Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2007, 11:05   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
The Magnum LT with ABS and Airbags is 10.1L ex showroom in ludhiana, which is about 2L overpriced in my opinion.
So this one bites the dust and without a test drive.
Come on TSK, In that case NHC should be overpriced by 3 lacs atleast, and Civic by 5lacs
Old 18th July 2007, 12:52   #227
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivadas View Post
Come on TSK, In that case NHC should be overpriced by 3 lacs atleast, and Civic by 5lacs
Well I used strong words here, the problem is that this car does not fit me really. I have to put the seat at the lowest setting as far as height is concerned, though legroom is good.
As for NHC, its a roomy car, I would feel happy inside a NHC.
When a lot of your travel involves 8-10 hours of hard driving on unlit highways, comfort becomes a very very important factor.
Old 18th July 2007, 15:57   #228

got my optra magnum LS black on 16th i.e. monday and am very excited .its first in my city and is making a lot of heads turn. but there is some serious problem with reverse gear and it takes a real effort to shift into reverse and requires many attempts service station is atleast 100 kms from my place so a bit upset. Anand can u shed some light on it
Old 18th July 2007, 19:05   #229
Senior - BHPian

I dont think headroom is a problem with the Optra at all, never seen any one complain about that. it may not suit you but that doesnot mean you come to conclusions it should be two lac cheaper. Then i think Tata should be paying me 2 lacs to buy their Indica? And then helping them in R&D
Old 18th July 2007, 21:13   #230
BHPian

After close to 6 weeks i got my RC from RTO and guess what it reads Magnum petrol :(.
Old 18th July 2007, 23:31   #231
BHPian

there is some serious problem with reverse gear and it takes a real effort to shift into reverse and requires many attempts service station is atleast 100 kms from my place so a bit upset. Anand can u shed some light on it[/quote]
hey man congrats,about the reverse gear i have the problem occ but i have had that in almost every car i had all u have to do is put it in first gear and move a bit foward and then try reverse gear
Old 18th July 2007, 23:37   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeo View Post
After close to 6 weeks i got my RC from RTO and guess what it reads Magnum petrol :(.
oh man u are in serious trouble cause if u have a accident then ur insurance co may create big trouble for u (what have they mentioned in the insurance documents-petrol or diesel?)
i think u must have done temp registration belore the rto clearence came so it was reg as optra petrol and they saw that while doing permenant and now u have a petrol magnum(on rc)
my advice better get it changed fast by hook or by crook(under the table cash helps)
Old 23rd July 2007, 12:19   #233
BHPian

Chaps, i happened to see a magnum yesterday. I saw the headlight. It has only one beam/bulb unlike the petrol optra. Do you guys think its better to have two beams/bulbs one for high and one for low beam. this will give better lighting on highways. Apparently these big cars will do a lot of highways.
Elantra has twin beam.
Old 24th July 2007, 01:11   #234
BHPian

the headlights of my magnum suck i cant see nothing (50%)at night and when it rains and the windows mist over from outside i am (80%)blind
also i have started getting rust spots on my car which is hardly 2 months old the dealer took photos and is sending them to GM india
Old 24th July 2007, 09:39   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Rust?

This is strange.
Which parts are rusting?
Old 24th July 2007, 09:49   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
the headlights of my magnum suck i cant see nothing (50%)at night and when it rains and the windows mist over from outside i am (80%)blind
also i have started getting rust spots on my car which is hardly 2 months old the dealer took photos and is sending them to GM india
Thats strange....every one was in big praise for the car and now u say urs is started to rust...

thats sad...I was expecting a superb build quality on this one...need to think twice before plunging into buying one.

Hope your rust issue gets solved immediately...Drive safe.
Old 30th July 2007, 19:54   #237
BHPian

the showroom has painted the 2 rust spots and informed gm about it they say the door was touching that area when it was closed and they will correct this during the 1st servecing at 5000 kms
other than this issue the car rocks and i love it
Old 31st July 2007, 10:49   #238
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Dockap...can you please post those pictures (rust) here. Thanks.
Old 31st July 2007, 13:36   #239
BHPian

sorry i didnt click any the showroom guys did
there were 2 small rust spots on the area what u call it like when u open door and get in the footboard?
Old 31st July 2007, 14:58   #240
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
sorry i didnt click any the showroom guys did
there were 2 small rust spots on the area what u call it like when u open door and get in the footboard?
Seems like a misaligned door scraping the paint off from the foot board.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks