Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st July 2015, 20:02   #961
BHPian

re: Preview: Hyundai Creta

Defenitely the pricing does not appeal to the majority VFM public. It would not be a hot seller for sure. XUV , Safari overlap with the 1.6 creta & would be the pick just for their proper SUV'ish looks for the majority SUV/Mini-SUV hunters. Only respite being the better mileage on the creta.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:07   #962
BHPian

Just got back from a test drive at Trident Whitefield in Bangalore (Advaith didnt have a car ready). Enough has been said about the pricing, so a quick impression of the car
- Steering is light, better than the verna, but not as planted as others. Good for city driving in traffic though.
- Suspension is good and minor road bumps were handled without any issue
- The 1.6 diesel is very good. Like has been reported before, the surge at ~1800 RPM is sheer joy. Lower gears worked well in traffic conditions, so didnt miss the feel of a petrol
- I havent driven many diesel's before, so the NVH seemed just adequate. You can feel the vibrations coming through strongly in the pedals
- Easy to find a good driving position, good visibility from the drivers seat
- SX(O) feels quite premium inside with all the leather and trimmings
- Audio is real nice with a deep bass and clear sound
- AVN is very responsive
- Good back seat space for 2, cramped for 3 adults, but 2 adults and a child will be happy campers

I had pre booked an AT, but the prices are making me reconsider. Going to do a longer test drive on saturday and decide.
manku is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:08   #963
BHPian

Had booked my car in Lucknow instead of hometown as local dealer was quoting 2L as booking amount, 25K as cancellation and a two month wait for the 1.6 SX(O). The same local dealer calls up today evening on the day of launch and is offering delivery in my choice of colour in two days, seems bookings are not being converted into sales.

On other hand, cancelling my booking since 15.6 L OTR Lucknow is too steep for me, not commenting on the fact whether it is VFM or not, but somehow I am not looking at such a high price bracket as of now, will wait.
sids1811 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:10   #964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngautam View Post
Now that is something I'd look forward to. That would be true competition for Creta. It would be interesting if Ford goes that way. I don't see that happening with the current scoops making rounds.
Yes that will be really interesting and competition is a good thing. Will Ford go that route is beyond me.

One thing that I will give credit to Hyundai is the fact they went ahead and launched a proper sized SUV and not falling into the "compact SUV" trap. Alas if they had also shown the guts in the pricing it could have been a different story altogether.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:13   #965
Senior - BHPian

How times change ! Fortuner was introduced at 18 lakh odd ex showroom and now Creta runs to 17 lakhs on road.

Why do prices increase that much only in India? Even with currency value etc., its car prices going up and up without not much improvement in quality of life or earnings.
srishiva is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:19   #966

I personally quite like the range that car offers - both for enthusiasts as well as for someone looking at entry level SUVs. Especially the automatic transmission with the diesel variant is certainly something that will hit the sweet spot. Not only does the Creta look great on styling but also boasts of superior strength and stability. And to top it all, the reliability and service network of Hyundai will definitely help this car top the segment, methinks.
Old 21st July 2015, 20:21   #967

Creta prices at Mumbai withen Octroi limits

Prices in Rs lacs ; ex Showroom - OTR

For 1.6 CRDI Diesel MT

SX 12.16 - 14.29
SX+ 13.29 - 15.60
SX(O) 14.26- 16.72

SX+ AT 14.23 - 16.70
Vijai_MoCa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:24   #968
Distinguished - BHPian

Just back from the showroom. Decided to stick with my original plan, 1.6 Diesel SX(O). He confirmed that I should be getting it before 2nd week of august.

On road price - Cochin

Base (P) - 977617
S (P) - 1087255
SX+ (P) - 1292741

Base (D) - 1071093
S 1.4 (D) - 1199292
S+ 1.4 (D) - 1316921

SX 1.6 (D) - 1339039
SX+ 1.6 (D) - 1462507
SX+ 1.6 AT (D) - 1565589
SX (O) 1.6 (D) - 1568321
naveen.raju is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:25   #969
BHPian

So the most expensive Creta you can buy is going to set you back by almost 19 lakhs?

In pretty much all the previews of the car, people compared the Creta with the Duster, Ecosport etc. But they all seem to be a segment lower.

The Creta then, will probably be compared to the likes of the XUV 500 etc., and that changes things quite a bit.

And the pre owned market could have some interesting choices too. You could have a newer XUV, yes, but if you're feeling adventurous, you can have an older X5, C Class, E Class, Fortuner etc.

Overall though, it's a very competent car and it'll be interesting to see the sales it does.

Last edited by SS8939 : 21st July 2015 at 20:51. Reason: Mistake in pricing.
SS8939 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:27   #970
BHPian

17.2L for the Creta AT without just two bags and no ESP is a big NO for me.

If at all they launch an AT in the SX(O) variant, it's going to cost at least 18.5L on road.

Thanks, but I'll keep my Ecosport AT.
civic-sense is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:28   #971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
How times change ! Fortuner was introduced at 18 lakh odd ex showroom and now Creta runs to 17 lakhs on road.
True. Just 3 years back I bought my Yeti 4x4 for slightly over a lakh more. IMHO one can buy real 4x4s with this kind of money, not a pretenda-crossover.

If this thing succeeds at this price, Hyundai have figured out exactly how we think - superficial looks over substance.

Terrible pricing.
Steeroid is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 20:37   #972
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

We will most certainly be compiling a full official review of the Creta. However, the media drives are taking place after a couple of days. Our review will be up by mid-August (or maybe the 3rd week).

Remember, quality takes time . It's never by accident.
Just one request, please do change the title of this thread once TeamBHP review is uploaded on forum.

Slowly the pricing is sinking in and I'm coming back to realities of its price. Had a lengthy discussion with my brother as we both are looking at buying a new car, he planning to replace his Ritz VXi ( will be 6 years by then) and me planning to take a 2nd vehicle at home. We have been discussing this on a daily basis. I had in a way zeroed down on Creta and he has been contemplating various options ranging from Jazz to Scross to Creta to Scorpio. Now as we both have delayed our purchase to next year, we might as well wait till Auto Expo next year. Who knows, I might come back to Creta?

Last edited by BoneCollector : 21st July 2015 at 20:39.
Old 21st July 2015, 21:04   #973
BHPian

I think this is one of the most hotly discussed price announcement on Team BHP ever!!

There are two way of looking at it in my opinion:

1.) As GTO mentioned, it is a lakh more than the similar corresponding Duster variant, and is well worth that lakh as the interiors, quality, refinement is much better.

2.) It is loosely based on the verna platform I presume, similar wheelbase etc, and so a premium of around 3-4 lakhs over the similarly specified verna seems a bit much, and hence I presume, the general discontentment among people with regard to its price.

I got a chance to sit in the SX(O) model. It felt nice, but keeping the general trends of the crossover segment pricing aside, felt over priced for 16 lakhs OTR.

I for one, theoretically speaking, would much rather pick the sedan version of such crossovers (Civic instead of CR-V, Verna instead of Creta) , which given the laws of physics will have much better performance, FE, handling at the cost of space and scraping a few speed humps. I don't care about the status symbol of a so called crossover, so did not include that.
bhuvan_prasad is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 21:08   #974
BHPian

I have also been in the hunt for a compact SUV. Finally got to see the CRETA today and could manage a very short spin as there where many customers waiting for a drive. My take on the comparison with Duster is :

The Diesel Base variant of CRETA is Rs 35,000 higher then Duster RXE
However, CRETA offers some of major additional features like ABS, 2 Din audio with 4 speakers, Rear power window, Rear AC vents, Front console armrest etc. The value of these features is much higher then Rs 35,000

The SX + variant of CRETA is Rs 19,000 higher then the Top variant of DUSTER RXZ (O) & is very much justified
The Duster Top variant certainly has an advantage in terms of features like Cruise control & Leather upholstery While CRETA SX+ variant has an advantage in terms of features like
Projector headlamps, LED positioning light, Rear parking camera, Smart key with pushbutton start, Electric folding Outside mirror with turn indicators, Auto Air conditioner, Shark fin Antenna, Static bending light etc.

The top of the line variant SX (O) of CRETA is loaded with advanced safety features like
6 Airbags, Electronic stability control, Vehicle stability Management, Supervision cluster,
17" Diamond cut Alloys, Leather seats etc

Need to drive the CRETA a little bit more, will do it after the rush comes down a bit.
bimi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st July 2015, 21:11   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sngautam View Post
Now that is something I'd look forward to. That would be true competition for Creta. It would be interesting if Ford goes that way. I don't see that happening with the current scoops making rounds.

I don't think there is a full size Ecosport. It is of 4011mm in length in UK and the 11mm has been trimmed to come under 4M configuration for India.

Ecosport has greatly benefitted from being under 4M in length with the engines (1.0L Petrol and 1.5L Diesel) also qualifying for excise cuts. Hence the competitive pricing compared to Creta.

I think Ford can cram more features without adding a penny more to the car. And I hope they do.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks