Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2007, 15:19   #196
Senior - BHPian

Guess Good Year days are gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
are the goodyear gt3s good or do i need to change them
Hey dockap,
The Good year days are long gone by and bridgestones and the michelins are the best lot now. IMHO michelin is a good one to go about with.
Old 7th July 2007, 11:46   #197
BHPian

Its been close to 4 weeks and i am struggling to get my car registered. RTO say approval of car has not come. Showroom guys have kept me waiting saying it will come any moment and now they gave me some approval letter and when i took there they say it has fault as car sale invoice says Optra 2.0L and approval says 1991 CC. I have been to RTO now more than 5 times and in next 2 days even my T/R will expire.
Old 7th July 2007, 13:18   #198
BHPian

ya man i know how it feels i didnt have that problem but my rto was adament that i get a letter from gm stating that exshowroom price is 999999 cause if its even 1 rupee more than i have to pay 2% extra lifetax
(i have the lt model) not yet got the registration papers but i have already put the numberplates on since i paid 9000 for the no lol even went for a short trip to kerala without papers
Old 7th July 2007, 15:33   #199

hi everyone, on basis of reviews given by u folks i have booked my optra magnum LS today 07-07-07 . didn't even get a test drive as no test drive vehicle is available in haryana. so all depends on your reviews

please suggest is it possible to get leather wrrapping on steering wheel and gear knob as in LT model
Old 8th July 2007, 08:19   #200
BHPian

well u can get a leather gear knob and leather cover for the steering weel in a car acessory shop but if u want the same 1 in the LT model i dont know if the dealer can give it to u immedialety (they have to order it from the comapny)and if they do it will cost u a small fortune
my advice get a good 1 from a car acessory shop
Old 9th July 2007, 14:33   #201
BHPian

Its very difficult to really test the ABS in any car in our cities.
Very often that is where we end up doing the test drive. I atleast didnt have that luxury in bombay.
The optra magnum surely has good breaks but that doesnt help us understand whether ABS is needed or not. I belive ABS is still a must.
I agree that my dealer also explained to me that ABS is not need and is more a luxury thing for the top end with air bags etc. From the moment he said that I didnt want to discuss cars with him. ABS isnt luxury. Sure thats how they sell it here in India but I strongly feel its time they made it a must.
Old 9th July 2007, 15:36   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

ABS is a luxury?

Escalate this to GM.

I think we must make manufacturers take action against their dealers who deploy unqualified staff.
Old 9th July 2007, 19:33   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chittybang View Post
Its very difficult to really test the ABS in any car in our cities.
Very often that is where we end up doing the test drive. I atleast didnt have that luxury in bombay.
The optra magnum surely has good breaks but that doesnt help us understand whether ABS is needed or not. I belive ABS is still a must.
I agree that my dealer also explained to me that ABS is not need and is more a luxury thing for the top end with air bags etc. From the moment he said that I didnt want to discuss cars with him. ABS isnt luxury. Sure thats how they sell it here in India but I strongly feel its time they made it a must.
ABS helps the car to behave well in tricky conditions like you are at 100kmph and u suddenly brake. ur car wont skid as ABS will be pulsing wildly and EBD too.
I think 99% is behing the nuts but sometimes ABS/EBD will be really helpful and may save life.
Old 10th July 2007, 10:25   #204
BHPian

One question to all of u Magna owners.
Leaving apart the fuel / engine type, how will you rate Honda Civic and Chevy Optra Magnum, giving more stress to ride-handling-comfort-long term maintenance?
Old 10th July 2007, 12:52   #205
BHPian

dont know about long term maintainence but ride and comfort much better in magnum handling maybe the civic looks also the civic
depends on ur requirements -if u want image and looks cant beat the civic
if u want compleate value for money and comfort then its the magnum
Old 10th July 2007, 14:05   #206

hello anand , did u get any kind of discount on optra as dealer over here is saying that he is providing me my car in ten days isn't it enough. so no discount.i have booked it but i still have to pay the remaining amount.
Old 10th July 2007, 16:02   #207
BHPian

any updated mileage/FE figures from the owners?
Also, any idea of service costs?Did any of you go for the extended 3yr service plan; was it offered?
Civic looks so tempting when you consider the added features/looks.
Any discounts offered?
Also I just checked with the dealer and they have launched the petrol magnum. The new upgraded optra with the SRV front is now being called the magnum petrol.
Old 10th July 2007, 17:05   #208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saketnagpal View Post
hello anand , did u get any kind of discount on optra as dealer over here is saying that he is providing me my car in ten days isn't it enough. so no discount.i have booked it but i still have to pay the remaining amount.
hello man no i didnt get any discount on the car also i got my car on the same day it was launched (no waiting) now people have to wait for 2 weeks for the car here in mangalore
Old 10th July 2007, 19:40   #209
BHPian

Did a test drive of an ICY blue Optra magnum LT in Cochin...nothing more to add about the car features and specs...felt very much value for money...

While I was driving the sales guy accompanying me said this strange thing. I have to continuously apply brakes with increasing pressure rather than pumping intermittently to have more effective breaking...he said the ABS wud malfunction (turn off) if I take my foot off the brake pedal in between a breaking operation. That was news for me...may be coz

Is this true?...

Waitning period in Cochin seem to be on the higher side...around a month now...also funny enough, no discounts are offered and the car comes with no accessories for free...one has to pay for the floor mats and the mudflaps too...sales guy says thats the case with spark too..
Old 10th July 2007, 19:49   #210
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by basilmabraham View Post
While I was driving the sales guy accompanying me said this strange thing. I have to continuously apply brakes with increasing pressure rather than pumping intermittently to have more effective breaking...he said the ABS wud malfunction (turn off) if I take my foot off the brake pedal in between
a breaking operation. That was news for me...may be coz

Is this true?...
You should not pump your brakes if you have ABS. Just hold your foot firmly on the brakes pedal and remember that you can still steer.

Read more here: Tips for Driving with ABS (Anti-Lock Brake Systems) - NSC
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks