel mud-flap Interior Shot
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-lhs-front-wheel-mudflap-interior-shot.jpg

LHS Front Wheel mud-flap Exterior Shot

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-lhs-front-wheel-mudflap-exterior-shot.jpg

RHS Front Wheel mud-flap Interior Shot

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-rhs-front-wheel-mudflap-interior-shot.jpg

RHS Front Wheel mud-flap Exterior Shot

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-rhs-front-wheel-mudflap-exterior-shot.jpg

Car Front RHS

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-car-front-rhs.jpg

Car Front LHS
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-car-front-lhs.jpg

Fingers now tightly crossed about the longevity of the new set of mud flaps. BTW car crossed the 57K km milestone two days back.. DSK Toyota has booked the 60K service for me on 31st March, which I may have to postpone for April end.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 8th March 2015 at 17:14.
Old 28th March 2015, 19:57   #153
Senior - BHPian

Two days back I received a call from DSK Toyota Bawdhan, informing me that my 60K service was scheduled on 28th March. Would I like to get the car serviced on that date? Just yesterday I crossed the 58K mark on my odo. So I said I will take another month and half to reach the 60K mark. Hence I rescheduled the service to 9th May now.

I know 60K is a major service. What all fluids / parts need to be changed during this service and what is the ball park figure in terms of cost that I should expect?
Old 3rd April 2015, 23:27   #154
Senior - BHPian

Today morning did an imprompto trip of 3 Ganesh temples out of the 8 Ashtavinayaks. Started @ 11:00am from home.

Went to Theur (Chintamani) first, via Hadapsar and Loni Kalbhor. It is just 5kms off from NH-9. Reached there @ 12:15pm. Took the darshan and had the mahaprasad over there. Since photography was not allowed in the sanctum-sanctorum, could not click any pictures. This is a small but beautiful temple. The sabhamandap is made up of wood and the idol is the only one amongst eight with a trunk on left side (davya sondecha ganapati). Left the place at 02:00pm. Some snaps taken in car park area.

Black Workhorse taking rest under tree shade at Theur
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-black-workhorse-taking-rest-under-tree-shade-theur.jpg

Another shot of Black Workhorse taking rest under tree shade at Theur

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-shot-black-workhorse-taking-rest-under-tree-shade-theur.jpg

From Theur got back to NH-9. Crossed Urali Kanchan, Yawat (Saw the diversion towards Bhuleshwar from Yavat). Then reached Chaufula, left the highway and took a right on overbridge, towards Supa. From Supa a right diversion took us straight to Morgaon. Reached there around 03:00pm. Once in a while this place was inhabitated by lot of peacocks (Mors), hence the name, "Mor"gaon. Took the darshand and spent some time in temple. Some snaps taken over there.

Main temple complex
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-main-temple-complex.jpg

Main Entrance with two Deepmaals (array of lights)
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-main-entrance-two-deepmaals-array-lights.jpg

Rear side of Morgaon Temple - Look at the colourful dome
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-rear-side-morgaon-temple-look-colourful-dome.jpg

Map showing location of Ashtavinayak temples

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-map-showing-location-ashtavinayak-temples.jpg

@ 03:30pm we proceeded towards Siddhatek temple. We had to return back to Chaufula on NH-9, cross Patas and take a left diversion (just before the toll post) for Daund. After about 15kms from highway we reached Daund. We had to cross the town and then travel 20kms further to reach Siddhatek. We reached there @ 05:00pm. Before the temple we have to cross the vast expanse of the Bhima river. Since Lord Vishnu got superpower from Lord Shiva over here (Siddhi) and this temple being located on a small hill (tekdi), it has been called Siddhatek. The temple complex is beautiful with "Hemadpanthi" carvings. We spent some time on the banks of the picturesque Bhima river. The river basin is quite broad over here as futher downstream it merges into the Ujani dam. Some temple and riverside snaps.

The main entrance of Siddhatek temple
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-main-entrance-siddhatek-temple.jpg

The main temple at Siddhatek

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-main-temple-siddhatek.jpg

Sun setting in the Bhima river basin

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-sun-setting-bhima-river-basin.jpg

Black Workhorse in the backdrop of Bhima river

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-black-workhorse-backdrop-bhima-river.jpg

Another view of Bhima river
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-view-bhima-river.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 3rd April 2015 at 23:39.
AutoIndian is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2015, 10:30   #155
Senior - BHPian

Over the week-end did a overnight trip to Awas beach (near Alibag) and Mandva port. We were 7 friends with their luggage. Total distance travelled-370kms. Sharing some snaps from the trip.

BW getting the necessary diet at HP bunk on Mumbai-Pune Expressway
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-getting-necessary-diet.jpg

BW resting under palm tree at the Guest House after after an exhaustive run
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-resting-under-palm-tree-guest-house.jpg

The Guest House at Awas Beach Road
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-guest-house-awas-beach-road.jpg

A pink rose in the Guest House garden
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-pink-rose-guest-hours-garden.jpg

Yummy raw mango laden tree in the courtyard
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-yummy-raw-mangoe-laden-tree-courtyard.jpg

A closer shot of the raw mango laden tree
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-closer-shot-raw-mangoe-laden-tree.jpg

Jetties getting ready for passengers to board at Mandwa port (Agneepath fame)
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-jetties-getting-ready-passengers-board.jpg

Jetties and boats at the Mandwa port
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-jetties-boats-mandva-port.jpg

BW under a banyan tree
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-bw-under-banyan-tree.jpg

A view from the window of BW

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-view-window-bw.jpg

There are many other pictures taken from friend's camera. Will try to upload them as soon as I lay my hands on them.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 20th April 2015 at 10:52.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 09:18   #156
Senior - BHPian

Did a 900km trip over the last week end. Had planned to visit our "Kula-devi", Dhandai Mata temple near our native. Took a leave from work on 30th. Started from home @ 10am. Since it was Dad's birthday, we first visited Mahaganapati Temple, Ranjangaon (Ashtavinayak). Took the darshan and prasad and proceeded on Nagar road. Took the Nagar bypass towards Shirdi. Crossed Kopargaon, Yeola, Manmad and reached our destination Malegaon @ 6 in the evening (around 300kms).

Next day morning we started for Dhandai Mata temple (Taluka Mhasdi, Dist-Dhule). Took the route Nampur, Chirai Bari and then Mhasdi (55kms). Enroute we passed through the Dang forest area. Road was very treacherous and even in broad daylight it was a bit scary. Wonder what would happen if one has to travel by this road @ night. This area is the habitat for leopard and other wild animals. Folks here are mostly tribals (Bhill tribe).

Dang forest area en-route Mhasdi
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dang-forest-area-enroute-mhasdi.jpg

Another view of Dang forest - Mhasdi
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-another-view-dang-forest-mhasdi.jpg

The Dhandai Devi Temple - Mhasdi

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-dhandai-devi-temple-mhasdi.jpg

We took the darshan, offered the Naivaidaya and started our return journey. We took the route to Ner (NH6), Sakri in search of a good hotel/restaurant, but could find none.

Backwaters of Akkalpada Dam enroute Dhule to Sakri (NH6)
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-backwaters-akkalpada-dam-enroute-dhule-sakri-nh6.jpg

Return trip road to Chirai Devi
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-return-trip-road-chirai-devi.jpg

Approaching the Chirai Devi Temple

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-approaching-chirai-devi-temple.jpg

View of the winding road from temple top
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-view-winding-road-temple-top.jpg

We reached back to Malegaon in the evening around 5pm after a round trip of 150kms. We visited the nearby temple of Khandoba in Chandanapuri (Jai Malhar fame)

Khandoba temple in Chandanapuri with Bhanu Devi and Mhalsa Devi on either sides
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-khandoba-temple-chandanapuri-bhanu-devi-mhalsa-devi-either-sides.jpg

Saturday travelled to Dhule, met there a couple of relatives the whole day and returned back to Malegaon same day midnight. The toll from Dhule to Malegaon (on NH3) is atrociously high @ Ra 120/- for just 50 kms. The NHAI is simply milking money.

Sunday morning started the return journey from Malegaon to Pune. First time ever I made use of the roof top carrier. Stuffer a duffle bag and a box inside the plastic barrel and fastened it atop the carrier.

Roof top carrier used for the first time ever
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-roof-top-carrier-used-first-time-ever.jpg

Reached home safely @ 6pm. Took the route Malegaon - Manmad - Yeola - Kopargaon - Sangamner - Narayangaon - Manchar - Moshi- Chinchwad (Pune), distance 260 kms and thus ended our 4 day trip. Due to the scorching summer heat the Ac was on full blast and the Black Workhorse kept all its occupants in quite comfort
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-backwaters-akkalpada-dam-enroute-dhule-sakri-nh6.jpg  

AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 10:25   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Two days back I received a call from DSK Toyota Bawdhan, informing me that my 60K service was scheduled on 28th March.
Hello sir,

First of all congratulations on the Innova ( I know its a bit late but better late then never ) . I am sure with minimal maintenance it will serve you for a long time. A proper workhorse is what the car is as it can be seen in yours as well as my brothers case ( he bought his 2 years ago with the odometer at 1,20,000 km's and current odometer reading is 1,92,300 ). If you have not got it serviced yet here is what has to be done. My brothers Innova was bought from a friend. So according to him in the 60 K service the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, ps fluid, the dealership guys asked him to get the discs and the brake pads changed ( which he did ). Also the rear drum brakes parts were also changed. Nothing to worry about the clutch plate ( brothers came till 1, 30, 000 km's). Other than they do check the suspension and other related parts. According to him he remember faintly that they had done a full engine scan and also had done a tune up. Other than the above things I don't think there is more. I guess it might go upto about 15 K everything inclusive. My brothers is usually around 20 K or 22 K in the major services as he gets an array of other cosmetic changes done.

Regards,
swamyzen
swamyzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2015, 10:44   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamyzen View Post
Hello sir,

First of all congratulations on the Innova ( I know its a bit late but better late then never )
Thank you swamyzen for your wishes. On the 8th of this month, I will complete 6 months with my BW.

Quote:
I am sure with minimal maintenance it will serve you for a long time. A proper workhorse is what the car is as it can be seen in yours as well as my brothers case ( he bought his 2 years ago with the odometer at 1,20,000 km's and current odometer reading is 1,92,300 ).
Your brother has put up some serious kms, 72K kms in just 2 years, almost 3000 kms per month, he has rightly selected the Innova, it can go on an on an on for years.

Quote:
If you have not got it serviced yet here is what has to be done. My brothers Innova was bought from a friend. So according to him in the 60 K service the engine oil, oil filter, air filter, ps fluid, the dealership guys asked him to get the discs and the brake pads changed ( which he did ). Also the rear drum brakes parts were also changed.
Yes I am yet to get the 60K kms service done. Planning to get it done over this week end.

Quote:
Nothing to worry about the clutch plate ( brothers came till 1, 30, 000 km's). Other than they do check the suspension and other related parts. According to him he remember faintly that they had done a full engine scan and also had done a tune up. Other than the above things I don't think there is more.
Ohh, how much did the clutch overhaul cost.

Quote:
I guess it might go upto about 15 K everything inclusive. My brothers is usually around 20 K or 22 K in the major services as he gets an array of other cosmetic changes done.
Also do you have the break-up of the 60K service handy with you? would appreciate if you can share it over here.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2015, 23:23   #159
BHPian

Hello to all. I am back after 3 months driving the LHD's and auto transmissions.
Took my black horse for a brief city run before getting its 70k servicing.
Its last service was done on 58000kms. So before I started vrooming , I wanted it serviced as the odo reads 67k.
The details are in my car, that I will be sharing tomorrow.

Last edited by SHAHBAAZ : 5th May 2015 at 23:29.
SHAHBAAZ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2015, 16:17   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAHBAAZ View Post
Hello to all. I am back after 3 months driving the LHD's and auto transmissions.
Took my black horse for a brief city run before getting its 70k servicing.
Its last service was done on 58000kms. So before I started vrooming , I wanted it serviced as the odo reads 67k.
The details are in my car, that I will be sharing tomorrow.
That is great Shahbaaz. Looking forward to the details of your 60K service. Mine is scheduled over this week end on 9th May. By the way car has already crossed 61K kms. I think I will catch up with your odo reading by the end if this year
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 08:20   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know 60K is a major service. What all fluids / parts need to be changed during this service and what is the ball park figure in terms of cost that I should expect?
Not all fluids (brake oil, differential oil) get changed at 60K Kms service, that would be now at 80K Kms (@40K Kms interval) for you.
60K service would require you to change AC fliter and air filter along with oil change, oil filter. AC filter will be around 1400 & air filter would be 1200. Total service bill amount would be around 6000-6500.

Belated congrats on getting Innova, I was away from forum for many months. Let's meet soon.
sukiwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 23:06   #162
BHPian

Sukiwa you have rightly said, the Gear oil and Differential Oil will be taken care during the 80K service.

For me the ownership of my Innova has been of 7+months with 10K kms of running. Last 3 months I was out of country so the running slowed down.

But the experiences have been awsome. There have been 4 long trips of which one was an Ajmer trip the other to Ahmadabad and remaining two were to Aurangabad.
Cutting my post to the point,
Attached here are the copy of both the servicing details which were considered under 60K and 70K.
The first one was done at Sharayu Toyota in Chinchwad/Bhosari MIDC and it was the second day of my ownership.
It was not a healthy experience. The work quality is not as per the Toyota standards. The only reason I thought of getting it serviced there was because of the lesser distance from my house. DSK is on the other end from where I live.
But anyways, the issues I faced were for accesories. My Innova being the classic look or as many say the Type-1, I had to wait for rubber mattings, Silencer pipe(NA, so fitted a Fortuner's), Mud flaps(NA, so fitted type-2). They were able to provide them after 3 trips in 22days of the payment.
Most of the vehicles present were either tourist or company owned. Being this I assumed that the service quality is not good.
They marked out the things that needed attention, but I did not have them cleared till date.
The drives were great without issues except for couple of punctures on one of the tyre that will be replaced before rain starts.

As decided previously, that henceforth I would be going to DSK for future servicing. My cousin has all his toyotas serviced at DSK so the staff is known since the days of Qualis (2002-03).
It was a nostalgic feeling for me because I visited DSK after almost 11 years. As usual they were short of space which already had hundreds of Innovas and Fortuners parked either to be delivered out or waiting for servicing.
This visit was only to pick my car as it was sent a day before by my cousin's driver.
The strange thing was in 5 days my cousin had 4 innovas serviced without an appointment including mine. So I had it dropped at the service center by the driver as he was going to pick his previous car. When I visited for the pickup, my cousin was delivering his 2011yr Innova which required a seroius servicing and Clutch and Pressure plate replacement. It had already clocked 1,95,000kms with out any if's and but's..
For me the only wait was because there was a mad rush of cars getting washed because of the unseasonal showers. It took 2 hours for us to get the vehicle in our hands.
DSK too had the same comments as it was in the Sharayu stating that the water pump as a leak. But strangely there has been no drop in the reservoir.
Considering the time required to get the vehicle, I forgot to ask the reasons of why there is no drop.
But planning to call the adviser to get some more information.

The other plans are to get a set of new tyres, upgrade the music system and a set of seat covers. All after I figure out by budget/money..
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-servicinga.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-servicinga2.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-servicinga3.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-servicingb1.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-servicingb2.jpg  

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-servicingb3.jpg  

SHAHBAAZ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2015, 10:26   #163
Senior - BHPian

Thank you Shahbaz for sharing your service bills. Right now I am at DSK Toyota, Bavdhan. Came here at 9am. The approximate estimate for the 60K service is given as Rs7600/-. I am attaching the estimate copy for reference ( apologies cannot rotate the picture in the right direction, tried umpteen number of times)

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-img_20150509_094421.jpg

After the recent trip to my native, I am experiencing a humming noise @ speeds of 60 kmph and above. So the test driver had a longish 10 kms test drive and he acknowledged the noise coming from front at the said speeds. Once the car has been raised on the ram it will be determined if the bearing needs replacement. I have been promised a delivery time of 1:30 pm. However if the bearing needs replacement, it may take longer. Unfortunately there is an annual function at DSK Toyota today afternoon after 03:30pm so the workshop will be closed after that. If my car work does not finish by that time I may have to leave the car at the workshop overnight and take the delivery tomorrow, which is bit frustrating. I have requested for delivery today itself, keeping fingers crossed.
Old 9th May 2015, 17:44   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once the car has been raised on the ram it will be determined if the bearing needs replacement. I have been promised a delivery time of 1:30 pm. However if the bearing needs replacement, it may take longer. Unfortunately there is an annual function at DSK Toyota today afternoon after 03:30pm so the workshop will be closed after that. If my car work does not finish by that time I may have to leave the car at the workshop overnight and take the delivery tomorrow, which is bit frustrating. I have requested for delivery today itself, keeping fingers crossed.
Finally the decision was made that the bearing will be replaced some other time and the car was delivered back to me @ 01:30 pm. The car servicing was over before 12:00pm itself, however it had to wait longer in the washing bay as one of the two washing machines was down for maintenance. DSK Toyota, Bavdhan don't have the facility of removing the bearing from the hub. It needs a big press and it is outsourced to a workshop at Shivajinagar. The workshop being closed on Sunday, if I my car was sent there for bearing removal, it would have been stuck there till Monday. The car advisor told me that the car can be driven for few more thousand kms before replacement. It is a very mild humming sound coming beyond speeds of 60kmph.

The total part and labor charges were Rs 7540/-. Break-up is give below:

The 60K Invoice details from car log
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-60k-invoice-details-car-log.jpg

The 60K Invoice details
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-60k-invoice-details.jpg

AC Filter Element
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-ac-filter-element.jpg

Air Filter Element
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-air-filter-element.jpg

Air Filter Element - Another view
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-air-filter-element-another-view.jpg

AC Filter Element Box - Label
Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-ac-filter-element-box-label.jpg

Air Filter Element Box - Label

Toyota Innova: My Pre-worshipped Black Workhorse-air-filter-element-box-label.jpg

If you notice the AC filter element looks worth few hundred rupees, however it costs exorbitantly high Rs 1550/-. Even the very complex looking wire mesh Air filter is priced lesser. A closer look at the label and it is mentioned that the AC Filter is imported from Thailand. I wonder why Toyota cannot make this in India.

The estimate for the front bearing replacement part and labor is about Rs 7,400/-. The bearing itself costs Rs 6,500/-, labor charges Rs 500/- and outsourcer charges for bearing removal and refitting Rs 350/-. The bearing for ABS brakes equipped car comes with a different roller and is costly from non-ABS one by Rs 1000/- I was told.
Old 9th May 2015, 17:59   #165
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Not all fluids (brake oil, differential oil) get changed at 60K Kms service, that would be now at 80K Kms (@40K Kms interval) for you.
60K service would require you to change AC fliter and air filter along with oil change, oil filter. AC filter will be around 1400 & air filter would be 1200. Total service bill amount would be around 6000-6500.

Belated congrats on getting Innova, I was away from forum for many months. Let's meet soon.
Thank you Suhas for your wishes. You were spot on about the guesstimate. Both the filters you mentioned have been replaced and both have become costlier now. Hence my total service bill was about Rs 7.5K (details in the earlier post).

One thing I forgot to mention. The Service Advisor was hard selling to me the Smiles Service Package. He told me that the 60K and 65K service combined would cost me about Rs 8.2K. I straightaway rejected an I am not so convinced about the worth of 5K service (65K in this case) and may well skip it. What opinion do you guys have about the smiles pack?
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks