Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2021, 18:49   #166
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Congrats Sahil! The Car is stunning!

Wishing you speedy recovery, so that you can start munching miles with your white beauty as soon as possible. I also have delivery for my compass scheduled for next Wednesday, I am thinking whether to go and take delivery or ask them to deliver at home. This Covid has changed everything! ()
Old 16th April 2021, 13:50   #167
BHPian

My Jeep compass (4x4 AT, Techno green, Limited 80th Anniversary) has reached the dealership yard. I completed the PDI today with help of Team-BHP checklist, all went well. It was amazing to see the car finally in person.

As everybody has said earlier on this thread, you have to see Compass in person, pictures wont' do justice. I promise to share good quality pictures in my ownership thread, meanwhile here are couple of pictures from the PDI today:
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-img_20210416_113252.jpg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-img_20210416_113624.jpg  

pankaj_9730 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 14:25   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
She’s here! Pictures don’t do justice. Looks much better in person.
Congratulations! Fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankaj_9730 View Post
My Jeep compass (4x4 AT, Techno green, Limited 80th Anniversary) has reached the dealership yard. I completed the PDI today with help of Team-BHP checklist, all went well. It was amazing to see the car finally in person.

As everybody has said earlier on this thread, you have to see Compass in person, pictures wont' do justice. I promise to share good quality pictures in my ownership thread, meanwhile here are couple of pictures from the PDI today:
Congratulations! So agreed. Pics don't do justice. No disrespect to other colors but this is very true for the Techno Green.

BTW- I am seeing other manufacturers also coming up with their versions of Green now - nothing as classy as Jeep Compass though!!

Had a query - related to tire pressures ..air expands on being heated. So when driving long distances should the tire pressures be reduced by 2 PSI ? I ask as I read that they should be kept as is or even increased .
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th April 2021, 18:42   #169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
Had a query - related to tire pressures ..air expands on being heated. So when driving long distances should the tire pressures be reduced by 2 PSI ? I ask as I read that they should be kept as is or even increased .
Tire pressure should be set as per manufacturer's recommendation, keeping in mind that the readings are given for "cold conditions" i.e. should be checked/adjusted when the car has not run for at least a few hours.
Old 17th April 2021, 12:24   #170
BHPian

Quote:

Many congratulations Pankaj. The car looks very elegant. Have few queries on the PDI process? 1. How much time it took to complete the PDI. 2. Did JC dealership also do the PDI along side with you or did they do it independently. 3. Did you have a chance to access the PDI done by the dealership, 4. If so, was that robust. Asking all these as COVID spread has started to increase, wanted to know if we can rely on the dealership PDI in case there is an issue on movement of people
Old 17th April 2021, 12:44   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
Many congratulations Pankaj. The car looks very elegant. Have few queries on the PDI process? 1. How much time it took to complete the PDI. 2. Did JC dealership also do the PDI along side with you or did they do it independently. 3. Did you have a chance to access the PDI done by the dealership, 4. If so, was that robust. Asking all these as COVID spread has started to increase, wanted to know if we can rely on the dealership PDI in case there is an issue on movement of people
Thank you!

I took about 1 hour to check the car (based on PDI checklist v2.3), did not do the driving related tests because the Yard was little cramped and they didn't allow the car to be taken out of the yard. I was satisfied with visual inspection thus didn't insist on driving. Dealership PDI will be done on Monday (postponed because of weekend COVID curfew in Delhi), I've asked my SA to share PDI report with me and he said he will check that on Monday.

My personal view is the dealership PDI will be much more detailed as compared to mine because I lack experience in this process. I was told that they will do PDI in following steps:

- one round of PDI before driving
- Drive the car for a test run of 25 km
- PDI again post drive.

I will try to get or at least see their PDI report, I'll let you know if they allow next week.
pankaj_9730 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 12:33   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you!

I will try to get or at least see their PDI report, I'll let you know if they allow next week.
I got My compass delivered yesterday. It was kind of done in hurry because my delivery was scheduled for Wednesday, but suddenly Delhi Lockdown was announced. I pressurized dealership to delivery on Monday itself, but issue was the PDI was pending and they got it done by sending car to Gurugram. PDI was also done in hurry I believe, but since i wanted to avoid lockdown I didn't insist in checking dealership PDI report.

In nutshell, i could not live to my promise of providing information on PDI report from Dealership, Apologies for that.

Here are some early morning pictures of my compass:
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-img_20210420_072658.jpg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-img_20210420_072700.jpg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-img_20210420_072713.jpg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-img_20210420_072728.jpg  

Last edited by pankaj_9730 : 20th April 2021 at 12:52.
pankaj_9730 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 20th April 2021, 23:54   #173
BHPian

Quote:
As everybody has said earlier on this thread, you have to see Compass in person, pictures wont' do justice
Absolutely. The new Compass looks mean and much manly compared to the old one, even though the changes on the exterior are minimal. The new Compass can turn out to be "C5-Killer", thanks to the ridiculous pricing by Citroen and the lack of 4WD.
Old 21st April 2021, 17:19   #174
BHPian

My Vehicle has been allocated today. It will reach the dealership within 6 days. Man, the wait has been too long. Keeping my fingers crossed with hope, that a lockdown doesn’t impede the process given the present grim scenario nation-wide.
Harsha89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 17:38   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
My Vehicle has been allocated today. It will reach the dealership within 6 days. Man, the wait has been too long. Keeping my fingers crossed with hope, that a lockdown doesn’t impede the process given the present grim scenario nation-wide.
Congratulations! Yes the wait has been long for Techno greens, but believe me it is all worth in the end and you will have wide grin when you see your can in person for first time! and you will have even wider grin when you drive it!

Why I am so sure about grins, reason is last two days I have been waking up at 4am in morning to take my compass out for ride for no reason (could not just sleep till 6 ). It is sheer pleasure to drive it!
pankaj_9730 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 02:07   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Congratulations Harsha! Looks like the gradually all the Techno Greens 80th and S variants are being delivered. Enjoy.

Have been enjoying my Techno green limited since 7 weeks - detailed review coming soon. Wonderful to drive with stunning road presence.
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-20210404_114213.jpg  

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-20210411_173306.jpg  

CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 11:59   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post

Driving & performance

Whenever I drive a car, I compare it with the handling and dynamic of my Polo GT TDI. Compass stays composed at even high speeds, the steering is firm and is very responsive. In the city, the steering sometimes feels heavy. There is some body-roll but it's not very noticeable, the car feels more planted on the road than the Compass petrol AT. The suspension isn't too stiff or too soft, bigger speed breakers at moderate speeds can be felt inside but the car remains stable and planted.
A good detailed review. Since you are coming from a VW car how do you find the noise inside the cabin compared to GT TDI. I had a vento before and now an Octavia TSI. The Octavia is definitely more refined of the two.

I guess you got 14 Km/l as this is an automatic transmission variant. Maybe it will be about 16 for manual.

Are the vibrations felt only at neutral or at higher speeds as well?
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:07   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikrantshete View Post
A good detailed review. Since you are coming from a VW car how do you find the noise inside the cabin compared to GT TDI. I had a vento before and now an Octavia TSI. The Octavia is definitely more refined of the two.

I guess you got 14 Km/l as this is an automatic transmission variant. Maybe it will be about 16 for manual.

Are the vibrations felt only at neutral or at higher speeds as well?
I had installed dampening material on the doors of my polo, the cabin thus was very quiet. The cabin of Compass is well insulated but you will always hear the engine if the music is off no matter the RPM. Since you mentioned TSI engines, the petrol automatic variants of Compass have a very quiet cabin.

I am getting 13 km/l if driving without any traffic, that's the highest I have seen and the lowest is 9 km/l while driving uphill on ghats.

Vibrations are also very well contained, the car is more comfortable at higher speeds
navaneeth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:48   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post

I am getting 13 km/l if driving without any traffic, that's the highest I have seen and the lowest is 9 km/l while driving uphill on ghats.

Vibrations are also very well contained, the car is more comfortable at higher speeds
One question Navaneeth, when you start moving the car from halt do you also feel engine noise more (+ vibrations) ? May be I am not used to driving automatics, but what i observed is when I press the paddle to start moving for initial few gear shift there is a evident more engine noise. Before shifting to higher gear by auto gearbox, RPM increases to 2000 (This creates vibration & increased engine noise). Once higher gear is engaged, RPM goes down along with the engine noise.

Once car crosses 40-50 kmph, all noise disappears and it sails smooth. Is it something I am doing wrong in when starting to move from halt OR it happens with our compass diesel engine + Auto gearbox?

PS: It may be very well my mistake in managing throttle, I've driven it just 70KM till now.
Old 22nd April 2021, 14:21   #180
BHPian

Quote:
One question Navaneeth, when you start moving the car from halt do you also feel engine noise more (+ vibrations) ? May be I am not used to driving automatics, but what i observed is when I press the paddle to start moving for initial few gear shift there is a evident more engine noise. Before shifting to higher gear by auto gearbox, RPM increases to 2000 (This creates vibration & increased engine noise). Once higher gear is engaged, RPM goes down along with the engine noise.

Once car crosses 40-50 kmph, all noise disappears and it sails smooth. Is it something I am doing wrong in when starting to move from halt OR it happens with our compass diesel engine + Auto gearbox?
I haven't noticed any noticeable vibrations in lower gears, but I agree that the car is much smoother when the speed is above 40 or 50 kmph.
navaneeth is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks