Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2021, 19:54   #181
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

I have a Diesel Manual driven around 400kms

Today after turning off the engine, the cooling fan stayed on and after getting out of the car i could still hear the noise of the fan being ON.

Had to turn on and turn off the car couple of times before it went off. Anything to worry about? Or is this expected?
Old 24th April 2021, 20:00   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhatt View Post
I have a Diesel Manual driven around 400kms

Today after turning off the engine the cooling fan stayed on and after getting out of the car i could still hear the noise f of the fan being ON.

Had to turn on and turn off the car couple of times before it went off. Anything to worry about? Or is this expected?

Cooling fan sometimes stays on for a few minutes after turning off the engine. This is by design and there’s nothing to worry about it. Noticed this first time on my Polo, the difference is that it happens only rarely on my Compass and the fan is much noisier. Driven compass around 3000km, fan stayed on for a couple of minutes only once, ( that was when I reached home and turned off the engine after a 15km drive that involved too many hard accelerations ).
navaneeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 19:21   #183
BHPian

Guys,

Does anybody have any idea if Skymoto Pune Jeep dealer is on Cash and Carry?

The sales guy called me yesterday and said that the car that I booked has been allocated to them but we need to pay them the exshowroom price so that they can pay FCA and then FCA will release the vehicle to them. Ive booked S, Diesel AT.

AFAIK, Ive never seen this happen, Ive normally just paid the rest of the amount once the car is with the dealer and ready to be registered.
Old 25th April 2021, 19:31   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmane View Post
Guys,

The sales guy called me yesterday and said that the car that I booked has been allocated to them but we need to pay them the exshowroom price so that they can pay FCA and then FCA will release the vehicle to them. Ive booked S, Diesel AT.
This is true but I think dealerships maintain a healthy balance with the manufacturer. An SA once showed me an email from the manufacturer requesting to approve funds for allocated vehicles. But this doesn't mean the dealership will have to get the money from the customer first to pay the manufacturer.

In my case, the fund was transferred to the dealer when the vehicle was dispatched from the plant and they guaranteed that they will not proceed with the temporary registration process before PDI is done.

I think you can tell them you will transfer the funds once they show the proof that the vehicle is dispatched. It took me a couple of weeks between allocation and dispatch.

EDIT: I think BHPian @scarezebra's Compass was allocated a while ago and still there is no confirmation about delivery or dispatch. It's better to keep the money with you and earn some interest on it

Last edited by navaneeth : 25th April 2021 at 19:34.
navaneeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 19:35   #185
BHPian

We had a Toyota dealer here in Pune named DSK Toyota, too many horror stories where they took money upfront but never even placed the vehicle order with Toyota.

Regarding your advise to disburse when dispatch happens -- sounds fair, Ill let them know, else, Ill just cancel the booking and book it with Landmark Mumbai.
snowmane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2021, 21:18   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

AFAIK, Ive never seen this happen, Ive normally just paid the rest of the amount once the car is with the dealer and ready to be registered.
Ask the SA to share the official communication from FCA with vehicle details including VIN number before you get any more skin in this game. Times are strange and better validate any claim before action upon it.
Old 26th April 2021, 07:14   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Landmark Delhi also does the same, once they vehicle is allocated they ask for complete payment before vehicle reaches dealership yard. My advice would be to verify few things things:
- Check the dealership stock records and see the VIN of vehicle allocated to you.
- Try to convince dealership that you will pay when vehicle is billed & dispatched from FCA plant (In my case I paid when vehicle was showing '1 day in transit')
- Convince them that you will do PDI before registration.

But I think it depends on dealership, all the dealerships I heard of are asking for payment on allocation (Jeep dealers). but whether they need money before dispatch or after dispatch depends on dealership
Old 26th April 2021, 09:57   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
My Vehicle has been allocated today. It will reach the dealership within 6 days. Man, the wait has been too long. Keeping my fingers crossed with hope, that a lockdown doesn’t impede the process given the present grim scenario nation-wide.
Harsha- finally light at the end of the tunnel. Just wanted to check has the Coimbatore dealer asked you to pay in advance before the dispatch of the car from FCA factory or is the payment to made upon delivery.
Good Luck Harsha
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 11:30   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Harsha- finally light at the end of the tunnel. Just wanted to check has the Coimbatore dealer asked you to pay in advance before the dispatch of the car from FCA factory or is the payment to made upon delivery.
Good Luck Harsha
Thanks Venkat. It has indeed been a long wait. I was asked to complete payment before the car dispatches from the factory. I paid 50% of the total amount.

Sorry to reply late to Pankaj 9730 and CarEnthusiast10 for your wishes. Thank you friends.

Last edited by Harsha89 : 26th April 2021 at 11:32. Reason: Sentence edited
Old 26th April 2021, 11:57   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post

EDIT: I think BHPian @scarezebra's Compass was allocated a while ago and still there is no confirmation about delivery or dispatch. It's better to keep the money with you and earn some interest on it
Yes. I was told the dispatch would happen in a week and to sort out the finances and the to share details for RTO registration. The payment would have to be made before delivery (How much earlier and at what stage was not really clear. But since I was opting for a loan and the approval was already in place they were just talking demanding the down payment). I had all of the forms and documents ready but then Covid situation in Mumbai worsened and they had to shut down the dealership. They were still making deliveries for a while from their workshop since the showroom was not allowed to stay open. As per my last conversation with my SA, he said the factory is also operating at lower capacity. So I am not sure how much longer this will get pushed in my case. So as already mentioned by other others hold payment till dispatch.
Old 26th April 2021, 14:17   #191
BHPian

All these dealers can still somehow make deliveries but they cannot get it registered because all RTO's in Maharashtra are closed for vehicle registration.
Old 26th April 2021, 18:55   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

My SA had recently told me that they have already set aside funds in their bank account to be given to FCA as soon as my car is allocated to us and then payment is to be made when the car reaches their stockyard. But then again, it is completely dealer dependent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarezebra View Post
As per my last conversation with my SA, he said the factory is also operating at lower capacity. So I am not sure how much longer this will get pushed in my case.
My SA said the same. According to him, the factory is working very very slowly because there is even a shortage of labor apart from other COVID factors. We were scheduled to get allocation by the end of this month, but it’s been pushed to the end of next month.
Old 26th April 2021, 19:01   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
My SA said the same. According to him, the factory is working very very slowly because there is even a shortage of labor apart from other COVID factors. We were scheduled to get allocation by the end of this month, but it’s been pushed to the end of next month.

These guys should first focus on fixing all these delivery issues rather than launching new models. No wonder they cannot replicate the success of Hyundai/Kia in India.
Old 26th April 2021, 20:23   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
This is true but I think dealerships maintain a healthy balance with the manufacturer. An SA once showed me an email from the manufacturer requesting to approve funds for allocated vehicles. But this doesn't mean the dealership will have to get the money from the customer first to pay the manufacturer.

In my case, the fund was transferred to the dealer when the vehicle was dispatched from the plant and they guaranteed that they will not proceed with the temporary registration process before PDI is done.

I think you can tell them you will transfer the funds once they show the proof that the vehicle is dispatched. It took me a couple of weeks between allocation and dispatch.

Quote:
We had a Toyota dealer here in Pune named DSK Toyota, too many horror stories where they took money upfront but never even placed the vehicle order with Toyota.

Regarding your advise to disburse when dispatch happens -- sounds fair, Ill let them know, else, Ill just cancel the booking and book it with Landmark Mumbai.
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_vdi View Post
Ask the SA to share the official communication from FCA with vehicle details including VIN number before you get any more skin in this game. Times are strange and better validate any claim before action upon it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
Landmark Delhi also does the same, once they vehicle is allocated they ask for complete payment before vehicle reaches dealership yard. My advice would be to verify few things things:
- Check the dealership stock records and see the VIN of vehicle allocated to you.
- Try to convince dealership that you will pay when vehicle is billed & dispatched from FCA plant (In my case I paid when vehicle was showing '1 day in transit')
- Convince them that you will do PDI before registration.

But I think it depends on dealership, all the dealerships I heard of are asking for payment on allocation (Jeep dealers). but whether they need money before dispatch or after dispatch depends on dealership
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
My SA had recently told me that they have already set aside funds in their bank account to be given to FCA as soon as my car is allocated to us and then payment is to be made when the car reaches their stockyard. But then again, it is completely dealer dependent.

Quote:
These guys should first focus on fixing all these delivery issues rather than launching new models. No wonder they cannot replicate the success of Hyundai/Kia in India.
Guys, I think this all has to do with the process in which the vehicle is alloted being different with different manufacturers. Either its done at dealer level or at company level?

What I'm trying to say is that mostly its the dealer who allocate the car at their whim and fancy depending on who buys more accessories, insurance, etc from them and they allocate the variants etc of cars to the more gullible and paying customers. In plain words, that is. I'm not sure though because I've not come across this hassle.

Its just a hunch but this clicked in my head because I was going through a Polo buyers thread yesterday and there was a mention by a fellow bhian of how dealers down south play these tricks and hassle people and even give your chosen variant to a splurging customer and leave you high and dry.

It was mentioned here that Kia has this process where on booking the allocation of variant/model is done on factory level and dispatched to dealer so dealers don't play dirty in small towns or elsewhere. Maybe it's the same with Jeep? Can anyone cross-check this?
Old 27th April 2021, 01:43   #195
Senior - BHPian

Anyone here has been able to extract any discount or any offers on the new Compass ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks