Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2021, 19:53   #121
BHPian

Friends,wanted to check if the Diesel manual S variant misses out on 360 degree camera and wireless charging. The variant comparison chart on Jeep's website shows "a" against these two features, hence, not quite sure. The SA however confirmed that except for 4X4, everything else is the same. Would be grateful for a confirmation. Thank you.

Incidentally, I checked out the techno green in person as I wanted to compare it with the galaxy blue, which I had checked earlier. Both colours look great in person and in shade/ dark are almost identical to black colour. After seeing the red colour in the showroom in person, the contrast of the front fascia in black looks much better in the S variant. In comparison, found the techno green and galaxy blue too elegant. May just consider the red when I decide to go ahead.
Old 21st March 2021, 21:00   #122
BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
I thought, that the Limited variant has a tan colour running through the dash which I did not like and hence choose the anniversary variant. Are you sure you get a grey instead of tan on the Limited. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your post.
IMHO you should wait for 80th anniversary if you like it as it has some distinct features and worth waiting for it even if its a month. The Alloys are better than S variant.
The Limited Variant has a grey leather interior with a tan leather insert running through the dashboard, while the Anniversary Edition has an all black leather interior like the S variant. And yes, I will wait for the anniversary edition, because I prefer the black interior and no chrome exterior over the normal variants. I think since they are producing the limited variant in techno green, the Anniversary edition should not be far behind. Just got the email info for my dealership’s GM, so will ask him about my order and will post about any updates that he might offer.
Old 21st March 2021, 22:43   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
How would the customer financing method determine prioritisation, unless FCA offer financing on its own? While speaking to SAs in both Delhi and Chandigarh, no one mentioned financing via FCA to me, both recommended private banks like HDFC or ICICI or Kotak Mahindra.

But shouldn’t the manufacturer be concerned about customer satisfaction, at least pre sales? Wouldn’t it just make a bad impression in the market if the brand is not customer friendly or customer responsive? Like make a potential customer question that if the response is so bad before a sale, how would the brand perform if there is a problem after a sale?

P.S. I spoke to my SA today and he asked me if I wanted a Limited Variant instead of the Anniversary Variant in Techno Green because they have started getting allocations for Limited variants in Techno Green in 15-20 days from the date of booking. Or I could go for a Magnisio Grey or Black colour for Anniversary Variant which they just got allocations for. But sticking to my guns here and waiting for the Hulk. *fingers crossed*
My thinking is that the dealership monopoly/oligopoly is hurting FCA and they would not be unaware of it. But it is an issue which will need several levers to be tightened and a battle they have chosen to fight sometime else.

The business model of dealers is such that when you chose one of their preferred banks as a financer - it impacts the dealer's top line positively in someway. And if you have all the paper work and loan sanctions ready then for the dealer that is "ready and immediate cash flow" and hence you are priority. It is the same in any retail business. For FCA all that matters is how many units sell of each variants and I am fairly convinced that they want(hope) to dent the market and take away few Korean customers by demonstrating their value (for 3-5 lac more) . This customer segment (the fence hitters - contemplaters as I call them) will give them volumes and accordingly Sports and Longitude is "being asked " to be aggressive sold . FCA seems to be confident that Limited, Anniversary and S will be bought by the Jeep loyalist or people who are convinced (for whatever reason), but also know that these variants would only add to the the premiumness of brand and not mean growth (volume) which they desperately need in their 4- 5th year in India. The key would be the INR 15-20 lac customer who needs convincing . The dealers are targeting them and perhaps would perhaps even get incentives for carving out a share of this client segment from Koreans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalitha Venkat View Post
I thought, that the Limited variant has a tan colour running through the dash which I did not like and hence choose the anniversary variant. Are you sure you get a grey instead of tan on the Limited. Sorry if I am misunderstanding your post.
IMHO you should wait for 80th anniversary if you like it as it has some distinct features and worth waiting for it even if its a month. The Alloys are better than S variant.
I was told "any of the leathers could be changed to any color". This would be done by the dealer. We bought the Limited variant as we were tired of black interiors. The grey dash and seats felt (looked) new. In a few years we may change the tan leather strip to black .
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:41   #124
BHPian

Connected-Car Features

Finally, I was able to get the JeepLife app working after 2 weeks of delivery.

Does Compass come with connected car features? Yes
Can we turn on the engine and start AC remotely? NO

How to activate the app (as per the manual):

1) Install JeepLife mobile application
2) Create an account
3) Enter VIN
4) Scan the QR code that's inside the small piece of paper inside a little box given during delivery or Enter IMEI manually

How I activated the app:
1) Install JeepLife mobile application
2) Talked to the service center and FCA support about the error while entering VIN
3) Waited for an app update
4) Updated the app and smiled when the VIN step finished successfully
5) Talked to the service center & FCA support about the error ( "no internet connection" ) while entering IMEI
6) The guy from FCA support said they will activate the app from their end
7) Waited
8) Waited for more days
9) One day I opened the app and found that it works

Features of the app:
a) Honk
b) Lock/Unlock
c) On/off blinkers
d) Geofencing
e) Driving score
f) Curfew
g) SOS

Haven't tried geofencing & curfew yet but the other features work well.

Some screenshots:

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-merge_from_ofoct-4.jpg

Last edited by navaneeth : 22nd March 2021 at 10:53.
navaneeth is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 10:51   #125
BHPian

Test drove the petrol automatic yesterday at KHT as diesel is now beyond my budget. It felt quite refined compared to the diesel. However, we were not impressed by the overall cabin space. The car appeared to be tiny from inside. Not sure if it was just me or have others felt this? This is the first time I sat in the compass. The roof did not appear to be at a good height from my head.

The drive was fun, though. Finally found a steering that can compare to my Figo. The acceleration was linear in nature. The SA told me its a safety feature that does not allow compass to accelerate suddenly

The fuel economy on the MID at the end of the test drive showed a paltry 4.8kmpl. Disappointing to say the least. This will likely be a deal-breaker but for now, the compass is still on the list.
starrys987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:18   #126
BHPian

My petrol auto has finally arrived with the dealer. Sharing the insurance quote with you all. Let me know if I’m missing anything. Should I really go for engine and tire secure ? What do they really cover? First time I’m taking these so have almost no knowledge about them.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 202103200160594_20032021034035.pdf (83.0 KB, 423 views)
Sahil_Gurgaon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 13:51   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Connected-Car Features

Does Compass come with connected car features? Yes
Can we turn on the engine and start AC remotely? NO

How to activate the app (as per the manual):
I was told Turning engine and AC on is an update reserved for S variant and will be over the air update it due time.

How to get the geofencing and curfew on?

All other features working well. Driving behavior if one cares is good insights.

Last edited by Sheel : 22nd March 2021 at 17:54. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
CarEnthusiast10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 17:43   #128
BHPian

Spoke to my SA just to check on the status of my Galaxy Blue order. He unfortunately has no update on my car yet. He says Grey, Green and Blue have not had a delivery in the Mumbai showroom for quite a while!
He blames the delay for these colours on exports. FCA is catering to the export demand for Green, Blue & Grey and just pushing out these colours sporadically for the Indian market. The lucky ones got those pieces this month. The next lot in these colours is expected end of march (which should be NOW..ANYWAY!) or April first week! The wait continues...
scarezebra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:04   #129
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on the car !!!

What a drool worthy color. I am almost tempted to sell both the Duster AWD and Rapid and buy the Model S just for this colour.

Last edited by Altocumulus : 22nd March 2021 at 19:06.
Altocumulus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 19:54   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navaneeth View Post
Connected-Car Features

Are there any monthly charges for this? I am guessing there would be an e-sim required for features like geofencing.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd March 2021 at 10:00. Reason: Please trim posts when quoting & replying. Thanks.
Old 23rd March 2021, 09:34   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarEnthusiast10 View Post
I was told Turning engine and AC on is an update reserved for S variant and will be over the air update it due time.
I hope this information is correct, otherwise, the app is not of much use to me.

Quote:
How to get the geofencing and curfew on?
Both geo-fencing & curfew is under the "My Jeep" menu. You just need to select locations and set a radius to enable geofencing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
Are there any monthly charges for this?
It is free for 3 years, then there are some charges, I don't know the exact figure.
Old 23rd March 2021, 09:41   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
My petrol auto has finally arrived with the dealer. Sharing the insurance quote with you all. Let me know if I’m missing anything. Should I really go for engine and tire secure ? What do they really cover? First time I’m taking these so have almost no knowledge about them.
Engine protect helps primarily in case of flood damage to a stationary vehicle. It does not cover damages in case you drive the car through a flooded road and end up damaging the engine.
Have never heard of anyone making a successful tyre insurance claim, so can't say much about it's utility. What you should remember though is that any insurance will not cover manufacturing defects or damages due to regular wear and tear. The following links might be helpful in making your decision:

https://www.acko.com/car-insurance/c...tection-cover/

https://www.acko.com/car-insurance/t...ion-insurance/
Quoter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 10:27   #133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
This is a very good quote. Given that your engine size is <1.5L, the quote for TP premium reduces substantially. Just for comparison, my Longitude Diesel Manual quote (IDV = 19.4L) is coming to 72K having the same coverage as yours. Thats a whopping 20K more than yours.

I am not a fan of engine cover but last year there were crazy floods in Gurgaon so do keep that in mind. Having said that, I would suggest you get Return to Invoice.
Pancham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 18:20   #134
BHPian

For my Jeep Compass 2020, the app doesn’t even show the right colour. They didn’t have to launch the app that’s still so beta.

My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-4529ea95b3b04287b91d2c583e72ae17.jpeg

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, Endy, JC) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 24th March 2021 at 18:41. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 26th March 2021, 18:52   #135
BHPian

Quote:
My thinking is that the dealership monopoly/oligopoly is hurting FCA and they would not be unaware of it. But it is an issue which will need several levers to be tightened and a battle they have chosen to fight sometime else.
I agree completely on this point. Skoda in Chennai was largely impacted by having one service center whose practices were not above board. The brand name was significantly tarnished and I am aware of several people who changed the purchase decision on account of this dealer. FCA in Chennai also has only one guy and I am little paranoid on how the experience could pan out. For VW at least there are 2-3 guys whom I have an option to move around. How much ever the product is robust, all products need a good service support which is a good part of the user experience. While the units sold will determine the number of centers required the quality of service is not measurable easily. They need to have robust CRM tools and quality checks.
Lalitha Venkat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks