Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2021, 16:51   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplife_newbie View Post
Yes, I am quite sure. Got an email first from the sales manager of the dealership that the price is going to be increased by 2% from June 2021 and that the current semiconductor shortage is only going to get worse because of the lockdowns, so I should take delivery of the car as soon as possible, which hasn’t even been assigned from the factory yet.
One advice. Dont part with your money. Do not pay them unless you get some solid confirmation about the vehicle reaching the yard/dispatched or at least allocated.
Pancham is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 17:39   #242
BHPian

For the ones who have booked the 80th anniversary edition and have an allocation already, but due to the lockdown and apprehension that the newly delivered vehicle would just be sitting in the garage, with limited usage and a fair amount being spent upfront and on the ongoing EMIs, most would prefer to wait and watch how things pan out.

However the other concern is losing out on the allocated car which has been produced in limited numbers ( anniversary edition) and being told to pay up or it will be allocated to the next customer.
TRANSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 17:47   #243
BHPian

Got a message today from Landmark Jeep saying prices will increase by 2% from 1st June, 2021. They are asking for entire payment to be made in the month of May to safeguard from price hike. Any way to verify this? And more importantly, can Landmark Jeep be trusted? The message sounds very shady to say the least !!
Old 18th May 2021, 18:42   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
Any way to verify this? And more importantly, can Landmark Jeep be trusted? The message sounds very shady to say the least !!
I would suggest to call Jeep customer care, I found them very helpful and at blink of eye of customer they open a ticket against dealer (For dealer it is a complaint, and they are supposed to close it). I am telling you this from my experience, once complaint is open the customer care follows up with dealership and they dealership will do everything to close it.

If dealership is doing something shady (have some revenue even if cars are not allocated), you will know it with this route. you can also verify from customer care the theory that "if you pay in month of May, you are safe from any price increase"

Last edited by pankaj_9730 : 18th May 2021 at 18:46.
Old 18th May 2021, 18:43   #245
BHPian

U connect shows

Battery: 12 V
Coolant: 89 degrees Celsius

Can others share stats from their cars?[/quote]

My battery shows 13.0 v and coolant is at 86 degree Celsius.
Old 18th May 2021, 19:05   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoter View Post
Got a message today from Landmark Jeep saying prices will increase by 2% from 1st June, 2021. They are asking for entire payment to be made in the month of May to safeguard from price hike. Any way to verify this? And more importantly, can Landmark Jeep be trusted? The message sounds very shady to say the least !!
Quote:
Just got an update from my SA, FCA is increasing Jeep prices from 1st June by 2%. He is hopeful that we would be assigned a car by the end of this month, but in case it doesn’t, he is suggesting that we pay the ex-showroom price and get the car billed by the end of this month so that we don’t have to pay the price increase and get it delivered when it’s available in June. Does anybody have any thoughts or suggestions about this?
Quote:
Yes, I am quite sure. Got an email first from the sales manager of the dealership that the price is going to be increased by 2% from June 2021 and that the current semiconductor shortage is only going to get worse because of the lockdowns, so I should take delivery of the car as soon as possible, which hasn’t even been assigned from the factory yet.

Just got the same message yesterday in writing from my dealership in Chandigarh, so at least two dealership chains are doing the same thing.
Old 19th May 2021, 08:02   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Does the engine become smoother and quieter after a period ? If yes, after how long approximately?
The manual diesel is noticeably smoother now (a shade over 1000km now) as against what it was, when I got the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil_Gurgaon View Post
U connect shows
Battery: 12 V
Coolant: 89 degrees Celsius
Can others share stats from their cars?
My battery shows 13.0 v and coolant is at 86 degree Celsius.
My JeepLife app shows 14.0V & 87°C
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-meherbaan.jpg  

Shaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 10:49   #248
BHPian

Hello,

Took delivery of my Techno Green Model S AT 15 days back. Have driven it a total of 500 kms, but due to partial lockdowns driving has been very low last week with the car being driven only on alternate days.

Today morning on trying to start the car, the car did not start. It has been showing lots of errors on MID. On going thru Jeep Facebook group, came to know many people are facing similar issue, which is being caused by battery getting discharged.

Anyone on Tbhp also facing such issue? Can the battery die out soo soon?

Regards,
Bineet
Old 19th May 2021, 11:22   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bineet_D View Post
Hello,
On going thru Jeep Facebook group, came to know many people are facing similar issue, which is being caused by battery getting discharged.

Regards,
Bineet
Jeep recommends maintaining engine rpm at 2000 rpm for atleast 10 minutes every 2 days, when vehicle is not in much of active use. Also, start the engine when using electronics in the Jeep. If you are facing partial lockdown, you can make it a point to do some early morning drives. Roads would be free and you won’t have to contend with lockdown protocols.
Harsha89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 15:34   #250

Quote:
Hello,
Took delivery of my Techno Green Model S AT 15 days back. Have driven it a total of 500 kms, but due to partial lockdowns driving has been very low last week with the car being driven only on alternate days.

Today morning on trying to start the car, the car did not start. It has been showing lots of errors on MID. On going thru Jeep Facebook group, came to know many people are facing similar issue, which is being caused by battery getting discharged.

Regards,
Bineet
1. Crank the engine.
2. Keep it running at 2000rpm for a minimum of 5~7 minutes.
3. Do this every 2 days to prevent the battery from discharging.

This is what is recommended by Jeep.

I have simply copy/pasted the SMS I'd got from them the very next day after Lockdown here in Maharashtra was declared.

You can also use the Jeep Life App to keep a track of ur vehicle's Battery state.

I've been religiously driving mine for 10~15 minutes every alternate day, during 6a.m. thru 11a.m. which are the hours when the lockdown norms are a bit relaxed
Shaq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 20:28   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChandraShekar View Post
There is a very small spot light in between the two roof lights above the center console that shoots a dim light to the cupholders. The light is so dull that it cannot be captured on camera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harsha89 View Post
Wow, Jeep did an Apple here.
Ha ha ha.
So very true.
I replaced the stock one with a soft-white LED (the brighter yellowish-line one in the photo)
Has a better throw & illumination and actually lights-up the entire armrest, cup-holders & and other cubby-holes in a soft-white halo; a much better choice over what the stock one was.
Attached Thumbnails
My Facelifted Jeep Compass S Diesel Automatic 4x4 (Galaxy Blue)-ambi.jpg  

Shaq is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2021, 22:53   #252
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaq View Post
Ha ha ha.
So very true.
I replaced the stock one with a soft-white LED (the brighter yellowish-line one in the photo).
Could you please share details of the replacement bulb (cost, purchase details etc) ? Is it a DIY job to replace it or was professional help required ?
Old 20th May 2021, 12:55   #253
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Took delivery of my Techno Green Model S AT 15 days back. the car being driven only on alternate days.

Today morning on trying to start the car, the car did not start.
After looking at the car age(almost new) and your driving statistics, if the car starts to have this type of glitches within a fortnight, it looks typical Tata reliability levels to me. And you bought those glitches at considerably higher price than a Tata.

That said, if it indeed is a battery drain issue the cause could mainly be 4 things:
1) your battery wasn't optimally charged when you took delivery
2) it got drained by you using stuff in the car with engine turned off for long times.
3) there's rogue gadget/s in your car sapping current even when the car is parked.
4) rodents in your parking space like your car more than you do and are busy making noodles of your wiring when you're not looking. This is risky business and could cause short-circuit ing. Look into it asap.

If the reason is point 3 Im curious to know how Fiat handles this and how fast.

All the best.
Old 20th May 2021, 13:22   #254
Senior - BHPian

Existing new Compass owners, could you please confirm something? Does your phone get automatically connected to Apple Car Play every time you get into your car or do you have to connect it manually every single time ?
Old 20th May 2021, 13:22   #255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixantz View Post
After looking at the car age(almost new) and your driving statistics, if the car starts to have this type of glitches within a fortnight, it looks typical Tata reliability levels to me. And you bought those glitches at considerably higher price than a Tata.

That said, if it indeed is a battery drain issue the cause could mainly be 4 things:
1) your battery wasn't optimally charged when you took delivery
2) it got drained by you using stuff in the car with engine turned off for long times.
3) there's rogue gadget/s in your car sapping current even when the car is parked.
4) rodents in your parking space like your car more than you do and are busy making noodles of your wiring when you're not looking. This is risky business and could cause short-circuit ing. Look into it asap.

If the reason is point 3 Im curious to know how Fiat handles this and how fast.

All the best.
Hi,

Had made a call to the local Jeep dealer service team who promptly sent a technician along with the advisor today morning. He jump started the car, so indeed it was a battery drain issue. He informed that it is a frequent issue which most new gen Compass are encountering. The issue is that the MID always remains on even after switching off the car & locking it. I did not notice the same earlier, and only after he demonstrated it to me, I realised the same. The MID keeps showing the kms run, as well as the message 'press brake & stop/start to the start the car'. The advisor pointed out that this is what is sipping on battery. He has taken the car to the workshop & shall drop the car tomorrow morning post rectifying the error. Can fellow Tbhp-ians with the new Compass check & confirm if their MID also keeps showing info even after switching off the car.

PS: I have been delighted by the prompt action shown by the local Jeep dealer. Have been using a 2016 Mahindra Scorpio S10 prior to the Jeep, and have a Tata Tiago as well, but the service experience has always been a letdown. Although I do agree that such issues should have been ironed out by Jeep prior to delivery. After spending 30 big ones on a car, cannot expect such niggles which hampers the initial ownership experience.

Regards,
Bineet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
Existing new Compass owners, could you please confirm something? Does your phone get automatically connected to Apple Car Play every time you get into your car or do you have to connect it manually every single time ?
I have been using Android auto regularly & also connected Carplay from my wife's iPhone, and both connect seamlessly everytime. Need not connect manually every time.
But have encountered exceptions when the key fob is taken out of the car in parked mode. In such a scenario, on returning to the car, had to reconnect manually. Hope this helps.

Last edited by bblost : 20th May 2021 at 14:23. Reason: back to back.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks