Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th July 2017, 21:02   #121
BHPian

Re: A tryst with Sheer Driving Pleasure - My BMW X1 xDrive 20d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
I doubt VW will be giving discounts so soon after launch. I called my Salesperson to cancel my booking of the Tiguan stating high launch price. He did not even flinch, did not try to convince me to get the car and did not offer any sort of concessions, such as free accessories etc.
Same here. I wanted to know if VW was willing to negotiate. They asked me to show up in their office for any discussions. So it may be few thousands and not more I guess. I would rather close it on phone than making the effort to visit their office. Planning to call them up tomorrow.
I get a feeling they do not want to sell in big numbers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gksunil View Post
I am getting expedition for 37 odd. Interestingly almost 1 lakh is for handling charges which used to be 25000 earlier?!!
It seems we are getting similar rate of discount. Yes, their handling charge is pretty steep. Thats where I want to negotiate hard.
Old 17th July 2017, 21:42   #122
BHPian

Why Xline? Is it only for the sunroof? Or any extra features are there except ambient lighting?
Old 17th July 2017, 22:05   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Why Xline? Is it only for the sunroof? Or any extra features are there except ambient lighting?
Sunroof, paddle shift, rear view camera and I liked the alloy design of xLine. Ambient lighting didn't matter to me much.

If the xLine can't get closer to 41L, I have to fallback to Expedition or Tiguan.
Old 17th July 2017, 22:07   #124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
I am offered 42.5L for a sDrive xLine in Bangalore after many round of negotiations. I am still not convinced about the offer as BMW increased the price within one year of launch and not made decent correction post GST. So the offer I have now with GST correction and corporate discount is same as the on-road price at the time of launch.

How far I can push the BMW guys? Given the market conditions, is 2.5L discount the maximum I can expect?

I am half sold on Tiguan HighLine as well. The on-road price at present is 37.5L (not negotiated yet). Given I am getting AWD, apple car play and better space, I feel Tiguan is not very inferior either.
The Tiguan Highline may have more features, but for a little extra you get a much better engine, great driving experience and the brand of BMW. In case you are willing to look at the expedition, you will end up paying almost the same as Highline.

Quote:

X line has multiple more features than expedition apart from sunroof

Paddle shifters, ambient lighting, Lights package - Footwell lights front and rear, vanity mirror lights, storage compartment lights, exterior door handle light and glove box,better bumper and cladding, 18 inch rims against 17 inch, Multifunction Sport leather steering wheel in black with black stitching and decorative nisher in chrome
Old 17th July 2017, 22:36   #125
BHPian

All makes me wonder why Q3 is so popular? Answer; the offer from Audi. Q3 quattro, 2016 model, premium plus 177 hp,with sunroof 36 L!
Old 18th July 2017, 09:45   #126
BHPian

Quote:
I am offered 42.5L for a sDrive xLine in Bangalore after many round of negotiations.

How far I can push the BMW guys? Given the market conditions, is 2.5L discount the maximum I can expect?
Push for more. You should be able get it down to 40L at least with cheque book in hand. However, only glitch is, the stock with the dealer. If he has enough X1s in stock you should easily get the deal otherwise wait for few months and they will call you back.

Quote:
I am half sold on Tiguan HighLine as well. The on-road price at present is 37.5L (not negotiated yet). Given I am getting AWD, apple car play and better space, I feel Tiguan is not very inferior either.
Have checked Tiguan and X1 both a month ago. Tiguan is nowhere close in terms of quality of interiors and the "feel" factor compared to xLine.
Couldn't drive the Tiguan hence can't comment on the drive. X1 with it's FWD bias was okay to drive. Nothing special but engaging nonetheless.
Old 18th July 2017, 11:23   #127
BANNED

Quote:
If the xLine can't get closer to 41L, I have to fallback to Expedition or Tiguan.
The Tiguan is not at all a bad choice and I say this after having driven it for around 250km including ghats and 4 laners at speeds I cannot mention here. It is feature rich, very well built and has a comparatively cosseting ride too. Space inside too is great and better than the X1.

VW will give you decent discounts on it so if you are not too keen on the badge factor, go for it.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:34   #128
Team-BHP Support

So my uncle has booked an X1 M sport. Managed to get a beautiful combo, estoral blue with mocha interiors. I'm super excited about the car, can't wait to drive it. Managed to get it at 46.5 on road which I think its a decent deal for the car considering it has the newer idrive and the rear view cam.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th July 2017, 11:55   #129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
estoral blue with mocha interiors
It looks cool and lot bigger on roadin this color, I saw one recently here. Perhaps with little tuning, you can get a nice bump in performance as well. Very practical given condition of roads at most places.
Old 18th July 2017, 20:29   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Push for more. You should be able get it down to 40L at least with cheque book in hand. However, only glitch is, the stock with the dealer. If he has enough X1s in stock you should easily get the deal otherwise wait for few months and they will call you back.
Yes I am pushing them. In fact they called me again to hear my expectation. I have told them I am in no hurry as I have two cars at home. Unless they make a compelling offer, I am not going to budge. Expecting call back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post
Have checked Tiguan and X1 both a month ago. Tiguan is nowhere close in terms of quality of interiors and the "feel" factor compared to xLine.
Couldn't drive the Tiguan hence can't comment on the drive. X1 with it's FWD bias was okay to drive. Nothing special but engaging nonetheless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
The Tiguan is not at all a bad choice and I say this after having driven it for around 250km including ghats and 4 laners at speeds I cannot mention here. It is feature rich, very well built and has a comparatively cosseting ride too. Space inside too is great and better than the X1.

VW will give you decent discounts on it so if you are not too keen on the badge factor, go for it.
I test drove Tiguan twice and I am impressed with pretty much everything except the badge and mediocre engine tuning. There is absolutely no wow factor, but nothing disappoints you either.
BMW interiors are marginally better and seat upholstery is noticeably better. I don't have to say anything about the engine, transmission and brand value of BMW. Resale value is also a consideration I have in mind.

Apart from price, what goes in favor for Tiguan are lumar support, adjustable hand rest, slightly better space, AWD and apple carplay.

Also I felt the ergonomics and overall driving comfort of Tiguan is slightly better.
Old 18th July 2017, 21:24   #131
BHPian

Consider the x3 as well. It's going to be replaced soon and though you might not get the pricing down to x1/Tiguan levels, but it might be worth saving up for a few months and then cashing in on the big discounts BMW is likely to offer.
Old 18th July 2017, 21:50   #132
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay1234 View Post
So my uncle has booked an X1 M sport. Managed to get a beautiful combo, estoral blue with mocha interiors. I'm super excited about the car, can't wait to drive it. Managed to get it at 46.5 on road which I think its a decent deal for the car considering it has the newer idrive and the rear view cam.
Its such a great combo, I would consider the M sport for the Mocha interiors alone. Btw, can you confirm that M sport still only comes in 3 colors?

Does it have the New iDrive v5?
Old 18th July 2017, 22:18   #133
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am getting expedition for 37 odd. Interestingly almost 1 lakh is for handling charges which used to be 25000 earlier?!!
I had a similar experience this past weekend when I test drove the new 520d Luxury line. They have very smartly termed "Registration & Logistics charges" and nicely included a fat margin of Rs 90,000/- over the actual registration charges of 13%. When I questioned, guy had no answer & said sheepishly "Sir, aisa hi hota hai". Same response when I asked about doing my own insurance as opposed to their charges of 2.3 Lakhs.

Really takes away the pleasure of buying a new car when you know the dealer is out to get you.

Btw, this was Navnit-Juhu in Mumbai.
Old 18th July 2017, 22:53   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJK View Post
I had a similar experience this past weekend when I test drove the new 520d Luxury line. They have very smartly termed "Registration & Logistics charges" and nicely included a fat margin of Rs 90,000/- over the actual registration charges of 13%. When I questioned, guy had no answer & said sheepishly "Sir, aisa hi hota hai". Same response when I asked about doing my own insurance as opposed to their charges of 2.3 Lakhs.

Really takes away the pleasure of buying a new car when you know the dealer is out to get you.

Btw, this was Navnit-Juhu in Mumbai.
When I enquired, why the handling charges were so high, especially when I would do my registration by myself in Karwar, Goa BMW person said that, this was due to increased transportation cost of the vehicle from the factory post GST! And I thought GST actually reduced taxes.
Old 19th July 2017, 02:57   #135
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When I enquired, why the handling charges were so high, especially when I would do my registration by myself in Karwar, Goa BMW person said that, this was due to increased transportation cost of the vehicle from the factory post GST! And I thought GST actually reduced taxes.
Isn't Ex-showroom price supposed to include transport cost also? They don't bill us at Ex-factory, do they!

Its amazing how these guys come up with creative ways to justify their theft.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks