Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th May 2021, 16:15   #256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Could you please share details of the replacement bulb (cost, purchase details etc) ? Is it a DIY job to replace it or was professional help required
Its a DiY job.
Pretty simple & straight-forward.
This link might be of help to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Existing new Compass owners, could you please confirm something? Does your phone get automatically connected to Apple Car Play every time you get into your car or do you have to connect it manually every single time ?
Connects automatically & starts AudroidAuto Navigation & also flashes the last Audio Track I played before exiting the car (whether that be Spotify, GoogleMusic, SamsungMusic or MixCloud) & I LOVE it for that!

The center console has a setting on how the Jeep UConnect handles the connection, when a paired device is detected in proximity.

I've kept mine, by-default to connect for Android Auto + Music Playback (Have intentionally not switched-on the Phone functions automatically, as I usually put my phone in DND, once am inside the car)

You can setup & store your profiles to match the pairing options of your choice, the UConnect display settings, the seat positioning settings, the cooling, etc. to both you Key Fobs individually. For example, my settings for my KeyFob are different from settings for my son & his KeyFob. The UConnect auto-configures all of the above, basis which KeyFob was used to access / unlock the car. Pretty nifty!

For those who want to cram more AndroidApps in their UConnect, do try AAAD (AndroidAuto Apps Downloader) - which allows you to have crazy different apps viz. mobile screen mirroring, watching movies on UConnect (something NOT recommended for obvious reasons), widgets, performance monitoring apps, etc. (I have uploaded the images for reference & for your free R&D / exploration)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Just got an update from my SA, FCA is increasing Jeep prices from 1st June by 2%. He is hopeful that we would be assigned a car by the end of this month, but in case it doesn’t, he is suggesting that we pay the ex-showroom price and get the car billed by the end of this month so that we don’t have to pay the price increase and get it delivered when it’s available in June. Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions about this?
That is true.

I got the following message & photo from my dealer today; which corroborates the whispers about an impending price hike for top-end models (Limited-O, 80th Anniversary & S-variants)

"...This is to inform you that owing to the increase in the input costs there will be an impact on the price of the Jeep Compass.
Price hike of Rs. 45K is expected on the top line Variants
Take this opportunity before price hike..."

The image shows Stocks as of today for Bombay / Thane areas
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-aaad1.jpg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-stock.jpeg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-aaad2.jpg  

Last edited by suhaas307 : 20th May 2021 at 16:21. Reason: merging consecutive posts. Please use the EDIT / QUOTE+ functions within 30 minutes of submitting the 1st post.
Shaq is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 16:59   #257
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaq View Post
Take this opportunity before price hike..."
Does that mean if you book now or anytime before the price hike, the increased price wont apply to you? Based on some of the previous posts it seems the price applicable at the time of delivery will have to be paid.

Last edited by Pancham : 20th May 2021 at 17:04.
Old 20th May 2021, 17:51   #258
BHPian

@Shaq Could you specify the bulb type ? I don’t want to open up the console and then place an order for the bulb. In the Video, the person changes both the reading lamps but not the centre light. Is the process the same ?
Old 20th May 2021, 18:18   #259
BHPian

Quote:
Does that mean if you book now or anytime before the price hike, the increased price wont apply to you? Based on some of the previous posts it seems the price applicable at the time of delivery will have to be paid.
My quotation says that the price at delivery will be applicable. But I think it actually depends on the date of billing at the factory or the of allocation. Once its allocated to you and billed at the old cost, they can't really bring up INCREASED INPUT COST.
Old 20th May 2021, 19:13   #260

Quote:
I don't know.
Why don't you call Allwyn Fernandes - G.M. Sales @ Thane on +918291914910 to find out? He is truthful & will give the right information without any obligations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
@Shaq Could you specify the bulb type ? I don’t want to open up the console and then place an order for the bulb. In the Video, the person changes both the reading lamps but not the centre light. Is the process the same ?
I had an old 1Watt Soft-white LED with flat-plate connector, lying at my home.

Although I don't recollect what make / model it was - I am uploading a photo of an identical one.

I had got it off a local car accessories shop in Thane, about a year ago, for INR. 70/- @ set of 4.

I suggest that you take ur car to a local mechanic. Most mechanics have these LED's in spare.

You can get one installed then & there itself - perhaps will save you the trouble of buying a wrong one & then finding it to be an ill-fit.

You can also choose to replace all others, if you want, with these better ones (albeit personally speaking, I find all others to be ok)
Attached Images

Shaq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 20:03   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha ha.
So very true.
I replaced the stock one with a soft-white LED (the brighter yellowish-line one in the photo)
Has a better throw & illumination and actually lights-up the entire armrest, cup-holders & and other cubby-holes in a soft-white halo; a much better choice over what the stock one was.
How do you operate that central light (smallish rectangle in your image). I have an Anniversary edition, to me it looked like a false button. I never knew it is a light, is it only in 'S' model?
Old 20th May 2021, 20:52   #262

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
How do you operate that central light (smallish rectangle in your image). I have an Anniversary edition, to me it looked like a false button. I never knew it is a light, is it only in 'S' model?
It gets automatically turned on, when you switch on your headlight knob, from off to any other position, just like all the buttons get their backgrounds lit. The light within being a super-dim soft-white one, doesnt even gets noticed, unless you actually look for it :-)
Shaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 01:07   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bineet_D View Post
The MID keeps showing the kms run, as well as the message 'press brake & stop/start to the start the car'. The advisor pointed out that this is what is sipping on battery.
WWhat?!? Unbelievable! To spend 30 big ones and get this level of clumsiness?? Can't believe it. My brother owns an older Compass but it doesn't have all these glitches. Apparently they've kitted the new one to the gills with so much "smart" gadgetry that they've overdone themselves with it, seems. What takes the cake is they know this but still delivered the car and didn't even bother to contact you to rectify it until you had trouble and initiated a repair request! I mean, you could have been stranded in some godforsaken place and had so much inconvenience. They seem quite okay with the whole thing though and have not grasped how serious a problem this could lead to. Strange! Hope you give them an earful.
pixantz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 09:09   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bineet_D View Post
Hi,
Can fellow Tbhp-ians with the new Compass check & confirm if their MID also keeps showing info even after switching off the car.
I did not notice this, after locking the car display turns off in some time (few seconds or a minute). I'll check this again [I have AT diesel 4x4 Anniversary edition]

Quote:
It gets automatically turned on, when you switch on your headlight knob, from off to any other position, just like all the buttons get their backgrounds lit. The light within being a super-dim soft-white one, doesnt even gets noticed, unless you actually look for it :-)
So true I observed this tiny light today after your pointer, you are right it is not visible unless you look for it. Same is true for light under the door handle, i had to crouch and see if there is light there! .
pankaj_9730 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2021, 16:55   #265
BHPian

Finally got confirmation of allocation today from my SA for the anniversary edition after a 12 week wait. Don’t think I’ll be able to go up to Chandigarh from here during these times for a PDI, so will rely on the dealership to do that thoroughly. As is, the RTO is closed for registrations this month, so will take delivery in June after that’s done. But some progress after a long period.
jeeplife_newbie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 17:51   #266
BHPian

Hey Compass owners, there are plenty tuning box options available for Multijet 2.0 in the global market. Anyone tried it ? Or any leads to stores in India? Quick search tells us mind blowing power bump of upto 200-220ps and 420+ NM of Torque. Any local tuner leads ?
TorqueIndia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2021, 21:00   #267
BHPian

Hi Guys! Been lurking on this thread for some time now. Got a lot of useful info from you all ��

Just thought of sharing something that I found out today regarding the Sport variant. I was under the impression so far the 2 new colours were not offered in Sport. But came across this on YouTube today ;

Rookie_Jeeper is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 13:15   #268

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
Hey Compass owners, there are plenty tuning box options available for Multijet 2.0 in the global market. Anyone tried it ? Or any leads to stores in India? Quick search tells us mind blowing power bump of upto 200-220ps and 420+ NM of Torque. Any local tuner leads ?
Usually performance tuning is done in stages that might include any / all of the above, basis the range to which an owner wants to go.
Typical stage I mods:
- Suspension upgrade (raise or drop by 23mm - 37 mm.)
- ECU Remap
- Bigger / Lighter Alloy wheels
- Sports exhaust / Intake and Exhaust Tuning
- Panel air filter
- Lighter flywheel

Typical stage II mods:
- Fast road cam
- Fuel pump upgrades
- Power/Sport clutch
- High flow fuel injector
- Ported and polished head

Typical stage III mods:
- Competition cam
- Adding or upgrading forced induction (turbo/supercharger)
- Internal engine upgrades (pistons/head/valves)
- Sports gearbox
- Engine balancing

In India, RaceDynamics have been doing some/all of the above for the Compass since 2018.
You can also get the DieselTronic for Jeep Compass 2.0L (image attached)
It offers configuring 4 ECU remaps:
- S (Stock map Mode): works just like original
- E (Economy map): Increases mileage up to 40%, enhanced engine smoothness and reduced turbo spike, more linear power delivery
- P1 (Power 1 Mode): Power & Increased Mileage- It increases mileage up to 25% and increases power and torque up to 15% helping you shift gears early
- P2 (Power 2 Mode): Higher Power- Increase power and torque off-peak up to 40%

My biggest gripe is, doing anything of the above directly voids the manufacturer warranty (most owners have a 3+2 years paid warranty) & by that, you are in deep trouble whenever the car has any mechanical fixes to be done (sad, but that’s how the Indian manufacturer’s & authorized service center’s mindset is)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie_Jeeper View Post
Hi Guys! Been lurking on this thread for some time now. Got a lot of useful info from you all ��

Just thought of sharing something that I found out today regarding the Sport variant. I was under the impression so far the 2 new colors were not offered in Sport.
New colors were rolled out in all variants about 3 week ago. The differentiating factors, as far as external appearance between the variants is concerned are:
1. Front grille design / colors
2. Front camera
3. Cornering lights
4. Alloy wheel design & size
5. Window & roofline inserts & colors
6. Wheel-arch & full-body bottom cladding color
7. Variant name branding (Sports / Longitude / Limited / S / 4X4)

You can easily spend extra & make your variant look like the top-end one. This can be done at any of these professionally run setups:
- Jeep Mopar Kits
- KitUp!
- Pete's Kits (also offers Engine Tuning Kits)
Shaq is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2021, 14:43   #269
BHPian

Hello,

Got my car back from the workshop. Seems to be cranking just fine now. Will drive the coming week & update in case of any issues.

The service advisor told me that Jeep has rolled out an update to their dongle owing to the increasing number of battery drain cases. They have updated the same in my car. This should solve the problem according to them. Hope that is true.

Regards,
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-screenshot_20210523143847.png  

Bineet_D is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 03:38   #270
BHPian

Does anybody know how to switch between pre set radio channels using steering mounted controls ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks