Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2017, 23:03   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ackyash View Post
.... the possibility and the cost involved to have the rear view camera retrofitted at the dealership level?
Unfortunately there is no option either dealership level nor third party level to install a reverse camera in the X1 in India at the moment. I tried all such possibilities but keeping the warranty valid being more important I have given up on the wired choices. There are few brands in the global market offering wireless camera using the OBD port and our smartphone. One brand is Pearl which costs $500 https://pearlauto.com/ There is another brand launching a similar system for half that price in 2 months. Waiting to decide between these two for myself. Future is wireless and it does not hamper any wiring nor the warranty.
Old 22nd February 2017, 09:20   #77
BHPian

Hi all,
I'll be getting delivery of my X1 in about a week. Wanted to check a couple of things with you guys :
1. Changing the run flats immediately. I know it has been discussed many times in separate threads, but wanted to check with you guys who recently bought the car.os there merit in changing the tyres. If yes, then which tyres do you suggest. My usage is mostly city driving (delhi). The thing that worries me the most is the tyre noise. I generally like my cars to be quite on the inside.
2. My earlier Jetta had the 3d kagu mats and I think they're great. For x1, I'm not finding the mats online. There are other 3d mats available on amazon etc. for less than half the price but not sure which ones would be good. Pls suggest. I see 4d/ 5d mats online but havnt checked them physically so not sure of the quality and fitting
3. Any paint protection you guys would suggest? I have been reading about ceramic coating, opticoat etc but are they really that good is it advisable to go for them.
4. Anything else you guys think I should take care of before delivery? I'll definitely be following the PDI checklist from one of the other threads.

PS: I'm in Delhi, so references for tyre shops/ mays/ coating around delhi will be great help.
Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 12:35   #78
BHPian

No amount of coatings will do much in terms of protecting against swirl marks or minor scratches. If it is a dark color then I would suggest getting the 3m paint protection film at some strategic locations that are prone to minor scratches. It's a physical film like a sun film so it does help against minor scratches. Downsides are it needs to be done very well so that it doesn't look odd and if it is a white car it tends to pale over time and needs to be changed every 2-3 years depending on how much time the car spends under direct sunlight.

All run flats are not noisy so take a call depending on what brand you get on your car. If it's continental from personal experience they are very loud after you cross the 10k km mark.
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:29   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatsoboy View Post
Hi all,

I'll be getting delivery of my X1 in about a week. Wanted to check a couple of things with you guys :

=======
Thanks

Congrats! Which model and what colour? Also does your car come with reverse camera?

In my opinion, don't change. Have a look at the car and the brand of RFTs. Mine is Bridgestone and I find it ok though on the higher side compared to Pirellis which I test drove. The company as well as dealers don't recommend changing the tyres.

I did not get 3D mats, got rubber mats as complimentary from the dealer. Pictures posted in this thread. Don't look great but serve the need.

Follow the Pdi checklist and that should suffice. The dealer associate will also provide a complete demo and if not insist for the same before delivery.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 5th May 2017 at 09:09. Reason: Edited quoted post for better readability
Old 22nd February 2017, 17:47   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Hi all,
I'll be getting delivery of my X1 in about a week.
Congratulations!

Quote:
Wanted to check a couple of things with you guys :
1. Changing the run flats immediately.

2. My earlier Jetta had the 3d kagu mats and I think they're great.

3. Any paint protection you guys would suggest?

4. Anything else you guys think I should take care of before delivery? I'll definitely be following the PDI checklist from one of the other threads.
1. RFTs are safer. Change them only if you want to improve ride comfort.

2. Check out BMW all weather sports mats. It is expensive but looks great and easy to clean.

3. Unless your car is white/silver, go for PPF rather than paint protection. Again, it will be expensive but provides better protection.

4. PDI checklist should be enough.

Hope you have taken extended warranty. If not, then do get it without the BSI.

Wish you many happy miles!
Old 22nd February 2017, 18:25   #81
BHPian

Thank you all.
I'm getting the sdrive xline in mediterranean blue. I guess with that color and all your suggestions, PPF will be the best option. Will check it out. Any idea a good place to get it done around delhi? Or should I just search for the nearest 3M car care?
I have not bought the extended warranty yet, but I'm planning to. The dealer told me I don't need to buy it right away and should wait for a little while. Do you think it makes sense? Any idea what the price difference would be between now, a year later or just before end of 2 years.
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:29   #82
BHPian

Hi, Does the India version X1M sports have dynamic damper control? The spec sheet says "BMW Driving Experience Control (Modes : ECOPRO, Comfort, Sport)" Is it the same as dynamic dampers?
Old 22nd February 2017, 22:32   #83
Senior - BHPian

A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Hi, Does the India version X1M sports have dynamic damper control? The spec sheet says "BMW Driving Experience Control (Modes : ECOPRO, Comfort, Sport)" Is it the same as dynamic dampers?

Pretty sure it comes with M-Suspension only. Not dynamic dampers. Brochure mentions it but the sales guys hardly know about it.

They think it costs more because of some cosmetic changes.

Attachment 1611653

http://www.bmw.in/en/all-models/x-series/X1/2015/lines-equipment.html

Last edited by adi_petrolhead : 22nd February 2017 at 22:35.
Old 22nd February 2017, 23:10   #84
BHPian

Quote:

Yes it does come with M suspension. Refer the brochure

http://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/ma...1_Brochure.pdf
Old 23rd February 2017, 06:44   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurni76 View Post
Yes it does come with M suspension. Refer the brochure

http://www.bmw.in/content/dam/bmw/ma...1_Brochure.pdf
M Sport suspension is different form adaptive suspension. M Sport is stiffer than regular suspension to give more sporty handling whereas adaptive suspension has the ability to soften or stiffen based on the driving mode selection.

In cars without adaptive suspension or Dynamic Damper Control as BMW calls it, when you select different driving modes, other parameters like steering, throttle response and brake sensitivity are altered under 'chassis' selection under the driver experience control switch. But the suspension remains unaltered. In cars with adaptive suspension, the suspension goes soft in comfort mode and stiff in sport mode when 'chassis' is selected to be altered in sport mode.
Old 23rd February 2017, 07:15   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
M Sport suspension is different form adaptive suspension. M Sport is stiffer than regular suspension to give more sporty handling whereas adaptive suspension has the ability to soften or stiffen based on the driving mode selection.

In cars without adaptive suspension or Dynamic Damper Control as BMW calls it, when you select different driving modes, other parameters like steering, throttle response and brake sensitivity are altered under 'chassis' selection under the driver experience control switch. But the suspension remains unaltered. In cars with adaptive suspension, the suspension goes soft in comfort mode and stiff in sport mode when 'chassis' is selected to be altered in sport mode.

Thanks much for that information Santosh. I was not aware of these details and it really helped.
Old 23rd February 2017, 10:25   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you all.
I'm getting the sdrive xline in mediterranean blue. I guess with that color and all your suggestions, PPF will be the best option. Will check it out. Any idea a good place to get it done around delhi? Or should I just search for the nearest 3M car care?
3M outlet would be the best option.

Quote:
I have not bought the extended warranty yet, but I'm planning to. The dealer told me I don't need to buy it right away and should wait for a little while. Do you think it makes sense? Any idea what the price difference would be between now, a year later or just before end of 2 years.
The risk in waiting till end of 2nd year is that BMW keeps changing their extended warranty structure, prices and combinations.

For example, when I bought my car, it only came in combination with BSI which didn't make sense. A year after that they started offering standalone extended warranty and another year later they changed their KM limits and pricing.

If you can afford it now then that's what I would recommend as you never know what they change in next two years.
Old 23rd February 2017, 23:58   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
3M outlet would be the best option.

The risk in waiting till end of 2nd year is that BMW keeps changing their extended warranty structure, prices and combinations....

If you can afford it now then that's what I would recommend as you never know what they change in next two years.
Just to calm the turmoil, put your thoughts at rest. The warranty extension packages are here to stay. Just put a reminder of 18 months from the date of purchase. You should be good in buying the additional cover. Whatever damage that was to be done with increasing prices of long term packages of 5 years etc is already done.
Old 24th February 2017, 21:09   #89
BHPian

I have the X1 sDrive20d xLine. Does anyone know of the possibility of having Navigation / Maps feature added to BMW ConnectedDrive? Is that a STRICT NO as the said model has iDrive with 16.5cm display instead of iDrive Touch Controller with 22.3cm display
Old 24th February 2017, 21:15   #90
BHPian

Weird observation ..... I noticed recently that the velor mats are wet on both front sides post a wash or after a long drive with AC's on? I noticed it twice ..... especially post car wash when I have used bosch high pressure car washer!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks